Thread: The King Family

Noelle Page Guest

The King Family

Anyone remember them and their 1960s show? I remember lots and lots of blonde people with bouffants.....

Jaxxx Guest
    No, maybe if I saw a picture, sounds like a Brady Bunch wantabe.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I cannot BELIEVE someone else actually remembers the King Family!! I thought I must have been hallucinating it from my childhood, because absolutely NO ONE I know remembers their show!

Anyway, cheers to you for remembering, as you mention, the blondest, prettiest, biggest-haired singing "family" in history!!

More Cheese Please Guest

Noelle Page Guest
    Hmmm....that's got to be a fairly recent photo. Thanks for posting it.

In the show there were dozens and dozens of them.

My God we use to watch them when I was kid.

More Cheese Please Guest

More Cheese Please Guest

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    I cannot BELIEVE someone else actually remembers the King Family!! I thought I must have been hallucinating it from my childhood, because absolutely NO ONE I know remembers their show!

Anyway, cheers to you for remembering, as you mention, the blondest, prettiest, biggest-haired singing "family" in history!!

Right? I know! "Nobody" remembers them. This is the best thing about the internets....

SuburbanDeathHag Guest
    I remember being very, very young, and watching this creepy pablum with the blonde family. It was almost as bad as watching Lawrence Welk in Living Color. Thank God the days of just a few vhf channels is long gone!

Kathyf Guest
    Im remember watching them on something when I was younger.

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanDeathHag View Post
    I remember being very, very young, and watching this creepy pablum with the blonde family. It was almost as bad as watching Lawrence Welk in Living Color. Thank God the days of just a few vhf channels is long gone!
    I think it was equally as bad as watching Lawrence Welk in Living Color.
    Gawd, it was like a goody two shoes convention.

Reminds me of all those 'white slacks, crew cuts and pullovers' singing groups. Remember them?

This land is youuuuur laaaaannd. This land is mmmmyyyy laaaaaannnd....

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry in Connecticut View Post

Reminds me of all those 'white slacks, crew cuts and pullovers' singing groups. Remember them?

Oh, I dunno.....I have kind of a fondness for that stuff. It's campy now but also kind of sweet. Gone forever tho. I'd take the good old repressed 50s culture over today's horrid bitches-n-ho's. At least there was something to rebel AGAINST.

Oh yeah, I remember them. Overly sweet, quaint. They had the KING COUSINS (the teenaged KINGS), KING SISTERS (the original 4 who were in their 40s during the mid 1960s), and of course THE KING FAMILY.

One of them, TINA COLE, the daughter of YVONNE (I think) played ROBBIE' wife KATIE on MY THREE SONS in the late 1960s.

Noelle Page Guest
    Oh yes, her. I always wished my hair would do that

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    looks like i'm gonna be jacking off a 4th time today. YAHOO!!!!

[SIZE=3]You are one sick bastard !!![/SIZE]

Listen, if you end up in Bawlmer, call me & we'll grab some beers.

Rugger57 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry in Connecticut View Post

Lawrence Welk was in In Living Color???

I never knew that. Guess they edited him outa the reruns on BET.....

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    [SIZE=3]You are one sick bastard !!![/SIZE]

Listen, if you end up in Bawlmer, call me & we'll grab some beers.
    you're on!!!

Sylkyn Guest
    I've been wondering for years what happened to them. They were like ... HUGE. At the time anyway. They always had Christmas specials and crap like that. I want to say they were on Andy Williams' show sometimes, too. And of course Lawrence Welk...that or they were on after.

Hell I don't know! My grandmother made me watch 'em!

Now you're gonna get me going to dig up shit on the Lennon Sisters. (Who were discovered by Lawrence Welk, if memory serves me correctly.)

Sylkyn Guest
    Oh yeah, I remember them. Overly sweet, quaint. They had the KING COUSINS (the teenaged KINGS), KING SISTERS (the original 4 who were in their 40s during the mid 1960s), and of course THE KING FAMILY.

One of them, TINA COLE, the daughter of YVONNE (I think) played ROBBIE' wife KATIE on MY THREE SONS in the late 1960s.
    I am probably wrong here, but weren't they married in real life, too? I seem to remember my next-door neighbor insisting they were. Of course, we were eight at the time...

Noelle Page Guest
    Now if Tina was the daughter of Yvonne King, does that mean Yvonne's married name was "Yvonne King Cole"?

Not married in real life. Tina was an early TV babe, kind of pre-Charlie's Angel angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Now if Tina was the daughter of Yvonne King, does that mean Yvonne's married name was "Yvonne King Cole"?
    That reminds me, if singer ANITA BRYANT married comedian ANDY DICK, then her name would become [SIZE=4]ANITA DICK..........[/SIZE]

but wait, she knows how to straighten him out too......

Harry in Connecticut Guest

but wait, she knows how to straighten him out too......

If you have a boner in bed, and you read a book, you probably already are straight.

RoRo Guest
    I kinda remember them and sadly since I work with the elderly I still see the Lawrence Welk show regularly

Hoagie78 Guest
    I was digging around you tube today and came across their official channel for the King Family. There are a ton of 60's clips of them on there. I remember Tina Cole from My Three Sons. After her divorce from her first husband, she became involved with and almost married her TV husband Don Grady......years later she married the step-son of her TV mother in law played by Beverly Garland. His name was Filmore Crank Jr.....she would Be Tina Cole Crank......LOL I think she had a son by her first marriage named Volney the III. She went on to have some more kids with hubby no.2.

Here is clip of Tina and the King Cousins from 1969. It'd a b&w copy of an original color broadcast.

Last edited by Hoagie78; 07-24-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Hoagie78 Guest
    Another clip:

stephenmiller Guest
    The King Family all need to have name tags on them!

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    I remember some spoof on tv - maybe it was SNL or Mad TV....anyway it was called "Christmas with the King Family".

It was a takeoff on the King Family specials but this one featured the family of Stephen King and the Christmas surprise wasn't matching sweaters, eggnog and presents.

If I recall correctly it had to do with hatchets, bodyparts and buckets of blood.

Hoagie78 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    I remember some spoof on tv - maybe it was SNL or Mad TV....anyway it was called "Christmas with the King Family".

It was a takeoff on the King Family specials but this one featured the family of Stephen King and the Christmas surprise wasn't matching sweaters, eggnog and presents.

If I recall correctly it had to do with hatchets, bodyparts and buckets of blood.
    I seem to recall that. I miss Mad TV, that show was hilarious. I'm surprised they didn't bag on Lawerence Welk. That would have been a comedy goldmine.

Hoagie78 Guest
    There are few words to describe this. Bobby in a baby dress on Lawerence Welk.