Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harvey Weinstein, Producer and Sexual Harasser

Harvey Weinstein, Producer and Sexual Harasser

Producer of Oscar winning Shakespeare in Love, also affiliated with Gangs of New York, LOTR:The Fellowship of the Ring, and pretty much all of the Quentin Tarantino movies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/u...legations.html

"An investigation by The New York Times found previously undisclosed allegations against Mr. Weinstein stretching over nearly three decades, documented through interviews with current and former employees and film industry workers, as well as legal records, emails and internal documents from the businesses he has run, Miramax and the Weinstein Company.

During that time, after being confronted with allegations including sexual harassment and unwanted physical contact, Mr. Weinstein has reached at least eight settlements with women, according to two company officials speaking on the condition of anonymity. Among the recipients, The Times found, were a young assistant in New York in 1990, an actress in 1997, an assistant in London in 1998, an Italian model in 2015 and Ms. O??Connor shortly after, according to records and those familiar with the agreements."

His current lawyer is Lisa Bloom, daughter of Gloria Allred, (and owner of the Perelson Mansion) I bet her Mom is pissed.

Take heart ladies, Harvey is sowwy about the requests for nude massages and groping!

In a statement to The Times on Thursday afternoon, Mr. Weinstein said: ??I appreciate the way I??ve behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it. Though I??m trying to do better, I know I have a long way to go.?
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Producer of Oscar winning Shakespeare in Love, also affiliated with Gangs of New York, LOTR:The Fellowship of the Ring, and pretty much all of the Quentin Tarantino movies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/u...legations.html

"An investigation by The New York Times found previously undisclosed allegations against Mr. Weinstein stretching over nearly three decades, documented through interviews with current and former employees and film industry workers, as well as legal records, emails and internal documents from the businesses he has run, Miramax and the Weinstein Company.

During that time, after being confronted with allegations including sexual harassment and unwanted physical contact, Mr. Weinstein has reached at least eight settlements with women, according to two company officials speaking on the condition of anonymity. Among the recipients, The Times found, were a young assistant in New York in 1990, an actress in 1997, an assistant in London in 1998, an Italian model in 2015 and Ms. O’Connor shortly after, according to records and those familiar with the agreements."

His current lawyer is Lisa Bloom, daughter of Gloria Allred, (and owner of the Perelson Mansion) I bet her Mom is pissed.

Take heart ladies, Harvey is sowwy about the requests for nude massages and groping!

In a statement to The Times on Thursday afternoon, Mr. Weinstein said: “I appreciate the way I’ve behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it. Though I’m trying to do better, I know I have a long way to go.”
    Seems Lisa has withdrawn her services. I think at first he though he was okay but more and more keep coming out with stories, many with proof so he hasn't really got a chance.

Bayou Queen Guest
    Really, whose shocked? I wonder how many Oscar winning performances started on the Casting Couch? Lol Joan Rivers would have had so much fun with this. And as unattractive as Weinstein is, I am sure there were many of young starlets that would be more than willing to do anything to further their careers.

NOVSTORM Guest
    I agree all these women never did anything??? Now is it a parade of them..how many years ago did this happen most of the so called victims did as he asked so they could become movie stars..that is not rape she consented to do this crap. They were NOT little kids. Was it right hell NO but they did it and now waited years and now they cost him his business and blah blah. They should have stepped up when it happened but they wanted to be a star and why blame BEN for cripes sakes now someone say Ben touched someone..

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I agree all these women never did anything??? Now is it a parade of them..how many years ago did this happen most of the so called victims did as he asked so they could become movie stars..that is not rape she consented to do this crap. They were NOT little kids. Was it right hell NO but they did it and now waited years and now they cost him his business and blah blah. They should have stepped up when it happened but they wanted to be a star and why blame BEN for cripes sakes now someone say Ben touched someone..
    Reached around and grabbed her breast. It's on video. Unacceptable.

The reason many women do not come forward is because of the attitude of "They agreed to it". I will simply say that I do not believe it is anywhere near that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    Reached around and grabbed her breast. It's on video. Unacceptable.

The reason many women do not come forward is because of the attitude of "They agreed to it". I will simply say that I do not believe it is anywhere near that simple.
    This. And he is a powerhouse in Hollywood. I'm sure those women were afraid he would ruin their careers if they spoke up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    This. And he is a powerhouse in Hollywood. I'm sure those women were afraid he would ruin their careers if they spoke up.
    Cindy nailed it, do you all realize how powerful this man was in Hollywood? They all were intimidated and were worried they wouldn't be believed....Strength in numbers! This man is a predator and deserves everything coming to him....

I have a feeling this will go beyond Harvey. You have to wonder how many men AND women, in power jobs, have sexually harassed other men and women. This is Hollywood, where anything goes. It's a game that can be played both ways. Nasty dirty business.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 10-11-2017 at 04:25 PM.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

It was just locker room antics - y'all lighten up and don't be so hard on the guy.
    So since he's been sacked from his business; maybe he can hire on in Washington or consider a run for President - he seems to have all of the currently necessary qualifications.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

WonderWomanFan Guest
    He's a vile pig like Trump. Everyone this is ImADeathHag. I haven't been here in years that I forgot my info. WWF is my new name.

This is like Bill Cosby, if most people in America didn't know who the fuck Bill Cosby was.

I have to admit: I find it funny that the ONLY reason people are coming after Ben Affleck now is because he decided to chime in. Next time keep your mouth shut, asshole!
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

12. 10-11-2017, 06:58 PM
    Reason
    mistake

Quote Originally Posted by WonderWomanFan View Post
    He's a vile pig like Trump. Everyone this is ImADeathHag. I haven't been here in years that I forgot my info. WWF is my new name.
    This is no different than Bill Clinton either (it was one part of the reason I did not vote for Clinton or Trump). I've read where this is making the studio reconsider Ben Affleck as Batman in the J.L. movies. (which is fine with me as I thought he was a lousy Batman to start with).

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    This is no different than Bill Clinton either (it was one part of the reason I did not vote for Clinton or Trump). I've read where this is making the studio reconsider Ben Affleck as Batman in the J.L. movies. (which is fine with me as I thought he was a lousy Batman to start with).
    It's no different than Trump, either, but his fanatics don't care. I read a post on FB that said, in effect "If you voted for Trump you don't get to dice Weinstein."
    Last edited by cindyt; 10-12-2017 at 10:45 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Weinstein's....ahhh.....proclivities have been an open secret in Hollywood for years but everyone winked & looked the other way. He also forced actresses to wear gowns designed by his wife to gala parties and Oscar awards to put money in her pocket and promote her line of clothing. Now she's suing for divorce since under California community property laws she will get half his fortune. Once it becomes hers it will be shielded from attachment by anyone seeking damages against Harvey's past behavior. So much sleaze when you peek behind the curtain of all that make-believe.

Harvey's the tip of the iceberg. He might as well start naming others who have gotten, or are getting away with this. Expose the pedophiles in the business, of which I'm sure there are many.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

This has went on for years. Remember Alfred Hitchcock and Tippi Hedron ?

Rose McGowan is now saying Weinstein raped her in 1997. She had been paid $100,000 as part of a nondisclosure agreement, but I guess she is out of fucks to give.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cel...cid=spartanntp
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I do hope this is the first Big Domino in a row of those smug bastards. Hollyweird has needed a good flush for decades.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I do hope this is the first Big Domino in a row of those smug bastards. Hollyweird has needed a good flush for decades.
    Absolutely. This depravity has been going on since the days of Jack Warner, Harry Cohn, Zanuck and Mayer. Carroll Baker has a line in the 1965 film Harlow, " If little Jean doesn't come across, she's not going to on the screen". Even in '65 they were alluding to what was going on in the 1930's ! Decades of this abuse of power.

Perhaps the Domino theory is true. This was a long time ago, but, I hope it emboldens more Women, and Men, to step forward and tell the truth.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cele...cid=spartanntp

Hollywood is getting a little too sanctimonious about this all of a sudden ! Dropping Weinstein from the Academy, what's your excuse for keeping Polanski, Cosby and Mel Gibson ? Two rapists and a racist. If your going to clean house get out the big Hoover, everybody knows there is nothing like a Hoover when your dealing with dirt. (that last bit is from a Lily Tomlin routine) LOL.

Tired of hearing about this walking crap and those who knew about it and tolerated it for years & did absolutely nothing!
    If all of this is true-That makes them as scummy. JMO
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 10-14-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Im enjoying the poetic justice of a predator picking on the "wrong" victim and getting his ass kicked
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

total pig. and hello again ImA!

This is EXACTLY why Hollywood stars (and budding stars) DON'T tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I have a feeling this will go beyond Harvey. You have to wonder how many men AND women, in power jobs, have sexually harassed other men and women. This is Hollywood, where anything goes. It's a game that can be played both ways. Nasty dirty business.
    I remember watching an interview with Corey Feldman not too long ago and he was saying that while he had been assaulted back in the eighties, it had been far worse for his buddy Corey Haim.

Exactly. He IS. Any man who sexually assaults women is a pig. And welcome back!

It's no different than Trump, either, but his fanatics don't care. I read a post on FB that said, in effect "If you voted for Trump you don't get to dice Weinstein."
    AGREED. The Cheeto-in-Chief is probably clapping and patting Weinstein on the back.

Harvey's the tip of the iceberg. He might as well start naming others who have gotten, or are getting away with this. Expose the pedophiles in the business, of which I'm sure there are many.
    THIS is what needs to happen. Name names. Get ALL those fuckers outta there.

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Rose McGowan is now saying Weinstein raped her in 1997. She had been paid $100,000 as part of a nondisclosure agreement, but I guess she is out of fucks to give.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cel...cid=spartanntp
    I'm sure she's probably not. He paid her to shut up.

And then there's Mayim Bialik. This is her take on the whole situation:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/1....co/yhl0UYBSIj

That whole article pissed me the fuck off and I originally posted it in the vent thread and vented about it, not realizing Weinstein had his own thread.

I used to consider myself a fan of hers, loved her in Beaches and Blossom (don't really watch The Big Bang Theory). Now I'm not so sure. The article says, in a nutshell, that if you are ugly or dress modestly you won't be sexually assaulted. That's just SO wrong on SO many levels. I'm sure not every woman TRUMP has grabbed has been pretty or dressed immodestly. NO.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

This was a pretty stand up thing for KS to do. https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...cid=spartandhp

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    This was a pretty stand up thing for KS to do. https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...cid=spartandhp
    Hmm, maybe. I think it's also a way for him, and others to assuage their own guilt for not speaking up sooner. When it comes to power and money in that biz a lot of these people would throw you under the bus to stay on top. Turning a blind eye to the dark side of the business , rape, sexual assault, makes them a pretty shallow group IMO. Not people I would trust.

I read the article.. wrong on so many levels ! Anyone can be assaulted, regardless of what they look like or are wearing. What pissed me off is she spoke from just a Hollywood perspective only. I would invite her to come out into the real world, a place that many of these people have never been !
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 10-17-2017 at 07:40 PM.

30. 10-17-2017, 07:31 PM

pratt-bede Guest
    I read the article.. wrong on so many levels ! Anyone can be assaulted, regardless of what they look like or are wearing. What pissed me off is she spoke from just a Hollywood perspective only. I would invite her to come out into the real world, a place that many of these people have never been !
    so true. it's always hard for women to speak up about harassments of all sorts, so better late than never

The Mayim Bialik article did not make me upset. At least it was sympathetic and thoughtful from her perspective.

Now, THIS one might bother some...

http://www.ctpost.com/opinion/articl...r-12297555.php

I'm not one to join in these sorts of movements. But my FB feed swarmed for several days with negative experiences of many women I am acquainted with personally, and IMO a complaint of harassment stopping short of a physical attack is still abuse if it hinders the recipient from his or her goals and/or livelihood and/or just peace of mind, though in most cases it would not be considered criminal or even eligible for civil action. Further, escalating obnoxiousness can indeed degenerate into threats and end up in a physical assault.

So if venting is the most one can do, then vent away. I haven't noticed that the admitted rape victims themselves have been complaining about those whose bad experiences were mostly verbal. They all still felt threatened. They all still felt they were being punished for intruding on some mythical (mainly hetero) male territory. They all still felt guilty for a long time over what they "might" have done to "deserve" such treatment. There's a common thread there, even with males who have been sexually harassed and/or attacked. They all came up against bullies and predators, and no amount of wit, pleading, or fighting saved them at those moments.

The points I will grant Ms. Flowers are that yes, we DO need to treat men abused by women more seriously, and yes, there is a discrepancy between how our society views a female teacher having sex with a minor boy vs. a male teacher similarly behaving with a minor girl. Or any other authority figure taking advantage of someone in their charge-- even if the other party is a "consenting" adult, there is still an element of intimidation, it undermines discipline and objective treatment, and can cause emotional and other consequences.

But it all goes back to the same thing, a mostly male dominance and attitude of entitlement, aligned with vicarious support (mainly from those who "wouldn't dare") and "blaming the victim" (after all, how many times have you read envious comments about young boys having sex with "hot teachers"?) And the statistics still bear out that these acts (and these are just those that have been reported) are more often male against female or against males perceived as weaker. Sure, the attitudes of other women toward other women who have been attacked can be negative and influential, but it is still men who hold most of the wealth and power, including political and religious, over others.
    Last edited by Linnie; 10-24-2017 at 07:30 PM.

David Letterman was awarded the Kennedy Center Mark Twain prize, the ceremony will be broadcast tonight.

They decided to cut out most of Al Franken's appearance.

I guess you can't have a sexual harasser appearing on a show honoring someone who only slept with multiple employees.

Got to keep up appearances!
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    David Letterman was awarded the Kennedy Center Mark Twain prize, the ceremony will be broadcast tonight.

They decided to cut out most of Al Franken's appearance.

I guess you can't have a sexual harasser appearing on a show honoring someone who only slept with multiple employees.

Got to keep up appearances!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...cid=spartanntp

Another Harvey dirtbag victim. She is a good actress. I wondered why she had disappeared.

It takes a village while Harvey might be a dirtbag you gotta wonder who was going out to get these actresses and herding them up to his room?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    It takes a village while Harvey might be a dirtbag you gotta wonder who was going out to get these actresses and herding them up to his room?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Despicable-me-minions.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	230.4 KB 
ID:	54606  

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    That could be anyone, or everyone ! Agents, Press Agents, Publicity Agents, Studio Executives. Yeah, pretty much everyone. Dirtbag(s)

True, he is a vile pig like Trump.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    True, he is a vile pig like Trump.
    Bill Clinton also comes to mind, the time he bit Juanita Brodderick's lip to stop her from struggling while he raped her, then said as he was leaving the hotel room "Better put some ice on that". Worthless white trailer trash pig.

This is my favorite picture that's been sprouting up around L.A. and Hollywood

Ol Meryl trying to organize everyone to wear all black for this award season and I ask what is the point? You are still accepting an award from the establishment that for decades have supported sexual misconduct and pedophilia. How about you organize and not show up? That would be the ultimate message.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DReebYUVQAASDB3.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	54635  
    Last edited by TheDude; 01-05-2018 at 05:05 AM.

Meryl, hypocrisy be thy name. I won't be watching any of these awards this year. I can't stand her anymore, she has known what has gone on in Hollywood her entire career ! Go fuck yourself.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 01-05-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Meryl, hypocrisy be they name. I won't be watching any of these awards this year. I can't stand her anymore, she has known what has gone on in Hollywood her entire career ! Go fuck yourself.
    I so agree.(with all you said)

Thank you. The self-righteousness, and smug attitudes of her, and a few others (who also knew) is sickening.

Just watched the documentary “Untouchable” on Hulu. Anyone else? (Mods, sorry if there’s an “Untouchable” thread already - please move this if necessary.)

To me, the most insidious part is towards the beginning, Hope D’Amore’s segment (he raped her in 1978). Not only is it as fresh and debilitating to this lovely woman today as it was over forty(!) years ago, but he “started” much earlier than I’d thought. Seems to reveal very early intent of gaining power. “What’s 5 minutes of your time with me? You’ll never have to see me again” spotlights his very limited understanding of human beings, as he uses his well-planned position to manipulate. Unless he does in fact completely understand. Saying those words demonstrates he might possibly think like a 12-year-old who needs intensive therapy on what qualifies as human dignity, relationships with women, criminal acts...

The second worst part is the legally-blind woman who refused to show him her breasts, and he “showed” her the door, down an unlit stairwell from his office suite on the 4th floor. She had to figure out how to get down safely by herself, emerging to a man who appeared to be a maintenance employee who then asked her, “Did you just come down from the 4th floor?”

The third worst (sorry, I’d selected two items but I keep recalling more) is the actress-hopeful (who did not “get the parts” or become famous to my knowledge - girl from Quebec), arriving at his office and being let in by a receptionist/woman who looked incredibly concerned and frazzled, and who left immediately(?!). The hopeful was told by Weinstein and she went, verbally protesting, to follow him into his bathroom. Weinstein was wearing only a shirt, telling her to stand facing the mirror while he stood behind her, one hand on her shoulder and the other occupied with himself. She turned and noticed the heavy-duty toilet seat was broken into three pieces and there was blood all over. She got out of there, thankfully. No career, per se, but no rape or worse, just your garden-variety nonconsensual sexual act.

The fourth worst part is...has he been out on bond since last year, “hiding” (in some mansion) and awaiting his trial at which he intends to plead “not guilty” to all charges because all the acts were consensual?
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Found guilty of two counts criminal sexual act in
    the first degree and rape in the third degree.

From Miramax to Supermax.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Found guilty of two counts criminal sexual act in
    the first degree and rape in the third degree.

From Miramax to Supermax.
    Good.

Keep piling on this jagoff. I want to see his butt in jail for the rest of his life. NO mercy pardons. Let him suffer in confinement. Like his Victims had to internally.

I watched the documentary Untouchable. I think what bothers and angers me most is how many people in Hollywood, ranging from directors, producers and other actors remained complicit in light of it. I'm sure they were fully aware of what happened many of these women but chose to remain silent as not to jeopardize their own careers. Just wrong.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 03-04-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Tests positive for COVID-19 in prison. No conspiracy theories yet. I'm sure there will be.

Thread title changed because the verdict is in, and karma's a bitch, dude.

Tests positive for COVID-19 in prison. No conspiracy theories yet. I'm sure there will be.
    I so hope he and Bill Cosby will die of COVID-19 in prison.(or another painful death)