Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1205

Thread: British Royal Family

I have not watched the interview. I do think Hewitt is Harry's father. What a mess.

It remains to be seen if the public will want William and Kate any more than they want Charles and Camilla .The upkeep of their vast homes and deference to them seems so draconian in the harsh light of day (to me ).I just hope Megan stays true to Harry and vice versa .

It also remains to be seen if the U.S. public will embrace Harry and Meghan once the novelty of their claims of being two victims freed from "The Firm" wears off. The celebrities now championing H & M should also express their opinion about H's judgment in dressing up as a Nazi. Will their silence imply selective outrage by celebrities over man's inhumanity to his fellow man? Had he dressed up as a Klansman would they be more outraged than his actual choice of a Nazi uniform? The murderers of millions of Jews, gypsies et al so-called "undesirables". M's friends can continue to use social media and lambast her father all they want. However, her dad never played naked pool or dressed up as a Nazi.

She's calling the shots in this marriage. He's on a leash. Doubtless H & M have their staff signing nondisclosure agreements. It'd be interesting to see how they work with others (who have experience) who run the charities (if any) they intend to sponsor. Have a hissy-fit. Get your undies all twisted up in knots every time you get frustrated or you don't want to bother to learn the details of what's going on. See how well that works, and for how long. We'll probably never have any idea what a Reign of Terror it could be to work for Meghan on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    I have not watched the interview. I do think Hewitt is Harry's father. What a mess.
    So true, Harry is like a mini-me of James Hewitt.
    Unlike the Winders men they are not early bald.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

It is getting tiresome listening to wealthy privileged celebrities whine and complain about how hard done they are by life. Oh, the suffering ! These people do not live in the real world, with that kind of money at my fingertips neither would I ! LOL.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    One day he will wake up and realize what her agenda has been all along. It's obvious she calls the shots and he is either to besotted or stupid to think for himself. If you have ever seen The Windsors he is portrayed as a dimwitted airhead, who can't read or write. Its hilarious. She would still be a B list actor on TV if it had not been for him, if she is going to spill the tea she might be careful she not spill it on herself, she might get scalded. Pulling the race and victim cards gives her leverage, but for how long.
    It's funny you speak about tea spilling as one of the complaints from the staff she bullied was she threw a cup of hot tea across them while in Australia yet according to her stans, this is normal and people are just looking for issues to call her out on.

It is getting tiresome listening to wealthy privileged celebrities whine and complain about how hard done they are by life. Oh, the suffering ! These people do not live in the real world, with that kind of money at my fingertips neither would I ! LOL.
    This interview is gonna be the beginning of the tide turning on them. It was nothing but moan, moan, moan, he did this to me, she did that to me.....do I think some people had issues with her because of her skin colour....yes but to claim every single person who doesn't worship at her feet is racist gets on my nerves. My nana had a saying 'If you continually smell of bull shit then it's time to take a sniff'. She has fell out with her blood family but according to her she did nothing to cause it and it was all them. She fell out with numerous friends and once again the finger was pointed elsewhere......now we are where we are and suprise surprise, it was all the royals and she was an innocent little flower locked up in the tower (even though around the time she claimed this happened, she was pictured several times going back and forward to the US as well as other countries) At what point is she gonna take a look in the mirror?

As for Harry, I honestly don't get why so many feel sorry for him with all this 'he always wanted to leave' nonsense. He had years to do it but he wouldn't because he knew being the spare, he had the freedom to what he wanted unlike William and get away with it. A perfect example was of him dressing up as a nazi and from what was said at the time, there were worse things he was caught doing that his dad or someone else managed to keep hidden and for anyone who doubts this, this is the guy who infront of a camera smiled while saying something racist to a fellow soldier then turned and saying something just as bad to another like it was an everyday thing which it could well be as a UK comic has also spoke out and said that he turned to him once and said 'you don't sound black.'

I don't think Hewitt is H's father .There are many red heads amongst the Royals and photos of Charles and Phillip both look like clones of Harry ,when they were younger .

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    I don't think Hewitt is H's father .There are many red heads amongst the Royals and photos of Charles and Phillip both look like clones of Harry ,when they were younger .
    ITA. I was taken aback just this morning when the trailer for that new royal streaming site came on fb. It was a shot of Phillip back when the kids were young. It was like looking into the face of Harry.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Imagine Poor William's frustration with his brother. H provided grief years ago dressing up as a Nazi and publicly making racist remarks. Now H is now providing more grief by self-righteously accusing his relatives of racism.

Why is the media suddenly so silent over Harry's racist behavior ? He threw his family under the bus to placate his wife and to deflect attention from his own deplorable behavior. God forbid anyone dare to critique the great and powerful Oprah on her lack of objective journalism. She could've asked the following:

Oprah: Harry, you yourself have made racist remarks over the years. There were many witnesses to one incident, and at least one other incident is available on video. What do you have to say about these horribly racist actions and words of yours?
    Harry: Well, quite simply, Oprah - by the way, you sometimes sound like you're black - I was single then. I'm married now. If I don't follow my wife's orders, she'll refuse to have sex with me."

a UK comic has also spoke out and said that he turned to him once and said 'you don't sound black.'
    Article from 2009 about the incident: https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/...p-6810727.html

this is the guy who in front of a camera smiled while saying something racist to a fellow soldier then turned and saying something just as bad to another like it was an everyday thing
    Article from 2009 about the incident: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/...e-harry-racism

Meghan's the new Rasputin, Harry is the new Tsarina Alexandra. The Tsarina totally believed his bullshit when he inserted himself into Russian politics. Any Russian, regardless of rank/title/etc. who dared to speak out against Rasputin fell into his trap and was immediately added to Alexandra's shit-list. Based on her surviving correspondence, the Tsarina had a long shit-list and it was carved deep in granite, to last for millenia.

Eventually some H & M employee will quit in disgust and reveal all to the media, in spite of the nondisclosure agreement they signed. Chaplin was a talented genius but a pain in the ass to try and work for. One secretary quit in disgust, sued him for unpaid wages. She had outside vendors, contractors et al Chaplin had hired to work on his mansion testify as to his bullying and psychotic behavior. Chaplin had his other employees testify what a wonderful person he was, etc. That gave the public the impression the employees were coerced into making such statements if they wanted to keep their jobs. The secretary won the lawsuit.

Just because someone is rich doesn't mean they don't have problems or happiness, I walked away from having money, Yes I was dating someone very rich, living with them and engaged to them, when I mean rich I mean very very rich, he controlled the money and I was treated like his servant, I didn't care about the money what I wanted was him to care for me and love me and treat me how a woman should be treated with respect and not a punching bag, I was not happy and there were a lot of problems, I endured horrible things said about me and to me coming from his family, I endured abuse at his hands, I could have stayed and lived in the lap of luxury, but I valued my life more, so no money doesn't make the world go around and it can't bring happiness. I am very happy now, with my current husband and we are by far from being rich, we are comfortable upper middle class, but not wealthy. You, your actions and how much you love yourself is the only thing that can bring happiness to your life. I can bet you it's not all roses and bliss living with the Royal family, Meaning Queen Elizabeth, I have a feeling she rules with an iron fist and if they don't jump when she tells them to I bet there is hell to pay, I mean look at Diana and what happened with her and with Sarah aka Ferggie. Yes Harry did some dumb things as a young man and he has grown from that and became someone better, he has given to many charities, started the Invictus Games as well as supporting all of this

https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/prince-harry
    I say that is a hell of a lot more than most people with that kind of wealth are doing, not to mention hands on work he has done in other countries such as building homes and helping put in clean water systems.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 03-11-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Very true, and well said. I just don't care for these two in particular.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I can't count the number of documentaries I've seen about the Royals in my lifetime. Mainly because I'm interested in history an sociology. In the docs since Diana's death, both William and Harry have spoken repeatedly about the trauma of being required to walk in their mother's royal funeral procession when they were too young to handle it. William said he so wanted to grieve in private that he purposely flipped his bangs down over his eyes as a way of creating some privacy for himself. He also said faking stoicism wasn't possible because he was devastated and crying as he walked. Apparently, crying in public at funerals is a no-no for Royals. Harry's said he felt the same in the same documentaries. However, no one's required William to seek psychiatric help. My opinion's based on what I've absorbed about them since Diana died, not the latest fooie-palooie.

Speaking of the latest Royal scandal I don't see what all the fuss is about; although Harry wearing a Nazi outfit would naturally piss many people off. Harry and Meghan moved to this continent, shared why before doing so, the press had its usual feeding frenzy because it's what most of them do, and so-and-so said this, while so-and-so said that. Big deal. It's no different than the way the Royals and the press have exchanged barbs when Princess Anne was alive. She was painted as party girl because the public used to get worked up about divorces in general. A loose woman, etc. Prince Edward's abdication and marriage to divorce', Wallis Simpson, was a big ol' scandal, yet this Harry and Meghan falderal is treated as gasp-worthy. The only thought I've given it beyond the quick and superfluous is it's yet another example of the media throwing out the chum and eating it before regurgitating it endlessly for our eyes and ears.

Royal weddings because they're unique and historic? Yes.

This crap? N.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    So true, Harry is like a mini-me of James Hewitt.
    Unlike the Winders men they are not early bald.
    Maybe I'm overthinking this too much but the reason I think he is Charles' son is there have been many times over the years this coming out would have taking the heat off when he was being called out over something. If the public were talking about it, there is no way the family didn't do some checking of their own and found out one way or another. I doubt Charles himself, the Queen or Phillip would because all of them has shown many times they do love the boys even though they have weird ways of showing it.

Others however...if he really was Hewitt's, at least one person must have thought leaking it could only help them, more so after Diana died and people turned her into a saint. The way I see it, admitting they all knew Harry wasn't his biological son but still raising him as if he was could only put points into the plus column.

Add to that while he does look like Hewitt, as others have said there are pictures circulting of both Phillip & Charles when they were younger where you can see Harry in them.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    Maybe I'm overthinking this too much but the reason I think he is Charles' son is there have been many times over the years this coming out would have taking the heat off when he was being called out over something. If the public were talking about it, there is no way the family didn't do some checking of their own and found out one way or another. I doubt Charles himself, the Queen or Phillip would because all of them has shown many times they do love the boys even though they have weird ways of showing it.

Others however...if he really was Hewitt's, at least one person must have thought leaking it could only help them, more so after Diana died and people turned her into a saint. The way I see it, admitting they all knew Harry wasn't his biological son but still raising him as if he was could only put points into the plus column.

Add to that while he does look like Hewitt, as others have said there are pictures circulting of both Phillip & Charles when they were younger where you can see Harry in them.
    Exactly. He was third in line to the throne before George and the other two arrived, wasn't he? Yeah, they would have done some checking.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

William's children are in line to the throne after him, George, Charlotte and Louis. Harry is sixth, his son is seventh.

William's children are in line to the throne after him, George, Charlotte and Louis. Harry is sixth, his son is seventh.
    I meant George. But before he came along, Harry was third. They would have checked him out.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That's right. If Wills and Kate have more children, Harry and the rest get bumped down. I would not want the responsibility anyway.

That's right. If Wills and Kate have more children, Harry and the rest get bumped down. I would not want the responsibility anyway.
    Me neither. I wouldn't want to live my life in a fishbowl.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

So true, I so agree.

Even before William had the kids there was no chance of Harry ever sitting on the throne and he knew it. The Queen has gone longer than anyone thought and even though many wanted Charles to abdicate for William, he has waited too long for that to happen. He won't have long as he is in his 70s now...I'd say 20-25 years if that then it goes to William so the only real chance he had is if something happened to Charles and William.

If I had to pick whose live I would want it would be Harry as he had the best of both worlds. He had the perks of being a royal...travelling, getting to meet people. more or less do what he wants without the rules that William has to live by because he is in line to take the throne.

I would not pick ANY of their lives. LOL. Both Harry and his wife have got to know they are ultimately going to be praised/trashed by the media for the rest of their lives.

Posted by a friend of mine on another site:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	159765877_10158014094463715_1258710011318123319_n.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	55144

I get her point; however, they're public figures. She'll always be my friend, but how I react to public figures and how I react to my friends and family are always going to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Posted by a friend of mine on another site:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	159765877_10158014094463715_1258710011318123319_n.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	55144

I get her point; however, they're public figures. She'll always be my friend, but how I react to public figures and how I react to my friends and family are always going to be different.
    Been there, and no I wouldn't.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The Daily Mail here in the UK has revealed quite a bit of the interview was fabricated. Consequently, a lot of people are callling on CNN to do an investigation as well as wanting Oprah to state whether she knew they were stretching things all along as it has also put her in a bad light as she left every claim untested.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ent-truth.html

Mansfield I just saw your post, thank you and that is fine that you don't care for them
    As far as the interview ShellC, there is always an he said she said, they said or did thing, I believe Harry and Megan, again seeing what Diana went through and hearing what Sarah went through, I wouldn't doubt any of what they said. You have to remember Harry did something totally not expected by marrying an American actress, who is mixed race and didn't grow up in a prominent family with breeding and blue blood, like Diana did, or Sarah or any of the other royals or those in the family.

Well, the Archbishop of Canterberry and the licening place denying the first marriage too place casts doubt in my head. I'm just going with "Who knows whether they are lying? I don't know them."
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Mansfield I just saw your post, thank you and that is fine that you don't care for them
    As far as the interview ShellC, there is always an he said she said, they said or did thing, I believe Harry and Megan, again seeing what Diana went through and hearing what Sarah went through, I wouldn't doubt any of what they said. You have to remember Harry did something totally not expected by marrying an American actress, who is mixed race and didn't grow up in a prominent family with breeding and blue blood, like Diana did, or Sarah or any of the other royals or those in the family.
    I get what your saying but a part of me believes if they can lie about some things then they can easily have lied about others.

I get what your saying but a part of me believes if they can lie about some things then they can easily have lied about others.
    How reliable is the Daily Mail? I am not really familiar with what kind of newspaper, tabloid it is, most of time I take things with a grain of salt when it comes to the publications such as Enquirer, Examiner, Sun, and how do we know what is true and not true when we don't live in the Royal Household and neither does the newspapers. Whatever happened I hope it now allows them to heal, or whatever and keep doing the good works they are doing already.

How reliable is the Daily Mail? I am not really familiar with what kind of newspaper, tabloid it is, most of time I take things with a grain of salt when it comes to the publications such as Enquirer, Examiner, Sun, and how do we know what is true and not true when we don't live in the Royal Household and neither does the newspapers. Whatever happened I hope it now allows them to heal, or whatever and keep doing the good works they are doing already.
    Daily Mail credibility? On a 10 scale, somewhere between 0 and 1 much of the time.

Scroll down. https://www.quora.com/How-credible-is-the-Daily-Mail
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

As Cindy says. it's not 100% reliable but there are times they have come up with the goods. Are they right this time...all I know is they provide where they got the information from so people can check things up themselves.

As Cindy says. it's not 100% reliable but there are times they have come up with the goods. Are they right this time...all I know is they provide where they got the informatiom from so people can check things up themselves.
    They do provide sources. So who knows?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

You are welcome pk.

shellc , I am inclined to think that also. But, why lie or embellish things, the truth always comes out. The DM has always been suspect, but they do get some things accurate. This one? We will see.

Fun fact: The patio set they are using came from Christopher Knight Home. Peter from The Brady Bunch ! Retailing at $550 a pair.

I heard a blurb on the radio about Knight building chairs, and the price being insane. As in $550 each now. Now I know why. Thanks Mansfield.

I was in his site, the prices are ridiculous ! I got my patio set at Target for $550 minus $500 ! LOL.

Dang are those chairs made out of gold? That's what I thought about the daily mail.

He was talking about them on Good Morning America after my post above. A show I see or have an interest in maybe twice a year. It was right after the anchor people were showing a clip of the royals interview. Then Knight popped up hawking his chairs. There are ones just like them at big box stores and furniture stores, and both were a lot cheaper.

Even if I were a billionaire, I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a patio chair unless it came with a deck and a patio arbor.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    He was talking about them on Good Morning America after my post above. A show I see or have an interest in maybe twice a year. It was right after the anchor people were showing a clip of the royals interview. Then Knight popped up hawking his chairs. There are ones just like them at big box stores and furniture stores, and both were a lot cheaper.

Even if I were a billionaire, I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a patio chair unless it came with a deck and a patio arbor.
    Me either. Not even if Brad PItt plopped his buns down on one.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The whole thing is beginning to reek of a Hollywood PR-type strategy by H & M. If H & M really wanted to work out family problems within the family, they themselves should refrain from feeding their version of the details to the media via their so-called friends. According to Gayle King, "the word I was given was that those conversations [with Charles and William] were not productive...".
    Let's put it this way: even a public figure should have a chance to privately resolve problems he/she has with their relatives, without said relatives feeding their version of the "latest updates" to the media.

I hear William is struggling about whether to tell his side of the story.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    The whole thing is beginning to reek of a Hollywood PR-type strategy by H & M. If H & M really wanted to work out family problems within the family, they themselves should refrain from feeding their version of the details to the media via their so-called friends. According to Gayle King, "the word I was given was that those conversations [with Charles and William] were not productive...".
    Let's put it this way: even a public figure should have a chance to privately resolve problems he/she has with their relatives, without said relatives feeding their version of the "latest updates" to the media.
    I really believe it's her that has orchestrated all of this, H is going along with it. I read he is starting to have his regrets, but he is in over his head now. M, being "Hollywood" would thrive on all the publicity, naturally. She was a small player in TV, hooking up with him gave her leverage , she is going to milk this and run with it. If they really wanted the privacy and quiet life they have been claiming then they should have kept their mouths shut. I think people are beginning to see what their game is.

So now Harry is publicly criticizing his father's (and paternal grandfather's) parenting skills, within weeks of the death of the latter. How classy. Never mind that his late mother didn't exactly grow up in a stable family either. Why not discuss these issues with a therapist, if not your father himself? No, it's much better to use the media.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ver-Diana.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    So now Harry is publicly criticizing his father's (and paternal grandfather's) parenting skills, within weeks of the death of the latter. How classy. Never mind that his late mother didn't exactly grow up in a stable family either. Why not discuss these issues with a therapist, if not your father himself? No, it's much better to use the media.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ver-Diana.html
    It stinks what Harry said about his Father, since Philip was an
    awful Dad to Charles.

I really believe it's her that has orchestrated all of this, H is going along with it. I read he is starting to have his regrets, but he is in over his head now. M, being "Hollywood" would thrive on all the publicity, naturally. She was a small player in TV, hooking up with him gave her leverage , she is going to milk this and run with it. If they really wanted the privacy and quiet life they have been claiming then they should have kept their mouths shut. I think people are beginning to see what their game is.
    Something I noticed seeing a clip on the show he did with Oprah was he said Meghan told him to go to therapy. Yet when they did THE interview, they said the royals refused Meghan's plea for help because it would look bad...if that was the case why say no to her but be okay with Harry doing it...he seems to be tripping up a lot and contradicting things he said earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    It stinks what Harry said about his Father, since Philip was an
    awful Dad to Charles.
    More so since there are many clips/interviews where he applauds both Phillip and Charles, saying they were always there for him, something many who were there have confirmed but now Harry seems to be changing his tune. All they are doing is digging their own graves. The palace seems to be refusing to dignify them with a response so like the children they are, they are gonna keep going on and on until they back themselves into a corner. Saying that though, they will still have fans. I saw a thing on Twitter after William & Harry released statements on the Diana/BBC situation and was shocked by the amount of people actually claiming William threw his mother under the bus while Harry was the only one who defended her.

I have seen many programs on the Royals and he speaks of them with great reverence and admiration. If he did not feel those things I give him credit for being a good actor. As for Diana she may have been innocent at the start, but she learned to play the game as well as anyone. She new how to manipulate the media to her liking. And being a clothes horse she used fashion as an extremely effective weapon to get front pages and coverage when the marriage went south.

I have seen many programs on the Royals and he speaks of them with great reverence and admiration. If he did not feel those things I give him credit for being a good actor. As for Diana she may have been innocent at the start, but she learned to play the game as well as anyone. She new how to manipulate the media to her liking. And being a clothes horse she used fashion as an extremely effective weapon to get front pages and coverage when the marriage went south.
    She knew exactly what she was doing. She might have been naive at the start but by the end, she used the media as much as they used her. It's common knowledge she was only with Dodi to piss people off and a day or so before she died, she was posing on his yacht knowing full well the paps were there ready to take pictures. In the end, she played Russian Roulette one time too often and she finally lost.

Of course she did. I wonder if Dodi knew he was being used to some extent, that aside I am sure he loved the publicity in being with the most famous woman in the world.

Of course she did. I wonder if Dodi knew he was being used to some extent, that aside I am sure he loved the publicity in being with the most famous woman in the world.
    And I guess he may have figured being used by her was worth it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm sure he did. His father owned Harrods, and the royals would have looked down on an outsider owning a British institution. Being with her he was giving them the finger.

I'm sure he did. His father owned Harrods, and the royals would have looked down on an outsider owning a British institution. Being with her he was giving them the finger.
    Do you think they had anything to do with her death?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

From stories going around at the time, it seemed like he was still seeing other women and the general consensus was they would have been done by the time the summer was over so I get the feeling it was a case of 'You scratch my back' where she got to piss off the royals and it gave him publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    His dad definitely did, specifically pointing the finger at Phillip but then again he was also adamant they were gonna get married at used it to get himself attention. You would like to think they wouldn't be that callous especially since Phillip at one point did treat her like a daughter and said he couldn't understand how Charles could pick Camilla over her but that seemed to change when stories started leaking and the finger was pointed at her. Then there was the stories that came out about him being the one helping the boys while Charles brought Diana home and telling Harry if he walked behind the coffin, he would go with him. I think even if he or one of the others did arrange it, it's unlikely it would ever come out if it hasn't already but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I think people would like to think that they did, everyone loves a conspiracy theory. I don't think they did. I would like to read The Murder Of Princess Diana which points to other others being involved all to do with the fact she was becoming too political with her causes. It was made into a Lifetime movie in 2007, I think I have it somewhere, if so that will be tonight's entertainment !