Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: NetFlix

I've been watching Criminal Minds. Hubs and I started out watching it together...but he works nights and I work days and well, while I work he was binge-watching. I'd come home and never know where we left off, so after he finished I started it all over again on my own. I'm toward the end of the first season....OMG is Shemar Moore easy on the eyes....he can call me "baby girl" any time he wants....
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Naturally.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching "Sandy Wexler"... I think I will go back to watching the Texas Rangers replay game, Adam Sandler apparently quit making half assed quality movies. Can't take another second of this Netflix drivel...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

I can't stand that 13 reasons why show the main character is too histrionic and has terrible situational awareness. She tries to ruin people's lives all because she was too careless and really what did she expect to happen when she got in a hot tub with her friends rapist alone? She really has nobody to blame but herself. Selfish cow didn't even leave her parents a note ffs.

If I were the guy that had a crush on her I'd listen to my tape then burn it then live my life to the fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I can't stand that 13 reasons why show the main character is too histrionic and has terrible situational awareness. She tries to ruin people's lives all because she was too careless and really what did she expect to happen when she got in a hot tub with her friends rapist alone? She really has nobody to blame but herself. Selfish cow didn't even leave her parents a note ffs.

If I were the guy that had a crush on her I'd listen to my tape then burn it then live my life to the fullest.
    Interesting perspective.

When somebody is raped, I generally blame the rapist. But hey, I'm anti-rape. Some people are pro-rape, and I totally respect that.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I got hooked on House of Cards not too long ago. Couldn't binge in one sitting, but went through 4 seasons in about 3 weeks. OMG - I love this show. When does season 5 start? It is so Shakespearean on so many levels, and I love that Frank Underwood is almost as evil as Iago in Othello. Robin Wright is great. Kevin Spacey as always. Such crazy twists and turns and unexpected happenings. Amazing how it started in, what, 2013, and has so much of 2017 in it!!! It's like The West Wing with a goatee (Star Trek reference obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Interesting perspective.

When somebody is raped, I generally blame the rapist. But hey, I'm anti-rape. Some people are pro-rape, and I totally respect that.
    My post isn't pro rape. The girl blames everyone for her suicide even if they had nothing to really do with it and even after watching her friend get raped by the Dude bro character she goes to his party and just walks into the hottub all alone with him. If you already know what he did to your friend why just put yourself in the rapist den? That's like being a gazelle and jumping right into the lions mouth when you already know he just ate your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    I got hooked on House of Cards not too long ago. Couldn't binge in one sitting, but went through 4 seasons in about 3 weeks. OMG - I love this show. When does season 5 start? It is so Shakespearean on so many levels, and I love that Frank Underwood is almost as evil as Iago in Othello. Robin Wright is great. Kevin Spacey as always. Such crazy twists and turns and unexpected happenings. Amazing how it started in, what, 2013, and has so much of 2017 in it!!! It's like The West Wing with a goatee (Star Trek reference obviously).
    Last edited by TheDude; 05-18-2017 at 03:50 PM.

[QUOTE=TheDude;1533920]My post isn't pro rape. The girl blames everyone for her suicide even if they had nothing to really do with it and even after watching her friend get raped by the Dude bro character she goes to his party and just walks into the hottub all alone with him. If you already know what he did to your friend why just put yourself in the rapist den? That's like being a gazelle and jumping right into the lions mouth when you already know he just ate your friends.

--------------

When Hannah got into the hot tub, they were not alone.

I love Criminal Minds, Oh yes he is fine and I have loved him since Diary of a Mad Black woman, and before that the Old Navy commercial he was in .

"Moana" hits Netflix June 20. "Trolls" is already up. Hubs says, "But you and Miss E OWN 'Moana'!" And I say, "If I don't have to download a DVD player for the lappy, AND I don't have to hunt FOR the DVD....that's a win in MY book."

"I just go here!"

navallint Guest
    Watched " Gerald's Game " on Netflix last night. I give it a 8. I enjoyed it, not as spooky as I thoght it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    Watched " Gerald's Game " on Netflix last night. I give it a 8. I enjoyed it, not as spooky as I thoght it would be.
    I thought it was a 7

Ozark is a good series. Jason Bateman and Laura Linney star as a couple forced to relocate to Missouri after his job laundering money for a drug cartel hits a snag.

The writing is taut, good performances all the way around.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Ozark is a good series. Jason Bateman and Laura Linney star as a couple forced to relocate to Missouri after his job laundering money for a drug cartel hits a snag.

The writing is taut, good performances all the way around.
    You're right. It is a good show. I am almost finished with this season. I also liked Stranger Things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, there goes House of Cards. Thanks, Spacey.
    Last edited by Upset; 11-04-2017 at 01:47 PM.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Anyone watch Mindhunter yet? It's right up a death hags alley

Not yet Dude, been telling myself I need to have a day and just veg out with some netflix, hot tea and some soup and a blanket, kick hubby out of the house for the day and just watch it.

18. 12-17-2017, 02:16 PM

I love the music in the trailer, it's a cover of Gordon Lightfoot's "If you could read my mind" which is pretty fitting considering it's a show about people studying serial killers.

Dude, I just watched the first episode last night, wow, they don't cut anything out or pan the camera away at all, will let you know what I think when I watch more, have to wait until tomorrow as hubby is watching it with me and I don't want to watch ahead, it's based on John Douglass' book Mindhunter, I recommend that book.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Dude, I just watched the first episode last night, wow, they don't cut anything out or pan the camera away at all, will let you know what I think when I watch more, have to wait until tomorrow as hubby is watching it with me and I don't want to watch ahead, it's based on John Douglass' book Mindhunter, I recommend that book.
    That's great that your hubby is watching it with you as opposed to having to kick him out for a day I love how it doesn't cut away which makes the viewer more aware of the crimes that they have committed.

The guy who pays Ed Kemper the Co-ed Killer should really get an award for his portrayal.

Yes he should. My room mate said he was more Ed Kemper than the real Ed Kemper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Yes he should. My room mate said he was more Ed Kemper than the real Ed Kemper.
    Hell yeah I agree.

Ozark filmed a scene in my hometown, Buford, a couple weeks ago. Now I've got to start watching to catch the epi when it airs.

I haven't seen the Ed Kemper part, so please no spoilers,

26. 12-19-2017, 06:24 PM

Cameron Britton, the actor who plays him I saw in some comedy a couple of years ago, very funny, a goofball. But, in this he gave me the shivers. Excellent !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

All I have to say is OMG on his portrayal of Ed Kemper, he does deserve an award, He actually studied and said lines almost word for word of Ed Kemper in his interviews, did you know Ed Kemper did a lot of books on tape from the early 70s to 80s, so if any of you listened to them, you would have had Ed Kemper reading to you, also they actually filmed at Quantico so the gun fire you hear inthe back ground are actual gun fire of agents target shooting, also the VW Bug the girlfriend drives in the first episode is the same type and model and color that Ted Bundy drove.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    All I have to say is OMG on his portrayal of Ed Kemper, he does deserve an award, He actually studied and said lines almost word for word of Ed Kemper in his interviews, did you know Ed Kemper did a lot of books on tape from the early 70s to 80s, so if any of you listened to them, you would have had Ed Kemper reading to you, also they actually filmed at Quantico so the gun fire you hear inthe back ground are actual gun fire of agents target shooting, also the VW Bug the girlfriend drives in the first episode is the same type and model and color that Ted Bundy drove.
    yeah definitely such a great show and I look forward to seeing who they get for season 2.

Watched the Will Smith movie, Bright. Don't believe the "worst movie of 2017 reviews" it's a solid fantasy cop movie.

Oscar winning, no. But I liked it, it reminded me of Alien Nation with James Caan and Mandy Patinkin.

Any reviewer that calls this the worst they've seen this year obviously missed The Mummy remake with Tom Cruise.
    I saw that as a Russian bootleg on youtube and still feel like I lost money on the deal.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Watched the Will Smith movie, Bright. Don't believe the "worst movie of 2017 reviews" it's a solid fantasy cop movie.

Oscar winning, no. But I liked it, it reminded me of Alien Nation with James Caan and Mandy Patinkin.

Any reviewer that calls this the worst they've seen this year obviously missed The Mummy remake with Tom Cruise.
    I saw that as a Russian bootleg on youtube and still feel like I lost money on the deal.
    I've been thinking about watching this. I'm glad you said that. Watching the trailer it also made me think of Alien Nation. I haven't seen that in years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bright isn't as bad as all the reviews are saying and I think possibly the sexual harassment controversy surrounding Max Landis has really influenced the reviews.

Anyone seen Stephen King's 1922? I watched the trailer and was like Uh. Nope. It was that spooky-gross.

Season 13 of Criminal Minds is projected for July 2018.

Season 14 of Grey's likely in June 2018.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

ohh No Cindy I haven't, I'll have to look up 1922

I'm now hooked on The Frankenstein Chronicles. Don't particularly care for Sean Bean, but I can live with it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

SPAM
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-26-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Anyone seen Stephen King's 1922? I watched the trailer and was like Uh. Nope. It was that spooky-gross.

Season 13 of Criminal Minds is projected for July 2018.

Season 14 of Grey's likely in June 2018.
    I've watched 1922, didn't think it was very good, also didn't know it was based on a Stephen King novel which makes it even more disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzyChick View Post
    I've watched 1922, didn't think it was very good, also didn't know it was based on a Stephen King novel which makes it even more disappointing.
    i haven't liked his work since Red Madder.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm watching "A Shot in the Dark." Its about the stringers that troll the streets of Los Angeles at night trying to capture accidents and crimes on camera and then sell them to the news stations. I don't like most of their personalities, but I have to admit they are necessary if people want to see what's going on. Everyone knows when it comes to the news, "If it bleeds, it leads." As a death hag, I'm there.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

That show and Mindhunter sound interesting. I will check them out.

I was just talking to a nurse in the hospital (I've been in the hospital more than half the days of this year so far, 6 admissions already) and I was watching a bunch of stuff on the Kennedy assassination. I thought it was interesting that a lot of those who were filming turned their cameras off when they heard the shots. These days it would be just the opposite.

Mindhunter is fantastic! Also, Rules Of Engagement is a very funny show, too bad it didn't get the audience it deserved. And, if you're a "Friends" fan, the series "Episodes" was very entertaining, Matt LeBlanc plays a very good satire of himself...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

I'm into Homer's Odyssey and tried to watch Troy: Fall of a city, but I didn't like the actors or the plot. It had this ugly chick killing Achilles. I was glad not to be able to hear said chick's dialogue. I understand she was mad, but, man, did she have to show all those teeth every time she spoke?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

UGH. They did it AGAIN. Reinstated my stupid Netflix yesterday. I'm not allowed to have it here and I keep cancelling only for them to reinstate it. I've logged every device out, changed my password so that NOBODY has it, and still they reinstated it. So I did it AGAIN. Made sure everything was logged out, changed the password AGAIN, and made a note to move ALL of my money into a sub-account next month. ALL of it. If there's no money in the main account, they can't charge me for it. And this time they charged me $16.09 for a $13.99 service???? I don't THINK SO. I haven't called them because quite frankly I don't have time to make phone calls during the week.

"I just go here!"

New Netflix movie I might check out, Safe.

After his daughter goes missing, a widowed surgeon in an affluent neighborhood begins unearthing dark secrets about the people.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

"The Rachel Divide," a documentary about Ms. Dolezal, is pretty good. Shows the way her screwed up childhood impacted her adult behavior. Fun fact: her book sold less than 600 copies.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Lost in Space is good. Remake of the original.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Lost in Space is good. Remake of the original.
    I almost watched it the other day. I used to love the old TV series.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Check out "Evil Genius," a documentary about the Brian Wells AKA Pizza Bomber case. Only 4 episodes.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

DeathBuzz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Check out "Evil Genius," a documentary about the Brian Wells AKA Pizza Bomber case. Only 4 episodes.
    I just watched this. I remember the case well. The documentary was pretty well done, but not better than "Wild Wild County."

Check out the Amanda Knox doc. It's worth a look!
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Loved Lost in Space. Might have a look-see at Evil Genius.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Loved Lost in Space. Might have a look-see at Evil Genius.
    I watched the first few episodes of Lost in Space, and kind of Lost in Terest. I may pick it up again at some point.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset