Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Once upon a time in Hollywood.

Not one of his best, could have been better. The ending was crazy I did love that.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I enjoyed it. I loved the ending, totally not what I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Yep. Bruce ended up have to go to Hong Kong to get started in the movies and finally received interest by American film makers for Enter the Dragon.
    True, Thank You for saying this.(had to look a lot of this up)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

It was kind of boring until the days leading up to the home invasion. Loved the ending.

I don't blame Shannon Lee Keasler for being unhappy with the way Mike Mo portrayed her dad. I suspect he watched a lot of Bruce Lee videos to get the right body language and speech nuance and exaggerated both. Not to mention the fact that no one, and I do mean nobody--according to Chuck Norris himself--could touch Bruce Lee. He would have sent Cliff Booth flying.
    In my opinion, the film was....it wasn't dreadful but at the same time it wasn't 'Oh my god this is his best ever work' kind of thing. Like you I loved the ending. We were forewarned it was a mindscrew and it lived up to that title. Without spoiling it, the best part for me was Cliff's reply to Tex's devil line.

As for Bruce, my dad is obsessed with the guy to the point it is embarrassing. It's very rare he will compliment someone playing him so I was surprised at the praise he had for Mike's portrayal until I watched the film myself and have to admit he embodied him perfectly. As for the way he was portrayed, Quentin supposedly got it from a book written a few years back even though IIRC, those who were still alive who had worked with Bruce defended him saying the guy in the book was a completely different man to the one that the author claimed he was.

Quentin was questioned about it a few times on the press tour but like when they pulled him up about giving Margot so little screen time, he threw his dummy out of the pram and made an excuse to the effect that because the book said it was true then it had to be, other people had said the same thing (which they hadn't) and it didn't matter anyway because this wasn't the real Bruce and just a version of him for the film.
    Last edited by Shellie; 12-14-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Yeah, I got the Bruce thing, but I still don't like the way he was portrayed. I think the reason may be because Bruce's body language doesn't look good on other people. (((((Shrugs)))))
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-14-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yeah, I got the Bruce thing, but I still don't like the way he was portrayed. I think the reason may be because Bruce's body language doesn't look good on other people. (((((Shrugs)))))
    I have to so agree with this.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-14-2019 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Corrected the spelling on my quote.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I loved it 10/10 That ending was so great, how badly I wanted it afterwards though.
    I was thinking the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    I was thinking the same.
    Me too.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	279829309_512715886929555_4251636536280677087_n.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	55507
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.