Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst ... 891011121959 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

Yeah, I read that too here but I never watch that so it couldn't be Unsolved Mysteries here.

Gardner32 Guest
    I took lava home from Hawaii, shit, that's what happened to my life!

sunshine2828 Guest
    My husbands uncle took some home with him while we were all on a trip there. We told him not to, but he did it anyway! We don't think it caused him any bad "mojo" though and he's not dead yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    JOHNNY BRAVO
    oh, um... l wasn't really expecting an answer to that. thanks, l think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ComputerGuy Guest
    So lets say you went to the beach visiting Hawaii. You got some sand in your shoes and you flew back with the sand.

Does tha mean you are MOJOed to the HOJOed?

Danny62 Guest
    Well, that answers alot of questions! I guess he never went to college??

onehunglow Guest

The lava

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
    So lets say you went to the beach visiting Hawaii. You got some sand in your shoes and you flew back with the sand.

Does tha mean you are MOJOed to the HOJOed?
    It's that black Lava. It has a dark side.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    [SIZE=3]I donâ??t know. I have a piece of Buddy Hollyâ??s plane and the gravel that was in the lot of the Surf before it was paved over that they all walked on. I got this back in 62 or 63. Nothing odd in any place I ever lived. Now, I am not the end of the story. In 1984 a friend brought me a piece of lava from Hawaii and said it was cursed if you took it. I laughed it off. A few weeks later my mother fell in the shower and expired. My Lincoln Town Car lost a water pump driving to the airport and when I got to Denver our old plane had about 6 guys fixing something and was delayed for 5 hours. I got back to Iowa and seen my 2nd grade teacher in a McDonalds and she talked to me and left. She walked 3 blocks and got hit by a car and killed. When I got back to NV I got demoted at work and sent back to nights. I wasnâ??t watching what I was doing and got into a high voltage power supply and knocked on my ass. I took that damn rock to toss it out and run into a lady that asked where I was going. I told her about my bad luck and she said stuff happens. I gave her the lava. The next week she found out she had lung cancer and 8 weeks to live. I came in to find that damn black shinny rock on my bench. I put it in a box and sent it back to Hawaii ATT: Postmaster. Needless to say, no return address. [/SIZE]
    well all I know is if I was a sacrificed virgin I'd haunt the shit out of that lava too!

hoxharding Guest
    I doubt it was haunted but a friend of mine sent me a autograph from a serial killer(a happy one at that)
    At first I was like "cool" After the first day, I thought about it and finally threw it away.
    A cursed or haunted something? I would stay as far away from that as possible.

JOHNNY BRAVO
    LOL

knothere Guest
    theres orbs in the pics of the latest entry on F A D
    The Death of Laurence Austen

seamuskaxen Guest
    I had an incident that really scared me last night. I was sitting here at computer lightening to music and surfing the net. When I suddenly feel something coming towards me, it was like a big orb and as it went past me the speakers they stopped working, but they started working again once the orb had past me and it went out the window. I´ve had incidents before of ghost trying to contact me, but nothing as scary as that.

knothere Guest
    i was watching scott on the dave navarro show
    scotts briks fron the sharon tate fireplace have residuale energy
    and there was a glow on the wall of his home

Want to see a Ghost..Any tips?

I just read the thread where everyone shared their ghost stories. I AM SOOOOOO jealous. I have always wanted to see a ghost, and never even got so much as an orb in a pic. I had a Ouija Board....not a quiver. I have been to haunted places, read books tried everything I could think of. I realise they are unplanned occurences, but dammit. Everyone seems to have a story but me. So..any advice?

Danny62 Guest
    Keep playing the Ouija board, ask for dead people and laugh and joke about it! I hear that works real well!!

Just be awful careful! And I am saying that on a serious note!!

attackatdawn Guest
    Ouija boards freak me out! I have heard if you do connect with a spirit on the board alot of the time it is a evil spirit pretending to be someone else. Had that experience on a Ouija board thought it was my late ex husband until it let me know it was something else I will not use one now. The only other time I have ever felt a presence has been in my 100 yr old house, never really seen a ghost but know they are around. Footsteps, whisperings, lights going on & off you get the idea. They don't come around too often.

Stay away from Ouija boards..PLEASE. You're giving permission for ANYTHING to come into your world. I've seen the results of what can happen. Don't believe me? Tell me that in person when you call my "crew" to help you get rid of whatever is "bothering" you! LOL.
    Want to see a ghost? You really can't make it happen...it just will when the universe thinks you're ready. I was 22 before I received my "gift"..I'm 37 now. Pray for an open "eye" and it will happen. You probably already did but, didn't know it at the time.
    Have faith and keep an open mind!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

endsleigh03 Guest
    I have a tip - Don't.
    May wake up an find it's living with you

Chascsq Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Stay away from Ouija boards..PLEASE. You're giving permission for ANYTHING to come into your world. I've seen the results of what can happen. Don't believe me? Tell me that in person when you call my "crew" to help you get rid of whatever is "bothering" you! LOL.
    Want to see a ghost? You really can't make it happen...it just will when the universe thinks you're ready. I was 22 before I received my "gift"..I'm 37 now. Pray for an open "eye" and it will happen. You probably already did but, didn't know it at the time.
    Have faith and keep an open mind!

Yep Ouija boards are just evil. I'm one of those that played with one once. Got the crud scared out of me. Let's just say I was ten, and me and my sister tried to contact Richie Valens, and got something that called itself Damien instead, and then the clear plastic in the middle cracked.

That's one thing all the psychics, and even the phonies like Sylvia Browne, and even the Popes, and religoius authorities actually all seem to agree on. Stay away from Ouija boards.

SistaSara Guest

tensecondstolove Guest
    Way cool. Thanks for sharing!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    These photos are freakin' scary, whether they're real or not...especially the "Tulip Staircase..." Creepy.

smooches27 Guest
    wow.....freaky....I got chills!!!!!!

Some I'd seen before and some not. Thanks!

sunshine2828 Guest
    Awesome pics! Great site...thanks!!

Danny62 Guest
    THe Borley Rectory is supposed to be on of the most haunted places in the world!!

Nice Thread, As usual!!

Jazbabee Guest
    Wow....all of the pics are amazing !

smellslikealmonds Guest
    That gave me goosebumps.

Great link! I've seen some of those ghost pictures over the years.

Also the story about the Toys R Us ghost has been around for a long time. I wished I could have gone out there when I lived in California!

knothere Guest
    yup pretty scary shit

shellileigh Guest
    Thanks, for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post
    This picture was taken in Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills last Sunday (10-21-07) I'm not sure what it is...except that it looks like Cookie Monster. What is the difference between an orb and a ghost?
    In my estimation; a ghost is a soul "sticking around"; and an Orb is a reflection on the camera lens.

I can't get excited about orbs; they are just so ordinary and explainable.

Keyser Soze Guest

Regional Hauntings and Legends

Growing up in New Mexico, we had La Llorona other times called "the weeping woman"

http://www.ourstrangeworld.net/?p=11356

I think La Llorona is every town that has hispanics and a body of water near them. When I was young they told me she was in the Merced river, Yosemite lake and even the irrigation canals that run through our valley. I was so scared of her.

RoRo Guest
    Here in Tennessee we have the Bell Witch
    http://www.bellwitch.org/

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I think La Llorona is every town that has hispanics and a body of water near them. When I was young they told me she was in the Merced river, Yosemite lake and even the irrigation canals that run through our valley. I was so scared of her.

LOL, that is so true. My dad even claims to have seen her in his teens. Oh my dad.

I grew up terrified of something called "El CuCuy" lol

Not that I've found so far here in Mountain View. However, it is rumored that Bill Gates did not steal the code for Windows from IBM. Don't tell.

Death Hag Chris Guest

Famous haunts in your town

I know that we have Death Hags from all over the globe here on this MB. so, I was wondering what are some famous haunts in your neck of the woods? I guess my all time FAVORITE here in the Chicago area is the old Bachelors Grove cemetery in Midlothian on the south side of Chicago. what a CREEPY place. i've been there a few times over the years. and it still gives me chills walking through the woods leading to the cemetery gates. it's supposed to be the most haunted cemetery in the world.

http://www.bachelorsgrove.com/

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Not that I've found so far here in Mountain View. However, it is rumored that Bill Gates did not steal the code for Windows from IBM. Don't tell.
    LOL

hlh004 Guest
    Heres some from the area im from

[SIZE=5]Arlington[/SIZE] - Arkansas Road-House - A big house on a hill where a boy murdered his family in the 90's. It's said that if you go into the house mysterious people run out, weird noises our heard like footsteps, doors slamming, windows breaking. - November 2003 Update: The house was built in the 40's. The whole area around it was a ranch, and that's where the family lived. The murders happened in the 60's or early 70's. There are two stories; the first being the family had a retarded son they kept in the cellar, but not abusively. He lived down there, had everything he need, bathroom, bed, television. There is a large walk in freezer down there too. Apparently he murdered his parents and kept the bodies in the freezer, and eventually died himself. The second story is that The kid that lived there wasn't retarded, and after his parents died of natural causes lived there. It's said he was a pedophile and a child murderer and would kill children and hide their bodies in the freezer. Right now it's zoned for commercial use, so companies keep buying the property with plans to level it and put a building there. About two or three weeks later, they'll sell it. Reports of a family who bought it and started to renovate it. New shingles, new windows, all the graphite on the outside is gone, but 3 weeks later, all work on the house stopped. Right now there is a fence around the property, and the road has been lowered, but you can still see it. - March 2007 Update: Burned down Summer 2006

[SIZE=5]Conroe[/SIZE] - Conroe High school - They even wrote a book about this one. So it was during volleyball try outs possibly in the sixties (the book has the facts)and a girl was hung in the stair well to the lighting room of the theatre stage. The black janitor was accused of murder while many believe she may have committed suicide. There is a long black stairwell and walk long planks to the lighting room in the theater. You can feel a definite cold spot in the are she died in. They say if you are in there alone you can hear her crying.

[SIZE=5]Houston[/SIZE] - Jefferson Davis hospital - the hospital has spirits such as nurses, doctors, and patients that still roam its halls. Many have gone into this establishment and have had their own personal experiences such as being watched, seeing shadows, and smelling sterilization solutions in certain spots. The spirits are restless and have been agitated from all of the visitors they've been receiving. It was built upon a site of about 3,000 graves of civil war and yellow fever victims, from when it was a cemetery in the 1800's. It is now patrolled fairly heavily by the local fire department, which is right next door. Explores/ghost hunters suggest that it not be visited unless you are with a fairly large group that can respect their domain. - !!Warning!! As with any abandoned building, they may be structurally unsound or you can find yourself being robbed as these kids did or much worse. abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/80103_local_teenscare.html - April 2005 Update: The building is currently getting renovated.
    - February 2007 Update: This building has been renovated and is now an apartment building.

[SIZE=5]Huntsville[/SIZE] - Bowden " Demons " Rd. - Reports of handprints being left on witnesses 92 vehicles by unseen hands, apparitions, and a strange creature with no face.

[SIZE=5]Huntsville[/SIZE] - Oakwood Cemetery - This is the cemetery where General Sam Houston is buried, and also where the statue college kids call black Jesus is located. It's a bronze statue on the far north edge of the cemetery, kind of in the middle. It is in a gorgeous spot with palms and it is recessed into the woods a bit, with benches and such. All the graves in the cemetery are laid out with the feet facing East, this families graves are the only ones where the feet face west. A family erected the statue when there 5 year old son died and the bronze soon weathered to a black color that could not be cleaned. The Jesus is a classic pose with the hands out stretched and palms up, except sometime when you go out at night the hands are turned down!

(SEEN THIS^)

[SIZE=5]Huntsville[/SIZE] - Sam Houston Memorial Museum - When you're in the loft of The Woodland Home at the Sam Houston Memorial Museum, you can hear people walking around underneath you, and see their footprints in the gravel leading up to the house. You can also see things fall off of Sam Houston's desk sometimes in his law office.

[SIZE=5]Huntsville[/SIZE] - Walls Unit, Tex. Dept. of Corrections - Walls Unit, Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice. - Ghosts and unexplained noises on the original death row (first floor of the South Building, not used since the 1950s), the East Building, and the catwalk connecting the two. One Halloween a correctional supervisor put a voice-activated tape recorder on the now abandoned old death row. When he played it back later for several correctional officers, they heard the clanging of cell doors and at the very end an unidentified voice saying "Hey captain, Hey captain." Source: Austin-American Statesman, October 29, 1999, pp. A1, A8.

http://theshadowlands.net/places/texas.htm <-- Click on your state and it gives you alot of hauntings and what location they are in if you are interested in going ghost hunting!

Also, last year I visited Colorado and went to the Crescent Hotel
    It have me the shivers the whole time i was there and it has a haunting history behind it!
    http://crescent-hotel.com/bakerstory.htm

The grave by the side of Stevens road could indeed be that of Sir Stamford Raffles mistress (or concubine as they call them here).
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

42. 12-11-2007, 07:55 AM

Quote Originally Posted by stevemr68 View Post
    [SIZE=5]We have 'Devils Cave'[/SIZE]

Devil's Cave
    A young Indian brave was banished for stealing and tried to take his revenge by haunting the tribe. He would cover himself with a glowing fungus and then a blanket. He would appear on dark nights as a fake ghost to scare the tribe. One day they found footprints and decided that it was a prankster. They were waiting for him when he next appeared. He ran from the men chasing him and hid in devil's cave. They smoked him out and then he jumped in the river and drowned. The cave is easily accessible from the trail at the Red Oak Nature Center.
    Wouldn't the blanket hide the glowing fungus thereby negating the effect? Not the sharpest brave in the wigwam was he?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    We have Green Man's Tunnel in Sout Park, PA. As far as I know, Cartman doesn't live there too. Depending on the story you're told, green man was turned a eerie shade of green by a lightning strike, an accident on the railroad or an electrical accident. He hid in a tunnel until his death and supposedly still haunts the place.

We must have a thing for people living in tunnels and caves around here. In my tiny little town, we had a guy who actually did live in a cave. We called him Caveman Dave (creative no?). He lived there for years until the state decided that any person living in a cave in SW Pennsylvania had to be crazy. I don't know what happened to him after the state carted him away. It's a shame really, he was a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    You are pretty close to Sunnyvale, Home of the haunted Toy R Us store.
    That place is pretty creepy from what I hear.

Keyser Soze Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    You are pretty close to Sunnyvale, Home of the haunted Toy R Us store.
    That place is pretty creepy from what I hear.
    I totally forgot about that- my mother used to work there a long ass time ago

Photo from Sylvia Brown seance. Shot in infrared film, the leaning figure was not there in the picture shot with normal film

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    I know that we have Death Hags from all over the globe here on this MB. so, I was wondering what are some famous haunts in your neck of the woods? I guess my all time FAVORITE here in the Chicago area is the old Bachelors Grove cemetery in Midlothian on the south side of Chicago. what a CREEPY place. i've been there a few times over the years. and it still gives me chills walking through the woods leading to the cemetery gates. it's supposed to be the most haunted cemetery in the world.

http://www.bachelorsgrove.com/
    One of my favorite places to go. I even did a seance there.it is definitley haunted...

We have Haunted Vegas Tours here in Las Vegas. I haven't taken the tour yet but supposeadly there are quite a few haunted locations here in town. Casinos, restaurants, schools... etc. They mention Elvis, Liberace, and Redd Foxx as a few celebrity ghosts. Perhaps I'll get to take the tour someday....

Here's a link to the tour site if anyone is interested -
    http://www.hauntedvegastours.com/

Pryncis Guest

These are a few places near where I live. Some of the stories I am familiar with, some I've never heard of before. There is also supposed a church here in Conway (just outside of Myrtle Beach) that is said top have haunted catacombs, but I've yet to find any information about that.

[SIZE=1]Murrells Inlet - Hermitage - Aliceâ??s grave - the hermitage is not an inn. it is Aliceâ??s house. When Alice was young, she was engaged to a guy but her brother didnâ??t approve. When she got sick, he threw her ring into the marsh. Then she died. If you go to her grave, which is just a flat stone, flush with the ground, with just her name "Alice" on it, walk around (possibly 8 times, your ring will feel a pull on it.

Myrtle Beach - Myrtle Beach - There believed to be a haunting of a boy who drown in the ocean on Myrtle Beach. People could not here his screams because of the tide that day. Most people say you can see him swimming standing in the water with a blank stare, and others say if you are very quiet you can her his scream at the tide.

Myrtle Beach - North Myrtle Beach - Ocean Pier One - Strange electrical problems, doors locking from the inside, items disappearing and appearing in spots that had just be straightened up or cleaned.
    [/SIZE][SIZE=1]
    Conway - Lucas Bay - Reports of a light that begins to come towards witnesses, Car motors cut off, & even hear the distinct sound of a baby crying. - January 2006 Update: About 10 years ago SCDOT did some major work in the Lucas Bay area. As a result, the light hasn't been seen in about 10 years or so.

[/SIZE][SIZE=1]Pawley's Island - The gray man who comes to warn residents of an impending disaster such as a hurricane. If you see him, your residence will be spared!

Pawley's Island - All Saints Episcopal Church - Alice of the Hermitage is said to have been seen haunting her gravesite. It is about 10 miles south of her home, just off Hwy 17.

Pawley's Island - Pelican Inn - An old woman used to live here and take care of the Inn...she had two Boston terrier dogs that used to play in the surf. One day there was a little kid who swam out to far and one of the dog went out to get him...brought him back in and saved the boys life. The dog got sick and soon passed away. The other dog was heartbroken that he had lost his playmate. The dog soon died and now the two dogs can be heard or sometimes seen when the sun goes down on the beach.

Pawley's Island - Murrell - All Saint's Episcopal Cemetery - Alice of the Hermitage is buried here. A flat gravestone with just the name ALICE is located beneath a huge oak. Legend has it if you walk around her grave 13 times backwards and call her name twice she will come out over the old brick wall at the back of the cemetery. She is looking for her engagement ring that was lost in a creek. It is said women can feel her tugging on their wedding rings when they visit her grave. She can also be caught on film. Also you can smell strong, sweet flowers in the cemetery, when there are no flower shrubs only green bushes. The cemetery is located off of 501, take a right at Martin Luther king Rd. the right at the stop sign. You will come to a four way stop, take a right and the cemetery is on the left.

Pawley's Island - on the beach - it's said that a long time ago, a little boy was searching for crabs to feed his family. he went out into the shallows. when he stuck his hand in one of the holes, it got stuck. as the tide rose, the boy drowned. to this day, one can hear the bot begging for help.

This isn't very close to me, but I found it very interesting anyway:
    Sumter - Thomas Drive Vacant Lot - Eyewitnesses have claimed to have seen 5 or 6 rag-tag black men doing various activities - from hoeing a long gone garden to silently joining in on New Year's Eve festivities. Dogs incessantly whining and barking at what appears to be an empty lot. [/SIZE]

magblax Guest
    She had this evil, evil look on her face, and she was dirty, and she had blood on her fingers . . . She said, "Ssshhh. They're here." And I said, "Who's here?" And she said, "The ones who live in the walls."

"The Kimberly Story"
    This is a tale that has been told at a local high school by a teacher about one of his students from Texas. The students are convinced that Kimberly live in the walls of the school. She has been spotted wandering around town in different locations (late at night of course). As the teacher tells it..

"Kimberly's parents vanished in the early 1990s. Their remains were found in the backyard. A dog's disemboweled corpse was in the refrigerator. Malevolent creatures emerged from beneath Kimberly's bed.
    The macabre events that took place are almost too horrible to describe in a family newspaper.
    Kimberly became a murder suspect. Her trial was moved to Arizona and she was convicted. Then, years ago, she escaped from prison and began stalking people, including her former teacher."

Students have tried to prove the story wrong...even driving to Texas but have found pieces of truth to the story...so no one knows.