Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: George W. Bush

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    This shit scares the hell outta me...I just hate to see everybody at each others throats...Armcast...If you ran for Prez I would beat every MF'er to the polls and vote for you first...I have never seen a more well put, well worded, and intelligant post on this entire board...I get super hot under the collar over politics and I frickin hate it...I have a Dem. for a really good friend and we make fun of each other...She is an Obama girl and I a McCain...I am really not that crazy over McCain but I feel he could lead this country a litte better than Obama...I think Obama is still too green behind the ears...I just wish that all this wouldn't blow up into such a circus...Let the potshots begin...

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    All of them are corrupt, but I don't wish they were dead.
    Absolutely. I would surely hope that no one wishes any of our presidents, past or present, die. Only those with the most perverted form of self-righteous beliefs would ever even hint at such an atrocity. That, to me, is treason of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach2 View Post
    You and Barbara Steisand will be mowing grass in Crawford Texas after Karl Rove has you black listed.
    I'll be happy to mow the grass in Crawford. It's beautiful Texas country up there. I'll also be wearing my regulation free-speech zone t-shirt as a warning to others:

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post
    Absolutely. I would surely hope that no one wishes any of our presidents, past or present, die. Only those with the most perverted form of self-righteous beliefs would ever even hint at such an atrocity. That, to me, is treason of the highest order.

I'll be happy to mow the grass in Crawford. It's beautiful Texas country up there. I'll also be wearing my regulation free-speech zone t-shirt as a warning to others:

HOLY SHIT.................LMFAOOOOOOOO......I`m stealing that....

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    My best friend is a communist and we have more civil conversations than what I've seen on this thread. I'm not taking up for either candidate or party, can't stand either one of 'em (nor their picks for Vice-Prick). Politicians are notorious for lies and double-speak (and our sitting AND former presidents have been prime examples of that). Also, neither party looks or acts like the party my parents knew...they've both evolved---actually I should say DEvolved---into partisan snake pits and lie/spin factories.

Also, the media is incredibly complicit in all this--fanning the partisan flames to the point of absurdity. Virtually ALL of the media are involved in this nonsense--so where do we go for solid journalism? Where do we get the truth? Media outlets and journalists (and I'm not talking about EDITORIALISTS here--two different animals--supposedly) need to keep their personal and/or corporate views to themselves and report the FACTS and nothing but the FACTS--and stop giving more "time" to one party/politician over another. Equal time, equal consideration--otherwise, what's the point? I can listen to someone's diarrhea of the mouth for hours and if they're only giving me their (or their corporate parent's) spin what the fuck do I learn from that discourse? Nothing, except some supposed "pundit's" personal opinion. We don't NEED any more pundits for fuck's sake, we need the facts. Anyone, ANYONE out there that might be prepared to deliver those facts in an unadorned package, without all the bells, whistles and BULLSHIT??? If so, I'm not acquainted with them. (And YES, I know I'm whistling in the wind with this, it's never going to happen--but I can at least imagine a world where the truth is still important, can't I)?

*and while we're on that subject, it would be a great help when those posting a laundry list of 'facts' that the source of those facts is noted so that we may use our critical thinking skills in deciding whether to give credence to the poster or not. If they're your own facts that you've personally analyzed and vetted, great, say so and tell us your sources. If not, tell us from whom the information is coming--otherwise they really are just words floating on a page with no anchor. Opinions are of course everyone's own--but when stating/quoting supposed facts, understanding the source of those facts is critical to them being taken seriously, imo.

I don't trust MSNBC, CNN, FOX, any of them--including the local news here in S.F. which is so one-sided it's pathetic--and that makes me VERY afraid, because I'm only getting the information THEY want me to have. Doesn't that bother anyone else?

I just wish we here could rise above all this and talk about these things without interjecting either venom or hysterics. Because frankly I think we're better than that--and better than them.

Very nice Jack. Its comforting to see another independant thinker that has an original untainted idea in his or her head. Objective thought is a rarity these days.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Mach2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Very nice Jack. Its comforting to see another independant thinker that has an original untainted idea in his or her head. Objective thought is a rarity these days.
    An entire post without the F or S word. Thank you Ich.

An entire post without the F or S word. Thank you Ich.
    You are quite welcome good Sir.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Hi, Guys!

What's shakin'?

Hope everybody is having a great weekend.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Noelle Page Guest
    Seago, you little pyro.....what hast thou wrought?

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    I'll be waiting...
    Me, too. Hell, I'll give him directions and dare him to show up.

I can never find a candidate for any office who completely suits me.

Politics is a corrupt business; largely full of attention whores; who will personally benefit in later years for their political accomplishments.

*Covering head*

I usually vote Republican; for they seem to be the lesser of the evils at ballot time.

Many politicians on each side are corrupt in one manner or another.

I have a suspicion that if Obama had chosen Hillary as his running mate; he would suddenly die during his first year in office; leaving her President.

I do not think that Obama has enough experience to be President, today, maybe in years to come; but not today.

As for anyone saying that my opinions are racially driven; I voted for Allen Keyes in the primaries a few years ago; I knew it was a wasted vote; but I voted my conscience.

He is MY President.

On a healing note; a lovely song from the 60's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u7q81Krih0
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Mach2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post

I have a suspicion that if Obama had chosen Hillary as his running mate; he would suddenly die during his first year in office; leaving her President.
    Obama probably thought the same thing.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Conversely, post something similarly heinous about someone like Obama, and watch it either get deleted in short order, or the offending party get sent to their rooms without dessert.

Me personally, I guess it doesn't bother me as much as it confirms just how inane some people can be.

Didn't big boobs Moore produce this?

Sorry Hellokitty for my attack on you last night. You did nothing wrong and deserve better treatment. I feel ashamed for making cheap comments such as I did.

WendyK Guest
    I don't get why everyone is so against Bush? Because of the war that HE did NOT create? I personally believe we would not be at war if 9/11 never happened, I am sorry Dem or Repub we all end up dissapointed in the end ...I don't care who ya are! It is almost like some people think this was set up...

Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    I don't get why everyone is so against Bush? Because of the war that HE did NOT create? I personally believe we would not be at war if 9/11 never happened, I am sorry Dem or Repub we all end up dissapointed in the end ...I don't care who ya are! It is almost like some people think this was set up...
    I'm with you. Bush didnt send us off to war. He is merely a representative figurehead. He does as he is told. Hes basically a fall guy. We're doomed regardless ofwhether there is a demo or a repub in office. They both serve the same purpose and both are equally corrupt.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoney View Post
    I think it is a shame that they would portray this of our current president. If it had been any other president (especially a Democratic one) there would have been public outrage.

Just goes to show you how radically left-winged the bigwig Hollywood producers and media really are.

I was watching a documentary on Kennedy's assassination yesterday and it is absolutely chilling and horrible what he endured. That day was a dark day in American history and a very sensitive topic for a long time afterwards. Such a terrible tragedy is nothing to take lightly and certainly nothing to depict our current President's murder for the sake of art.

I think it's Un-American and unpatriotic to depict our country's leader in such a fashion. That is not saying that everyone must love Bush and agree with his policies, but to create a film of his assassination is just WRONG and should never have been done.
    You took the words right out of my mouth!

WendyK Guest
    I'm with you. Bush didnt send us off to war. He is merely a representative figurehead. He does as he is told. Hes basically a fall guy. We're doomed regardless ofwhether there is a demo or a repub in office. They both serve the same purpose and both are equally corrupt.
    Yes, they are unforfunatley. I take all promises by our goverment with a grain of salt.

Bush decided to invade Iraq long before 9/11. You are right he was pushed into invading Iraq, it was by his greed and to pay a debt. He had Halliburton and The Carlyle Group to answer to for getting him elected.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/

Mach2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Bush decided to invade Iraq long before 9/11.
    That's Oprah-like politics.

WendyK Guest
    Bush decided to invade Iraq long before 9/11. You are right he was pushed into invading Iraq, it was by his greed and to pay a debt. He had Halliburton and The Carlyle Group to answer to for getting him elected.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/

The ignorance you are blabbing about is not factual. AS I am reading this my IQ is getting lower... GW had NOTHING to do with Hallliburton or the Carlyle Group.

I'll bet you wished 9/11 happened during the CLINTON admim...What do you think he would of done? Like Nothing? Like the first WTC bombing!!! I'll bet you think GW controls the weather too! Yep, he steered that hurricane right in to New Orleans. And didn't warrn anybody.
    Last edited by WendyK; 09-13-2008 at 11:16 PM.

The ignorance you are blabbing about is not factual. AS I am reading this my IQ is getting lower... GW had NOTHING to do with Hallliburton or the Carlyle Group.

I'll bet you wished 9/11 happened during the CLINTON admim...What do you think he would of done? Like Nothing? Like the first WTC bombing!!! I'll bet you think GW controls the weather too! Yep, he steered that hurricane right in to New Orleans. And didn't warrn anybody.
    Instead of bagging on me try reading a link that someone post for once. You might learn something. Those guys that started the project for a new american century tried to get Clinton to invade Iraq, he said no. Those same guys, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle, Dick Armitage, John Bolton, and Elliot Abrams all became George W Bush's inner circle. Bush don't control shit. He is a puppet.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...38542173218531
    http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

WendyK Guest
    Instead of bagging on me try reading a link that someone post for once. You might learn something. Those guys that started the project for a new american century tried to get Clinton to invade Iraq, he said no. Those same guys, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle, Dick Armitage, John Bolton, and Elliot Abrams all became George W Bush's inner circle. Bush don't control shit. He is a puppet.

Jefe...I will fact check but to each his own.

I didnt make that web site Wendy. That site is all thiers.

WendyK Guest

WendyK Guest
    I didnt make that web site Wendy. That site is all thiers.

Never said you did my dear!

Still listening..
    Yeah I'm kind of a conspiracy nut. It makes things much more interesting!

Mach2 Guest
    Adults should know better than this.

WendyK Guest
    I just don't get why they blame the president for everything? It is almost like he drove the planes?? WTF? I agree we need to get BinLaden... I think I seen him at Wal-Mart Today!

Armcast Guest
    Yeah I'm kind of a conspiracy nut. It makes things much more interesting!
    Saying I'm a conspiracy nut gets me out of jury duty.

Prove ANYTHING that I wrote not to be fact and I will stay out of every political thread on this forum.

Armcast Guest
    I remember Richard Clarke claimed that there were plans to invade Iraq on the President's desk soon after Bush's inauguration in January 2001. It really discredited him in my eyes because he didn't speak out about it. I don't know if any of the guys you mentioned had anything to do with it....interesting...I'll have to check it out.

WendyK Guest
    Prove ANYTHING that I wrote not to be fact and I will stay out of every political thread on this forum.

APPARENTLY you are a leftist and know tons. But thats ok to each his own ...still fact checking

Armcast Guest
    Absolutely...adults should...Oh the irony!

Mach2 Guest
    I can not prove you are sane.

WendyK Guest
    So far debunking everything on the link.. Don't you think if any of this stuff was true, the drive by liberal media would have jumped all over it??? The fact is even the drive by's have to fact check before they report, and none of this stuff has been reported except on some conspiracy website.

Absolutely...adults should...Oh the irony!
    Oh the irony is so thick and nearly tangible you could almost mold a recognizable form or statue representing some falsehood were it not for the fact that it is slighlty beyond the grasp of some fingers.

Armcast Guest
    Oh the irony is so thick and nearly tangible you could almost mold a recognizable form or statue representing some falsehood were it not for the fact that it is slighlty beyond the grasp of some fingers.
    ...or minds...

Mach2 Guest
    ...or minds...
    UFOs, crop circles and witch craft are the product of minds like yours. Go sacrifice a dog or something to calm yourself. I'm going to bed. You are not worth talking to.

UFOs, crop circles and witch craft are the product of minds like yours. Go sacrifice a dog or something to calm yourself. I'm going to bed. You are not worth talking to.
    Thats pathetic. Ive deleted much better responses than that like so much shit on toilet tissue. Come on now. Your obviously an intelligent man. I know you can dish the dirty dozens better than that.

Armcast Guest
    Actually, animal sacrifices are on Friday nights here at Casa Conundrum (though it usually involves a colonel and greasy bucket and a couple of biscuits)...nite nite!

Wendy, that is a GOP site.

WendyK Guest
    Thats pathetic. Ive deleted much better responses than that like so much shit on toilet tissue. Come on now. Your obviously an intelligent man. I know you can dish the dirty dozens better than that.

Let's be nice

WendyK Guest
    I know you HATE me for some reason, but let me figure this out...k? I am still reading and taking things in, on both sides,,exhausting...

WendyK Guest

Does that not stand for " The Good Old Party"?

I know you HATE me for some reason, but let me figure this out...k? I am still reading and taking things in, on both sides,,exhausting...
    I think you are awesome for actually taking the time to study all sides of an issue. That is exemplary! You are fucking awesome!

WendyK Guest
    I think you are awesome for actually taking the time to study all sides of an issue. That is exemplary! You are fucking awesome!
    Thanks Babe!

Armcast Guest
    Does that not stand for " The Good Old Party"?
    Grand Ole Party

MorbidMolly Guest
    Hell I`m still sifting through all the links........I think me brain may explode ( I`m eating Lucky Charms and they ARE magically delicious ).........I know who I`m NOT voting for, I just don`t know WHO I`m voting for......oh the agony of a democracy.......