Thread: Sarah Ferguson

darlingmissmarple Guest

Sarah Ferguson

I hope there isn't another thread on her. I searched but could not find one. If there is please dump this one and direct me to the other.

I have been watching Finding Sarah on Oprah's new network. It has been a real look into who she is.
    I liked her from the beginning of her introduction as Prince Andrew's intended princess. She seemed so warm and funny.

Over the years since her fall from grace I felt compassion for her.
    I feel that this series has finally given some understanding as to what lead her to the mistakes she has made. I have nothing but admiration for her for the public journey she is taking to come to terms with her past behaviour. She is resistant to forgiving herself, but also seems very honest.

I feel so hurt for her and I am cheering her onward and upward.

Since she tried to sell access to her former husband, watching the tape of the transaction, I lost all sympathy for her. Making the gimme gimme gimme motions with her hands, and then telling everyone in the room she was a "complete aristocrat". She also said she was drunk at the time! I understand your sympathy, I wish I had your compassion for her, but I feel exactly the opposite of the way you do.

darlingmissmarple Guest
    I can fully understand what you say. I didn't read much about the scandal of her attempt to sell influence to Prince Andrew. Just what was on the evening news was my main source of information. Too be honest I didn't care too much about it one way or the other. I thought it unimportant in the larger scheme of things. Had I been a British citizen I would have taken it much more seriously
    In this series she has taken the responsibility of how wrong that was
    but it is not that. She seems to be really seeking to find herself as a human being.
    She trained for a trek across a frozen lake in the Antarctic. This was no light weight training regiment. She had five weeks to strengthen herself to withstand the cold and to pull her own sled with the provisions she would need for a 26 mile trek in below freezing temperatures. This trek was not her idea. It was one of many exercises (not all of which where physical) proposed to help her find a true sense of what she is capable of with out relying on someone else. Whatever she has done, I have to admire her determination in undertaking the journey. I also enjoyed the episode where she met with a kind of shaman who appeared to be a Native American Indian. His wisdom was impressive to me.
    I had never read anything of her early life experience but hearing about it on this show is extraordinary in its sadness. I think it amounts to years of emotional abuse and some physical abuse by her mother.
    She is taking responsibility for the stupidity of many of her choices.
    Another thing she does is give credit to Prince Andrew for how he has stood behind her and has helped her so much after her "fall". She actually lives in one of his houses. I surely respect him for that. After all, it was he whom she betrayed the most, but he continues to help the mother of his children. I already know I am not on that level of forgiveness. It.

I am not trying to defend her actions, I'm just saying this is a really thought provoking series. Lots of the advice given to Sarah by experts in their fields has been helpful to me.

s

Am I being fooled by what I'm seeing and hearing? Possibilly

kandykisses Guest
    I was a Diana fan-and liked Fergie. The press were brutal 2 her @ times and she seems 2 have been affected by it. I feel somewhat sorry 4 her. I tried 2 watch her show but was bored. I oly saw the one with the Indian Shamen-and didn't watch that all the way through. I am sure her mom's desertion affected her deeply-but she is like 50 now. At what age do you stopsaying when I was a kid this or that happened -and take responsibility. Even the bribe thing, she said they set her up, they did this they did that-if she wasn't willing 2 take the bribe-there would be no story-she was the 1 coponentin the event she controlled and she was crooked and suffered 4 it-but Ithnk she thinks she was the victim. She wasn't.

I do think Andrew is good 2 give her somewhere 2 stay and he seems to be kind to her. It's not like she can just go out and get a house though-some nutter could kidnapher and try 2 get money or hurt her 2 get @ the royals so she should be given a safe place to live.

Did the show say if she get's any money monthly, as part of the divorce?

endsleigh03 Guest
    Didn't Sarah receive a settlement from the divorce and support for the girls when they were younger?

Also, she has been paid for endorsing that weight control company and other things, most likely.

What I am saying is...where did all the money go?

Why would she put herself in a position that caused trouble like it did?

I always felt sorry for her because the press was mean to her about her weight, etc., but not anymore.

She needs to learn to live within her means.

crazedfemale Guest
    Sarah has been spending way beyond her means for years. I know for a while she lived in the same house as Andrew even after they divorced (while the girls were young). She wasn't invited to Will and Kate's wedding for obvious reasons. She has made many, many mistakes along the way and they are magnified by being a member of the House of Windsor. Andrew seems content playing royal and golf and enjoying his middle age. I wish her nothing but the best, but you can only undo so many things before people are fed up with you and want nothing more to do with you. Not to say having Elizabeth as a mother-in-law is easy.

darlingmissmarple Guest
    I understand all the points everyone is making. I just feel bad for her that she made the mistakes she did, When she first came on the scene she seemed like a happy go lucky girl. I liked that about her. Like most everyone else I was totally charmed by Diana.

Depemding on how abusive your childhood was, problems can carry over for years in you adult life. Many times it takes years of counseling to get to a good place in your head. Others have learned to make peace with it on their own.

Anyway, I wish Sarah much luck in the future. Andrew seems to have forgiven her. Did she get into any legal problems about the selling influence? I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by crazedfemale View Post
    Sarah has been spending way beyond her means for years. I know for a while she lived in the same house as Andrew even after they divorced (while the girls were young). She wasn't invited to Will and Kate's wedding for obvious reasons. She has made many, many mistakes along the way and they are magnified by being a member of the House of Windsor. Andrew seems content playing royal and golf and enjoying his middle age. I wish her nothing but the best, but you can only undo so many things before people are fed up with you and want nothing more to do with you. Not to say having Elizabeth as a mother-in-law is easy.

Here is a fascinating article about Prince Andrew...he certainly is a mama's boy and has much questionable behavior and many shady contacts/friends of his own. The article is long, however it is one of the most interesting and in depth looks into the royal family that I have ever seen- lots and lots going on, both present and past, and there are multiple things mentioned in regards to the relationships between Prince Andrew, Fergie, Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. It is an excellent read:

The Trouble with Andrew...

http://www.vanityfair.com/society/fe...-andrew-201108
    Last edited by Cynful; 07-15-2011 at 10:47 PM.

darlingmissmarple Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post
    Here is a fascinating article about Prince Andrew...he certainly is a mama's boy and has much questionable behavior and many shady contacts/friends of his own. The article is long, however it is one of the most interesting and in depth looks into the royal family that I have ever seen- lots and lots going on, both present and past, and there are multiple things mentioned in regards to the relationships between Prince Andrew, Fergie, Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. It is an excellent read:

-

Thanks for sharing that link. It is an excellent read. I have never been impressed by Prince Charles. There are things about him that lead me to think that England would do well to skip him as a king. I see from the article that it is unlikely that he will be passed over in favor of Prince William, but I wish it could be so. Prince Charles has always given me the creeps from back before he married or even courted Diana. That is based on just the public view of him. I have no inside knowledge of him as a person, but he is the coldest and oddest of fish in the royal family IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by darlingmissmarple View Post
    -

Thanks for sharing that link. It is an excellent read. I have never been impressed by Prince Charles. There are things about him that lead me to think that England would do well to skip him as a king. I see from the article that it is unlikely that he will be passed over in favor of Prince William, but I wish it could be so. Prince Charles has always given me the creeps from back before he married or even courted Diana. That is based on just the public view of him. I have no inside knowledge of him as a person, but he is the coldest and oddest of fish in the royal family IMO.

So glad that you liked it too. The relationship details between the royals was especially fascinating, and definitely gave me an inside look at what all goes on in the monarchy and in the family. Wow...some weird eggs as you say!

She is a financial black hole.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    She is a financial black hole.
    LoL.

Excellent.

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by darlingmissmarple View Post
    -

Sorry....this is horribly pedantic, but it's my pet hate...in fact I am almost ashamed to post it, but it's Great Britain, not just England. Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland get a look in from time to time as well!!!

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post

Both Fergie and Andrew have a financial relationship with Jeffrey Epstein, registered sex offender. Neither have clean hands.

I don't respect anyone who appears on Oprah. The debacle with James Frey and James Arthur Ray were enough for me to stop viewing.

darlingmissmarple Guest
    I thought she did not get any settlement when she and Andrew divorced. I thought she didn't get any child support because she didn't get custody of her children. I may be wrong on both counts.
    She lot her contract with weight watchers after the "access to Andrew" fiasco...which I understand. I still feel sorry for her. Maybe she is just a really good actress and has completely fooled me. It wouldn't be the first time I believed someone and was wrong, There is something about her that makes me feel sorry for her.
    I read that Andrew was the one who had the close ties with Jeffery Epstein and that it was he who convinced Epstein to pay off some debts for Fergie. She does seem to have been out of control with her spending. I can't imagine ever seeing the kind of money she has spent.

I quit watching Oprah when she was promoting what some called her own religion.
    Truthfully, I don't even know if that was totally accurate, but it was disturbing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    Both Fergie and Andrew have a financial relationship with Jeffrey Epstein, registered sex offender. Neither have clean hands.

I don't respect anyone who appears on Oprah. The debacle with James Frey and James Arthur Ray were enough for me to stop viewing.
    Thank you for saying this, also Oprah is a very horrible person
    and please remember she was a close friend of Jeffrey Epstein.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Sarah, didn't have ties to Epstein, Andrew did, Fergie didn't get anything from her divorce other than what Andrew gave her for her to give up rights to the children , she walked out as she didn't like what was going on and especially what happened with Diana. I can't say someone is horrible or not as I am not a fly on the wall watching them 24/7, what I have seen and read about Ophra does not make her a horrible person, she is actually a strong woman, coming from nothing and being sexually and physically abused as a child and young woman who was able to pull herself up and better herself, does not make her a horrible person.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Sarah, didn't have ties to Epstein, Andrew did, Fergie didn't get anything from her divorce other than what Andrew gave her for her to give up rights to the children , she walked out as she didn't like what was going on and especially what happened with Diana. I can't say someone is horrible or not as I am not a fly on the wall watching them 24/7, what I have seen and read about Ophra does not make her a horrible person, she is actually a strong woman, coming from nothing and being sexually and physically abused as a child and young woman who was able to pull herself up and better herself, does not make her a horrible person.

I think they mean Oprah was a buddy of Epstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Nansei View Post
    I think they mean Oprah was a buddy of Epstein.
    Exactly. And for the recod, no matter who you were or were not talking about, we can't rely on what other people say about Fergie or Oprah whozit.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I've just read Fergie didn't get an invite to Phillips funeral .He couldn't stand Fergie but there is also a 30 people limit .

I read this morning that the Queen has vetoed the family soldier boys from wearing their military uniforms to spare Harry's and Andrew's blushes. Hmmm.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I read this morning that the Queen has vetoed the family soldier boys from wearing their military uniforms to spare Harry's and Andrew's blushes. Hmmm.
    I think because Prince Harry was stripped of all his
    military stuff after he and his wife left the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Oh yeah, and Andrew is an embarrassment.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Seemingly Andrew was gonna be upgraded to Admiral but then news came out about him and Epstein and it went on the back burner. He seemingly wanted to wear the Admiral uniform to the funeral but because he technically hadn't been promoted, there were many against it and they said no. There was rumours the two of them weren't happy and were adamant they were wearing their uniforms whether people liked it or not but at some point it was made clear that wasn't happening and it was decided for everyone to just wear normal suits to save embarrassment but the news got out anyway.

I could see Andrew being arrogant about it and getting all pissy. Wearing mourning clothes gave it an understated look that was far more appropriate. As for him being an promoted to Admiral, he can kiss that goodbye.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Sorry, she sounds like a crazy person who sticks
    up for her ex husband.( no matter what)