Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: James Dean

dirk diggler Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerV View Post
    I wonder... am I the only person who thinks that if J.D. hadn't been killed in a car crash, he'd eventually have died of lung cancer or emphysema? He seems to have smoked like a chimney, if photographs are any guide...
    Yeah look at Bogey he had a gaspa in his mouth every 5 mins too...

dirk diggler Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    look closely......... is that a dead James Dean on the ground on the side of the car? (to the left of the guy with the black shirt...you can see his face/head)

can you guys see him or is it just me?
    Clutching at straws there i think..

Mrs. James Dean Guest

hehehe to all the "DEANERS" HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy's One View Post
    I watched a documentry a about a year ago.. shes very evasive as to why they split.. growing apart was HER reason

I'm not calling her a fake.. but its easy to write a book about someone who can't defend what you say..afterall shes out to sell her story ,she has to spice it up a abit..

ITA- I can't stand people who start dishing after the person has died and can't defend themselves.

My two favorite photos of him:

But East of Eden will always be my favorite movie of his.
    Last edited by lemmy17; 01-03-2009 at 02:49 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1sLl...eature=related

James Dean with the late great Paul Newman. I love this footage!

James Dean's cat Marcus

jimmy's One Guest
    That is an Awesome Pic Of Him

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaver mangler View Post

James Dean's cat Marcus

Cute cat!!

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy's One View Post
    That is an Awesome Pic Of Him

I agree!! This is an amazing picture of him! Love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_UXY...eature=related

Supposedly a screen test from East of Eden. Brilliantly done scene on James' part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6iPX...eature=related

This video actually made me cry. That doesn't happen that often.
    Last edited by lemmy17; 01-05-2009 at 02:10 PM.

KarmaKat Guest
    It would have been amazing to see what James would of accomplished as an actor had he lived.
    He was just so talented actor with a trully different style for the time. A male actr who could show emotion and cry and oh he was just fabulous.
    RIP Jimmy

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmy17 View Post

This video actually made me cry. That doesn't happen that often.
    That was nice. I always get all when I read a book or watch a documentary and they get to that fateful day.

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    It would have been amazing to see what James would of accomplished as an actor had he lived.
    He was just so talented actor with a trully different style for the time. A male actr who could show emotion and cry and oh he was just fabulous.
    RIP Jimmy
    Agreed. I think he had the talent to have become a well known actor today had he lived and made more movies. I would have loved to have seen how he would have matured as an actor. Ahhhh, what could have been.

jimmy's One Guest
    I love art work done of jimmy there's alot out there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drawing.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	11924  

Shano Guest

This video actually made me cry. That doesn't happen that often.[/quote]

That was a nice video. His last meal of a Pepsi and an Apple got me. I had read that before but to hear it was so sad. He still really was a farm boy from Indiana.

One thing (that I know of for sure) is George Barris does not own Jimmy's car. That is not Dean's Porsche Spider in Barris's showroom. It is a replica. Jimmy's Porsche was "lost" sometime after the crash, after making rounds at schools etc. showing teens why driving too fast is bad. Barris loves tourists to believe that is the real deal but it is not. Barris also tells people that he did all of the work on the Porsche but that is untrue as well. Barris painted the words Lil' Bastard on the car and the numbers, did some minor work and that is it. Granted, Barris has done some awesome cars, but he makes more of it than what it really was for him and Dean.

jimmy's One Guest
    Back to his roots

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    ^ That's such a good pic.

Mrs. James Dean Guest

HAPPY
    BIRTHDAY JIMMY!

RubySlippers Guest
    happy birthday, baby.

Lucy Furr Guest
    ITA- I can't stand people who start dishing after the person has died and can't defend themselves.

My two favorite photos of him:

But East of Eden will always be my favorite movie of his.
    Christ almighty, he rocks the hell outta them cowboy hats!!

My favorite Jimmy has always been Giant. He tore some shit up in there...watching his performance there gives me the chills, man. I have a Jimmy tattoo from Giant.

jimmy's One Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Furr View Post
    Christ almighty, he rocks the hell outta them cowboy hats!!

My favorite Jimmy has always been Giant. He tore some shit up in there...watching his performance there gives me the chills, man. I have a Jimmy tattoo from Giant.

Yeah..Thats Cool... Post us a pic

Shano Guest
    ^^^Me too! I wanna see!

Lucy Furr Guest
    I'll get some up soon...I'm about to get a new one (hopefully within the month) and I'll have my guy get some of all of my work. So far I have:

Jimmy from Giant
    Valentino from Beyond The Rocks
    Elizabeth Taylor from BUtterfield 8

My next one is Jean Harlow.

jimmy's One Guest

I love this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    I especially love this pic!

jimmy's One Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe_Zeppelin View Post
    I love this thread!

I especially love this pic!
    Welcome to the jimmy thread

jimmy's One Guest
    Here's a pic of jimmy that I have never come across before
    To me it sums james dean life up........ alone

dirk diggler Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    That was nice. I always get all when I read a book or watch a documentary and they get to that fateful day.

Agreed. I think he had the talent to have become a well known actor today had he lived and made more movies. I would have loved to have seen how he would have matured as an actor. Ahhhh, what could have been.
    To quote Dennis Hopper "He,(James Dean),could've done anything he could have been Captain America"

jimmy's One Guest
    Were's All The james Dean Thread Posters Gone???

29. 03-12-2009, 12:09 AM

Someone mentioned James' hanging pics, but I don't see that they were ever posted, so here:

Death hag much?

Some more random photos:

Is it just me or did Elizabeth Taylor seem like one of his only real friends? She's one of the only ones who didn't betray his secrets or make stuff up about him after his death. As far as I know, she hasn't really said much about him in a private sense, but they were apparently close on the set of Giant.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Great pics guys!!! I love the ones with Liz. I love Liz...what a beauty

Two Lost Souls Guest
    I never really got the James Dean fascination, then I watched 'East of Eden' a few days ago. My goodness, he was gorgeous! I couldn't take my eyes off of him the whole movie. Safe to say, I get it now!

It's so sad that his life and career were cut so short. Then again, he did live his catchphrase.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Lost Souls View Post
    I never really got the James Dean fascination, then I watched 'East of Eden' a few days ago. My goodness, he was gorgeous! I couldn't take my eyes off of him the whole movie. Safe to say, I get it now!

It's so sad that his life and career were cut so short. Then again, he did live his catchphrase.
    He was one of the handsomest actors that ever lived.
    Did anyone notice in that photo of him full of oil how great his teeth
    were?

I think he would have been miserable leading a long and healthy life. :P

ShockDoc Guest
    Dirk Diggler- Regarding the crash scene photo quite a few posts above- I enlarged it and it certainly looks like him, obviously propped up. There's the guy next to him with an empty gurney, looking like he's about to pick him up (he certainly isnt there to pick flowers) , so IMO you're not clutching at straws at all- I believe it's him. Put it this way- It's SOMEBODY'S face, and they happen to look just like JD. Perhaps someone can post a blow up of the pic.

Giada Guest
    He was a photographer and a teen's dream. The only film I've seen of his was Giant ... fair film for it's time.

jimmy's One Guest

Is it just me or did Elizabeth Taylor seem like one of his only real friends? She's one of the only ones who didn't betray his secrets or make stuff up about him after his death. As far as I know, she hasn't really said much about him in a private sense, but they were apparently close on the set of Giant.

You Bring Up A Good and valid point... all his other so called friends and lovers have tried to cash in on him.. for themselves

Two Lost Souls Guest
    I watched the James Dean made for TV movie today and I thought James Franco played him perfectly. I just wish the movie had been more detailed. It felt like they left alot of stuff out.

Are there any plans to make a full length feature film about James Dean? One that's more detailed. Though, I can't imagine anyone other then James Franco playing him. And I'm sure he wouldn't want to play the same guy twice.

Nicki Guest
    I apologize if this has been posted but it was the clip that Jimmy did on Safe Driving just before he died:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7u8bA_L6yU

RogerV Guest
    The ironic thing is that while Jimmy got a speeding ticket earlier in the day, and idiotically passed one car, forcing another off the road, excessive speed was not a factor in the accident that killed him.

Nicki Guest
    Who was with James Dean in the car that day? This person years later was killed in a Car Wreck also?
    Just came back from Mendocino,CA where Jimmy Dean stayed for awhile while filming scenes for East of Eden. Lots of places to visit where he filmed at and not much has changed. Beautiful part of the country.

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    Who was with James Dean in the car that day? This person years later was killed in a Car Wreck also?
    Just came back from Mendocino,CA where Jimmy Dean stayed for awhile while filming scenes for East of Eden. Lots of places to visit where he filmed at and not much has changed. Beautiful part of the country.

Yes. Rolf Wutherich was in Germany when he was killed after missing a curve. He hit a house, and it was assumed he was drunk. They had to use the jaws of life to pry him out.

Nicki Guest
    Wow.....How ironic. Thanks RubySlippers for the information. James Dean was most definitely a favorite...still miss him. I remember as a kid coming home from school in the early 60's and finding Rebel Without a Cause on TV. Found a new love that day. Was devestated when my parents told me he had died about 7 years before.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    I apologize if this has been posted but it was the clip that Jimmy did on Safe Driving just before he died:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7u8bA_L6yU
    Thanks Niki! Isn't it ironic that the good-looking man interviewing
    James Dean is Gig Young?
    Gig Young murdered his wife and then killed himself back in the
    late 70's.

Death of Gig Young

On October 19, 1978, three weeks after his marriage to Schmidt, the couple was found dead at home in their Manhattan apartment.[7] Police theorized that Young first shot his wife and then turned the gun on himself in a murder-suicide. After an investigation, police stated Young had acted on the spur of the moment and his actions were not planned.[1] The motive of the murder-suicide remains unclear. It was later revealed that Young had been receiving psychiatric treatmentâ??including experimental use of LSD[5]â??from the controversial psychologist Dr. Eugene Landy, who was later professionally decertified for his controlling treatment of Beach Boy Brian Wilson.

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    Yes. Rolf Wutherich was in Germany when he was killed after missing a curve. He hit a house, and it was assumed he was drunk. They had to use the jaws of life to pry him out.
    I think I remember reading somewhere that he was plagued by all kinds of emotional and psychological problems after the accident (the one with Dean). The same ambulance took them both to the hospital, where Rolf was rushed into surgery, and Dean was taken to the mortuary.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Some more random photos:

Love, love, love these!

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerV View Post
    I think I remember reading somewhere that he was plagued by all kinds of emotional and psychological problems after the accident (the one with Dean). The same ambulance took them both to the hospital, where Rolf was rushed into surgery, and Dean was taken to the mortuary.
    yeah. i think he had a lot of guilt. so many people involved took so much with them to the grave - carried much with them their whole lives. but in the end, Jimmy was dead and nothing can change that. although i would love to know what really happened, i think it says a lot that people had enough presence of mind to keep some things sacred - you know? i also understand there were photographs of a dead jimmy that people close to him took great pains to keep private and most likely destroyed to protect Jimmy. unheard of these days...

MoonRabbit Guest

A few years ago I had a chance to buy a hot little vintage sport car
    (Not a Porche) but I passed. These hot cars remind me of coffins
    on wheels.

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post

A few years ago I had a chance to buy a hot little vintage sport car
    (Not a Porche) but I passed. These hot cars remind me of coffins
    on wheels.
    actually, i think coffins were built better. those vintage cars were nothing more than aluminum on wheels.