Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Mr. Mojo Risin' (Jim Morrison)

Quote Originally Posted by zedstarchild View Post
    The reason for grave leasing, I believe, is due to the fact that these cemeteries are so old and so many people have died that, unfortunately, sometimes bodies have had to be exhumed to make room for new ones. Apparently that happens a lot in Europe. That said, I do not believe that Jimbo is actually dead. I have my reasons and have done a great deal of research. But it is my considered opinion that he wants his privacy now, and thus will never resurface completely publicly. A huge part of the reason he went to Paris is that he wanted a private, semi-normal life--inasmuch as any world famous rock star/poet with the demons that he had could have a normal life. It didn't work, because even 40 or 50 lb heavier and having shaved off his beard before leaving (and he grew the beard partly to be unrecognizable when he still lived in LA, that also didn't work), people still knew it was him. And being with Pam, no matter how much he may have loved her, did not help matters. She was a fucking train wreck. Anyway, wherever Jim is, and I think I know, I hope he's doing okay. Maybe he will tell all in a book that comes out after he actually does die.
    I remember reading about his alcohol consumption and how ill he was during his last few weeks alive....even if he did fake his death, do you honestly think he lived a long life with all his excesses??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3 July,1971.................

Quote Originally Posted by WestAussie View Post
    The greatest frontman of all time in my opinion...
    Really? Better than Freddy? Thats a big call.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Not better than Freddy,just a different style,no? "Break On Through"...............

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Not better than Freddy,just a different style,no? "Break On Through"...............
    Yes, different style, I agree. I believe the moniker of greatest frontman is highly subjective. There is probably a dozen that qualify through the past few decades.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and we should not forget Janis J............

crusher38 Guest
    watching the doors movie only reaffirms that oliver stone(and everyone else) didnt know a thing about how jim died so he made a weird and odd ending. usually his movies are the end all be all for factual events.

it sickens me to think that jim and jimi were at their respective peaks the best ever and loved the world over....and both met untimely odd weird secretive deaths that no one can prove conclusively anything

Bunratty Guest
    JM was streets ahead of Mercury in my opinion, a genuine original

"and the Monk bought lunch"............

FaeryQuene Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NineTails20 View Post
    Took me a while, but I've finally found the part of Stephen Davis' book that deals with Patricia Kennealy.

We all know of the claims that she's made since Jim died; she 'married' Jim in a Wiccan ceremony, she was pregnant by Jim and subsequently had an abortion, that Jim was nothing but a kind and gentle lover, etc. However, she has never produced any of the letters she says Jim wrote to her. She has also said that she was using marijuana, cocaine and tranquilizers during that time period.

To cut a long story short, Kennealy's claims have to be taken with a pinch of salt. There is no solid proof of any of her claims, and it's alleged that she has 'bigged up' her connection to Jim.

But it makes for interesting reading.
    Old post (I'm just catching up to some threads) but I personally think that Kennealy is delusional. Jim dedicated all of his songs and poems to Pam, and in the end he left her his entire fortune. He left Patricia zilch. She's been bitter about it ever since. Naturally she blames Pamela for Jim's demise and calls her a 'prostitute' amongst other things. Jim chose Pamela not Patricia and she just can't stand it. She was never his legal 'wife' either and it's disengenous of her to put herself forward as such. She apparently showed 'Jim's' letters and poems to her to his brother Andy at some point -and from what I have read, Andy didn't think any of it was Jim's writings. As the late, great Ray Manzarek said about Kennealy 'she loved Jim - MADLY'. She was nothing more than a groupie to Morrison imo.

Also, some folks upthread seem outraged that the Morrison's apparently got nothing of Jim's legacy after his death. This isn't true. The Morrisons brought suit against the Coursons after Pamela's death in a bid to receive a share of their son's estate - and they won. The Morrisons and Coursons got 50% each of Jim and Pamela's estates - and their own estates still do. Pamela's father, Corky Courson was made executor. He too, like Jim's parents, is now deceased as well as his wife, so I don't know who has control over the estate now. I assume Jim's sister and brother, and Pamela's siblings now receive royalties from the estate since the deaths respectively of their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    I am kinda confused about the "leasing" of a grave... I mean IF they didn't renew, would they have dug him up and moved him? Is that common practice out there?

I know in the US once your buy your plot you are there, unless some big housing project comes and buys you out and moves the stones and not the graves and builds house's on you... Then tenants get sucked into TVS and Tree's...

Oh sorry - got carried away...
    In france you can buy a burial site for 15 years up to perpetuity, but the local townhall can remove tombs (the bones are placed in a charnel house) if they are classed as abandoned or in Jim's case there were complaints from snobby parisians about too many poeple visiting his grave

I agree FaeryQuene. Jim was drunk, stoned - basically out of it - when their alleged marriage took place. She convinced him to play a game while high. The 'let's have a wedding' game. Then she changed her name to his. It wasn't a legal wedding in any sense of the word. Don't you have to know what you are consenting to? I doubt that he did. Pamela was his true love. Patricia was a wanna-be, and did horrible things and called it a wedding.

'My ex killed Jim Morrison', Marianne Faithfull tells interview

London (AFP) - British singer Marianne Faithfull has told an interviewer her former boyfriend accidentally killed iconic rock singer Jim Morrison of The Doors 43 years ago.

Morrison was found dead aged 27 in July 1971 in the bathroom of his Paris apartment, and no autopsy was performed on his body.

Faithfull told Mojo magazine that her then-boyfriend Jean de Breteuil, known as the heroin dealer to the stars, had accidentally killed Morrison by giving him drugs that were too strong.

The couple had travelled to Paris, and on their arrival de Breteuil said he had to visit Morrison's apartment. Faithfull stayed behind at their hotel.

"I could intuitively feel trouble," Faithfull told the magazine. "I thought, I'll take a few Tuinal (barbiturates) and I won't be there."

"And he went to see Jim Morrison and killed him. I mean I’m sure it was an accident. Poor bastard. The smack (heroin) was too strong? Yeah. And he died... everybody connected to the death of this poor guy is dead now. Except me."

De Breteuil himself was found dead in Morocco some weeks after Morrison's death.

http://news.yahoo.com/ex-killed-jim-...195203019.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Who knows?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hard to tell isn't it? Marianne has never been a fame whore, so she could be on the up and up, but as you commented, who knows? I bet she does know where a lot of skeletons are buried though. As well as who and what they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Could be true. Dang, if she had such a bad feeling about that night a shame she did not try to stop her boyfriend....or at least go with him. If this is true I feel she could have stopped JM's death. But...who the heck knows.

MissZoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post

"I could intuitively feel trouble," Faithfull told the magazine. "I thought, I'll take a few Tuinal (barbiturates) and I won't be there."
    Well, that seems like a perfectly normal response to that sense of looming trouble.

Or not. Definitely one or the other, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MissZoot View Post
    Well, that seems like a perfectly normal response to that sense of looming trouble.

Or not. Definitely one or the other, though.
    Everything is so clear with 20/20 hindsight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LOL MissZoot.

I heard a story about the death of Jimi Hendrix sort of like that. His girlfriend said the heroin had to have been really strong for him to OD. So she did the logical thing when she saw him OD, she called Eric Burden. He told her to call an ambulance. Why wouldn't she call the ambulance first? You never know if those wasted minutes might have been the difference between life or death.

MissZoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Everything is so clear with 20/20 hindsight.
    Well, except through Tuinal goggles.

Or Quaalude googles.

Good points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1karenhb Guest
    Recently read that Pamela (Courson) Morrison's mother died recently in Santa Barbara, CA. Pamela was only mentioned as having pre deceased her. Donations were requested to the Jim Morrison Film Studies program at either UCLA or USC (can't remember which.)

Jimbo is said to have been left in a body bag in his bed, with dry ice for a while.A death certificate could not be gotten so no burial.....................
    Last edited by GEM; 02-01-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Has anyone noticed the ongoing war of words between Patricia Kennealy and Janet Erwin? Erwin has an article posted on The Doors Collectors Magazine entitled, 'Your Ballroom Days Are Over, Baby." This is purportedly in response to Kennealy calling herself Jim's wife and shows the "real truth" about Kennealy's stories about Jim's "eternal" love for Patricia. This is two women in their early 70s still fighting over their flings with the Lizard King. It's an online soap opera.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Jimbo is said to have been left in a body bag in his bed, with dry ice for a while.A death certificate could not be gotten so no burial.....................
    there was a death certificate:

Last edited by cash; 08-16-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    My personal opinion (not worth much, I know) is that Jim is definitely dead. It just seems inconceivable to me that he could go anywhere in the world and not be recognized, given his fame, fan base and striking good looks. But think about this: what if he WAS still alive? Can you imagine how much that grave space in Pere Lachaise would go for having been Jim's "mystery resting place" all these years?!

I'm anxious to read some of the other biographies about Jim that have been mentioned in this thread. I read No One Here Gets Out Alive a long time ago, and I remember thinking to myself that JM sounded like a complete and utter bastard, LOL. He sure enjoyed manipulating people.
    I just recalled a passage of No One Here Gets Out Alive. Jim financed an upscale imported clothing boutique for Pam that was called Themis. Jim and some friends had been drinking and a very intoxicated Lizard King entered the shop. He saw a sister of one of his friends and made the following remark about the young woman's breasts,
    "Whoopeee! Looka those tits!" A busty, matronly looking woman was shopping and took umbrage at Morrison's remark. She chased Jim around the shop, whacking him with her purse.'
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

The boy was bloated and ugly at 25 years old, with no chance of going back.

As far as rapidly fading looks go, I claim that Jim Morrison was the masculine equivalent of Lindsay Lohan.

J.

Batshit crazy for sure, but he was a beautiful man. Heard Janis Joplin cold cocked him at a party for being an asshole, Oh to be a fly on THAT wall... 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Batshit crazy for sure, but he was a beautiful man. Heard Janis Joplin cold cocked him at a party for being an asshole, Oh to be a fly on THAT wall... 
    Heard the same thing. IIRC he ha a thang for her.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD