Thread: Former President Jimmy Carter

Former President Jimmy Carter

An airport spokeswoman says former President Jimmy Carter has been hospitalized in Cleveland.

Carter was a passenger on a commercial flight to Cleveland on Tuesday morning and became ill.
    Jackie Mayo, a spokeswoman at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, says Carter was taken off the plane by rescue crews

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...ics&id=7693646
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Now they are trying to say he was just airsick.

An ambulance met the Delta aircraft Carter had been traveling on when it landed just after 11:30 a.m. this morning at the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, according to the airport's public information officer Jacqueline Mayo.
    "Former President Jimmy Carter was taken by ambulance to MetroHealth Hospital when he landed," said Mayo.

Mayo was not sure whether Carter, 85, was taken off the plane on a stretcher.
    MetroHealth Center has deferred all Carter inquiries to The Carter Center.
    A volunteer at the Carter Center in Atlanta, Ga., told ABC News that the former president is not suffering from life-threatening injuries and had just fallen "air sick" on the flight to Cleveland, where he was scheduled to appear at a signing for his new book, "White House Diary."
    "He threw up, he was air sick when he got off the plane," said Carter Center volunteer Bernice Moore. "He was not hospitalized."

You'd think he could just use the little white bag you find in the seat pocket like everyone else.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

orionova Guest
    He's 85 and a former president. Doctors tend to go overboard with a patient like that. Better safe than sorry, I suppose.

He is getting on a bit in years. Better to be safe than sorry.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Jimmy Carter remains in Ohio hospital for observation

Meghan Barr / Associated Press

Cleveland -- Former President Jimmy Carter, feeling normal and hoping to resume a book publicity tour soon, remained in an Ohio hospital today after doctors recommended additional observation following an overnight stay for an upset stomach.
    "Carter is feeling normal this morning," Christina Karas, spokeswoman at MetroHealth Medical Center said today. "His doctors at MetroHealth Medical Center recommended additional observation during the day. He looks forward to resuming his schedule as soon as possible."
    Advertisement

It was not immediately clear if Carter would attend two scheduled events in Washington later today, including one at the Smithsonian Institution, to promote his book "White House Diary." A message left for the publicity manager at Carter's publisher was not immediately returned.

Book signings in a Cleveland suburb and Durham, N.C., were canceled Tuesday when the 85-year-old Carter fell ill on a flight to Cleveland.
    Carter's grandson, Georgia state Sen. Jason Carter, said Tuesday his grandfather was doing fine.
    "He's definitely resting comfortably and expected to continue his book tour this week," Jason Carter said. "I haven't talked to him, but nobody in the family is concerned."
    On Tuesday, Karas said Carter was fully alert and participating in all decision-making related to his care, and that the decision to admit him overnight was purely precautionary.
    Carter was a passenger on a Delta Air Lines flight from Atlanta to Cleveland when he became ill. After the plane landed, he was taken off by rescue crews, said Jackie Mayo, a spokeswoman at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
    He was wheeled into an emergency room at MetroHealth on a stretcher and later was up and walking around, said Mary Atkins, who had taken her daughter to the hospital for medical treatment and saw Carter from a nearby room.
    "He walked by the room and he was saying he was ready to go," she said. "They had Secret Service everywhere."
    President Barack Obama called Carter from Air Force One as he traveled from New Mexico to Wisconsin, White House spokesman Bill Burton said. Carter was feeling great, Burton said.
    About 500 people had waited in line Tuesday afternoon at Joseph-Beth Booksellers in suburban Lyndhurst, where Carter was scheduled to sign copies of his book. The event was later canceled, as was a Tuesday night appearance at the Regulator Bookshop in Durham, N.C.

"It's crazy for an 85-year-old guy to fly ... just to sign some books," Regulator Bookshop co-owner John Valentine said. "He's a brave guy. His health is most important."

In the book, Carter said he pursued an overly aggressive agenda as president that may have confused voters and alienated lawmakers. But he said the tipping points that cost him the 1980 election were the Iran hostage crisis and the Democratic primary challenge by U.S. Sen. Ted Kennedy.

Carter, a former peanut farmer elected to the White House in 1976, has spent his recent years pursuing peace and human rights, efforts that won him the Nobel Peace Prize in 2002

Edna St. Vincent Millay

More than one night? I think it's more than simple air sickness.

Former president Jimmy Carter will remain in a Cleveland hospital tonight, a day after a bout of air sickness.A statement from the Carter Center in Atlanta:
    Former president Jimmy Carter will remain at MetroHealth Medical Center overnight. His medical team continues to observe his progress. President Carter is in very good spirits, appreciates all the good wishes being sent his way and looks forward to getting back to his busy schedule. We expect this to be the only update until tomorrow morning.
    President Carter was admitted to MetroHealth yesterday after developing an upset stomach on a flight to Cleveland.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/pres...elebrity/69394

Edna St. Vincent Millay

orionova Guest
    He could be suffering from dehydration caused by air sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    An airport spokeswoman says former President Jimmy Carter has been hospitalized in Cleveland.

Carter was a passenger on a commercial flight to Cleveland on Tuesday morning and became ill.
    Jackie Mayo, a spokeswoman at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, says Carter was taken off the plane by rescue crews

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...ics&id=7693646
    I think Jimmy Carter is one of the best post Presidents with
    all the work him and his wife did with stuff like Habitat for Humanity.

Just hope all the best for him.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Bidmor Guest
    Politics aside, I always regarded Carter as a Christian gentleman. He never seemed to fit into what's now called the Washington cartel. After he left office, in addition to hooking up with Habitat For Humanity, Carter returned to teaching a Sunday School class at the Baptist Church in Plains.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Politics aside, I always regarded Carter as a Christian gentleman. He never seemed to fit into what's now called the Washington cartel. After he left office, in addition to hooking up with Habitat For Humanity, Carter returned to teaching a Sunday School class at the Baptist Church in Plains.
    I feel the same way. He was a weak president but the strongest of character.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    I agree....he was a family guy with values.......but dear god was he a bad president. The 5th worst ever
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

I hope they don't subject this 90 year old man to chemo/radiation. Let him die with dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    I agree....he was a family guy with values.......but dear god was he a bad president. The 5th worst ever
    Word!
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Hockeywife Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    I hope they don't subject this 90 year old man to chemo/radiation. Let him die with dignity.
    They let Jackie O do it much younger

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Indeed. He was a fairly effective ambassador post presidency but when he would start opinionating about foreign and domestic policies it was cringe worthy.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Indeed. He was a fairly effective ambassador post presidency but when he would start opinionating about foreign and domestic policies it was cringe worthy.
    I always thought he had a streak of anti-semitism in him.

He pissed me off when he bashed W at Coretta Scott King's funeral because that wasn't the place for it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I only wish him the best in the World.(Think he is a great person)

91 years old today - will he live to see another one ??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0af3706dfc40e

I always thought he had a streak of anti-semitism in him.
    How so?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Bidmor Guest
    Thanks for your post, cash. Carter appears to be doing very well, under the circumstances, for a man of 91. He also comes across as truly putting his future in God's hands, whatever may come.

His presidency was marked by bad decisions, the ultimate was the Iranian hostage situation and failed rescue attempt. I don't believe Carter had much of an idea of what he was getting into becoming president, probably not following the elites' "advice" due to his own moral compass, then subsequently followed intentional bad advice from his Cabinet which was designed to pave the way for the faux American savior Ronald Reagan, the role for him which was constructed by the elites. Scuttlebutt is that a Reagan campaign higher-up (James Baker?) cut a deal with Iran to hold off releasing the hostages until immediately after Reagan was sworn in, making for terrific political theater...or soap opera if you prefer.

I remember well, during the post inaugural luncheon, Reagan announcing a plane with all the hostages had just left Iranian air space, heading for Germany I believe it was. Oh the Iranians were shaking in their sandals, fearing what the new John Wayne President Reagan might do what the "weakling" Carter didn't.

Geez. Right out of the movies.

gottaqhfilly Guest
    I can't wait to see this virulent anti-semite, koranimal loving POS in the dead file.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    How so?
    He was an anti-semite, when he wrote his bio all the Jewish people who worked for him quit out of disgust. Post Presidency he made a trip to Israel and they refused to give him security.
    Main articles: Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid and Commentary on Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid
    See also: Israel and the apartheid analogy
    In a 2007 speech to Brandeis University, Carter stated: "I have spent a great deal of my adult life trying to bring peace to Israel and its neighbors, based on justice and righteousness for the Palestinians. These are the underlying purposes of my new book."[134]
    In his book Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid, published in November 2006, Carter states:
    Israel's continued control and colonization of Palestinian land have been the primary obstacles to a comprehensive peace agreement in the Holy Land.[135]
    He declares that Israel's current policies in the Palestinian territories constitute "a system of apartheid, with two peoples occupying the same land, but completely separated from each other, with Israelis totally dominant and suppressing violence by depriving Palestinians of their basic human rights."[135] In an Op-Ed titled "Speaking Frankly about Israel and Palestine," published in the Los Angeles Times and other newspapers, Carter states:
    Last edited by Jerseysucks; 03-08-2016 at 04:38 PM.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Glad he is doing better today.

Former President Jimmy Carter hospitalized with broken pelvis after fall.This is a bad sign for the old guy. He will lose mobility and then he gets a bad cold and then pnuemonia.

https://torontosun.com/news/world/fo...5-430fcd15dc5f

Well, the article said "minor fracture" and he's in the hospital under observation and "looking forward to recovering at home." But, you never know what something like that will swing in an olden person.
    Last edited by cindyt; 10-23-2019 at 02:05 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

True, a "minor fracture" is a big thing for a person
    at 95 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    True, a "minor fracture" is a big thing for a person
    at 95 years old.
    Indeed.
    "Waking up" and being aware of it is a pretty significant event at 95 too.

Good luck and best wishes to him.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Jimmy Carter in hospital for brain procedure

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50384658

They're finally putting one in?
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Just hope all the best for him, because he is what a good
    true, kind Christian person is.

I see he is to begin home hospice care.
    Just hope the best.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I see he is to begin home hospice care.
    Just hope the best.
    When Hospice is called in, it means the person is on thier way out and no hoping for the best, just hoping they pass quickly and don't linger.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    When Hospice is called in, it means the person is on thier way out and no hoping for the best, just hoping they pass quickly and don't linger.
    So true.

My mother has been in hospice in a nursing home for six months now. She has outlived one of her hospice nurses. I think the home is milking her insurance.
    There is hope in my heart that JC hits triple digits.

My mom was in hospice for three years, before she passed, they kept saying she was going to die any day now. Yes when hospice is called it, it's usually at end of life.