Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Valentines Day

SistaSara Guest

Valentines Day

I have one but I cant post it here. Its FLAWLESS! Damn the forum rules.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

More Cheese Please Guest

GhostWorld Guest
    I'm a sucker for the Simpsons

natbrat76 Guest

Happy Early Valentines to all you Death Hags!

This is a perfect Valentine!

divaghosty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by natbrat76 View Post
    Happy Valentine's Day to you too!!

LMAO!! is that you and Danny??? Ya'll really do take the whole death haggery thing to a new level!

Speaking of Valentine's Day-Target has the cutest set of Hello Kitty collectors edition Pez dispeners! They come in a cute little tin box. I couldn't resist getting it for my daughter. LOL

natbrat76 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by divaghosty View Post
    Happy Valentine's Day to you too!!

LMAO!! is that you and Danny??? Ya'll really do take the whole death haggery thing to a new level!

Speaking of Valentine's Day-Target has the cutest set of Hello Kitty collectors edition Pez dispeners! They come in a cute little tin box. I couldn't resist getting it for my daughter. LOL
    Yes...we posed for the pic! LOL

I'll have to stop off at Target to pick up the Hello Kitty Pez! I love Hello Kitty...and so does my little one.

magblax Guest
    Natbrat . That is a billboard from a church in our town that was really controversial. The church was doing a series of sermons called "Bringing Sexy Back" for the Youth Group. People were outraged. The original doesn't have the toetags, so I like your version way better! AWESOME~

MorbidMolly Guest
    PERFECT !!!!!!!!! LMAO.......

natbrat76 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    Natbrat . That is a billboard from a church in our town that was really controversial. The church was doing a series of sermons called "Bringing Sexy Back" for the Youth Group. People were outraged. The original doesn't have the toetags, so I like your version way better! AWESOME~
    Hilarious that a church put that up! The toetags definitely give it the perfect touch!

magblax Guest
    Hilarious that a church put that up! The toetags definitely give it the perfect touch!
    Here is a link I found (not the church link) about the "Bringing Sexy Back" theme. http://www.dawneden.com/2007/08/their-daily-bed.html

Reecy Guest
    Happy Valentines Day to all.

Celebrating Valentine's Day! Or Not.

I just got to open mine. A collection of Ed Wood movies! VERY pleased. I'd tell you what I got my hubby, but he hasn't gotten it yet, and he might read this. How do other Hags celebrate? Or do you give it a pass?

Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    I just got to open mine. A collection of Ed Wood movies! VERY pleased. I'd tell you what I got my hubby, but he hasn't gotten it yet, and he might read this. How do other Hags celebrate? Or do you give it a pass?

SORRY! Wrong Forum! Can somebody move this? Thanks!

kelbons Guest
    OK, this is just me, but (WARNING: RANT!) I think that Valentine's Day is just for the ladies! We were talking about this at work earlier too...

I think that if you choose to celebrate Valentine's, flowers should be required. And it should be mandatory that the husband/boyfriend have them delivered to your place of work. LOL

Can you tell I'm bitter about this holiday? I've had two totally terrible Valentine's Days, so that may explain it. Men.

I haven't gotten my husband anything yet, but I'm getting him an adaptor to play his MP3 player in his car. I think I'm getting a scrapbook storage system that I've been wanting. Or a gift card to get it myself. Either way, I doubt the dork will send flowers. We got our daughter the Aristocats DVD. She loves that movie!

divaghosty Guest
    We always get the kids something for Valentines Day but we don't exchange gifts or go out to dinner (super crowded restaurant?? no thank you! LOL) My birthday is right after Christmas and our anniversary is in March so that's enough celebrating for us.

I think Valentines is for the ladies myself. ONCE she sent me flowers at work. I worked at a friggin Air Freight Dock/Warehouse. I had to roll up the Newspaper and swat her on the snout and say no in a firm and loud voice. She got earrings and a purse this year.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    My husband asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day and I told him I just want to be left alone.
    I'm such a joy to be around.

smooches27 Guest
    I'm single, so nothing special for Valentine's Day for me. My parents and my papa (grandpa) usually send me flowers, so that will brighten the day!!

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    My husband asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day and I told him I just want to be left alone.
    I'm such a joy to be around.
    HAAAAAAAAAA awesome

l already got my prezzie in the mail.
    happy valentine's day to me!
    Last edited by Finnegan; 02-12-2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: added pic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i'm not picky about valentines day at all, last year was the first year that i've ever gotten anything. i got flowers delivered to work, and a diamond necklace. i dont expect this year to go the same (although with the wonderful boyfriend i managed to snag i think it will.) i dont think anything is mandatory, and i plan on getting something for matthew as well, as i did last year, he got beer, those chocolate covered cherries, a new coffee mug full of tootsie rolls, he loves those. if i'd of known i was getting diamonds, i would of gotten him something better!
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

don't_axe_me Guest
    A couple of weeks ago, my honey and I were out shopping and I saw a necklace I liked and jokingly asked him to buy it for me as an "early Valentine's gift". He did. Last week we were out again, and he surprised me with a sweet ring with a couple of little hearts on it. As he put it on me, he said "Happy early Valentine". This morning, he asked me what I want for Valentine's Day. I reminded him that he had already gotten me two pieces of jewelry, earmarked as such. He simply replied, "Oh, those were pre-Valentine's gifts just because I love you." Like my mom said, he's a keeper.

divaghosty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by don't_axe_me View Post
    A couple of weeks ago, my honey and I were out shopping and I saw a necklace I liked and jokingly asked him to buy it for me as an "early Valentine's gift". He did. Last week we were out again, and he surprised me with a sweet ring with a couple of little hearts on it. As he put it on me, he said "Happy early Valentine". This morning, he asked me what I want for Valentine's Day. I reminded him that he had already gotten me two pieces of jewelry, earmarked as such. He simply replied, "Oh, those were pre-Valentine's gifts just because I love you." Like my mom said, he's a keeper.
    That is so sweet!! Your mom is right!

poppie Guest
    I was in a major department store and saw an over 50, unattractive, short, bald, belly pooched looking troll with a red Victoria Secret type, very small garment on a hanger in his hot little hand. OMG!!! But then, I thought again how sweet of him. He is in heat/lust/love and I hope she returns that affection. After all, it is not the beauty, it is the booty. I wish them a very Happy Valentine's Day.

sunshine2828 Guest
    My hubby's B-day is the day after Valentines day so we keep it pretty low key and do dinner at home, exchange cards and drink some champagne!

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by poppie View Post
    I was in a major department store and saw an over 50, unattractive, short, bald, belly pooched looking troll with a red Victoria Secret type, very small garment on a hanger in his hot little hand. OMG!!! But then, I thought again how sweet of him. He is in heat/lust/love and I hope she returns that affection. After all, it is not the beauty, it is the booty. I wish them a very Happy Valentine's Day.
    Maybe he was buying it to wear himself.

halogirl5 Guest
    I'm going to get him a card but he refuses to celebrate it.

spoiledkitty Guest
    I told mine to just think of something uber sweet and loving to do, without the rest of his family tagging along, he still has to dig his way out of the doghouse he has buried himself under this past weekend.

Lita Guest
    I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. I'm still bitter with the miscrient I lived with 5 or 6 years ago! Does this make me a bad person?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by halogirl5 View Post
    Don't tell me anymore about him. He sounds like a swell guy. (NOT) I'm waiting for you to meet a wonderful guy & fall in love.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I think Valentines is for the ladies myself. ONCE she sent me flowers at work. I worked at a friggin Air Freight Dock/Warehouse. I had to roll up the Newspaper and swat her on the snout and say no in a firm and loud voice. She got earrings and a purse this year.
    That's hilarious!!!

I got some things early for Vday. Just randomness I wanted. I got hubby cash for his Harley & some books for my son. We may go out to eat...or maybe not. LOL you never know. I am going to be a busy bee getting things baked & prepared for my school kids though. I'm melting crayons & making cute shapes, bagging m&ms in pretty bags, making candy covered pretzels, valentines with convo hearts, um...and something else I forget.

panda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by halogirl5 View Post
    Is this the same guy who refused your marriage proposal?

Bake Guest
    I might get my daughter a candy bar. Seems to me its more for "couples" and since I'm not a couple..I don't bother...how you say...bah humbug...oh wait..thats Christmas!!

Snoopy Guest
    I give my husband a little something and my son a little something..I'll cook nice meal that night (Probably Chicken Risotto!) and my husband and I are going out to eat Saturday night..we always avoid the Valentines crowd by going to dinner the weekend before or after!

AlaskaDeathHag Guest
    Here's a pic of my gift from him.
    He gets a trip to St. Paul in May to see his favorite bands play a show. (Children of Bodom, In Flames, Megadeath, etc).

I'm sure there'll be flowers on my desk Thurs or Fri too... always are!

36. 02-12-2008, 01:35 PM

Elizabeth Guest

So Cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    HAAAAAAAAAA awesome

l already got my prezzie in the mail.
    happy valentine's day to me!
    I love this little guy!!!

Elizabeth Guest

Worst

I will be celebrating this year....

BUT, nine years ago, I was dating this guy and he went out with another woman. On Valentine's Day. After we made plans.

Ouch. Kinda put a damper on the whole holiday.

Xtine Guest
    we (my BF and I) don't really celebrate.
    our anniversary is on 02/21 so we wait to celebrate then.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Personally, not celebrating this year.

And, I don't mean to make the guys here mad at me; but I believe that flowers should be at least a once a month thing for no particular reason; in addition to the special occasions.

This is totally OT, but Cleanskull's comment about the Air Freight Dock\Warehouse reminded me of something that happened a few years ago.

My truck was in the shop and one of my employees offered to drop me off to pick it up. We pulled up in front of this auto shop full of mechanics. I went to open the door to get out...guess what...the door won't open from the inside. He jumps out; runs around the car to open the door; while I am frantically rolling down the window to open it from the outside.

I told him jeeze, these guys see you opening the door for me; they'll be waiting to see if you kiss me goodbye!

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Personally, not celebrating this year.

And, I don't mean to make the guys here mad at me; but I believe that flowers should be at least a once a month thing for no particular reason; in addition to the special occasions.

This is totally OT, but Cleanskull's comment about the Air Freight Dock\Warehouse reminded me of something that happened a few years ago.

My truck was in the shop and one of my employees offered to drop me off to pick it up. We pulled up in front of this auto shop full of mechanics. I went to open the door to get out...guess what...the door won't open from the inside. He jumps out; runs around the car to open the door; while I am frantically rolling down the window to open it from the outside.

I told him jeeze, these guys see you opening the door for me; they'll be waiting to see if you kiss me goodbye!
    And here I was JimC expecting something from you..... since I am staring in all those movies...

Poor me. Tomorrow will be just another day then.

Reecy Guest
    I use to celebrate but now it's ho hum.... He'll get a gift but nothing like I use to give him before.

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    And here I was JimC expecting something from you..... since I am staring in all those movies...

Poor me. Tomorrow will be just another day then.

Not celebrating on THIS continent; but in Oz; how could I not!

Attachment 3468

Flowergrrl Guest
    No. I'm single but, it doesn't really matter because I've never been with a guy that wanted to celebrate it with me.

They always use the crumby "other 364 days" excuse... Ha, please... What planet are they living on?!

My parents give me more candy and gifts anyway.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Not celebrating on THIS continent; but in Oz; how could I not!

Attachment 3468
    Well I am printing that out and putting it on my desk.

Thanks JimC, I am sure I will give you something special in return tonight.

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    Maybe I'm not very girly about it, but I think V Day is a Hallmark holiday....devised to get men to spend a bunch of money just because they're "supposed to" and not because they are expressing real sentiment. I'll take a bunch of hand-picked wildflowers on any day of the week, just because, over store-bought roses. Then again, I guess wildflowers are pretty hard to come by in February. lol

Oddly enough, I am a big sap over other holidays. lol Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    Well I am printing that out and putting it on my desk.

Thanks JimC, I am sure I will give you something special in return tonight.
    They are MUCH bigger in real life; I'm looking at them now.

And hey!...I ordered four dozen...and some diamonds; I won't trust this international florist\jeweler again.

I spent $4000.00 for this? Gotta trust the home folks every time and not wait until the last minute to order.

Oh, and my close friends just call me Jim. That "C" is for the people who refer to me as "Mr." JimC.

In keeping with the thread, P, do you celebrate the Day or no?

I don't celebrate "Single Awareness Day"...

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I don't celebrate "Single Awareness Day"...
    haaaaaaa good one
    and here l was thinking that it didn't matter who people loved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kugmu Guest
    Not
    Really hope that nobody is going to be at the laundry mat

dovescry1999 Guest
    I'm single...
    But, I have to tell you, the last guy that wanted to date me, told me he doesn't believe in things like that. Meaning birthday cards, Valentines Day. I told him, if he couldn't even spend .99 cents on me, he could fuck himself.
    Cheap bastard...
    No...I'm O.K. I got it out of my...Where the fuck is my gun ?