Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mindy McCready

Never heard of her.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Never heard of her.

Mindy was a U.S. country music singer.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

I am sad, but not surprised... I can't imagine being so upset over a man to leave my children. I'm sorry, I just can't. I know it's a mental illness and drugs and alcohol yadda yadda yadda, but it's selfish and it is her boys who will have to carry that burden for the rest of their lives...
    My Posse's On Broadway

NewYorkDoll Guest
    echoing what others have said, thank goodness CPS took the kids away or she'd have killed them too.

The Father of her oldest son before her death: http://news.yahoo.com/video/mindy-mc...042446328.html

Man I am glad her kids were NOT with her....
    My Posse's On Broadway

So glad her children were not with her...so glad! She shot her dog...what might have happened with her kids. I'm sorry she had so many problems, but I am so angry when someone kills themselves and believe they have the right to take other lives.
    Hurry back...hurry back...don't forget to bring your....death certificate!! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

7. 02-18-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedkitten View Post
    Wasn't it Mindy that had the seizure and fell off the bed when they both were talking and Mackenzie thought she was fucking about at first?

Cant really say I'm surprised at all.
    You have a good memory. Now that you brought it up, I vaguely recall a scene where Mindy's body became rigid and she did not respond to Mackenzie and Mackenzie thought she was joking at first and then she called for help.

As someone already mentioned, why were the kids in foster care? Why were they not taken to family? Why in the hell is the ex on tv talking about getting his child back? Get your ass from Tampa on a plane to Arkansas? Wtf?

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SRVFan View Post
    As opposed to the other way around?

Bayou Queen Guest
    I agree LLC, the father of the older child should taken care of that child the moment he went into Foster Care and not waited from the Mother to kill herself. In fact, it would be the right thing to do not to separate these two children. Hopefully someone decent will come to the aid of these boys. As Lady Day would sing, God Bless the Child!

This is from a t.v. station in Little Rock.

http://www.katv.com/video

Bayou Queen Guest
    Sunshine, we had the same thought at the same time, whatcha thinking now, and now and now???

Odd that she would kill herself on the front porch, in public and use a gun, a lot of women, don't want to make a mess when they kill themselves and they don't want to do it in a public place, most will go inside and take pills, or slit their wrists, A. They Don't want to leave a mess for a loved one or someone to clean up. 2. Most women are afraid of guns and the pain. 3. They don't want just anyone to find their dead body and gawk at it. She may have killed herself, but my senses are tingling.

Its so sad. She was so pretty & saw her on Celeb Rehab and from what I remember she had that seizure. She had depression & I think Bipolar but I could be wrong &

2: funny you mention in general women don't want a mess to clean up- I personally being depressed and thought about it before, don't give a rat's ass about my mother or whomever finding me and cleaning it up. she is mostly the reason for me to do it. But I digress .....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    I agree LLC, the father of the older child should taken care of that child the moment he went into Foster Care and not waited from the Mother to kill herself. In fact, it would be the right thing to do not to separate these two children. Hopefully someone decent will come to the aid of these boys. As Lady Day would sing, God Bless the Child!

This is from a t.v. station in Little Rock.

http://www.katv.com/video
    the father already has the child. im not sure about the youngest child though. I wonder who has been taking care of the youngest.
    Last edited by RebelRocker; 02-18-2013 at 08:35 AM.

It was only a matter of time. Very sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

smk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    Sad. Dr. Drew does not have a great track record with the celebs. MAYBE because they should go to an actual rehab where they are not filmed and exploited for ratings.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I hope the good Dr. does some soul-searching in light of this latest and horrific tragedy...

Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    Was she a suspect in her boyfriends death?
    No, his death was an obvious suicide.

MissZoot Guest
    She's one of the few celebrities for whom I've always kind of felt sorry-some people are not constitutionally suited to be celebs, but happen to be really good at something that makes them famous. Like Montgomery Clift and Marilyn Monroe, it seems like the thing that Mindy loved doing forced her to be something she wasn't. I was never a big fan of hers, but it is still hard to watch someone self-destruct like that.

its been reported she shot her dog, then herself..... poor thing. I hope shes in a better place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    That's a pretty low thing to do. If she had her kids with her, she probably would have killed them too... Just a guess, but who shoots their dog just because they're wanting to end it?!!
    That's what I was thinking, too. I don't feel as sorry for her as I did. Sorry. But, fucking gah. Go if you must--I understand that--but don't take another being with you.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    Sunshine, we had the same thought at the same time, whatcha thinking now, and now and now???
    Maybe the dog got sick of her shot her and then himself

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    its been reported she shot her dog, then herself..... poor thing. I hope shes in a better place.
    It doesn't surprise me. People who either attempt or commit suicide aren't exactly rational.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Makes me think of Hannah and her Sisters, where the lady killed herself and her cat because she was afraid of being alone

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    Makes me think of Hannah and her Sisters, where the lady killed herself and her cat because she was afraid of being alone
    I haven't seen that movie in years. You never know what goes on in the irrational mind when they off themselves and don't leave a note. Could be she did look at it that way though. I guess we'll never know if there's no note or if she didn't talk about it with anyone before doing the double deed.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    Mike Starr
    Jeff Conaway
    Rodney King
    Mindy McCready

All of their deaths make me feel so sad after seeing their struggles on Celebrity Rehab.....May they all rest in peace......
    You forgot Joey Covar so thats 5

the ultimate outcome of untreated depression is suicide. if you feel hopeless get help, it can be overcome. once the depressed person 'starts to feel better', as was in this case, its an indication that the depressed person has already made a plan, and feels the resolve to go thru with it. no romantic notes left behind. in my opinion, she not only killed herself, she killed her kids, her parents, her fans, even her poor little dog, and now everyone is paying for her stupidity. suicide is such a selfish hopeless act. i certainly have felt close to it, many years ago, but it scared me so much when my mind was ruminating about wanting to be dead, that i sought help. it was the most difficult undertaking in my life, but i got help. she could have to.
    Last edited by hell0kitty; 02-18-2013 at 01:17 PM.
    pull the string!

One of my best friend had a friend who committed suicide. She told me that suicide "is the ultimate temper tantrum". Not sure how I feel about that. But I agree with other
    death hags, I think if her kids were there, she would have taken them with her.

suicide and depression are different for everyone. Its sad that people have to categorize it in one way. Not everyone writes a suicide note, not everyone has to have a "clean" suicide to prevent someone from cleaning up......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    Maybe the dog got sick of her shot her and then himself
    L to the O to the L.

AussieBec Guest
    It's so sad..It's amazing how quickly a person with depression can just be ok one day and totally go downhill the next it's very very sad that she left behind the kids and couldn't find a way out for the sake of them

dia846 Guest
    Her boyfriend (father of their 10 month old baby) was reported to have committed suicide in January on the very same front porch where she also shot herself. Possibly that is why she chose that outdoor location.

My thoughts are with all of her family and friends, most especially her two little boys.

KristinEileen Guest
    I'm not convinced that Billy McKnight should have their child...He was charged with the attempted murder of Mindy back in May of 2005. He beat the hell out of her and almost killed her... She then proceeded to have a child with him which I suppose is part of the depression and drug addiction..Billy was also a drug addict. She was a train waiting to derail....It's unfortunate that she could never seem to get her stuff together....

http://www.oprah.com/relationships/M...eadly-Denial/2

Quote Originally Posted by KristinEileen View Post
    I'm not convinced that Billy McKnight should have their child...He was charged with the attempted murder of Mindy back in May of 2005. He beat the hell out of her and almost killed her... She then proceeded to have a child with him which I suppose is part of the depression and drug addiction..Billy was also a drug addict. She was a train waiting to derail....It's unfortunate that she could never seem to get her stuff together....

http://www.oprah.com/relationships/M...eadly-Denial/2
    Anybody know if she had any type of legal contract in place that would allow the child to go to someone else, such as a godparent? Legal contracts override biology if they exist.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Kids are still in foster care.

Her dad told the court since her b/f's suicide she was sleeping all day, drugging, drinking and being verbally abusive to her oldest son.

The older boys father wants him back.

KristinEileen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Anybody know if she had any type of legal contract in place that would allow the child to go to someone else, such as a godparent? Legal contracts override biology if they exist.
    Not sure about that SomeChick. I know that at some point her mother had her oldest son while she was doing a stint in rehab...I doubt that she had the forethought to put anything like that in place...

Sounds to me like DHS and CPS are going to be seriously involved here.

Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    the ultimate outcome of untreated depression is suicide. if you feel hopeless get help, it can be overcome. once the depressed person 'starts to feel better', as was in this case, its an indication that the depressed person has already made a plan, and feels the resolve to go thru with it. no romantic notes left behind. in my opinion, she not only killed herself, she killed her kids, her parents, her fans, even her poor little dog, and now everyone is paying for her stupidity. suicide is such a selfish hopeless act. i certainly have felt close to it, many years ago, but it scared me so much when my mind was ruminating about wanting to be dead, that i sought help. it was the most difficult undertaking in my life, but i got help. she could have to.

Good for you that you sought help. And Mindy seemed to have plenty of people who cared for her and tried to help her in many ways. Probably a lot more offers of help than a non celebrity. Just seems she didn't want it bad enough. It really makes me angry that she would do this to her kids. Thank god that they weren't with her (I also think she may have shot them too). I hope the poor dog didn't feel anything.
    Cindy

I feel for her kids, but this isn't a surprise. i just figured she would od.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Odd that she would kill herself on the front porch, in public and use a gun, a lot of women, don't want to make a mess when they kill themselves and they don't want to do it in a public place, most will go inside and take pills, or slit their wrists, A. They Don't want to leave a mess for a loved one or someone to clean up. 2. Most women are afraid of guns and the pain. 3. They don't want just anyone to find their dead body and gawk at it. She may have killed herself, but my senses are tingling.
    She tried to kill herself like five or six times with pills and alcohol. She was always found by someone which makes me think the other attempts were just cries for help/attention. At the very least, they were dry runs for the real event. Obviously this go round was meant to be successful which is why she likely used a gun. While women typically don't use guns because of the mess/disfiguration factors, women who have a history of suicide attempts will up the ante and use a gun because it's more lethal and there's a lesser chance of survival. Add up her history, the loss of her boyfriend a month ago, losing her kids and her depression and the whole thing makes sense.

I'm also not sure if her porch was really a "public place". I don't know if was the front or back porch but it was where he boyfriend shot himself so I'm guessing it was symbolic. Same with the dog. The dog supposedly found the bullet that killed her boyfriend. Either she resented the shit out of the dog for finding the bullet and killed it or thought of it as some sort of weird link to her boyfriend.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Kids are still in foster care.

Her dad told the court since her b/f's suicide she was sleeping all day, drugging, drinking and being verbally abusive to her oldest son.

The older boys father wants him back.

do you have a link to this information?

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post
    She tried to kill herself like five or six times with pills and alcohol. She was always found by someone which makes me think the other attempts were just cries for help/attention. At the very least, they were dry runs for the real event. Obviously this go round was meant to be successful which is why she likely used a gun. While women typically don't use guns because of the mess/disfiguration factors, women who have a history of suicide attempts will up the ante and use a gun because it's more lethal and there's a lesser chance of survival. Add up her history, the loss of her boyfriend a month ago, losing her kids and her depression and the whole thing makes sense.

I'm also not sure if her porch was really a "public place". I don't know if was the front or back porch but it was where he boyfriend shot himself so I'm guessing it was symbolic. Same with the dog. The dog supposedly found the bullet that killed her boyfriend. Either she resented the shit out of the dog for finding the bullet and killed it or thought of it as some sort of weird link to her boyfriend.

im a woman and i really disagree with this statement. if i was going to off myself and i had a gun, it would be the gun. less chance of survival.

I can't say that most of us were too surprised by the outcome, but I'm puzzled by the comment that the rehab doctor doesn't have a good track record. He's a psychiatrist, right? They don't "fix" people, all they can do is try to help them see how destructive they are being, and suicide is a byproduct of their profession. Unless he led them further into a self-destructive path, he isn't in any way culpable. He didn't "fail" these people, they failed themselves, refusing to take a meaningful lifestyle. Now if someone were accusing Dr Pinsky of being a fame whore, you'll get no argument from me!

The investigation into Mindy's boyfriend's suicide is still ongoing, meaning there are still unanswered questions as to whether he killed himself or she was involved. Allegations of him having an affair have been brought up as a possible motive for her involvement, and if any of this can be substantiated it remains to be seen. I would like to think that she was just simply distraught over losing her lover, but I'm concerned enough to think that if she had information she would be charged, she felt that there was no hope for her future. I guess we'll learn soon enough, I believe the report on the investigation is due out at the end of this month.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

that is a little narrow-minded forgive me, to say psychiatrists are supposed to help "fix" people- yes but no 100% & some people are a bit less treatable. Some are more messed up than others. Depression varies to person. Please forgive me but I just can't stand little remarks that are so narrow minded. Please don't get upset I am only venting here.

And this just revealed : She was working on a anti-suicide video

http://wonderwall.msn.com/music/mind...-1735809.story
    Last edited by Tiffany; 02-18-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eyelovelefteye Guest
    Her house is like an hour away from me. I may go leave candles on her porch, if I do, do yall want pictures?

Wendy A. Guest
    It's really sad news, but in all honesty.. after seeing her on Celebrity Rehab and seeing her have those seizures, I'm surprised she made it as long as she did. I hope he children will be okay.

the dog belonged to the boyfriend(I read)
    maybe she thought they would "all be together" then.
    yeah sure......WHAT ABOUT the KIDs???
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    why does it bother people that she killed her dog? honestly if it was just her and the dog, who would take care of it if she was dead? im just thinking that maybe she was thinking no one would take care of it. that maybe it would go to shelter and be killed anyway. so a quick and painless death for an animal she loved.
    Maybe she thought it would be there waiting for her when she "arrived"; who can say?

We'll all die soon enough without expediting the journey.

I hate it for the kids and families.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

The interview that was played on the "Today" show right after her boyfriend was found dead is very unsettling. When asked if he took his own life or if he was murdered, she stated twice "I don't know". Now, i'm certainly no detective, but that just strikes me as odd. She blinked several times when giving her answer and seemed to be hesitant. I don't know, I would like to believe she had nothing to do with it, but something tells me by the time we know everything, this wil be a movie in the making...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

50. 02-18-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    The interview that was played on the "Today" show right after her boyfriend was found dead is very unsettling. When asked if he took his own life or if he was murdered, she stated twice "I don't know". Now, i'm certainly no detective, but that just strikes me as odd. She blinked several times when giving her answer and seemed to be hesitant. I don't know, I would like to believe she had nothing to do with it, but something tells me by the time we know everything, this wil be a movie in the making...
    Or it could've been schock. Remember, she was a suicidal addict and a public figure with avery fucked up life. Expecting her to act rationally during some interview is I think expecting the impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    why does it bother people that she killed her dog? honestly if it was just her and the dog, who would take care of it if she was dead? im just thinking that maybe she was thinking no one would take care of it. that maybe it would go to shelter and be killed anyway. so a quick and painless death for an animal she loved.

because an innocent dog is a harmless, innocent bystander. If the dog had depression too, fine but we will never know since dogs can't talk so they stand around being helpless animals. Honestly I'm more sad for the kids than the damn dog but still..... that makes it twice the tragedy. And on top of that it was the dead BF's dog
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]