Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Momonas Assassinas - Warning: Dead Pics

Lisamarie Guest
    click on the little black and white pic on my first post

I will never fly after this. Ewwwww.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Lisamarie Guest
    I know scary huh?? So far I really cannot match up any of the band members with the corpses..Im trying to see who is who...then only one I see for sure is the close up shot is the guitarist....still cant find the others.....wonder whos leg that is?? Scary huh??

Sorry, didn't find it particularly gruesome.......!

smooches27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Sorry I didint make it clearer you guys! I suck!! But you know I love me some gory pics!! I was asking myself same questions as well....like whats what in the pics??? And can anyone pin point which band memeber is what bloody corpse?? Im trying ....not real good facial features.....I wonder if they knew what was happening to them?? And the leg pic I hate to say is pretty funny.....

You DO NOT suck hun, you ROCK! This is a great thread!!

Lisamarie Guest
    Thanks!!! I was reading all these and was like oops! Its is a great thead! I love when you have the pics to go along with the story!!

hoxharding Guest
    I couldn't tell which one was which-the bloat doesn't help. I am still thinking of the reporter walking in that area where the bodies had been. He was walking on the bloody ground and getting emotional.
    Then they go back to the perky hosts who smile and end the show for the day. They could of at least looked serious!

Jack Raines Guest
    I'm the one who mentioned them in the thread about offensive celeb death photos.

I used to have a link with a website had the name of each victim under the pic of their corpse, but I haven't been able to find it again.

ozzysmom Guest
    will someone please post a link, I think that may be quicker for those of us who are having trouble....xoxoxox thanks :-)

Jack Raines Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    will someone please post a link, I think that may be quicker for those of us who are having trouble....xoxoxox thanks :-)
    Do you mean this link? http://www.hotvila.com.br/190_Mamonas.htm

ozzysmom Guest
    oh, ok, found it, man I wish I could speak spanish.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    I thought that WIKI aritcle was a little weird, too. Maybe it was a very bad translation?
    I think you may be on to something there MrsW.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I can't find it grrrrr
    Here you go Nov:

From Lisa's first post

Thanks for the story and the links Lisa. I'd never heard of them before either.

Sorry, but I can't figure out who's who either. What a mess! Poor guys.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 04-15-2008 at 03:54 PM.

ozzysmom Guest
    Anybody know why the plane went down??? And, when did this happen?? Is it recent?

Novstrom, click on the picture directly under lisamaries's name in the first post. It will take you right to it. I know, it drove me crazy at first, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

ozzysmom Guest

OMG, how cute is he (or she)....awwwwww

amylynn Guest
    Wow those are really gross!!

Why thank you, Ozzy. That's my baby, Elvis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Tugboat25 Guest
    Is there any chance that, the picture of the body without the head is the Dinho guy?
    Judging from the video of the people heading to the plane, the main guy (Dinho) in the video frame is wearing stripped shorts. In the body photographed, although blood soaked, the headless body may be wearing stripped shorts.
    The body size and frame seems to be a match as well but at this point I am only guessing.
    This is just a tragedy all the way around. I hope they rest peacefully.

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Why thank you, Ozzy. That's my baby, Elvis.
    just so cute and precious...kiss Elivs for me

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Is there any chance that, the picture of the body without the head is the Dinho guy?
    Judging from the video of the people heading to the plane, the main guy (Dinho) in the video frame is wearing stripped shorts. In the body photographed, although blood soaked, the headless body may be wearing stripped shorts.
    The body size and frame seems to be a match as well but at this point I am only guessing.
    This is just a tragedy all the way around. I hope they rest peacefully.
    I wish there were pics of them (all of them) before getting aboard the plane. Then, I think it would be easier to match them up...

So so sad, anybody know why the plane went down...haven't seen any info on that.
    Last edited by ozzysmom; 04-15-2008 at 05:28 PM.

hotmama Guest
    never heard of them.

Tebssis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Nice pics. Never heard of them. Think I'll have chopped brisket for lunch.
    chopped brisket....LMAO
    That's why we love ya!

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    That was so sad It's horrible for people to die that way

Tebssis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    ok, l gotta ask
    in the second picture, what's coming out of the guy's mouth/throat?

and
    in the pic where his head is off, and the squiggly things are coming out of his neck, is that his head in his lap?
    Sorry I didint make it clearer you guys! I suck!! But you know I love me some gory pics!! I was asking myself same questions as well....like whats what in the pics??? And can anyone pin point which band memeber is what bloody corpse?? Im trying ....not real good facial features.....I wonder if they knew what was happening to them?? And the leg pic I hate to say is pretty funny.....
    I love me some gory pics too, so you do not suck! But like Finnegan and you, I had a little trouble telling what's what. I think that was intestines coming out of that guys mouth in the second pic, eewww, eewww, eewww. My favorite was the toupe` looking top of a head.
    Didn't know them well, but RIP guys. Thanks for giving us death hags one last show.

excellent.... 'the blood is the life, mr. renfield...'
    pull the string!

lisalouver Guest
    Never heard of them.

The pictures are exactly as I expected them to be. This is what people look like in many fatal car accidents and motorcycle accidents I go to.

I am surprised that the one guys face was so intact.

NOVSTORM Guest
    If you like mutilation these are the pics for you!!! Nice pug!!!
    You know from where they are really torn up,it looks like they had been deliberately mutilated. How many of them have their genitals ripped off? WTF is that all about?? Looks like they crashed where they have canibals.

Isnt this how they described the aftermath of Patsy Cline and what she looked like after her plane crash. I have heard years ago that there were photos of her body floating around on the net but never could find them.
    These pics of these dead guys has to be the grossest I have seen to date. I hope for there sake the died instantly. One of the pics looked like this guys penis but after seeing the close up it was his foot in his lap that had been ripped off and it showed another pic with the foot removed and it looked like his crotch had been scooped out with an ice scream spoon. Totally destroyed my god!

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I can't find it grrrrr
    Hi NOVSTORM, try clicking on the grey and white picture at the very start of the post, it will lead you into a link, and the pictures are there, gotta warn you they are very gruesome.

H xx

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Sorry about that, I was on the first page still, someone has done the link, apologies again.

from wikipedia, for those of us who had never heard of em

Mamonas Assassinas was a satirical Brazilian pop/rock band. Their lyrics, music and live performances were as famous as their tragical end: In March 1, 1996, the plane in which they were crashed into the Cantareira mountain range, near São Paulo, instantly transforming all of the band members and the plane crew into strange goblins.
    The band's name carries a double-entendre as, in Portuguese mamonas can be either the name of a plant (whose fruit they incorporated as a logo) or the augmentative for mamas, meaning tits (which were prominently pictured on the album cover). The band even translated the name into English as "Killer Big Breasts".[citation needed]
    Mamonas Assassinas members employed a humorous mixture between a wide range of styles. They often borrowed elements from other music, among which were the main riff of the Portuguese Vira, Northeastern Brazil songs, Mexican music in Pelados em Santos, their most famous song. Metal, often using typical heavy riffs and having recorded a satirical song about the subject, Débil Metal. This combination can be easily checked at their videos, where various references to many cultures were found.

Early years and major era
    The band started its activities without Dinho, in a band called Utopia, performing covers of Legião Urbana and Rush. Soon Dinho was incorporated, and Utopia performed in the suburbs of São Paulo. They even did released an album, but it sold less than 100 copies.[1] As soon as they realized that satirical lyrics were much well-received by the audience, they decided to change their name. Their first demo was listened by Rafael, son of the artistic director of EMI-Odeon, João Augusto Soares. João Augusto hired the band afterwards.

The Plane Crash

The band's successful 8-year career came to an end along with all band members' lives, on March 2, 1996, due to a plane crash. After a show in BrasÃ*lia, the band was flying to São Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport, in Guarulhos. The aircraft was a Learjet LR-25D. [2] When the jet was ready to land on the runway 09R,[2] it crashed into the Cantareira mountain range, at 23:16, magically transforming all of the band members and the plane crew into strange goblins. [2]

After the Disaster

After the band's sudden end, their label released one live album and one posthumous album. They continued to be very famous in Brazil, and kept being influential to the culture. They were, for instance, parodied several times by the humorous site Charges.com.br.[3][4][5][6][7][8]

All of them were born in Guarulhos, except Dinho, who was born in Irecê, a town from Bahia state.
    • Alecsander Alves (known as 'Dinho') - Vocals, composer
    • Bento Hinoto (his real first name was Alberto) - Guitar, acoustic guitar
    • Samuel Reoli (Reoli is a contraction of the last names Reis and Oliveira) - Bass
    • Júlio Rasec (Rasec is "César" spelled backwards) - Keyboards, backing vocals
    • Sérgio Reoli - Drums
    pull the string!

jimmy's One Guest
    Not wise to view after food...I feel like throwing up

its amazing how many of us don't realize how flesh and blood we truly are. we are basically very ugly when our bodies are torn to shreds. its not the norm to die in this manner, i just hope it was quick, what bothers me more is their experiencing any terror. i hope it was so quick they didn't know what hit them.
    pull the string!

Ok I looked.

Ok I'm wishing I hadn't.

Those were hardcore pictures! What a mess!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Jazbabee Guest
    These, along with the Nikki car crash pics are some of the most graphic I have ever seen. I just can't imagine, and pray they didn't suffer.

interrestedintn Guest
    I don't like blood and guts so much......that dead baby was a little much. For someone fascinated with death....I sure don't like to look at it. It's still an interresting thread.

Lisamarie Guest
    I was wondering if the headless guy was dihno as well..I couldent tell but the body looks like his and also I cant really tell but I think the shorts look like they may have had stripes on them but the blood is soaked through...I so wish someone could find the link with the copses matched to the band member. I agree ist weird about the guys croch being ripped off..it seems like each one had their croch gone! I wonder if maybe animals could have got to them before the the rescue crew??? So far coolest plane crash pics I have seen yet! I just wish it could be explained better..like why the plane went down..what caused the crash?? Who is who in the pics..in the video is that really them getting on the doomed plane before it crashed??

Lisamarie Guest
    Also thankyou to Jack Rains for mentioning them in the other thread I would have never started looking had I not herad your description of the gory crash pics!! Thanks!!!

Lisamarie Guest
    He was hot!!!! Hello!!!! I would have been in love! But I think he is the one missing his head, can anyone tell who the guy in the blue is?? Anyone else notice in the video of them in front of the plane the one guy is holding a camera....wonder if he got any shots during there final ride...also he picks a wedgie!!! The guy with the pink hair. Poor guys!!! Yeah well I love Dihno!!

Lisamarie Guest
    D Creepy he is on a plane!!!!

Lisamarie Guest
    anyone think the one closeup of the guy whos face you can clearly see is he smushed in the plane?? It looks like he may be up against glass or something to me???

Andrea Guest
    Nobody intentionally mutilated their genitals --- that happens because of the force with which you hit will rip you wide open, and also posts etc from the seats can be driven into you. It's very violent chaos.

interrestedintn Guest
    I think the guy who still has a face is inside the plane still.....you can see the reflection off the glass.
    The headless one is Dinho because it does look like the same shorts they're just bloody and well....that corpse has his body...no pun intended.
    The one with the smashed head is I think Julio.....pink hair.
    The blue shirt looks like their drummer.
    The black shirt looks like the other guitarist.
    Evidently Dinho, Julio, dreads guy, and shaved head goatee guy all played guitar. But Julio and dreads guy were lead. Shaved head goatee guy must've played bass.
    I saw dreads guy playing keyboards too. The other guy I saw just singing back up when he wasn't on drums.
    What a freakin mess.

siniestra Guest
    I don't speak Portuguese but I do speak Spanish and from what I understood, one of the members is referring to a dream he had in which he is in a falling plane, or sees a falling plane, (in the youtube video). I researched this further and found this site http://jayvaquer.rockin.net/naas0013.html. It explains some things, although others seem a bit... Enquirer-ish.

I don't respond to forums often so forgive me if my formatting is off.

smooches27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by siniestra View Post
    I don't speak Portuguese but I do speak Spanish and from what I understood, one of the members is referring to a dream he had in which he is in a falling plane, or sees a falling plane, (in the youtube video). I researched this further and found this site http://jayvaquer.rockin.net/naas0013.html. It explains some things, although others seem a bit... Enquirer-ish.

I don't respond to forums often so forgive me if my formatting is off.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the link!!

interrestedintn Guest
    I read it. It does explain a lot but it may not be absolutely correct. Look at the photos....it says that the guy in the hairdresser video was decapitated and the lead singer was the one with his head missing from the mouth up.....I think they got it backwards. The guy with the pink hair was kinda pudgy and the lead singer wasn't and the decapitated one isn't pudgy at all. I know it sounds sick to be looking at his body......it's gross to see I know but...he had a good body in life and that corpse has his same slender waist and all......I think the one with half the head missing is the Julio guy.

Lisamarie Guest
    The hair dresser always video taped his customers and on this tape Julio said he had a dream, last night, that their plane crashed. In the real crash, Julio was decapitated. It gets more macabre. Dinho, the lead singer, was a sex symbol and always stripped down to a G-string during their shows. He was found missing both legs, his genital organs, and the top of his head from the mouth up. The guitarist, Bento Hinoto, also played in his underwear and was found dismembered and decapitated. The other members were found scattered in pieces over a 40 yard radius. The Mamonas took several publicity photos in which the three front men squatted down and pulled their shirts down to their shoes creating the illusion of no legs. In the crash, they lost their legs. Despite their enormous popularity, the moral majority did not like their children singing those nasty songs. In Brazil, Christians can pray to a Saint to kill someone and the results of this crash take on the aspect of Voodoo. The Mamonas corrupted millions of children with their sexual lyrics, and the rescuers found three sets of genitals in the woods. These guys sang about their peckers, played in their underwear, broke all the rules and, as if through some cosmic karma, paid the ultimate price for their success. I'm sure the priests in Brazil will write many sermons on this subject. And, of course, the practitioners of black magic will claim the influence of the evil demons responsible for the Mamonas' meteoric success were the same ones responsible for this tragic ending. You don't really think the Devil plays fair do you?
    Rock lesson # 666- Death can be stranger than life.

Whaaaaattttt????? OMG!!!!i WAS WONDERING WHAT THE HELL THE HAIRDRESSER VIDEO WAS ABOUT!!CREEPY!!!!,

a famous Brazilian psychic, Mae Dinah, predicted the death of the Mamonas in a air disaster. She said the first time she saw them on T.V. she noticed dark shadows around them and their death was imminent. The third coincidence was the drummer of the group, Sergio Reoli, who collected news clippings of plane crashes as a hobby.

weird!!!!! Okat so from this we can kind of put together whos who is the pics...sooo who wants to do the side by side ???

Lisamarie Guest
    I think you are right when I first saw those pics I though that body looked like him too....ummm he had a nice body and they kind of match dont they?? Same slender waist!! I think the head may be the guy with the pink hair!! Im not sure!!!

interrestedintn Guest
    Not me but you've got me all interrested now so here's what I've got.....
    The headless one is Dinho.
    The smashed headed one/piece of head is Julio. His piece of head just doesn't have pink hair anymore because the color's messed up from blood.
    The smashed face/window guy...well that's obvious.
    The blue shirt is the drummer.
    The black shirt is the guitarist.

interrestedintn Guest
    Did anyone else notice the guy pissing in the background of the news footage before they got on the plane? I know it's irrelivant except that he had to have died too. I just thought it was funny.