Page 1 of 69 1231050 ... LastLast

Thread: Jodi Arias charged with killing Travis Alexander

Jodi Arias charged with killing Travis Alexander

I hope no one else has posted this. I searched but we all know that doesn't always show everything.

I saw this on 48 Hours Mystery I think. I was fascinated.

The last few moments of Travis Alexander's life - before he was shot in the head and stabbed to death - were captured on the memory card of his own digital camera.
    Although it had been run through the wash and nearly destroyed, the memory card's eight snapshots told the story for Mesa police investigators of the final hours of the 30-year-old motivational speaker's life.
    There were pictures of his ex-girlfriend, Jodi Arias, lying nude on Alexander's bed. Then there were naked pictures of him posing in the shower. Finally, there were two pictures of a person on the floor of the bathroom, bleeding heavily.
    Those images, combined with a bloody palm print found on a wall, have been key factors in the arrest of Arias, 29, on suspicion of first-degree murder, according to a probable-cause statement released Monday by Mesa police.
    Alexander, a motivational speaker, was found dead sitting in his shower on June 9 at his Mesa apartment at 11428 E. Queensborough Ave. He was stabbed 27 or 28 times in the head, neck and torso.
    One of the most striking details that investigators noticed was that his throat had been slashed from ear to ear. His body had also been rinsed off in the shower.
    Alexander's body was found about five days after the photos were taken. His two roommates told police that they believed he had gone on a vacation to Mexico. They had been living in the apartment, unaware that his body lie locked in his room.
    After interviewing Alexander's relatives and friends, investigators learned that Arias had moved to Arizona from California to be with Alexander, and even lived with him for a few months while they dated.
    "Once they broke off their relationship, Jodi would continue to hang around the house and even enter Travis' home without his permission," the report says. "Jodi was described as being completely obsessed with Travis, by his family and his closest friends."
    When police examined Alexander's body, they found that his injuries showed that he tried to put up a fight, the report says. Investigators also noticed a shell casing in the bathroom, but no gun. When detectives took a closer look at Alexander's bedroom, they discovered that his bedding was missing.
    The blankets were later discovered downstairs in the laundry room, along with clothing and the camera. The bedding had been washed and was found in the dryer, the report shows.
    Alexander's cell phone was found in the downstairs office, with the last call made at12:13 p.m. June 4. All calls after that went unanswered, including an important conference call he was scheduled to take part in.
    Police called Arias on June10 for an interview. She said she hadn't seen Alexander since April, but admitted that they had been in a relationship and broke up due to jealousy issues they both had. She said that after the breakup, the pair continued a sexual relationship but kept it quiet from the people they knew, and that they had last spoken on the phone on June 3.
    On June 17, Arias came to the Mesa Police Department and voluntarily gave fingerprints and saliva for DNA testing, the report shows. Two days later, police uncovered the nude pictures and said they were able to "prove" that Arias was the last person to see Alexander before he died.
    Arias again denied seeing Alexander, the report shows. She said she left her home in Northern California on June 3 to drive to Salt Lake City for a conference. She said she was alone on the trip, which took more than two days, and was not in contact with anyone for 20 hours because her cell phone had run out of power.
    She said that she reached Salt Lake City on June 5, participated in the last day of the conference and headed home.
    June 5 was one day after the camera shows Arias nude on Alexander's bed.
    Finally, detectives examined the bloody palm print found on Alexander's wall and said that it was shown to be Arias' left palm and contained her DNA.
    "This was conclusive evidence that Jodi was present at the time of Travis' death, or at least at the time of his initial injury," the report says.
    Arias was extradited from California, and she is currently in a Maricopa County jail. Court records show that there was an indictment against her issued Monday, but details of the indictment weren't available.
    In an Aug. 29 jail interview with Arias, she denied killing Alexander and said that she is "very calm" and knows she is innocent.
    "I have strong faith that whoever did this will be brought to justice," Arias said. "I have strong faith that whoever did this will be held accountable."
    Just another unsympathetic child from hell.

Here is her myspace. Reading the comment from him was eerie. His myspace has several things from her.

www.myspace.com/jodiarias

Guest Guest
    Gruesome! Sounds like she is responsible! What a nut!

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    I've said it before, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

I think the picture taking thing is the strangest part. They traveled a lot together and took a lot of photos. It was his camera that they found the pics on. Can you imagine killing someone you claim to love and then taking their photo? He had won a trip to Mexico(I think that is where) and he wasn't taking her. I wonder if while he was in the shower she found something that pissed her off or maybe someone called him. The prosecutors think she went there to kill him. I am not so sure. I think maybe she had it in the back of her mind and took a gun with her. Then she snapped. I mean they knew each other for quite awhile. I think he didn't see her as wife material and she couldn't stand it.

I saw her story on MSNBC the other night, she has crazy eyes. She claimed that two masked people entered the house and tried to kill her as well but she was able to elude them and left the house, driving to Utah or something and being too confused about things to have the wherewithal to call 911.

She was known to call and e-mail other women that Travis dated. Dateline indicated she had a threatening tone when she did this.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    She was known to call and e-mail other women that Travis dated. Dateline indicated she had a threatening tone when she did this.
    crazybitch.that is what i'd call her.
    that's one word, by the way...

Yep she is a whack job. She wants people to believe that 2 intruders came in shot him, stab him over 20 times, slit his throat, then took pictures. She said the man tried to shoot her but the gun didn't go off so she left. I believe that one too. They had just killed him so brutally but when their gun didn't work they just let her walk away. She just couldn't accept that he didn't want to be her boyfriend. He wanted to have sex with her and then say, "bye bye". Maybe that is what set her off. He may have gotten in the shower to get ready to go see another girl. He hadn't been expecting her. She was traveling and just decided to call him. He probably had a date or something. She may have been mad that he had sex with her but was going to take someone else out.

cubbiecatz Guest
    Wow, I had never heard this story before. How can you stab someone 27 times, especially someone you "love"??

cubbiecatz Guest

I guess there really is a thin line between love and hate

beatlebaby4 Guest
    As far as I'm concerned she is batshit crazy. Fatal Attraction.

What about his roommates not knowing his dead body was in there? I know they are still creeped out.

She tries to talk all sweet and innocent in her interviews. I am not a virgin or anything and would never pretend to be(okay maybe I have once) but she admits to making sex videos. Then she tries to act like she is embarassed to say they had sex. I don't think she knows who in the hell she is.

1karenhb Guest
    I saw that show too. Interesting. I think she is guilty too. When his family and friends heard he was killed, she was the one they all thought of. She comes across as all innocent, but I think she was stalking him too.

lisalouver Guest
    I saw it too. She is crazier than a shithouse rat.

I would not want to run into her in a dark alley.

Sodapop Guest
    This blurb from her photography myspace:
    Jodi Arias is grateful for the amazing technology of photography, and how it serves to document the most significant moments of our lives.

Whoa.

djdeath-hag Guest
    We watched this story here the other night too. I am convinced that she is guilty as home-made sin. The "mysterious killers" who she claims brutally killed Alex & let her get away with her purse....were so bumbling at their horrid tasks that she didn't bother to report them...until AFTER she was in custody. hmmmmmmmm

Lisamarie Guest
    they were discussing this on mydeathspace.com and yeah she is a nut job...despite what he did to her he didint deserve that poor bastard...juts goes to show some bitches are juts plain crazy!

Gothwitch Guest
    Her Myspace headline 'all things denote there is a God'... including the kinky sex and brutal slaying of some bloke off the internet..... what a nutbag!!
    I'll send her a friend request... but I guess she wont answer!!

Shamrocker99 Guest
    the photography comment on her myspace certainly made me snicker...maybe she's a closet death hag too and figured since she was gonna go to jail for murder, she might as well leave some photos behind of the death scene...considerate actually!

melmoney Guest
    I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. I wish we could have seen the photos though. That was the biggest piece of the puzzle - and I'm still just trying to figure out WHY she would take dead pictures of him and leave the camera there. Also, the 48 Hours Mystery piece never explained if a weapon was found or traced back to Jodi.

Harrietd Guest
    Not real bright either: bloody hand print on wall, photos on camera, phone calls.....Hello? Ever even HEARD of CSI?

The pictures were deleted and then the camera was washed in the washer. They were still able to get the pictures though. I wonder if the camera had the timer set or something to keep snapping and that is how the pictures got there.

Gothwitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kmed1971 View Post
    The pictures were deleted and then the camera was washed in the washer. They were still able to get the pictures though. I wonder if the camera had the timer set or something to keep snapping and that is how the pictures got there.
    You have to set the timer to take shots of you and your partner indulging in god awful kinky dirty nasty..... erm.. so Ive heard!!!!!
    Anybody know what setting to use when machine washing a digital camera?

Lisamarie Guest
    what a bitch!

Gothwitch Guest
    Found a wee bit more....
    Tributes to Travis Alexander, the motivational speaker from Mesa who was found dead in his apartment by friends, are found everywhere throughout the personal Myspace Web page of Jodi Arias, Alexander’s 28-year-old ex-girlfriend.
    A photo album entitled “In Loving Memory of Travis Alexander” shows several images of the former couple on trips to the Grand Canyon, playing in the water, and kissing affectionately. Arias’ blog includes an inspirational quote from Alexander. The page includes several comments from Alexander, one in which he wrote “Any gift I could give you would never amount to the value your friendship has given me.”
    The Myspace heading reads “Jodi Arias misses Travis. See you soon my friend, but not soon enough.”
    Ive just found the pics off the album so I'll sort them out.... creepy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gothwitch View Post
    You have to set the timer to take shots of you and your partner indulging in god awful kinky dirty nasty..... erm.. so Ive heard!!!!!
    She must have used the gentle cycle since the pics survived. lol
    Maybe the dryer would have served her better.

She had also started dating another guy not too long before this happened. I think he too was a Mormom like Travis and ran in the same circles. I guess she wanted him to be jealous. He must not have been jealous enough to suit her. But that other guy must feel like he really dodged a bullet. No pun intended.

Gothwitch Guest
    I thought Mormons didnt do the whole 'bump nasties' thing until after marriage??

Bunnygirl12 Guest
    I too saw this on mydeathspace but missed the show (I had read on mydeathspace it would be on)...am hoping it's replayed at some point.
    They did say on MDS that they were leading a double life with the whole sex vs Mormon religion thing...it had a lot of good info for anyone who didn't get to see the tv show.

Gothwitch Guest
    I dont know if this is the link we have posted but this is the one with the pictures of him on it... it has also been accessed by Jodie Arias today... creepy..
    www.myspace.com/jfineart

Well it just means that someone has accessed it today. She may have given somebody her password.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Gothwitch Guest
    His page hasnt been accessed for a while.... the bastard has more friends than me though!!!

I dont know if this is the link we have posted but this is the one with the pictures of him on it... it has also been accessed by Jodie Arias today... creepy..
    www.myspace.com/jfineart
    Be sure to read her blog about the holidays. It was posted this past January.

The Lucky One Guest
    You know he was an awesome guy from what I have been reading. And good looking too. It seems that the nice ones always leave us early in life

cherryghost Guest
    Now of course Im not the only one wondering where the photos of his body are and how soon it will be before they are on FAD?

The Lucky One Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    Now of course Im not the only one wondering where the photos of his body are and how soon it will be before they are on FAD?
    I am dying to see them myself! It is very intresting.

mydeathspace.com said they would have them up there soon. I am hoping so. Gosh we are a bunch of weirdos.

Gothwitch Guest
    mydeathspace.com said they would have them up there soon. I am hoping so. Gosh we are a bunch of weirdos.
    I thought the only requirement for access to this site was being a weirdo ..lol..

octobersky Guest
    Yep she is a whack job. She wants people to believe that 2 intruders came in shot him, stab him over 20 times, slit his throat, then took pictures. She said the man tried to shoot her but the gun didn't go off so she left. I believe that one too. They had just killed him so brutally but when their gun didn't work they just let her walk away. She just couldn't accept that he didn't want to be her boyfriend. He wanted to have sex with her and then say, "bye bye". Maybe that is what set her off. He may have gotten in the shower to get ready to go see another girl. He hadn't been expecting her. She was traveling and just decided to call him. He probably had a date or something. She may have been mad that he had sex with her but was going to take someone else out.
    She said the guys gun jammed and she had time to grab her purse and run.
    Seriously? Who would buy that shit!

octobersky Guest
    He was very handsome and seemed like a great guy! Looking at his pictures my first thought was - who is taking care of his doggie? I always wonder things like that when people are murdered.

I saw the show as well. She is guilty. She thought she could cover the crime but the photos don't lie. Now damnit, where are those photos?

octobersky Guest
    http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=IMG_2092.jpg

There are photos of the house on here. Someone was able to get in to see it. Enjoy.

octobersky Guest
    Last edited by octobersky; 03-16-2009 at 06:04 AM.

Bunnygirl12 Guest
    Wow, that's awesome!
    Thanks for posting!!!!

Does anyone know how they met?
    Wanna see my grandkids?

They both were working for Prepaid Legal( I think). She started dating him and then converted to Mormonism. They only really dated as boyfriend and girlfriend for 4 months. He cheated.

I hope his housemates or sister has the dog.

Everyone who knew them said she was obsessed with Travis, but now she tries to play it off like they used each other for sex.

And yep, if I went in and brutually killed someone, I am sure I would just let the witness walk out without a scratch. Also if I saw my "friend", as she called him, killed I would just drive away and not tell a soul.

cachluv Guest

beatlebaby4 Guest
    LOL

Found a wee bit more....
    Tributes to Travis Alexander, the motivational speaker from Mesa who was found dead in his apartment by friends, are found everywhere throughout the personal Myspace Web page of Jodi Arias, Alexander??s 28-year-old ex-girlfriend.
    A photo album entitled ??In Loving Memory of Travis Alexander? shows several images of the former couple on trips to the Grand Canyon, playing in the water, and kissing affectionately. Arias?? blog includes an inspirational quote from Alexander. The page includes several comments from Alexander, one in which he wrote ??Any gift I could give you would never amount to the value your friendship has given me.?
    The Myspace heading reads ??Jodi Arias misses Travis. See you soon my friend, but not soon enough.?
    Ive just found the pics off the album so I'll sort them out.... creepy!
    That is just plain creepy. What a witch

Gothwitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    LOL

That is just plain creepy. What a witch
    I'll have non of that thank you!!!!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I'll have non of that thank you!!!!
    LOL