Thread: 3 Dead Infants Found in Blackstone, MA Home

jsnerch Guest

3 Dead Infants Found in Blackstone, MA Home

Searched for a thread, couldn't find one. Here's the story: https://news.yahoo.com/woman-found-m...161611651.html

So basically this woman and a man (I'm assuming her boyfriend) and 4 kids lived in a filthy pigsty of a house with a 2 foot pile of dirty diapers. Woman's family didn't even know about the 2 younger kids and they were severely neglected. DCYF comes in because of a complaint of baby crying, take the 4 kids away. Further investigation of the filthy house uncovers the remains of 3 infants. This story is SO weird!

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Jesus. Speechless.

Dear God in Heaven. Unbelievable
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

So I am curious and maybe I missed it. Why is her charge fetal death concealment? Have they already determined they were natural deaths?

jsnerch Guest
    As far as I've seen, cause of death hasn't been discovered. I assume they are just charging her with fetal death concealment because until they find COD that's all it really is.

Some people should not be parents...

ozzysmom Guest
    Holy crap!!

babyblujems Guest
    Working with DCF in MA I know a bit more about the story. The search happened because the worker who went in was worried that there may have been drugs and such in the house. The workers here can't do a thorough search unlike officers so a semi ambiguous search warrant was obtained in which they were allowed to search for several items and allowed to obtain evidence of crimes. The cause of death and age of the children is not yet known, there were also no records of anything for the two younger children found yet. For some odd reason there is a huge backlash against DCF, mostly because those with little knowledge about the law don't realize that DCF is not allowed to search homes. I mean yes thy can go in and make sure you have food for your children among other things but they can't do a deep search. But anyway yea so there's a little more detail.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblujems View Post
    Working with DCF in MA I know a bit more about the story. The search happened because the worker who went in was worried that there may have been drugs and such in the house. The workers here can't do a thorough search unlike officers so a semi ambiguous search warrant was obtained in which they were allowed to search for several items and allowed to obtain evidence of crimes. The cause of death and age of the children is not yet known, there were also no records of anything for the two younger children found yet. For some odd reason there is a huge backlash against DCF, mostly because those with little knowledge about the law don't realize that DCF is not allowed to search homes. I mean yes thy can go in and make sure you have food for your children among other things but they can't do a deep search. But anyway yea so there's a little more detail.
    CPS is not allowed to search here either. People don't understand the limitations they are under.

jsnerch Guest
    Also, how was DCF supposed to know those younger children were even in there? There is no record of their existence! From what I read, the two older children were treated just fine. Anyone who's watched Hoarders knows how easy it is for filthy people to hide the condition of their house. I don't fault DCF in this one. They can't investigate what they don't know and even then they have limitations on them.

carrieanne Guest
    It seems if the dead babies are full term size they should at least be under suspicion of murder, not "fetal death". I guess full term stillborns are considered "fetal deaths" however, since they died before being born. It just seems wrong to classify them as non human (which is what the name fetus does) when they most likely were born alive.

Quote Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
    Some people should not be parents...
    Before they shut down her FB page...that was a status on her timeline a few weeks ago...written by her. Unreal.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Before they shut down her FB page...that was a status on her timeline a few weeks ago...written by her. Unreal.
    No shit?! That's crazy!

jsnerch Guest
    Some more news: http://www.necn.com/news/new-england...275275381.html

The two younger kids were "covered in feces & maggots" Oh. My. God. It's horrific.

As if the house itself wasn't enough of a mess, surprise! Strangers are dropping off the usual clutter of balloons and teddy bears that nobody needs or wants-- just more junk to dump in due time.

jsnerch Guest
    Good point!

Woman found in Massachusetts home with dead babies may be mentally ill
    You don't say?