Page 1 of 19 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

Jacksmum Guest

American Horror Story

I did a search and didn't find anything regarding this, sorry if it is a duplicate though.

I'm looking forward to watching American Horror Story on FX this October.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...ign-34176.html

endsleigh03 Guest
    Can't wait to see what this is.

October rocks, my fav month/holiday.

Jacksmum Guest
    The PVR is going to be busy this fall

havoc Guest
    I am so watching this.

deanfan Guest
    Looks interesting.

American Horror Story

Premiers tonight on FX at 10pm (PST) and I can't wait. Looks sooo good.

They have been doing this humorous PR campaign called "House Calls" where people can go to their website and apply for a charecter of the show to do a "House Call" where they scare the shit out of some unsuspecting victim. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S119H...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygnsC...eature=related

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58hzV...eature=related

Jacksmum Guest
    It starts in November here in Canada and I CANNOT wait

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    Can someone explain this show to me? I just can't seem to get the grasp of whether it is a satirical comedy, black comedy, or just a really dark show. I tried looking up info early on about it and can't seem to get the idea of what it is about.

I am so looking forward to this, hope it's as good as it's hyped to be
    Those are my principles.If you don't like them,I have others.

-Groucho Marx-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

havoc Guest
    I am so ready!!!!!

It does look good. Thanks for sharing!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Jacksmum Guest

jeca Guest
    I'm excited for this tonight, too! I hope it's as good as it looks.

Drama about a family who moves into a haunted mansion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horror_Story
    Last edited by cindyt; 10-05-2011 at 12:00 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yep - hope it's as good as it seems. The music is pretty haunting - redone 80s and 90s from what I've heard so far. I've had a couple of tiring weeks so I might go to bed early and not watch it until Friday evening....I'll try to resist reading this thread until I've seen it!
    Archer Fact: You canā??t tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

endsleigh03 Guest
    Bump

endsleigh03 Guest
    Bump

endsleigh03 Guest
    Liked the pilot episode alot.

jeca Guest
    I really liked it, too.

I liked it too, but I had to quit watching. Lol. It was scary and I got to thinking Why in the hell am I watching this when I am alone most of the time in this big haunted house. Harry is always with me but he gets scared too. So I cut it off.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I liked it too.
    It was solid, smooth, and (enough about Dylan McDermott's ass...) No, it was good. Really.

Kind of worried about the dog, that creepy girl's got it in for him. Actually, there were a lot of creepy people, which was surprising and good.

I'll definitely watch again, if only to find out who in fact was giving her the second round (and second child, maybe...)
    My attention span is crap, because I'm trying to quit smoking, and this kept me relatively focused for an hour, which is saying a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Dang it! I missed it! I really wanted to watch this, too. Hopefully, I can catch it online, sometime.

havoc Guest
    I really like the pilot. Creepy but interesting characters.

I already don't like Jessica Lange. lol

I definitely watching this one. I bet they repeat it sometime over the weekend on FX.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I liked it too, but I had to quit watching. Lol. It was scary and I got to thinking Why in the hell am I watching this when I am alone most of the time in this big haunted house. Harry is always with me but he gets scared too. So I cut it off.
    I've TiVOd this so I'm looking forward to watching it this weekend. Cindy, you live in a haunted house?!?!? That's freaking awesome!!!

So, I was a little horrified, goobed out, and curious at the pilot. So I consider that successful as I think that's exactly the emotions the show was going for.

Connie Britton - LOVE this woman! I loved her on Friday Night Lights (and she was really the only reason I cared to watch AHS). But I was like O_O when she made it with rubber man. I can't wait to see what this baby is going to look like 'cause y'all KNOW it's the ghost's baby.

Dylan McDermott - I really liked him, too. I want to see how he and the dead nanny play out.

The Daughter (Farminga?) - LOVE her! "It happened in the basement." "We'll take it."

Jessica Lange - I really don't like her character at all. Talk about socially crazy. She's gonna be a hoot! "Don't make me kill you again."

The Handicapped Girl - If she does something to that dog, I'm going to reach through the TV screen and strangle her myself.

The Crazy Boy (I can't remember his name) - He's really going to be trouble. I loved what he did with/to the smartassed girl. Or did he do it????

***shivers***

This is going to be a great show.

I was taken aback by the use of language. Not that I'm a prude (and I use most of those words myself), but I didn't know you could say things like that on network TV. I thought I was watching HBO there for a while. Is FX network?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

havoc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    I was taken aback by the use of language. Not that I'm a prude (and I use most of those words myself), but I didn't know you could say things like that on network TV. I thought I was watching HBO there for a while. Is FX network?
    Yeah, the language surprised me a little. But, like Nip/Tuck I guess they can get away with certain words and some butt shots.

The whole housekeeper thing, I was like WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    The whole housekeeper thing, .
    Was awesome. What a trip that is going to be. The language took me by surprise as well. I turned to my wife and said "did they just say shit?". I didn't realize you could do that or show buttcheeks. I hope they give McDermots housekeeper the same coutesy

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    ....I didn't realize you could do that or show buttcheeks. I hope they give McDermots housekeeper the same coutesy
    I forced myself to stay awake to watch it - couldn't wait! It did not disappoint! Kind of reminds me of a "saucier" version of "Twin Peaks" with all of the bizarre characters....unexplained actions. There's more to the "crazy boy" dontcha think?

Pauli - great minds think alike - my husband said the same about the housekeeper's rear view!
    Archer Fact: You canā??t tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post
    Drama about a family who moves into a haunted mansion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horror_Story

Thanks fellas!

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    SOOOOOoooooo, if I am a scaredy cat, don't watch it in the dark with no one else home? Thanks for the heads up (and now I won't feel so bad if I have to turn it off, too).

Was awesome. What a trip that is going to be. The language took me by surprise as well. I turned to my wife and said "did they just say shit?". I didn't realize you could do that or show buttcheeks. I hope they give McDermots housekeeper the same coutesy
    Quote Originally Posted by homesgirl View Post
    I forced myself to stay awake to watch it - couldn't wait! It did not disappoint! Kind of reminds me of a "saucier" version of "Twin Peaks" with all of the bizarre characters....unexplained actions. There's more to the "crazy boy" dontcha think?

Pauli - great minds think alike - my husband said the same about the housekeeper's rear view!
    My hubs didn't say anything about the housekeeper, but he was REALLY disappointed that Connie didn't get a backside viewing! She's his celebrity crush!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Quote Originally Posted by tuesdays_jupiter View Post
    SOOOOOoooooo, if I am a scaredy cat, don't watch it in the dark with no one else home? Thanks for the heads up (and now I won't feel so bad if I have to turn it off, too).
    It's not that bad. It sort of a weirded out Amityville Horror...

I would watch it alone. But I don't live in a haunted house like Cindy!

Oogie Boogie Guest
    I am so mad! I TiVo'd this or so I thought and it turns out that only one minute and fifty seven seconds taped! AAAARGH! I only got as far as when the evil Ron Weasley-looking twins went into the house. I'm pissed off!!!

Well, I am going to try and watch the repeat--Saturday? I'll have to look. I really liked it, but haha. Jessica Lang and her onset daughter were creeeepeee.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yeah, it did remind me of Amityville Horror but it's a lot better.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

intothelight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Can't wait to see what this is.

October rocks, my fav month/holiday.
    My favorite month/holiday too! I LOVE Halloween. I keep hearing about this show but I have yet to watch it.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Which version of the housekeeper Pauli

Quote Originally Posted by intothelight View Post
    My favorite month/holiday too! I LOVE Halloween. I keep hearing about this show but I have yet to watch it.
    Yeah, it's way better than Christmas for me.

endsleigh03 Guest
    BTW, did I not hear the word c***sucker in there somewhere? Along with shit.

Also, one butt shot, and two masturbation scenes (altho not graphic)

I was kinda surprised.

RaRaRamona Guest
    They have been doing this humorous PR campaign called "House Calls" where people can go to their website and apply for a charecter of the show to do a "House Call" where they scare the shit out of some unsuspecting victim. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S119H...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygnsC...eature=related
    uuuuuuugggghhh holy freaking Frack frackcow. that would scare me to death. Seriously to death. dead.

Nip/Tuck was reallyreally racy & they said the sh word a lot. Loads of sex too. Excuse the use of the words "loads."

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Yeah, the language surprised me a little. But, like Nip/Tuck I guess they can get away with certain words and some butt shots.

haha

Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    I am so mad! I TiVo'd this or so I thought and it turns out that only one minute and fifty seven seconds taped! AAAARGH! I only got as far as when the evil Ron Weasley-looking twins went into the house. I'm pissed off!!!
    Weasleys! LOL

I wasn't going to watch another episode, & I almost turned it off, but when I saw Frances Conroy I decided to stay with it.

RaRaRamona Guest
    What? What the what??

This so perfectly says EXACTLY what went through my mind as I watched this train wreck. ha!!

http://www.tv.com/news/american-horr...remiere-26858/

And this part, most of all:

Are we really supposed to tune in and sympathize with idiots who remain in this horrible place?

But the best and I do mean THE BEST part?

King RUSSELL!! WHOOHHOO

FooFoo Shnickens Guest
    I did not even realize it was Russell until I was reading people's comments on TWoP.

It definitely had it's cheesy moments, but it was also creepy and there is really nothing else on TV like this right now, so I will keep watching. I thought the nudity, sex and swearing were all very over the top and took away from the show, but that might just be because I am getting old. I have nothing against it, but it felt like it was trying too hard in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    BTW, did I not hear the word c***sucker in there somewhere? Along with shit.

Also, one butt shot, and two masturbation scenes (altho not graphic)

I was kinda surprised.
    Yep. Two or three times, I think...

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    What? What the what??

And this part, most of all:

Are we really supposed to tune in and sympathize with idiots who remain in this horrible place?

I KNOW you'll correct me if I'm wrong, but - they haven't really figured out anything wrong is going on yet, right? I mean, other than the creepy kid next door and her creepier mother? And Violet saw that whatever the hell it was in the basement, but she thinks crazy boy did that, not the house. Other than that, things are pretty normal - Mom think the housekeeper is old. Dad thinks the housekeeper is a hottie. Mom thought she was screwing Dad, not Rubber Man. I see no reason why they should leave yet. But that's just me...

Deathgoddess Guest
    So, I was a little horrified, goobed out, and curious at the pilot. So I consider that successful as I think that's exactly the emotions the show was going for.

Connie Britton - LOVE this woman! I loved her on Friday Night Lights (and she was really the only reason I cared to watch AHS). But I was like O_O when she made it with rubber man. I can't wait to see what this baby is going to look like 'cause y'all KNOW it's the ghost's baby.

Dylan McDermott - I really liked him, too. I want to see how he and the dead nanny play out.

The Daughter (Farminga?) - LOVE her! "It happened in the basement." "We'll take it."

Jessica Lange - I really don't like her character at all. Talk about socially crazy. She's gonna be a hoot! "Don't make me kill you again."

The Handicapped Girl - If she does something to that dog, I'm going to reach through the TV screen and strangle her myself.

The Crazy Boy (I can't remember his name) - He's really going to be trouble. I loved what he did with/to the smartassed girl. Or did he do it????

***shivers***

This is going to be a great show.

I thought the same things! I couldn't believe that they are allowed to say the P word on TV, and they were NOT talking about a Cat!! Everything about this show was so wrong and so right! I turned to my hubby half way through it and said , this is the next big thing, people are going to LOVE this

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by intothelight View Post
    My favorite month/holiday too! I LOVE Halloween.
    Me too! When my youngest was little, she had a little friend who came over and reported back to her stick-up-the-ass mother that I keep Halloween decor up year around and I heard through the grapevine that the little girl was never allowed to come back because her family thought I was a devil worshipper! lol

Jacksmum Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    Me too! When my youngest was little, she had a little friend who came over and reported back to her stick-up-the-ass mother that I keep Halloween decor up year around and I heard through the grapevine that the little girl was never allowed to come back because her family thought I was a devil worshipper! lol
    Good grief

Dang it! I was all set to go ahead and watch this great show. It's been a long time since I've really enjoyed a TV series. As I said, I am here alone with Harry a whole lot and I had decided not to watch it, and then I was like d'oh, hubs will be here at night. Well guess what? He may go on the job in Pennsylvania next week. He will be gone for 2 weeks, come home for a day, and then back again. So there is no way in hell I'm going to watch anything at all that is spooky.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

He will be gone for 2 weeks, come home for a day, and then back again. So there is no way in hell I'm going to watch anything at all that is spooky.
    Maybe we could put a little group together that can be at the computer when the show comes on then we can post back and forth with you so you don't feel like your alone (I'm serious).

Maybe we could put a little group together that can be at the computer when the show comes on then we can post back and forth with you so you don't feel like your alone (I'm serious).
    You're a sweetheart, Pauli. The problem is, I don't sleep with my computer.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    I am going to try and watch the first episode tonight when Mr. Baby goes to bed. I tried watching it when he was busy playing but in the opening scene they say 'shit' rather clearly. He already says ' Mama mean' and 'Oh sit' ( yeah I think he is saying 'oh shit' but eh)

From the little that I saw, it looked like Rose Red----the mini series from Stephen King?