Thread: Eddie Van Halen

Eddie Van Halen

Famous musician EDDIE VAN HALEN has died at age 65 !1

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Famous musician EDDIE VAN HALEN has died at age 65 !1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Van-Halen.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	55060  
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Last edited by cindyt; 10-06-2020 at 01:06 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Oh my. Just hung his picture at my Husband's Pub. Great guitarist. RIP.

This is a pretty major one. 7 years older than me.

Neal Peart AND Eddie Van Halen in the same crappy year. It's time for 2020 to go. RIP and condolences to his loved ones.

Tread lightly John Thomas!
    Pecunia Loquitur Taurus Cacas Ambulat

Rest in peace.

RIP, Eddie. Another part of my childhood gone.....
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

It's official. My 80's heyday is over and I am old. RIP Eddie.

Eddie donated 75 guitars from his personal collection to public schools a few years ago to defray the cost of school music programs. He was a mixed bag too.

Booze, drugs, and groupies like the rest of the band when he was young. Then, he mellowed with age. His smile was as unique and genuine as his playing style.

The new wife wasn't thrilled with Valerie Bertanelli's (first wife and mother of Wolfgang) public statement shortly after Eddie's death. That's life.

I remember a reporter interviewing Eddie then Valerie years ago right after they got married. The reporter stated that several of his colleagues had remarked that Eddie and Valerie looked a lot alike. Eddie responded "Why do you think we're never in the same room at the same time?"

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Eddie donated 75 guitars from his personal collection to public schools a few years ago to defray the cost of school music programs. He was a mixed bag too.

Booze, drugs, and groupies like the rest of the band when he was young. Then, he mellowed with age. His smile was as unique and genuine as his playing style.

The new wife wasn't thrilled with Valerie Bertanelli's (first wife and mother of Wolfgang) public statement shortly after Eddie's death. That's life.

I remember a reporter interviewing Eddie then Valerie years ago right after they got married. The reporter stated that several of his colleagues had remarked that Eddie and Valerie looked a lot alike. Eddie responded "Why do you think we're never in the same room at the same time?"
    So true, was thinking the same people wonder what the famous 1st. ex wife has to say.
    But not the non famous current 2nd wife has to say today.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

The second wife had basically the same thing to say in her own words, but people love famous people and scandal. This one was the trifecta: famous people, scandal, and ofcourse death. What's the scandal? A lot of people say he must've cheated on Valerie which caused their divorce. Nope. She cheated on him, and they were both into heavy drug use at the time. Valerie's tribute was great but telltale. It doesn't look like she's accepted that he loved their son and will always love her in a past relationship way, but he moved on a year after they divorced.

The pictures of the night they met are great, but to me that's because they're nostalgic and pre-how many surgeries must one man have due to his talent causing him injuries and youthful indiscretion to the extreme. The answer is a lot. His optimism helped him live longer than he was told he would.