Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516 LastLast

Thread: Amityville Murders

If I remember correctly, in the book The Night the Defeos Died, it was reported that a neighbor did hear one or two gunshots. When the noise wasn't repeated they went back to sleep and didn't think anymore about it.
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/defeo.html#gunshots

[SIZE=-2]Is it true the neighbors didn't hear the gunshots that night?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-2]This is what was reported, but recent interviews have suggested that some neighbors did, in fact, hear gunshots, but simply did not want to get involved, either thinking it was Ronnie playing with his guns again, or perhaps being fearful of the family's rumored mob connections.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-2]Some people, such as Hans Holzer, think the gunshot sounds were muffled by a strong psychic energy in the house. George Lutz has stated that he found the house odd when it came to sounds. For instance, he stated that when in the sunroom, he could see a car driving past the house but not hear it.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-2]Apparently the DeFeo's dog heard something, as it was reported to have been barking wildly around 3am that morning.[/SIZE]
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

The judge that presided over Ronald Defeo's trial has died.

huh, one time I was searching netflix and decided to watch a documentary largely about Jim Henson. I then flipped on Findadeath and found that that day was the anniversary of his death.....

Just now I was, once again, searching netflix and choose a documentary about Amitiyvile, flipped on findadeath and found this.
    I have netflix ESP.........
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    huh, one time I was searching netflix and decided to watch a documentary largely about Jim Henson. I then flipped on Findadeath and found that that day was the anniversary of his death.....

Just now I was, once again, searching netflix and choose a documentary about Amitiyvile, flipped on findadeath and found this.
    I have netflix ESP.........
    You have wishful thinking.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

So I haven't gone through all pages I need to know 1. the man who killed his family heard demon voices telling him to do it & so what is the house's original history? Has there been any paranormal stuff before this family was killed?? & 2. Did the man (can't remember his name) get life in prison???

Forgive me I'm watching my movie now & I can't look for it now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    So I haven't gone through all pages I need to know 1. the man who killed his family heard demon voices telling him to do it & so what is the house's original history? Has there been any paranormal stuff before this family was killed?? & 2. Did the man (can't remember his name) get life in prison???

Forgive me I'm watching my movie now & I can't look for it now
    Ok yes he said he heard demon's in his head telling him to kill. Rumors were it was built on a burial group, but pretty sure it was never confirmed. No paranormal activity reported before and the new owners haven't experienced anything. DeFeo got 25-life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

thank you Miho. I will look into it more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    The paranormal bullshit was made up. Defeo was a rock bottom junky. A serious loser. His dad was an asshole and beat him(don't blame him) and his mom didn't protect him. That was his justification for killing the parents. His parents were loaded and he wanted the dough. Hence getting all the other kids out of the way so he could be the sole beneficiary. The only demon involved in this was heroin, alcohol, and greed.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    The paranormal bullshit was made up. Defeo was a rock bottom junky. A serious loser. His dad was an asshole and beat him(don't blame him) and his mom didn't protect him. That was his justification for killing the parents. His parents were loaded and he wanted the dough. Hence getting all the other kids out of the way so he could be the sole beneficiary. The only demon involved in this was heroin, alcohol, and greed.
    ^^^^^This.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    Spot on!

Exactly

Did you guys see that show not too long ago about Defeo where they interviewed him in prison? I can't remember the name of it. It still airs from time to time. I mean you can just tell by how he tells his BS story he's a liar. Just scum of the earth.

Did you guys see that show not too long ago about Defeo where they interviewed him in prison? I can't remember the name of it. It still airs from time to time. I mean you can just tell by how he tells his BS story he's a liar. Just scum of the earth.
    Damn it NO. Off to youtube. I hope it is there. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm looking for it too. Not finding it yet. I'll try to find the official name of it. BOOM!!! Found it. It's in 4 parts. Here's the first part and you can navigate to find the others. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6L0wEx9fkY
    Last edited by StewartGilliganGriffin; 07-23-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Mammy Guest
    I'm looking for it too. Not finding it yet. I'll try to find the official name of it. BOOM!!! Found it. It's in 4 parts. Here's the first part and you can navigate to find the others. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6L0wEx9fkY
    Thanks for the link! Since it's almost my bedtime, I'll save it for the weekend. Is he still married? He had some broad spouting his lies all over the internet at one time. Nothing like a brainwashed dumbass.

I'm not real sure Mammy. I didn't even know he was married. Man she has to be the dumbest woman in the world. Talk about horrible taste in men. Imagine a daughter or sister coming to you and saying, "Oh yeah I married this guy that's in prison. He's there for murdering his parents and siblings. But he's innocent. The devil made him do it".

Yay. Gracias!

You guys are welcome. Let me know what ya think of it after you watch it. He has this spit in the corner of his mouth that really annoys me. Ugh it's so gross.

Mammy Guest
    I'm not real sure Mammy. I didn't even know he was married. Man she has to be the dumbest woman in the world. Talk about horrible taste in men. Imagine a daughter or sister coming to you and saying, "Oh yeah I married this guy that's in prison. He's there for murdering his parents and siblings. But he's innocent. The devil made him do it".
    If I'm not mistaken, her name is Tracy. It's been a long time since I've read anything about the case. She claimed Dawn committed some of the murders.

Yeah. Ron spouts the same crap in this show. The interviewer(A shrink) calls him on stuff though. It's not the usual try to exploit the ridiculous haunting crap for cash thing. It's about the murders and the murderer. At the end the interviewer give his opinion on Defeo and the whole thing. He's spot on.

Watching it now. He is blaming it on Dawn.

Mammy Guest
    Yeah. Ron spouts the same crap in this show. The interviewer(A shrink) calls him on stuff though. It's not the usual try to exploit the ridiculous haunting crap for cash thing. It's about the murders and the murderer. At the end the interviewer give his opinion on Defeo and the whole thing. He's spot on.
    That sounds pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to watching it. These guys still in prison for committing older crimes really irritate me, people like Defeo and Jeffrey MacDonald. It has been a few decades since they committed the crimes that put them behind bars. A lot of the public who was around at the time and knew the real details are getting older and dying. Defeo and MacDonald can spout whatever bullshit they choose to and the younger generations who never heard of the cases swallow it all hook, line, and sinker. They believe anything they hear and talk about these poor innocent guys in prison who were railroaded by the "corrupt" justice system. The internet really helps keep the story out there, even with the lies, exaggerations, half truths, and statements taken out of context. Therefore they have supporters who weren't even born when the crimes took place.

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Watching it now. He is blaming it on Dawn.
    So, what did ya think? Did ya like it?

So, what did ya think? Did ya like it?
    Loved it. He is a lunatic and I think he killed all of them. Dawn was another victim. In her death photo, she is belly down and there does not appear to be a sign of a struggle. He shot her in the back just like the rest of them. What I can't figure out is WHY? I understand the dad was an abusive asshole. But why kill your smaller siblings? Why not just take out the dad?

You guys are welcome. Let me know what ya think of it after you watch it. He has this spit in the corner of his mouth that really annoys me. Ugh it's so gross.
    Watched it and it seems he tweaks the story just a little different every interview I saw. That spittle would have driven me nuts, I would of thrown a towel (wrapped in a brick) at him so he could clean up.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Watched it and it seems he tweaks the story just a little different every interview I saw. That spittle would have driven me nuts, I would of thrown a towel (wrapped in a brick) at him so he could clean up.
    Yea whats up with the saliva thing? And he seems awfully hyper.

My guess, and that's all it is, is that he killed the little ones for 2 reasons. 1) He didn't want to share the inheritance and 2) No witnesses. The kids bother him the most. I forget exactly how the shrink put it but at the end he talks about how Defeo can't face that he killed the kids. Concocting the Dawn story helps alleviate some of that guilt.

Amen Mcfgr. I was eating and watching it the first time I saw it and I had to look away while I ate. Just gross. The foaming spittle murdering bastard. Kind of weird really. The crime scene photos were fine while eating. The spittle... no way.

My guess, and that's all it is, is that he killed the little ones for 2 reasons. 1) He didn't want to share the inheritance and 2) No witnesses. The kids bother him the most. I forget exactly how the shrink put it but at the end he talks about how Defeo can't face that he killed the kids. Concocting the Dawn story helps alleviate some of that guilt.

Amen Mcfgr. I was eating and watching it the first time I saw it and I had to look away while I ate. Just gross. The foaming spittle murdering bastard. Kind of weird really. The crime scene photos were fine while eating. The spittle... no way.
    Oh yes, the inheritance. Yes I agree with the psych's opinion that he has convinced himself that Dawn killed the kids so he doesn't have to take responsibility for it due to his guilt. I'm not sure there is any guilt involved though. He doesn't seem remorseful at all.

You can just tell he's low life scum. I think he's convinced himself of his lies so he doesn't have to feel remorse. I think he did feel it right after when he came off the drugs. And I bet somewhere deep down he feels it. To have remorse though he'd have to admit guilt and he can't do that. He reminds me of a used car salesman or one of those really low level mafia guys that never made it past 6th grade.

You can just tell he's low life scum. I think he's convinced himself of his lies so he doesn't have to feel remorse. I think he did feel it right after when he came off the drugs. And I bet somewhere deep down he feels it. To have remorse though he'd have to admit guilt and he can't do that. He reminds me of a used car salesman or one of those really low level mafia guys that never made it past 6th grade.
    This.

heh Like Henry Hill. You ever see any of his interviews? He kind of reminds me of Henry Hill, although Henry is much smarter and sophisticated. And saying Henry Hill is more sophisticated than Defeo pretty much says it all about Defeo lmao

heh Like Henry Hill. You ever see any of his interviews? He kind of reminds me of Henry Hill, although Henry is much smarter and sophisticated. And saying Henry Hill is more sophisticated than Defeo pretty much says it all about Defeo lmao
    I have a soft spot for Henry. Mostly from the movie of course. It's my favorite mobster movie.

I have a soft spot for Henry. Mostly from the movie of course. It's my favorite mobster movie.
    Best movie ever made. Not just the best gangster movie. The best movie. Period.

Best movie ever made. Not just the best gangster movie. The best movie. Period.
    Yep. It's hands down at the top of my list of best movies I've ever watched. If it comes on, if there is 2 minutes to go or right in the middle. I stop and watch. It is so fascinating. And Ray Liotta did such a great job.

Loved it. He is a lunatic and I think he killed all of them. Dawn was another victim. In her death photo, she is belly down and there does not appear to be a sign of a struggle. He shot her in the back just like the rest of them. What I can't figure out is WHY? I understand the dad was an abusive asshole. But why kill your smaller siblings? Why not just take out the dad?
    Because he would have to share the estate with them. I think he was stoned enough to think that he could get away with it and didn't want to share the money with his siblings. I mean if the dad was that big of an asshole, he could have moved out. No one was making him stay there.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Because he would have to share the estate with them. I think he was stoned enough to think that he could get away with it and didn't want to share the money with his siblings. I mean if the dad was that big of an asshole, he could have moved out. No one was making him stay there.
    Good points. Thanks for sharing your thoughts

I wonder if mammy ever watched it.

weirdgurl Guest
    Yes. He made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Definitely no conscience. I hope life means life for this one.

Today is the DeFeo family's deathaversary. I hope they have peace, wherever they are.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    I wonder why no inside photos?
    That is a nice house, regardless of its past.

The Conjuring Part 2's opening part takes place inside the Amityville Horror House, Defeo massacre is reinacted.

Asked hubby if we could buy the house and he promptly told me NO!

I'd buy it and throw a Deathhag convention there.

Same here..on off nights rent it out for 500 a night to paranormal investigators.....Big money....
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

I'd buy it in a heartbeat!
    ...and promptly put the original windows back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Torious View Post
    I'd buy it in a heartbeat!
    ...and promptly put the original windows back in.
    This right here, it would be restored to its full Amityville Glory.

Yeah I agree SMG, good riddance to Ronald.

51. 03-15-2021, 03:58 PM