Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/11 Terrorist Attacks and Their Aftermath

Guest Guest
    dang...sniff....never saw that one...dang it now I'm dripping again!

xenaswolf Guest
    I just went and rewatched both...Tami is looking at me like I've lost my mind...she just hands me the box of Kleenex...she knows I'm a bawl baby LOL

redkatrampant Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    I just went and rewatched both...Tami is looking at me like I've lost my mind...she just hands me the box of Kleenex...she knows I'm a bawl baby LOL
    Tell Tami not to let you look at the Charleston 9 thread, and hug her for me.

We know you are quite sane.

xenaswolf Guest
    LOL I actually think the doc should increase the celexa, especially at this time of the month/year. I HATE the holidays...

redkatrampant Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    LOL I actually think the doc should increase the celexa, especially at this time of the month/year. I HATE the holidays...
    They are trying. Especially with Hubby gone through them.

I may need a valium or two. But you know what?
    I am the one who decorates, who decides when we get the tree and where we put. I am the one who gets the kids clothes, and shops, and creates the whole frickin yuletide thing.
    Um apparently I AM Christmas.
    sigh

ratkin638 Guest
    This is slightly (OK - maybe more than slightly) off the topic, but have any of you seen the teaser/trailer/commercial for the original Spiderman movie that got scrapped by 9/11? The whole thing is made up of footage that's not from the movie, and it ends with a group of bad guys stuck in a giant spider web strung between the towers of the World Trade Center.

Why would a beer company be paying a tribute to 911?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

ratkin638 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Why would a beer company be paying a tribute to 911?
    The Bud commercial was just a few months after 9/11 (the 2002 Super Bowl), so it was pretty much The Thing To Do at the time. I don't mean to denigrate their intentions; it's an artifact of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin638 View Post
    The Bud commercial was just a few months after 9/11 (the 2002 Super Bowl), so it was pretty much The Thing To Do at the time. I don't mean to denigrate their intentions; it's an artifact of the time.
    Fair enough, given the context.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

lump in my throat :/
    pull the string!

TheMysterian Guest
    I've seen it before,very moving!

9/11 hijacker on tape

this a tape of Ziad Jarrah taken about a year before Sept 11/01. He was the pilot of United 93.

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/11/23/video-911-hijacker-yuks-it-up-on-martyrdom-tape/

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    What a goofball...Boy, he wasn't exactly the braintrust was he...what the hell was he thinkin?!?!?!?!?

Armcast Guest
    It's tapes like these that make me glad I'm not politically correct....human excrement..that's all these terrorists are, just plain excrement.

guardmom2008 Guest
    A total waste of space.

WendyK Guest
    Brain washed PRICK

He was a hottie.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    He was a hottie.
    WAS is the key word my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    WAS is the key word my friend...
    Yes hes dead now thats kinda hot too!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

WendyK Guest
    Yes hes dead now thats kinda hot too!
    I wonder what he looks like now??? * snickers*

I wonder what he looks like now??? * snickers*
    Ashy?

WendyK Guest
    Ashy?

I was thinking pastey..

cachluv Guest
    He was a hottie.
    ---Dammit. That evil motherfucker was hot. Damn! I hate that!!

gemini33 Guest
    He wasn't as unibrowed in real life as they portrayed him in "United 93".

WendyK Guest
    Give Ernie a break!

bluebird14 Guest
    I went to high school on a military base in Puerto Rico. I remember sitting in English class being bored to death when someone came running into the class screaming about the twin towers.

I was scared, angry, horrified, and I cried my eyes out all day. What a horrible day in history.

Armcast Guest
    Give Ernie a break!

I thought it was Bert that was Evil...

interesting article here in Newsweek on the remains of the 19 hijackers from the 9/11 attacks. So far they have collected 24lbs of flesh and ones from the hijackers and it is being kept by the FBI as evidence. no one has tried to claim the remains of any of the hijackers:
    http://www.newsweek.com/id/177724/output/print
    Last edited by cash; 01-03-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Apparently Willie Nelson feels it was an inside job, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFnpzanjPpA

I'm going to keep my comments about 9/11 off of this thread...

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Apparently Willie Nelson feels it was an inside job, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFnpzanjPpA

I'm going to keep my comments about 9/11 off of this thread...
    I think he has smoked to many J's ontop of the White House lol !

Pamebabby Guest
    I was actually driving to the local school bus depot that morning. We had boought our property from the dispatcher, and I needed to ask her a question about taxes. As I was driving east, this damn plane came roaring over-head, it didn;t sound right and was way too low. I thought "what the frig is this about? Pilot must be nuts." I found out after I got back home that the plane in question was Flight 93, the one that went down in Shanksville, about 40 miles east of my home. My daughter and her boyfriend were watching tv while I was gone, and were jumping up and down and screaming about planes, buildings, and I really thought they were sniffing glue or something until I saw the tv myself. I was horrified, sickened, and really did nothing the rest of the day and night, just mesmerized by the whole thing. I just kept thinking about all the people who were surely killed, and wondered why. My husband and I have been to the Shanksville memorial 3 times, and we have on video my 2 grandkids taking part in a flag dedication service there. My husband and I were also in the Towers back long ago, visiting his aunt who worked there. For a country girl, they were HUGE! But beautiful, and I was so saddened to see them fall, but I sort of figured nothing could hold up after what had been done to them. That's my story on 9/11, and the passage of almost 8 years doesn't help the hurt.
    Last edited by Pamebabby; 01-04-2009 at 02:10 PM.

GrinReaper Guest

911 call on 9/11

To me, the ending is chillling...
    The call brought me as close to the tragedy as I could get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piZtkF402Dg

oh my god. I was ok until the end. I'm tearing up now geezus
    Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. ~Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

Fujicakes Guest
    oh my god that gave me chills. I think it's even more heartbreaking that they put a face to the voice.

That is horrifying. You can hear the walls come down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

carebearsluv Guest
    On last Sept 11, I watched a documentary on the History Channel that complied a 2 or 3 hours worth of footage from 9/11 that wasn't shown in the news. They showed the people jumping out of windows, and they played a lot of the 911 calls from the people inside...

carebearsluv Guest
    Oh wow....the end

Quote Originally Posted by carebearsluv View Post
    On last Sept 11, I watched a documentary on the History Channel that complied a 2 or 3 hours worth of footage from 9/11 that wasn't shown in the news. They showed the people jumping out of windows, and they played a lot of the 911 calls from the people inside...

Fujicakes Guest
    The Falling Man Documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXnA9FjvLSU

Somersett Leigh Guest
    Hi! I am new to this thread. Thank u Fuji for posting that link. The "jumpers" are what fascinates me most about 9/11. So horrible. Everytime I see that pic I just tell myself its not real just to be able to look at it. Of course I know it is, but it just breaks my heart. I always wonder what was going through his head. Anyway I have enjoyed reading through this thread! You all have a lot of good info!

Impatience Guest

No More Freedom

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090327...11architecture

NEW YORK (AFP) – The owners of the skyscraper being built at Ground Zero ran into controversy on Friday with the decision to strip the building of its patriotic unofficial name "Freedom Tower."
    "No more freedom," read the front page of the Daily News, declaring in an editorial that the site's owner, the New York and New Jersey Port Authority, was "erasing history."
    "Freedom is out of fashion at Ground Zero," rival tabloid the New York Post said.
    The Port Authority announced that the planned 1,776-foot building, now barely above its foundations, will instead be known by the same name as one of the twin towers destroyed in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks: One World Trade Center.
    Port Authority Chairman Anthony Coscia made the announcement Thursday, saying: "As we market the building we will ensure that the building is presented in the best possible way.... One World Trade Center is its address, it's the one that we are using."
    The spat coincided with the signing on Thursday of the building's first commercial tenant -- a 21-year deal with China's Vantone Industrial Company.
    The Chinese company will take up the entire 65th and 69th floors and part of the 64th with a business and cultural facility dubbed the China Center.
    Following a series of delays, the building is not scheduled to be ready for occupancy until 2014.
    Susan Regenhard, the mother of one of the firefighters killed on 9/11, along with nearly 3,000 other people, said the Port Authority cared about marketing more than memories.
    "It's all about marketing, all about PR, all about them making money," Regenhard told AFP.
    Regenhard said she was never a fan of the "Freedom Tower" name because the the mammoth project is allegedly riddled with unsafe work.
    "What's in a name? It's about the nature of these buildings," she said. "This is the number one terrorist target in the world."
    Former New York Governor George Pataki, first to coin the name "Freedom Tower," reacted defiantly.
    "The Freedom Tower isn't going to be One World Trade Center, it's going to be the Freedom Tower," he said in comments broadcast on NY1 television.
    "I think One and Two World Trade Center are sacred names which should never be used again," said Pataki.

Feelings?

The "Fuck All Y'all Tower" would say it better.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 03-27-2009 at 07:18 PM.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I have to agree. I think the Freedom Tower is the proper name for it. World Trade Center 1 & 2 should be retired. Being the number one terrorist target, I don't know that I would want an office there let alone 2 1/2 whole floors

A lot of stupid things have happened since that horrible day, but this has to be at the top of the stupid list.

Adiposeur Guest
    Okay, you don't want "Freedom Tower"? At least retire the freaking previous names. That's just disrepectful of those who died IMO.

Impatience Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiposeur View Post
    Okay, you don't want "Freedom Tower"? At least retire the freaking previous names. That's just disrepectful of those who died IMO.
    agreed.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    ditto

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    The "Fuck All Y'all Tower" would say it better.

I'll vote for that

Sam Guest
    Donald Trump brought up something in 2005 that I agree with, but I was wondering what others think.
    He thinks instead of building the "Freedom Tower" which has run into design problems, NYC should rebuild the World Trade Center Towers exactly where they stood, only one story taller. To show terrorist that they didn't "win".
    Terrorist chose the WTC twice because to them it was a "symbol" of America.
    I personally think it's a shame to loose that "symbol" myself, and I'm drawn to movies, TV shows, etc. that have the WTC in them.
    I think we should rebuild them, only stronger than they were, and make them the TALLEST structures in the entire world.
    What do you think?
    It's a hard decision. I guess I just don't like seeing memorials built to terrorist.
    I know they're supposed to be for the people who lost their lives, Oklahoma City, the McDonald's in Southern California, the World Trade Center, but the first things we think of are, the planes flying into the towers, the towers falling, half the building in Oklahoma City being blown away, THEN we think about the people who died.
    I guess if I'd been alive at the time of Pearl Harbor, I'd have wanted the Arizona raised, rebuilt, and go after Japan.
    Why not build a memorial on the plaza between the two new towers?
    Yes, they were kinda ugly, but they were ours, and we got used to them. I miss seeing them in pictures of the NYC skyline, and miss watching for them when flying into NYC.
    I'd like to see them again to show the terrorist that;
    You can wound us, you can kill us, you can hurt us, But you can't kill our spirit, our pride, or our country, and like a Phoenix, rising out of the ashes, we'll be back, and we'll come after you. You aren't going to win!

Just looked up some of the ships that were at Pearl Harbor 12-7-1941.

USS Arizona, sank, is now a memorial.
    USS Oklahoma, capsized, scrapped 1942.
    USS Nevada, sat in several feet of water for 2 months, repaired and returned to service May 1943, used as target for atomic testing 1946, sunk by the Navy 1948.
    USS Vestal, beached, repaired 1942, scrapped 1950.
    USS Tennessee, badly damaged, went in for repairs in, returned to service in May 1943.
    USS West Virginia, badly damaged, went in for repairs, returned to service in mid 1944, scrapped 1959.
    USS Maryland, went back into service February 1942, scrapped 1959.
    USS California, sank completely, raised March 1942, returned to service January 1944, scrapped 1959.
    All of these ships suffered loss of life, none as bad as the Arizona, or Oklahoma, but men died on them just the same.
    Many of these ships were build in 1912, 1914, 1916, and all were old when they were attacked, but they returned to the Pacific, many looked completely new, some looked the same, but they returned and gave the Japanese a major dose of "Whup ASS"
    Can you imagine how the Japs felt when they saw the VERY SAME ships they'd bombed at Pearl Harbor BACK, and attacking them!
    Like the Phoenix, they rose up from not the ashes, but the ocean floor, and showed the Japanese what Americans are all about!
    I say, put the towers back where they were, the bodies of those poor people who perished aren't there at the "footprints" of those towers. Sadly they're at some scrap yard where the debris was taken.
    Without a doubt, no person alive over the age of 5 on September 11th, 2001, will ever be able to forget what we were doing, or where we were, that fateful day!
    Just as we will never forget where we were, or what we were doing, on the day John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King, or Robert F. Kennedy, were killed.
    I used to burst into tears when I was a child, and saw any film footage of the Pearl Harbor attack. My nephew was 10 when he saw the movie "Pearl Harbor" and he sobbed.
    Gee, I didn't intend to get up on this "Soap Box", but I feel so strongly about attacks on American soil, and I guess I just relate Pearl Harbor so much to the destruction of the World Trade Center, I think HUGE retaliation is necessary!
    WHERE is OSAMA?

Is this the building they're going to build? It looks kind of pretty, no so bad, they said it would be finished in 2009?
    I wish they'd get started already, we may rise like a Phoenix, but it's a damn slow one!
    It's time to stop crying, and clawing our faces, and show the world what we're made of, REBUILD!

Well said Sam.