Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebs Whose Children Died

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    Who's child drowned in Durante's fountain? or was it W.C. Fields? My memory is shoddy as all hell.
    Man, thats so familar... maybe I shall google ...

lisalouver Guest
    Who's child drowned in Durante's fountain? or was it W.C. Fields? My memory is shoddy as all hell.
    Sweet Jesus, I found it!

On all places... WC Fields FAD entry!!!

2 year old son of Anthony Quinn and his wife..

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Sweet Jesus, I found it!

I forgot it was on FAD! I can never remember where I read anything! That's terrible.

Actually come to think of it, Lou Costello lost a kid to drowning too.

lisalouver Guest
    I forgot it was on FAD! I can never remember where I read anything! That's terrible.

Actually come to think of it, Lou Costello lost a kid to drowning too.
    I'm sure I read it there at first too and forgot!

Yeah, on Lou Costello... lot of drownings of little ones

radiojane Guest
    Charles Macarthur and Helen Hayes lost a daughter to Polio at 19....

Lol all this info from all the celeb bios I've read comes trickling back so slowly...

Jerry Lee Lewis had a 3 year old son drown in his swimming pool, very early 60's.

Robert Plant had a son die at a very young age.

Keith Richards also lost a son at a very young age.

Gregory Peck and his wife Greta kukkonen last their son Jonathan Gregory Peck, 31 from a self inflicted gunshot wound..

STsFirstmate Guest
    Moral of story celebs with kids should not be allowed to have pools , fountains or even deep buckets apparently.
    Regards,
    Mary

gemini33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Moral of story celebs with kids should not be allowed to have pools , fountains or even deep buckets apparently.
    Regards,
    Mary
    No doubt. Didn't Bruce Dern also lose a young daughter to drowning?

Richie Meeker, son of Mary Tyler Moore and Dick Meeker, died from a accidental gunshot.

Matthew Ansara, son of Barbara Eden and Michael Ansara, died from a drug overdose.

Jenny Lee Arness , daughter of Jim Arness and Virginia Chapman, died of a drug overdose.

Burt Bacharach and Angie Dickenson - daughter, Nikki Bacharach died from using helium combined
    with a plastic bag. She had Aspergerâ??s Syndrome, which may have led to her bizarre death.

Djen Guest
    Prince and his wife at the time, Mayte Garcia, lost a son very shortly after birth because of a genetic problem.

screaming_mimi Guest
    Carroll O'Connor lost his son Hugh to a very publicized suicide...And then spent the rest of his life condeming on tv & in print the drug dealer he believed responsible for Hugh's decent into drugs...

Pat Bateman Guest
    Bill Bixby and Brenda Benet's son Christopher Sean Bixby died and Brenda later committed suicide on the anniversary of his death.

Reecy Guest
    Paul Newman lost a son through drugs

So did Barbara Eden

Oprah lost a child in the womb.

As for Jerseysucks forgive me. I had no idea. I send you my condolences and a huge (((HUG))).

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Art Linkletter lost his daughter Diane.

Sorry about your loss Jersey...

Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    As for Jerseysucks forgive me. I had no idea. I send you my condolences and a huge (((HUG))).
    Forgive you for what? I really haven't seen any threads we've been on together besides Knut the Polar Bear and the world penis map and we've
    never had a bad word between us on anything that I can see. I see nothing to forgive you for.
    Thank you for your condolences and the hugs.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Do you think it was because everyone was there for the same reason and all wrapped up in their own pain? Not an excuse but may explain it.
    We lost my Nephew Mike about 20 years ago. He was a grown man about 16 months younger than me. My sister to this day says a parent outliving their kids is the most horrible thing she can think of and she wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    OJ Simpson lost a child (drowned in the pool) and Errol Flynn lost a son who disappeared in Southeast Asia during the war ( he was a photgrapher I think, noncombatant).
    Of course the Lindberg's child kidnapped and injured causing death during the kidnapping.
    regards,
    mary

Actually Mary it was a supposed to be a support group, there's a few of them out there, I have been involved with both in person groups and on line groups and the whole point being we all there to support each other. If someone in the group has a bad time because of an anniversary or whatever we give them our support and cry on each others shoulders. I ended up on a good support group on Facebook.
    The in person group we used to go to would probobly be like an AA meeting except for the fact they had Vodka Penne there.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.

Fancynancy Guest
    OJ Simpson's baby drowned in the family swimming pool, as well

Handrejka Guest
    Susan Saint James lost a son in plane crash and David White's son was killed in the Lockerbie bombing

Mammy Guest
    George Strait lost a daughter, Jenifer, in a car accident in 1986. She was 13 years old.

Kimmell Guest
    Roy Orbinson lost two sons in a house fire.
    In 1979, OJ Simpson's daughter drowned in the family pool.
    Anna Nicole Smith lost her son.

John Travolta and Kelly Preston
    George and Barbara Bush
    Ted Koppel
    Abe Lincoln
    Jefferson Davis
    Charles Lindbergh
    John Adams
    Bill Cosby
    walter koenig
    pierre trudeau
    john and elizabeth edwards
    mia farrow
    marlon brando
    jfk and jackie
    Stephen Cannell
    danielle steel
    Last edited by cash; 03-26-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Mammy Guest
    Dominick Dunne

Robert Plant lost his son, Karac, to a virus in 1977. He was only 5 years old. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he wrote "All of my love" in his honor.

Jerrry Van Dyke's daughter Kelly committed suicide.

John Walsh's son Adam was kidnapped and murdered. John Walsh became famous for it because of all of his work he did after his son died- hosting America's Most Wanted and such...

Charlie Chaplin and Mildred Harris's son was either stillborn or died within a few days of birth. He is buried under a headstone labeled "Our Mouse" or "Little Mouse".
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

NOVSTORM Guest
    Laurel from Laurel and Hardy son died 8 days after his birth

Rhonda Guest
    William Powell's son commited suicide. So did Charles Boyer's son. So did Gloria Vanderbilt's son. So did Shirley Bassey's daughter. So did Brian Keith's daughter. So did Louis Jordan's son. So did Robert Taylor's son. So did Ray Milland's son.
    Last edited by Rhonda; 03-28-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Marlon Brando's daughter commited suicide I forgot all about that.

Jacksmum Guest
    I'm glad you found this board, Jersey. Kind words, even from strangers are amazing and strengthening.

Vikki

TheMysterian Guest

Lou Costello Jr

Lou Jr. (nicknamed "Butch") on November 6, 1942.
    In March 1943, after completing the film Hit The Ice, Costello had an attack of rheumatic fever and was unable to work for six months. Later that year on November 4, he returned to the team's popular radio show, but a tragic event shadowed his comeback. Upon arriving at the NBC studio, Lou received word that his infant son Lou Jr. had accidentally drowned in the family pool. The baby was just two days short of his first birthday. Lou had asked his wife to keep Butch up that night so the boy could hear his father on the radio for the first time. Rather than cancel the broadcast, Lou said, "Wherever he is tonight, I want him to hear me," and went on with the show. No one in the audience knew of the death until after the show when Bud Abbott explained the events of the day, and how the phrase "The show must go on" had been epitomized by Lou that night.

Reecy Guest
    Dean Martin lost his son Dino in a plane crash.

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post
    I'm glad you found this board, Jersey. Kind words, even from strangers are amazing and strengthening.

Vikki
    Ain't it the truth? When I lost my brother I got an outpouring of love from Internet friends. Far more than in person. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post

Vikki

Like I said I am honored to be back on the board I've hooked up with some old frieds and I've made new ones. I will always hold my head high and Say I'm honored to be a renowned deathhag.
    I wish I could meet everyone of you and buy you an Ativan milkshake.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Sweet Jesus, I found it!

The child's mother was Katharine DeMille -the adopted daughter of Cecil B. DeMille.

VCNJ~

I think one of Bing Crosby's son committed suicide. Don't know if it counts because I think Der Bingle had already died.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Klopek Guest
    Supermarket mogul Stew Leonard Jr also lost a child drowning in his pool. During the summer months he airs awareness commercials and blames himself for being distracted. sad.

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    I think one of Bing Crosby's son committed suicide. Don't know if it counts because I think Der Bingle had already died.
    Yes, Bing (and his first wife Dixie) were long gone by the time the sons died.

I believe that both Lindsay and Dennis commited suicide (before they reached the age of 65 and were entitled to the money from their father's estate too). Gary died of a heart attack and Phillip died of cancer.

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    I wish I could meet everyone of you and buy you an Ativan milkshake.
    Bwahaha! Ativan milkshake! Love it! Count me in!

Flowergrrl Guest
    Marlon Brando's situation was tragic all around. He lost his son and daughter.

I didn't know that about Bill Bixby.

Handrejka Guest
    French actress Bulle Ogier's daughter died of a heart attack the day before her 26th birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack'sGirl View Post
    Bwahaha! Ativan milkshake! Love it! Count me in!

You got it and God can I use one right now.

death hag dee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    You got it and God can I use one right now.

Im sorry for your loss being a fellow NJer I eel esp guilty! Love to you and ur family!

DrDeath Guest
    My condolances too Jerseysucks.

For the UK hags there have been quite a few tragedies in recent years, the most recent being Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden's son being stillborn. Singer Lily Allen had a son also stillborn. Actress Kym Marsh lost her son Archie moments after he was born having gone into labour 18 weeks early. Another actress, Sarah Parish (who starred with Amanda Holden in Cutting It) lost her daughter Ella to a heart defect at 8 months old. The late comic legend Bob Monkhouse lost two sons- Gary to cerebal palsy in 1992 at the age of 40 and Simon (from whom he was estranged) died of a heroin overdose in a Thai hotel in 2001. Only his daughter Abigail survived him after his death. How he dealt with those I will never know. Was gutted when he died! From the world of sport Danny Mills, the ex England footballer, lost his son Archie to spina bifida in 2002 and he is the patron of their charity ASBAH.

There's probably more but for now I think my work here is done

Quote Originally Posted by ajlposh View Post
    Chuck Barris had a daughter that died. So did Cliff Robertson. JFK had a son die 2 dys after he was born. Abraham Lincoln had 4 sons, only one of which reached adulthood.
    Didn't the Kennedys have a stillborn daughter as well?

Klopek Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by suzycreamcheese View Post
    Didn't the Kennedys have a stillborn daughter as well?
    One stillborn, one died after 2 days, Infant respiratory distress syndrome.

Singer Boz Scaggs lost his son Oscar to drugs on New Year's Eve 1998.....he even wrote an article for, I believe, Newsweek a few months after and the pain he was undoubtedly going through really showed........

NewYorkDoll Guest
    mare winningham (who is great in HBO's mildred pierce) oldest son committed suicide in 2005.

orionova Guest
    King George V and his wife, Queen Mary lost their youngest son, Prince John, to epilepsy when he was 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Flmlvr View Post
    Singer Boz Scaggs lost his son Oscar to drugs on New Year's Eve 1998.....he even wrote an article for, I believe, Newsweek a few months after and the pain he was undoubtedly going through really showed........

I have a question for you and I think it's about Boz Scaggs but I'm not sure.
    Wasn't he the one who was on the highway and a truckdriver got pissed and shot his son in the mouth?
    I know this happened to a country artist I just can't remember who.
    Is any other HAGS want to jump in feel free.

Jacksmum Guest
    I don't think he's the one, Jersey.

He has one son, Austin Scaggs who is a musical journalist.
    Another son, Oscar, died of a heroin overdose in 1998 at the age of 21.