Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456714 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Where did Tate die? Were they still living in the house in the early 90's after Constance killed Moira and her husband? Did Constance take Tate to the murder house to die just as she tried to with Addy? lol......I'm way too into this show!
    Find out all this and more on next week's episode of Soap.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    I love, love, love Zachary Quinto's character (despite the fact that he bears an uncanny resemblence to my bad) and I hope he sticks around the Murder House. Those fornicating skeletons!

FooFoo Shnickens Guest
    . If he has pushed the reality away, does this also mean he doesn't know he is dead?
    Buglover, I am with you on this one. I am thinking he may not know he is dead. Or at least not understand his situation completely.

I thought he was creepy at first, but he is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters.

I hope dear Addie is not gone forever. God bless her.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Ben? Her boytoy?

Ben's her boytoy? Ben is Dylan McDermott - wife of Vivian and father of Violet. Is this who you're thinking of? What did I miss?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post
    Yeah, I knew someone on here had called that one. I remember Constance saying that one of her kids was physical perfection or something... I guess that was Tate?
    But last night when she said she was his mother I remember thinking, "Wow somebody called that one right" -- Well done.
    I called it! I don't know if I'm who you are thinking of, but I said it!

Another twist for you - what if Tate has a malady, too. A homicial maniac could be considered a malady in my book. What if....wait for it....Ben is still the perfect child who turned bad seed? Possibly Tate and Ben brothers? And the REAL reason Ben freaked because Tate wanted to spend time with Violet.

And just for the record - I'm saying Tate is alive. I think the house protected him from the SWAT team and they didn't kill him. Besides - do we really know Tate killed those kids? He doesn't remember it and according to his dream, he was dressed as a skeleton, so no one really saw his face...

***cue Twilight Zone music***
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoddess View Post
    That is so funny, when I saw the "blood" in the microwave I looked at my hubby and said "OMG the death boards are gonna be ticked off" , I was so happy to see the dog running around later in the episode LOL.
    LOL! Me either! Steve looked over at me and said "You're hiding your face for THAT? After everything else you've watched?"

Quote Originally Posted by FooFoo Shnickens View Post
    Buglover, I am with you on this one. I am thinking he may not know he is dead. Or at least not understand his situation completely.

I thought he was creepy at first, but he is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters.

I hope dear Addie is not gone forever. God bless her.
    I'm thinking he knows if he is indeed dead. And that's a big if! I don't think he is. But IF he is, he knows he can't go out except for Halloween. He knows how to follow the "ghost rules".

KarmaKat Guest
    This show is getting better and better every week. I to wondered about the security guard being dead. But he definately has a thing for Viv. I think Tate is Dead now. maybe he does remember the killings but just dosent want Violet to know so was just pretending not to know who they were?

I think everything that dies in the house gets stuck in the house as a "living" being - yes, including the dog. So it's very possible that Hayden killed the dog but now the dog's back as a ghost. Or not, everything's so twisted in this series that we can expect anything.

Is it possible that some of the ghosts (not just Moira and Hayden) are buried in the house as well? Like the doctor's wife? She seems to have her head cut with an axe in the back. Maybe the doctor got fed up of her obnoxious treatment towards him, killed the baby, and then killed his wife. The baby turned out to be the Infantata in the basement and she was trapped as a ghost forever in the house, who knows?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Ben's her boytoy? Ben is Dylan McDermott - wife of Vivian and father of Violet. Is this who you're thinking of? What did I miss?
    Sorry, I was thinking the guy who was reading to her daughter.

Another twist for you - what if Tate has a malady, too. A homicial maniac could be considered a malady in my book. What if....wait for it....Ben is still the perfect child who turned bad seed? Possibly Tate and Ben brothers?
    I assumed she meant perfect as in physically, mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    This show is getting better and better every week. I to wondered about the security guard being dead. But he definately has a thing for Viv. I think Tate is Dead now. maybe he does remember the killings but just dosent want Violet to know so was just pretending not to know who they were?
    He seemed genuinely confused, and that was when he was alone with his victims in the play yard, away from Vi.

I'm still saying Tate is alive. I guess we'll find out this week....

stay_zee Guest
    I am loving this show. I don't have cable, but I watched all 4 episodes on the website this weekend. Can't wait for more

I absolutely love this show. I think its going to be a kind of modern day Rosemary's Baby. The writers have said they wanted to pay homage to some of the best horror movies. Anyways, I think Tate is alive. At least I was pretty sure till reading this forum. LOL We only see Tate at the house, and on Halloween was the first time we see him out of the house. So now im thinking, maybe he is dead. I do think Addie is dead now. And she was actually alive before she was hit. I read that we will see more of her story, but she is dead now, and not coming back as a ghost cause she didnt make it to the house before she died.

I just thought, we did see Tate out of the house. When Ben said he wouldnt be his doc anymore, he met him at the park or something. Ok, so I think Tate is alive. LOL

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post

I just thought, we did see Tate out of the house. When Ben said he wouldnt be his doc anymore, he met him at the park or something. Ok, so I think Tate is alive. LOL
    Had Tate left the house though, before Halloween?

discod Guest
    Tate is not free to roam he could only leave for Halloween and had to be back for sunset like the other ghosts.He is dead and you wont see him off the grounds of the house again, but doesn't remember killing the kids as he has blocked it from his mind...hes got a kind of split personality thing going on.I dont believe the guy Constance shot was her husband and I think we are yet to see him...neither she or him were wearing wedding rings at the time of the killing.
    Ben could be the perfect son I agree and ive not figured out who rubberman is yet...although I dont think its Tate cos thats to obvious and hes only in seven episodes

RaRaRamona Guest
    In an old Entertainment Weekly it said we'd find out the true identity of Rubber Man in the Halloween Episode. So that would've been Tate. But that still doesn't seem right. Who knows.

Constance did shoot her husband. I think it's creepy that Moira is perfect as a young woman, but had the gunshot wound as an old lady.

discod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    In an old Entertainment Weekly it said we'd find out the true identity of Rubber Man in the Halloween Episode. So that would've been Tate. But that still doesn't seem right. Who knows.

Constance did shoot her husband. I think it's creepy that Moira is perfect as a young woman, but had the gunshot wound as an old lady.
    None of this is confirmed on the official site....and all Constance said was that she had loved the guy since she was 16...and no I still say RM is not Tate as he is only in 7 episodes

I thought Tate had that meeting with Ben at a park before halloween. I must have remembered wrong. And if RM was to be shown to us in the halloween epi, that wouldve been Tate..but I really do not think Tate is RM.

1karenhb Guest
    I still think Tate is dead because one of his high school victims said to him she would now be 34 years old and he still looks like a teen.

KarmaKat Guest
    Unless it is not Tate that killed the school kids but maybe a brother of his? That would explain why he cant remember doing it? And the age descrepantcy. Maybe Constance just named him Tate out of respect for one of her lost children?

I thought Tate had that meeting with Ben at a park before halloween. I must have remembered wrong. And if RM was to be shown to us in the halloween epi, that wouldve been Tate..but I really do not think Tate is RM.
    I thought he met Ben in a park as well. As for RM, I don't think it's Tate either. The Halloween is a 2 part episode so this week's is technically still part of it so maybe we will learn more. I can't wait until Wednesday!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by discod View Post
    None of this is confirmed on the official site....and all Constance said was that she had loved the guy since she was 16...and no I still say RM is not Tate as he is only in 7 episodes
    Didn't she shoot them in her house? I thought they were married. It also seemed that he was a serial cheater.

I thought I remembered there being kids dressed up in costumes at the park in the background.

buglover Guest
    I'm pretty sure Tate met with Ben during the day on Halloween. Tate took Violet to the beach on Halloween evening. As the sun was coming up, all the ghosts were returning to the house so I'm almost convinced Tate is in fact dead and he killed those teens in the 90's.

discod Guest
    Come on people really???? ..... Tate did meet Ben at the park....on HALLOWEEN!! yes it was daytime and yes Halloween isnt only at night! go back to wen the toyboy was reading to addie...listen to what he says!!

stacebabe Guest
    I read the pilot script, and it gives a bit more backstory. Violet googles Tate (something I've been wondering why the friggin' owners haven't done on their house yet!) he apparently, shot up the school in 1994, then came back to the house and shot himself. I'm going to guess it was somewhere in the chest or something, because we see the wounds of the dead ghosts on everyone else. Obviously they didn't show us any of that in the pilot, so it may be changing, or maybe she googles him in a future episode.

So Tate killed those high school kids. That means his "dreams" are actual fact, he just hasn't come to grips with it and thinks they are delusions and wants Ben to cure him. If he has pushed the reality away, does this also mean he doesn't know he is dead? I would think he does since he seemed to know that on Halloween he could leave the property. We've heard that he hates Constance because she had an open door of men and sexual encounters but if he can remember that, why can't he remember what he did before he died?

Where did Tate die? Were they still living in the house in the early 90's after Constance killed Moira and her husband? Did Constance take Tate to the murder house to die just as she tried to with Addy? lol......I'm way too into this show!

Deathgoddess Guest
    It seems like a school shooting that big would have been common knowledge throughout the country (ie columbine), so I don't know why the parents wouldn't be aware of the shooting. Especially since Ben is a therapist, seems like that would have been something he would have been interested in or maybe even talked about in school since he probably would have still been in college at that point.

I wonder about the google thing every week. If those people had died in a house I had just bought, I would try to find as much info as possible. Maybe it is just because I am a death hag.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    I read the pilot script, and it gives a bit more backstory. Violet googles Tate (something I've been wondering why the friggin' owners haven't done on their house yet!) he apparently, shot up the school in 1994, then came back to the house and shot himself. I'm going to guess it was somewhere in the chest or something, because we see the wounds of the dead ghosts on everyone else. Obviously they didn't show us any of that in the pilot, so it may be changing, or maybe she googles him in a future episode.
    They seem to be doing a lot of this on the fly. Rubber man was only meant for one episode. Unlike a lot of shows, they are taking the fans into consideration. They're bending & stretching their original ideas. Perhaps we will see more of what she knows. maybe she doesn't know, bc of how mad she was when she saw the dead kids. On the other hand, maybe she was so mad bc she thought they were dressed up to hurt him, in which case she does know. ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoddess View Post
    It seems like a school shooting that big would have been common knowledge throughout the country (ie columbine), so I don't know why the parents wouldn't be aware of the shooting. Especially since Ben is a therapist, seems like that would have been something he would have been interested in or maybe even talked about in school since he probably would have still been in college at that point.

I wonder about the google thing every week. If those people had died in a house I had just bought, I would try to find as much info as possible. Maybe it is just because I am a death hag.
    They had way too much going on to google their house. As far as the school shooting, it's possible they heard & didn't notice the town, therefore not making the connection. Or maybe it wasn't national news. certainly back then it wasn't like it is now.

babyblujems Guest
    I must say I don't know quite what to make of this except methinks it is most certainatly not Ben's child. This is a clip from the Piggy Piggy pisode
    http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/485...-6-piggy-piggy

discod Guest
    lol nah I wouldnt even say it was human esp after seeing it briefly on the scan xx

stacebabe Guest

discod Guest
    WOW!!!

buglover Guest
    Very interesting! I'm going to guess they wrote that out of the pilot so they could have a mini love story between the two of them. If Violet knew Tate was dead, I'm not sure she'd be making out with him........then again, it is Violet so anything goes with her and her morbidity.

Per Zillow http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11...33717381_zpid/

It was on the market recently.

08/09/2011 Listing removed $10,000,000
    07/28/2011 Price change $10,000,000
    01/13/2011 Listed for sale $4,500,000
    10/18/2010 Listing removed $8,500,000
    04/27/2010 Listed for sale $8,500,000

KarmaKat Guest
    So in what year did Constance shoot her husband and Moira?
    Sorry, but just re watching the first episode again. We know the house was trashed and pretty unlivable then. But right after the twins look at the rat and the red twin says "Awesome" we cut to a really quick shot by a window or door. In the shadows is that Moira or the Nora? Or am I just dreaming lol

I called it! I don't know if I'm who you are thinking of, but I said it!

Another twist for you - what if Tate has a malady, too. A homicial maniac could be considered a malady in my book. What if....wait for it....Ben is still the perfect child who turned bad seed? Possibly Tate and Ben brothers? And the REAL reason Ben freaked because Tate wanted to spend time with Violet.

And just for the record - I'm saying Tate is alive. I think the house protected him from the SWAT team and they didn't kill him. Besides - do we really know Tate killed those kids? He doesn't remember it and according to his dream, he was dressed as a skeleton, so no one really saw his face...

***cue Twilight Zone music***
    Sorry, Boss... well you nailed that one, definitely! Good jorb!

And yeah, it is interesting that Tate didn't even seem to know who those kids were. It was blamed on him, to be sure, but it could've been any one of the other peculiar people on this show... and there are so many, I don't even know where to start guessing. Could have been one of his "imperfect" siblings, pissed off that they can't be more like the kids that were killed. If he'd have killed them, he'd remember them.

Givin' this a bump. (Yeah, I have no life at all...) I forgot to watch once (3rd episode) and didn't want anyone else to miss it. It's kind of hard to keep up if you miss an episode... you guys were awesome in filling me in but since they don't show reruns of this, well you know, bump.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

I'm still thinking Tate is alive, guys.

1. Tate did go out during the day, but that was the day of Halloween. And he hasn't been out before since he didn't know coffee came in flavors. Could be coincidence...

2. He went out with Vi on Halloween night. When he was being chased down to the ocean by the teenage ghosts, he was sweating, panting and out of breath. By direct comparision, the ghosts were not.

3. The ghosts were concerned about going back to their whereabouts because the sun was coming up, Tate didn't seem to be concerned.

4. When Con told Vi that Addie had died, she showed Vi a picture of Addie and Tate. Addie was the same or nearly the same age as she was when she died. Tate looked exactly like he does now. It was a recent picture.

5. It has been leaked by the writers that Tate did not kill himself. So either the SWAT team did it, Con did it (but with her telling the team please don't hurt him??) or he's still alive.

I guess I'll find out if I'm right or wrong in a short few hours...

KarmaKat Guest
    Could Tate be in a coma somewhere? Half way between life and death. Not extremely likely I know but could explan somethings....
    Also he said his Dad ran off because his Mum was having an affair with the man next door. So it wasnt Constances husband that she shot with Moira, but
    the guy she was having an affair with

Okay, I didn't know the writers have said that Tate didn't kill himself. So... so yeah, I'm thinking there's no real reason to believe he's dead. If his mother was hiding him out or something, she wouldn't have Ben treating him, and I don't think that's the case, he's not at his mom's that much (I've no idea where he is, but it's not there). It would explain (kinda) why he didn't know coffee is now flavored, though.

That thing he did in the basement, to scare the girl from Vi's school... did he do anything sub-human then? I've watched that scene a lot, and I just don't know.

Also, I thought the same thing about the zombies having to "get back" before sunrise, while Tate wasn't anxious at all. I think they probably want us to wonder whether or not he's dead, but my gut feeling is that he isn't. Too easy.

But yeah, tonight will tell a lot. Is it just me or does it seem like it was a long time ago that this was on (instead of just a week ago)? Wow, last Wednesday seems like it was a month ago for some reason...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK try this one on, y'all. This is my newest theory.

Con has 4 kids, right? All have maladies except the "perfect son", but he turned into a bad seed. And one is a "monster" We know of:

Addie - malady
    Tate - perfect or malady? I'm going with malady IF he did indeed Columbined his high school

What about Ben? If Tate has the malady, Ben could be the perfect son that's a bad seed. Remember in the pilot when he was sleepwalking and put his hand to the burner of the stove? Con was right there saying, "Not now, enjoy the house" in a very motherly tone.

And then we have the monster...which could be the most obvious clue of all...Infantata. Most everyone surmises he is the baby of the Dr and Nora. But what if he's Con's last son? That would explain why Con and Tate can come and go so easily in the basement and not be afraid of him. And why Tate can "control" him as shown with the "Bully" and the 2 Intruders. He could be Tate's big brother, or little brother, but brother nonetheless.

What do y'all think?

I kinda got the feeling that Con was talking more about physical appearance... saying something like, "You would've thought we would've had cherub-like babies..." or something (man I miss my DVR).

I get ya concerning Tate being unafraid of that baby-thing, he didn't even notice it, it seems. So yeah, he could've sicked (sp?) it on the girl and the intruders, absolutely. But I don't know... something about the way Tate was telling Vi the story about the doctor and what happened to his baby, I think he was telling the truth as he knew it. I could be wrong (and usually am) but I think what he told Vi was close to what really happened there.

And that was a very, ah, personal touch that Con gave Ben that day at the stove. I was thinking it was a come-on of sorts, but it could've easily been a mother's touch, too. It's weird to think that Ben could be her son, I don't know why though. She's old enough to have a son that age... and Ben isn't the one who wanted to get rid of the house, so that would support your theory also. (It was the wife who wanted to move, wasn't it? Or was it him?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RaRaRamona Guest
    I also thought Constance was coming on to Ben. And I also agree about her saying monster & meaning looks.

The wife wanted to leave. She was so freaked out after the break in.

I am wondering if Tate died at the house, does he get to stay in his body? Moira does. Maybe it has to do with how you die?

stacebabe Guest
    Well, the pilot script says he killed himself, but we don't know that yet. I just re-watched tonight's preview, and saw swat team storming the house and Constance screaming "Don't hurt him!" so I'm guessing he killed himself, or was shot by police. I'm thinking the latter, because most suicides I hear of with a gun, people shoot themselves in the head. The police would shoot him wherever they could, likely the heart. Easy to cover up with a t-shirt.

As for Infantata, here's what the Pilot script said:

A blonde two year old BOY, wearing a Lindberg-era white christening gown with seed pearls long yellowed. His mouth and face is smeared with blood, his skin is wrinkled like an ancient man. The INFANTATA smiles, gurgles...

It would fit that he's the Dr. and Nora's baby. Here's a link with the pilot script links:

http://ahorrorstory.tumblr.com/post/...-spoiler-alert

Well so much for THAT theory...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Interesting episode.

"Tell Addy that she's the most beautiful girl I ever met." For some reason, I found that really touching... the whole scene. When Addy answered that where she is "on the other side" she's a very pretty girl, I don't know, I was glad they put that in. Because it said she was happy where she was, and that gave the thing an awesome kind of closure. I would imagine that if I ever lost a child (God forbid), those would be the words I'd want to hear.

I think the security guy or cop or whatever he is, is about to score a little preggo action.

And yeah, if I had bought a house where a murder-suicide had taken place, I'd have Googled the crap out of that. I'd want to know who, how, exactly where... and I'd think about it sometimes. I'd still buy it, but I would absolutely find myself looking at the spot where it happened, and the scene of it would play in my mind. I have no idea how I know this, but I do... must be the death hag in me.

I don't know why Tate didn't know the kids he'd shot or what he'd done... I have no clue. But even though he did it, I still feel kinda sorry for him. Not sure why Addy's afraid of him -- well, because of what he did of course. But he seems terribly gentle somehow, and he hasn't really done anything horrible (well, except that whole shooting-up-the-school thing...) he saved them from those Strangers creeps and now has saved Vi's life.

::And I cannot believe I actually looked into a mirror and called pigs... I'm SO too old for that...::
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KarmaKat Guest
    So in what year did Constance shoot her husband and Moira?
    Sorry, but just re watching the first episode again. We know the house was trashed and pretty unlivable then. But right after the twins look at the rat and the red twin says "Awesome" we cut to a really quick shot by a window or door. In the shadows is that Moira or the Nora? Or am I just dreaming lol
    So guys any thoughts on the woman in the shadows?

1karenhb Guest
    Thank God I taped it because I couldn't handle the Piggy Man and her eating the raw brains and other stuff. WTF! Certainly didn't expect the Piggy Man guy to get murdered. I guess we know for sure Tate is dead and all the shots were in the chest so we don't see any wounds. The medium from Craig's List (!) creeped me out.

RaRaRamona Guest
    [QUOTE=TaupinJohn;1228883]I don't know why Tate didn't know the kids he'd shot or what he'd done... I have no clue. But even though he did it, I still feel kinda sorry for him. Not sure why Addy's afraid of him -- well, because of what he did of course. But he seems terribly gentle somehow, and he hasn't really done anything horrible (well, except that whole shooting-up-the-school thing...) he saved them from those Strangers creeps and now has saved Vi's life.

/QUOTE]

Maybe he's atoning. As Constance said, maybe he needs the therapy to realize he's dead & what he he did.

So guys any thoughts on the woman in the shadows?
    I assumed it was moira.

The piggy death. HilARIOUS. I totally expected him to be butchered by the pig. The shot in the head was hysterical.

The schiool shooting was uncomfortable. Until the jock. What an idiot.

jeca Guest
    That was a great episode! I feel sorry for Tate, too. I'm wondering if Constance knows that Viv isn't pregnant with Ben's child, the way she's acting with her, is like she knows what she's carrying.

KarmaKat Guest
    Could this is be some reality that Viv has made up. In the first ep her doctor was trying to get her to take medication but would not
    tell her the side effects. Maybe she started taking them and this is what happened?

[QUOTE=RaRaRamona;1228955]
    Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post
    I don't know why Tate didn't know the kids he'd shot or what he'd done... I have no clue. But even though he did it, I still feel kinda sorry for him. Not sure why Addy's afraid of him -- well, because of what he did of course. But he seems terribly gentle somehow, and he hasn't really done anything horrible (well, except that whole shooting-up-the-school thing...) he saved them from those Strangers creeps and now has saved Vi's life.

/QUOTE]

Maybe he's atoning. As Constance said, maybe he needs the therapy to realize he's dead & what he he did.

The piggy death. HilARIOUS. I totally expected him to be butchered by the pig. The shot in the head was hysterical.

The schiool shooting was uncomfortable. Until the jock. What an idiot.
    I think you're right about the atoning, it's the only thing that makes sense. It's so easy to be sympathetic to his character... I so didn't want him to be dead! Before he crosses over, he will undoubtedly remember the killings, and that will be his last episode.
    Do you think, when he went for his gun, he was going to kill himself or try for the cops? Or do you think it was the "suicide by cops" thing?

I did NOT expect pig-guy to get shot! I think I was holding my breath while he was in front of his mirror, fully expecting a huge, squealing pig to come at him hungry.

I read an article today written by some lady-nobody about "Actors who are stuck in bad shows" and she listed Connie Britton first thing. So I clicked on it and the first thing she said was, "I've never actually watched American Horror Story..." and I was wondering how the hell she'd know it was crap if she's never watched it...

Anyone else read that? I can probably find it if anyone's interested... I just don't think it's a bad show at all. It's kinda like watching a good horror movie, just in weekly segments. It's one of the few things I look forward to (and I know it got picked up for another season, so I can't be the only one)!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]