Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Brittany Murphy

Wow I just read this on a Howard Stern board I go to, with all the jokers there I had to come here to see if it was true.

That's really sad. She seemed so messed up on so many interviews though.

RIP and peace to her family.

stacebabe Guest
    2009 is a total suck year for celebrities. RIP, Brittany. So very sad. I thought she was adorable - I loved her in Girl, Interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Girl View Post
    Here's what I find interesting:
    If one does a check on Soman Monjack on TMZ, there are several reports that he is rather shady. Claims allege that he has used various social security numbers, defrauded girlfriends and abused their credit, etc. People posting their opinions seem to be skeptical of his budding relationship with Brittany Murphy at that time, and claim that he is once again in the process of looking for a rich woman.
    While not knowing if any of this is true, I would be curious to see if his name pops up in connection with her death in any fashion.
    That is interesting! I was assuming drugs and or eating disorder as well, but that does make things a bit curious.

Quote Originally Posted by LitaMalibu View Post
    Geez, I heard the news from a Howard Stern message board of all places! As always I jump over here for the *CORRECT* and more tasteful insights. Sad... I loved her in the movies she did pre-blondeness (Clueless, Freeway, Drop Dead Gorgeous). She will be missed. Only two years older than me and cardiac arrest?
    LMAO maybe we were at the same board. I hadn't seen your post when I wrote mine, but I did the same exact thing.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by King Cryo-le View Post
    sad

I saw this one coming though, a few months ago there was a thread in this forum on the "blind items" about her (crack addiction, eating disorder...).
    I'll try and find the thread.

All sorts of lurid rumors for months. About her husband is suspect and maybe criminal. How he may of pimped her out for drugs and money. There was even a weirder one where she and some people stole silverware from a restaurant. Are these true? No idea-but yes,many rumors.

Perdi Guest
    You know it's funny you guys should say that...I saw the news on Twitter, and hauled ass straight over here to get all the right info!! I only believe it when I see it on here!!!

stranger_than_strange Guest
    Saw this on facebook posted by Hollywood Ending and came right here for confirmation. I loved Brittany in Girl Interrupted and she was gifted at playing the dippy chick.
    Cardiac arrest and stick insect frame I'm gonna bet -eating disorder and the body just gave up. RIP Brittany

unihikid Guest
    Amen perdi

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticakasha View Post
    Ashton to Brittany: 'See You on the Other Side'

Posted Dec 20th 2009 1:35PM by TMZ Staff
    Ashton Kutcher is already opening up about the death of his ex girlfriend Brittany Murphy, insisting the world "lost a little piece of sunshine."

Kutcher -- who famously dated Murphy in 2002 when they starred in "Just Married" together -- tweeted, "2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out to Brittany's family, her husband, and her amazing mother Sharon."

Kutcher added, "See you on the other side kid."
    Wait a sec, didn't another one of his ex's (non celeb) just recently die???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    All sorts of lurid rumors for months. About her husband is suspect and maybe criminal. How he may of pimped her out for drugs and money. There was even a weirder one where she and some people stole silverware from a restaurant. Are these true? No idea-but yes,many rumors.
    I read about the silverware theft somewhere or another. I don't know if it's true or not. It's all so sad.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

There was a girl he was going to go on a date with years ago that was murdered. They had only a couple of dates (I think)

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Meli View Post
    Oh god, her mom found her? That's horrible and heartbreaking!
    Thats what I was thinking, Her poor momma.

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    oooooo...maybe Demi should watch out!! Grimmy seems to have gotten hold of Ashton's little black book by the look of it!!

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Wow I just read this on a Howard Stern board I go to, with all the jokers there I had to come here to see if it was true.

That's really sad. She seemed so messed up on so many interviews though.

RIP and peace to her family.
    You like howard stern?? I may just looooove you!

Im a long time howard fan and I never seem to find other people that like him!

Kathy Najimy tweeted something sort of interesting about Brittany's death....

â??wrked w/& knew Brittany 4 14 years (& plyed her mom once as well) sweetst most talnted angel who got hked up w/ wrng people. we love u brit,â?

â??so sad this is truly a waste. feeling regret we didntâ?? do more. i love you so much Brittany and always will,â? she added.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/stars..._article_26945

Maybe there's something to those rumors.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

trinlee Guest
    What a shame!! I hope she is at peace.

Roaming Tigress Guest
    Such a shame RIP.

Guest Guest
    guess the LAPD is conducting an investigation...either they suspect foul play of some sort via the husband maybe? or they found drugs at the scene??

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    I really liked her! She could be funny or she could play a not so nice person. She will be missed, regardless of what the cause of death was. RIP...

Anyone else think this may be related to an eating disorder?
    I mean, the pressure to be super skinny is so intense for actors/actresses

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    Just about anytime there is a death that comes in as a DOA to the ER, from the location where the body was picked up, there will be a very good chance for some type of investigation, as well as an autopsy, to try and determine the cause and the manner of death, with all of the contributing factors. I hope they do an extensive post, to find out what happened to her. Carrera.

TMZ is saying her hubby doesn't want an autopsy done.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/20/britta...autopsy-death/

Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post

Murderers never do.

RIP Brit.
    The cruel, uneventful state
    of apathy releases me
    I value them but I won't cry every time one's wiped out

King Cryo-le Guest
    Kathy Najimy tweeted something sort of interesting about Brittany's death....

â??wrked w/& knew Brittany 4 14 years (& plyed her mom once as well) sweetst most talnted angel who got hked up w/ wrng people. we love u brit,â?

â??so sad this is truly a waste. feeling regret we didntâ?? do more. i love you so much Brittany and always will,â? she added.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/stars..._article_26945

Maybe there's something to those rumors.
    Yeah, there were a lot of people with very detailed information (ex-girlfriends.... ??) who tried to warn her about Simon Monjack. Some reactions from 2007 to her marriage :

http://www.celebrific.com/brittany-m...simon-monjack/

<LI id=comment-31138>lawless
    May 8th, 2007 at 3:31 pm
    Poor Brittney. She seems like a lost little girl who needs a man to define her and take care of her. She is always falling for guys she works with. How old is she 29 and has been engaged twice before, I donâ??t give it 6 months.

<LI id=comment-31209>John
    May 11th, 2007 at 6:04 pm
    I do feel very bad for Brittany. This guy is a full con-artist. He conned his girlfriend in London out of $20,000. He convinced a casting director to buy him a car in her name promising to pay the bill and of course never did. He works under different social security numbers. Heâ??s been married before, has a daughter in London. He tells people his millionaire business partner has just died and all his money is frozen. He is a complete sociopath. He gave his last girlfriend a fake engagement ring! Claimed it was 8 carats and he had special ordered from Switzerland. His lies are intricate and run deep. Get out while you still can Brittany!

<LI id=comment-31290>Ex Mrs Monjack
    May 15th, 2007 at 6:22 pm
    Thank you John for revealing the true nature of the beast â?? pity the poor girl didnâ??t just phone me first for a referral. I wish her well and a speedy escape, successful career and early escape or at least a quick annulment!
    By the way we are not in London, but not far off.

<LI id=comment-31294>charles
    May 16th, 2007 at 5:35 am
    #
    John Says:
    May 11th, 2007 at 7:12 pm â?? flag comment
    Simon Monjack is a con artist! He has been married before. He has a daughter in London. He uses different social security numbers. He conned his last girlfriend out of a car and her savings account. He conned the girlfriend before that out of $20,000 by stealing a credit card. He gave his last girlfriend a fake engagement ring. He ruined her credit. He convinced a casting director to buy him a car in her name and promised to pay the bill- never did. He also never paid her for her work and skipped town. He pretends he�s a millionaire and his business partner died and so his money has been frozen for the time being. Oh, and he wears his pants (that I�m sure Brittany bought him) way to tight. Like a stuffed sausage! OPEN YOUR EYES BRITTANY- see him for who he is!
    #
    sara Says:
    May 15th, 2007 at 11:10 am â?? flag comment
    Simon Monjack is has been married before and owes his ex plus many girlfriends serious amounts of money. He is a con man. Bought fake diamond rings for women in the past and wiped them out financially. Oh, Britney, you married him with your eyes closed. Good luck. Hope you have a pre-nup!
    #
    Ex Mrs Monjack Says:
    May 15th, 2007 at 7:10 pm â?? flag comment
    Hope she�s got a very good sense of humour and great solicitor on standby�..
    #
    charles Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 6:24 am â?? flag comment
    Simon Monjack is a tremendous con artist, sociopath and thief. It is amazing that he is still on the loose and not in jail! He has conned women into giving him money, changed his phone number all the time (pretending he was important), he somehow lost his familyââ?¬â?¢s money on the truly horrific film ââ?¬Å?Two Days Nine Livesââ?¬Â, and has been scrambling to catch a wealthy or at least connected women to open doors for him.
    He has been married before. He tried to attach himself to Alexandra Kerry at the Cannes Film Festival a few years ago (luckily the Secret Service must have checked him out asap). He was labled a ââ?¬Å?slick talking promoter with a dubious backgroundââ?¬Â. He keeps claiming he has family money, a wealthy partnerââ?¬â?¢s money, etcââ?¬Â¦but in reality he has nothing.
    If anyone knows Brittany�s Management, they should send advice: have background check done on Monjack�his past is so ugly it is not even funny�he was also bankrupt in the UK�it goes on and on.

<LI id=comment-31336>Ex step child of Simon Fakejack
    May 18th, 2007 at 1:19 pm
    Simon is the biggest FAKE out there he does not support his first born daughter (my little sister) how he hooked up with Brittany i dont know but the truth about him will surface in time.

<LI id=comment-31337>Ex step child of Simon Fakejack
    May 18th, 2007 at 1:26 pm
    management of Brittany Murphy i will tell you all you need to know to save Brittany of the embrassment she will soon face due to the worst move she made yet!

<LI id=comment-31359>Dark Angel
    May 19th, 2007 at 8:14 pm
    Run faster little pussycat â?? get away from him as fast as you can!

Zeta
    May 22nd, 2007 at 2:36 pm
    Simon Monjack has NO talent and has been waiting to con the â??big fishâ? for yearsâ?¦now he has Brittany. Hope she checks him out well. Why she could even consider doing a feature film with him and risking her career and reputation is beyond all reason.
    Here is his ONLY work as a feature director, he BBC simply stated â??what a messâ?. Donâ??t be clueless girl! What has he been doing for the past 15 or so years? Heâ??s a total failure and knows it.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2001/03/22/two_days_nine_lives_2001_review.shtml
    Monjack needed to con an actress and marry herâ?¦there is no way he was going to attach any talent to a project based on his own merits and track record. Spooky that he managed it, and hope he has not already blackmailed Brittany and/or threatened her family.
    He tried with Alexandra Kerry a few years back in Cannes, but the Secret Service caught on and got rid of him quickly and efficiently, and she denied ever knowing him although he tried to convince the world of the contrary.
    http://www1.excite.com/home/entertainment/celeb/page_six_article/0,13907,06_24_2004_9_-3,00.html
    â? PRESIDENTIAL hopeful John Kerryâ??s kids are downplaying rumors of potentially embarrassing romances. Daughter Alexandra Kerry, whoâ??s about to go on the campaign trail for her dad, insists sheâ??s not dating Brit producer Simon Monjack, a wheeler-dealer who was seen chatting her up at the Cannes Film Festival.â?
    There were numerous articles on this â?? Just goole itâ?¦A. Kerry had protection, Brittany obviously did not.
    Save yourself Brittany and really assess the situation. You did not know this man at all when you married him.

wdhebert Guest

Fishy fishy fishy.

wdhebert Guest
    We're told, however, despite Monjack's wishes, the L.A. County Coroner's office will perform an autopsy on Murphy. As we first reported, Murphy went into cardiac arrest this morning and could not be revived.

TMZ has also learned Britney Murphy's mother, who found Murphy unconscious in the shower and called 911, told paramedics her daughter had a history of [COLOR=#29A256 ! important][COLOR=#29A256 ! important]diabetes[/COLOR][/COLOR]. We have not been able to confirm if Murphy did indeed have diabetes, and if so, whether it contributed to her death.

Hippo Guest
    So are we to assume that her husband had something to do with her death, or that he just doesn't want publicity?

I was told to ALWAYS take an autopsy if it is offered. I did so with my mother, even though there was no foul play, just for the peace of mind. I didn't like the idea of them cutting her up, but I did get some peace of mind from knowing exactly what happened and that there was no way that she could have survived.

Pamebabby Guest
    Very surprising-she was younger than my own kids. I am thinking a Karen Carpenter here, I didn't even know her recent pictures were of her, she'd changed so much! RIP, Brittany, this is a bad year to be famous.

Elizabeth Guest

My Bet

My bet is on anorexia and cocaine (drugs).....and that husband of hers is so fishy, he should be served with a side of chips....

It's too bad, because Brittany seemed genuinely talented....guess Death does not take a holiday (especially this year)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

knothere Guest
    diabetis heart mermer drugs eating disorder
    ashutn to her ubby big falldown

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    Yep, it really does not mean squat that the slug of a hubby does not want an autopsy, he does not have any say so in a case like this. Carrera.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lily_Aleister Guest
    So I'm not going to say this to anybody that I know but I'm extremely creeped out. Last night I couldn't stop thinking about Brittany Murphy for some reason and started googling her images, and even updated my Facebook status to say: "It's really sad what's happened to Brittany Murphy, why did she have to become a disaster?" I had a weird feeling and the SAME thing happened to me when Heath Ledger died. It's really strange and I don't like it.

Anyhow, I just drove up to her house (my curiosity got the best of me and I live in the area, also remembering she had moved into Britney Spears old home), and the place is swarming with news media, paparazzi, and police. It's a little cul-de-sac as well. I wanted to take a photo but paparazzi started chasing my car and filming me, probably thinking I was a friend or family, so I freaked and bailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    So are we to assume that her husband had something to do with her death, or that he just doesn't want publicity?

I was told to ALWAYS take an autopsy if it is offered. I did so with my mother, even though there was no foul play, just for the peace of mind. I didn't like the idea of them cutting her up, but I did get some peace of mind from knowing exactly what happened and that there was no way that she could have survived.
    Well...it's possible the dude is in shock and just isn't thinking clearly, but I think most people would want to know why their seemingly healthy and young spouse dropped dead. I doubt this is a publicity stunt on his part.

Hippo Guest
    To Magnetic:

No, I meant that he DOESN'T want publicity and is refusing the autopsy for privacy reasons.

Lily_Aleister Guest
    btw, if you google map 1896 rising glen rd in west hollywood you can see the house.

Holy moly, I just saw this on Dlisted and had to rush on over here....I wasn't the biggest fan of hers, but it's is just so sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

trishsixxm Guest
    I'm thinking eating disorder too. She didn't look to good in a recent picture. I'm still floored by this. I feel so bad for her mother she was her only child.

That is so sad, too many people have gone this year

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrera_3.2 View Post
    I really liked her! She could be funny or she could play a not so nice person. She will be missed, regardless of what the cause of death was. RIP...

She was a good actress, which is saying something compared to some of the others who are strictly out for fame and money. I'm not saying that she didn't expect a payday, but she was really honing her craft.

trishsixxm Guest
    Well...it's possible the dude is in shock and just isn't thinking clearly, but I think most people would want to know why their seemingly healthy and young spouse dropped dead. I doubt this is a publicity stunt on his part.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think he's Jewish and from what I've read they are pretty quick to bury the bodies after death. Like I said I could be really wrong.

RIP Brittany.

Loved her in Clueless and how she delivered the classic "I'll never tell" line from Don't Say A Word, and of course the ditsy Luanne Platter on King Of The Hill.

The Grim Reaper is not done yet. And just 5 days before Christmas too, this sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

Lily_Aleister Guest

Lily_Aleister Guest

Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    You like howard stern?? I may just looooove you!

Im a long time howard fan and I never seem to find other people that like him!

I like him; I think that it's rare to find many women who like him.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Quote Originally Posted by Lily_Aleister View Post
    I agree with everyone else that something didn't look right with her...

punklove Guest
    It could also be possible that he feels the need to 'protect' any secrets she may have, such as an eating disorder... She was painfully thin.

No clue really, he seems like a creepy guy from the reading Ive done.

sablegsd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post

I believe Jewish people have an objection to autopsy for religious reasons, but he had to know that wasn't going to fly.

He looks lost in that pic on TMZ. He seems to have gained a lot of weight.

Tough stuff.
    Unless she was under a doctor's monitored care, or had been in a hospital for a minimum of 24 hours then I believe an autopsy is mandatory.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

MIZIZVOGUE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
    I meant besides TMZ....
    She looks like DEATH WARMED OVER in this photo!