Thread: "Site Protected" Pop Up?

"Site Protected" Pop Up?

I just had something weird happen....I was posting a Dear Effers rant in the vent thread. I had to reboot my computer in the middle of it due to technical keyboard issues on my side. Rebooted, returned to FAD, rewrote my post no big deal, went to submit.

Immediately I was redirected to some other page that said something to the tune of, "This website is protected by yadda yadda yadda and we've detected unusual activity from your IP address at [insert my IP address here, I don't even know it]." I had to prove I wasn't a robot before it would let me back on the site and post my rant.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm genuinely curious, because I don't know what kind of "unusual activity" they could be talking about, I don't do anything that could be considered illegal. I use my technodiva powers for good, not evil. I honestly don't even know HOW to do anything illegal online. *shrugs shoulders*
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

I'll let Mister Josh know.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That is odd. I have never had that happen before and no one else has reported it. I'm trying to think what could causing this. Has it happened since?
    Webmaster
    https://findadeath.com
    https://findadeathforum.com

I've been a member her since day 2 and never saw anything like that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Nope hasn't happened since. It's weird.

"I just go here!"

Nope, never seen anything like that since I have been on.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Are you using a bookmark or typing the site address in to get here?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Are you using a bookmark or typing the site address in to get here?
    I'm using a bookmark. I've posted in the forums here since with no problem. In fact today posted in the what are you doing right now thread just fine. Then went to post in the what's for dinner thread and got that again. It's really weird. I just had to sync my laptop and phone so they were on the same wifi because I needed something off my phone and didn't want to re-type it. But that couldn't have anything to do with it. *stumped technodiva*

"I just go here!"

Try deleting your bookmark, typing in findadeath.com, look for the forum link on the main page, then bookmark the forum once you get there. Deleting your forum cookies, and clearing your cache first should help.

Maria, are you still using the URL that Nick gave you?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hi all. I haven’t been able to get to the directory or elsewhere on the FAD site (not the forum) because I get that redirect saying my phone has a virus from visiting adult sites. Lol. I only watch cat videos and read celebrity gossip. I have pop ups blocked and I have cleared my cache. It’s very frustrating. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Edit: this has been happening for weeks maybe months.
    Last edited by Corydora; 09-24-2022 at 10:48 PM. Reason: To add time frame

H
    Quote Originally Posted by Corydora View Post
    Hi all. I haven’t been able to get to the directory or elsewhere on the FAD site (not the forum) because I get that redirect saying my phone has a virus from visiting adult sites. Lol. I only watch cat videos and read celebrity gossip. I have pop ups blocked and I have cleared my cache. It’s very frustrating. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Hello, Corydora! Sorry you're having this problem. I just sent Mister Josh a head's up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thank you. It’s still happening. I have to keep clearing all my cache and history. Then I can browse for a while until “bam” it’s back. I was going to do a photo of the screen when it happens if I can. The forum is fine by the way. I think I need to download a better antivirus on my phone. Thanks again.

Thank you. It’s still happening. I have to keep clearing all my cache and history. Then I can browse for a while until “bam” it’s back. I was going to do a photo of the screen when it happens if I can. The forum is fine by the way. I think I need to download a better antivirus on my phone. Thanks again.
    Or a good ad blocker.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just heard back from Mister Josh:

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Josh
    Cindy,

Thanks for the information. The site is being worked on at this time. I had no idea that there were problems with pop-ups on the site until recently when Scott contacted me as I haven't had any issues myself with it, even though I was logging onto it everyday. I imagine this has been going on since April. Not all users are having the issues but many are. I have been working on in for a couple of weeks and It has been very hard for me to pinpoint the issue when it is invisible to me. So I have had to resort to users giving me the information needed. No matter what I tried, the pop-up coding would not reveal itself even using all resources to find it. So I have decided to reinstall Wordpress for the site. I am hoping this will fix the problem. It seems to be a javascript issue. However if it doesn't work, we will be rolling back to March of this year with a site restore. We are currently down and will be down for some time. Once we are back up again, I am hoping users will let me know if there is still a problem as again, I have had no issues on this side and cannot fix it without user help. Once the site is back up and if you are still seeing issues then please contact me. Thanks.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD