Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Taylor

slingshot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    FABULOUS!!! Thank you Scott, Mark L. and Mark M.- what a MARVELOUS write up with pictures to die for!!! LOVE IT!!!
    I love the Liz addition! Interesting tidbit ---- about Liz claiming to have had an affair with Marilyn after she came onto Liz at a party. I had always read that Marilyn had tried a woman here and there but did not like it. IIRC, Joan Crawford tried to hit on Marilyn and Marilyn said NO bigtime. I guess the world will never really know.

Love the new Liz page, Scott, if you're reading this!

Got a good laugh out of "Liz threw her head back and laughed like this: 'AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!'" For some reason that had me spitting Coke at my computer screen the other day when I read it.

Oh, and you also got a nice shout out on the Hollywoodland FB page too....http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hollyw...d/233288866728

Quote Originally Posted by theladyinquestion View Post
    Love the new Liz page, Scott, if you're reading this!

Got a good laugh out of "Liz threw her head back and laughed like this: 'AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!'" For some reason that had me spitting Coke at my computer screen the other day when I read it.

Oh, and you also got a nice shout out on the Hollywoodland FB page too....http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hollyw...d/233288866728
    I loved the write-up on Liz, too! Great homage with just the right touches of bitchiness. I had the same Coke "spit take" reaction (ok Diet Pepsi) when I read about Liz becoming a grandma at 40. "You can feel the joy in this photograph."
    Archer Fact: You canā??t tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    This ring from Burton went for $8 million!!!
    No big deal...looks like my engagement ring. Yeah, right!

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    I love the Liz addition! Interesting tidbit ---- about Liz claiming to have had an affair with Marilyn after she came onto Liz at a party. I had always read that Marilyn had tried a woman here and there but did not like it. IIRC, Joan Crawford tried to hit on Marilyn and Marilyn said NO bigtime. I guess the world will never really know.
    I don't believe that Elizabeth would have an affair with Marilyn. She loved men too much!!

slingshot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ppepper View Post
    I don't believe that Elizabeth would have an affair with Marilyn. She loved men too much!!
    I tend to agree with you. Liz was a boozer though so who knows. Maybe she got a little too wasted at a party or something and tried it. I think some of these celebrities think its cool to be bi, or at least say they are. Well more so now than in Liz's heyday. I suppose its possible she tried it. I bet lots of actors and actresses have.

I like this from the newsletter:
    By popular demand, Elizabeth Taylor has been added to Findadeath for the Holidays.

A Facebook critique: "The article is repleat with sarcasm and apathy. The use of the Lord's name in vain is horrible. The going through of Elizabeth's trash is reprehensible and cheap. Saying she was insane towards the final part of her life is conjecture. She was in pain, suffering and she liked to laugh. She had no one to answer to and could be as outrageous as she liked as that is the benefit of being old. This article makes her look a mere character. And to call the final supper window stupid is simply ignorance and disdainful. Sophmoric writing at best."

My thought: "yep."
    Ahahaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    <3 My new fave!<3
    So true Scott what you have said about
    Elizabeth Taylor on the website.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 12-17-2011 at 02:56 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Hippo Guest
    Changing the subject slightly, I am wondering if there has ever been an inscription added to Elizabeth's grave? I know that mausoleum is closed to the general public, but surely someone can get a photo.

Same thing with Michael Jackson--the only pictures I have seen are from right after the funeral.

slingshot Guest
    I love this pic!

Elizabeth Guest
    ^^^Love that pic!!! Even in her later years, Elizabeth was still absolutely beautiful!!!! Miss her!!!

Miri81 Guest
    You know that movie they are planning on filming about her? Uh... yea... sign her up! This is Elizabeth Olsen. Even her name fits.

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  39.3 KB

Tebssis Guest
    OMG! Is she a sib of the Olsen twins? I see a slight resemblance to good ole Mary kate and Ashley in the pout and eyes, but that make-up, the look in those eyes and the pose is all Elizabeth! If she can pull off Elizabeths' sultry voice, you're right, she should be a shoe-in. Certainly gorgeous in this pic.

Just thought my haggy friends would find this interesting: My nursing teacher worked in Palm Springs many years ago, this was before all the Hippa laws, and one of her patients was Liz! This was early in her career and my teacher said that she was absolutely beautiful even without makeup, and that her eyes were gorgeous. She said that Frank Sinatra came to see her. Elizabeth wanted to give her a tip, which she couldn't accept, and Liz said that she wanted to give her something. My teacher asked if she could just look at the cards on the MANY flowers in her room. Elizabeth said 'Sure!' She said there were so many flowers, it was amazing. She was in a large room. She said that the flowers were from many celebrities of the day. Too bad she couldn't have kept some of them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh, and she said her eyes were violet. I would trust her because she was her nurse and performed P.E.R.R.L.A. (That's when the nurse looks at your eyes with the penlight - checking for pupil dilation)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pooh-Bear Guest
    Oh yes Michihunt her eyes were violet. I remember my mother talking about it. She was so beautiful, and from what I have read kind and none judgmental to those she met, knew and loved. You could never miss her or mistake her even in the baby pictures magazines printed. I just loved her in all of her films, but "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" is my favorite. She was smart and sassy and brave. Take the time period into consideration. And in "Giant"...where is the men's room? Elizabeth...you rocked!

I have "Go to bookstore. Get it Lizzy!" in my calendar for next Tuesday. lol

Elizabeth Taylor had threesome with JFK and actor Robert Stack, affair with Ronald Reagan when she was a teen: book

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz295iglOy8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Allennor Guest
    yes me also heard recenlty and its a bit shocking news to hear . RIP the world has lost another legend and great personality we will miss all his moves and actings

Lindsay Lohan as Liz was a freakin JOKE!!!! I watched because I wnated to see the story, but what the F were they thinking when they cast LL???? I mean reallly!!!

Now the dude that played Burton was flippin AWESOME!!! I feel bad for him because he did such a great job and the show will probably fall in the shit hole and he will get zero recognition... He should - I feel in love with him...

Lohan just plain SUCKED....
    My Posse's On Broadway

I'm with you SheJay. I haven't watched the entire film. The YouTube clips are bad enough. I'm not a Lindsay fan, but I was rooting for her. I love an underdog and good comeback story. Sadly, this one was not to be.

Dame Elizabeth must be rolling in her grave after that monstrosity of a TV movie "Liz & Dick", just sayin'...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

I picked up the book "Furious Love" in the bargin book bin the other day. So far I'm really digging it. I had a feeling Lilo was going to be horrible in the movie, so when I saw this book about Liz & Dick's love affair, I decided to just read this instead of watching the movie.
    I was never a "huge" Liz Taylor fan. "National Velvet" was perhaps my favorite movie. My mom, however, was a big General Hospital fan, and I remember her going ape when Taylor was slated to perform on the show. I actually found a clip of her outtakes on the show on YT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WABqYy--n3M
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    If she were that age today would Liz still have had her dark eyebrows the same way or would they do her make up any differently? Just curious?

I read somewhere that her eyes were so beautiful because she had a double row of eyelashes...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Thanks for posting these wonderful costume-test photos of Liz. Apparently they’re from the Shepperton-studio Cleo, since I don’t see her trach scar. These costumes are distinctly different from those eventually used in the movie. They have more of an authentic, ancient international flair to them as compared to the Hollywood-inspired (i.e., show us more of your tits, Liz) costumes eventually used. In close-up photos showing Liz in the golden gown she wore atop the sphinx for the Entry into Rome scene I believe I see a distinctly non-ancient ZIPPER going up the center-front of the gown.

Liz looks divinely Hindu in the light blue-gown in post #424 but in post #422 I swear she looks like her future self … Mrs. Senator John Warner, lol, fat and frumpy with messed-up hair. Based on her expressions in these photos, she must’ve been extremely bored with this tedious part of the pre-production process.

I didn’t watch the Lilo movie about Liz. Something told me it would be as bad as that Sherilyn Fenn-as-Liz movie made years ago, where the plot and dialogue seemed to be pieced together from various “insider” articles in the National Enquirer.

The sad thing is, the whole behind-the-scenes story of the making of Cleopatra is so fascinating. Much like the film Cleopatra itself, the behind-the-scenes story just needs a superior script. It needs to be painted on a broader canvas than that of a low-budget TV movie; it needs go back and forth in time, much like Citizen Kane, to put the characters into context.

I recommend this article about the making of Cleopatra.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...-taylor-199803

I was on a field trip with my son's 7th grade class to Forest Lawn Glendale. Weird field trip, huh? He does go to a private Catholic school and the field trip was to focus on the artwork of Leonardo Da Vinci and Michelangelo. In any event, we went into the building containing the stained glass representation of The Last Supper. I walked past a huge angel, at least ten feet tall on a pedestal that was about four feet tall and was surrounded by beautiful, lavender/pink, live orchid plants in full bloom. The orchids were about three feet tall and blocked the engraving on the pedestal, so I thought it was just a statue of an angel. One of the other Moms nudged me and asked if I saw where Elizabeth Taylor was interred. I told her no, and she pointed back to the angel surrounded by the orchids. Sure enough, when I looked more closely, the pedestal was engraved with "Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor." Findagrave has pictures of Taylor's final resting place, but they don't do the statue and setting justice. It is absolutely magnificent -- and is open to the public. It made me happy that Taylor has such a nice tribute that her fans can visit. There are quite a few celebs who are residing at FL Glendale who have private mausoleums that are not open to the public (Michael Jackson, for example).

On another note, my grandmother is buried at FL Glendale but I haven't been to her grave since she died in 1971. I asked the person at the front desk if he could find out for me where someone is buried. He replied with, "If you are looking for someone famous, we don't give out the information. However, there is plenty of information on the internet where famous people are buried." I told him, no, I just wanted to find my Grandmother's grave and he backpedaled a bit, and told me they would be happy to look up her name and give me a map on how to find her gravesite.

So, if you plan on visiting Elizabeth Taylor's final resting place or that of another celebrity buried at Forest Lawn Glendale (or presumably any Forest Lawn cemetery), you will need to be prepared to do your own hunting without help from FL staff.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Can't believe it's been almost two years now since her death. Found this web page when surfing the web it is a photo shoot with E and her children.

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/elizabet...children-photo

also found this, this is supposed to be her nude.
    http://thephotographer4you.com/photo...he-first-time/
    Last edited by pkstracy; 03-14-2013 at 02:12 PM.

I agree..that movie was gawd awful. Lohan needs to be institutionalized, not given a plum role like this. IMO the idiot that cast her in that role needs a good poke in the eye.

A movie called "Burton and Taylor" on BBC America starring Helena Bonham Carter and Dominic West as the couple just started. I'll pop back in from time-to-time to let you all know if its any good. It will be showing again immediately after this one ends if anyone is interested.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

I can't get through this movie. This is the worst piece of cinematic shit I've ever tried to watch.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

How was Helena?

Per the pics on the net, it's the best she has looked in years.

http://cdn.ph.upi.com/sv/b//i/UPI-51...eth-Taylor.jpg

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/sla...ediumlarge.jpg

37. 10-31-2013, 11:21 AM

Holy crap! I just saw a commercial for a certain department store that'll be selling a "special holiday pack" of her White Diamonds fragrance collection. Complete with hazy filtering the original commercial was famous for but without her image. Weirdness.

Elizabeth Guest
    There are some awesome pictures of Elizabeth and her children in the new issue of People.....

40. 11-30-2013, 04:00 AM

41. 11-30-2013, 04:03 AM

42. 11-30-2013, 04:06 AM

43. 11-30-2013, 04:08 AM
    Reason
    off topic

There is a reason you can't find any info on Lee Evans.......Because later on she was known as Dixie Evans......Her name is actually Mary Lee Evans........Evans — born Mary Lee Evans in 1926 to a distinguished California family — gyrated to prominence in the 50s and 60s with uncanny parodies of her famous doppelganger, Marilyn Monroe. Picture her with dark hair..........

Elizabeth Guest
    ^^^Um, MCghoul38, what does Lee have to do with Elizabeth Taylor???

46. 11-30-2013, 09:13 AM
    Reason
    Attention seeking instead of simply asking in the Feedback and Support section.

47. 11-30-2013, 09:23 AM
    Reason
    Attention seeking instead of simply asking in the Feedback and Support section.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    ^^^Um, MCghoul38, what does Lee have to do with Elizabeth Taylor???
    Not a thing......But her name was brought up for some reason.....I believe because she was the young lady who was actually snapped in the Infamous Liz nude........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elizabeth-Taylor-Layered-Bob.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	51074 1959

Name:	Elizabeth-Taylor-elizabeth-taylor-6129524-729-958.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	51076 1957

Name:	Elizabeth-Taylor-elizabeth-taylor-30183588-864-1097.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	403.2 KB 
ID:	51077 1954

Name:	Elizabeth_Taylor008.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	51075 1952

Name:	liz-taylor.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	861.3 KB 
ID:	51078 1948 at age 16 !
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

I saw her in Toronto at the launch of one of her perfumes in the early 90's.. I got close enough to see her, that smile, those eyes. It was like OMG Elizabeth Taylor !! Not only a stunning beauty, but a REAL movie star, I'll never forget it.

I like the family photo of Elizabeth taken in the '70s. They were sitting on the lawn and the photo included her sons, Liza, Richard Burton, her daugher-in-law Beth and her granddaughter Leila. Her sons had the long hair. They all looked like gypsies.

I know ! I thought it would be good since it was the BBC.. I suppose even they come up with a dud now and again. Helena got an Emmy nomination for this ? I agree with you.. a piece of cinematic shit !

Nice page you put together Scott.........And it's funny as well........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I came across this photo a couple of yrs ago. They look like gypsies.

Name:	ElizTaylorfamily.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	52147

I wonder if they are designer hippie/gypsy couture ? Lol

And very international, cross-culture couture romani.