Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Harold Perelson Murder/Suicide

I thought the same thing Imadeathhg. Awesom pics thanks so much for risking yourself for us to see

There's a family tree website of the Kitnicks, who were close friends of George and Sarah Perelson, and there is a link to a picture that includes them, but one needs a password! You can look at all the tombstones there that you want to, but pictures of the living and dead are forbidden to casual unrelated viewers, it would appear.
    One has to e-mail the guy who set it up for access, and I sure don't have a good explanation why I'd like to see that one picture.

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by imadeathhag View Post
    The ghoshunter in me says: In this pic in one of the tall windows there's something strange there. It may be glare but it almost looks like an apparition. It's probably my imagination. I took a couple of benadryl earlier LOL.

It's most likely a piece of furninture draped in a dust cloth. I sometimes wonder if that's why some people imagine ghosts as wearing white sheets.

Valerie Guest
    Brother George and his wife still in CA, according to Zaba:

GEORGE A PERELSON Born 1914 Record Created: 03/2002
    11912 RIVERSIDE DR
    VALLEY VILLAGE 91607
    phone=(818) 762-6865 Satellite Photo & Map

JUNE C PERELSON Born 1928 Record Created: 01/2005[/SIZE]
    11912 RIVERSIDE DR
    VALLEY VILLAGE 91607
    VALLEY VILLAGE, CA (818) 762-6865
    Last edited by Valerie; 06-11-2009 at 12:16 PM.

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Brother George and his wife still in CA, according to Zaba:

GEORGE A PERELSON Born 1914 Record Created: 03/2002
    11912 RIVERSIDE DR
    VALLEY VILLAGE 91607
    phone=(818) 762-6865 Satellite Photo & Map

JUNE C PERELSON Born 1928 Record Created: 01/2005[/SIZE]
    11912 RIVERSIDE DR
    VALLEY VILLAGE 91607
    VALLEY VILLAGE, CA (818) 762-6865

OK, so who's going to get up the nerve to contact him??

justinnah Guest
    wow, I'd like to see more photos, especially those presents!

7. 06-11-2009, 03:29 PM

BigBootyJudy Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RogerV View Post
    OK, so who's going to get up the nerve to contact him??
    I wonder if he's still alive? That would make him 95.

You guys go ahead, I'll stick with the stealth research!

debeth88 Guest
    Could this be the daughter?
    CAROL SUE PERELSON
    08 Aug 1938
    16 Apr 2003 (V
    11354 (Flushing, Queens, NY)
    (none specified
    160-32-2336
    Pennsylvania

Copy and Pasted from RootsWeb

Jazbabee Guest
    Lilly - your pics are awesome, and huge kudos to you for going up there for us !! I get the impression of incredible sadness and being forlorn - it's chilling !! How did it feel to actually BE there ??

Lily_Aleister Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by imadeathhag View Post
    The ghoshunter in me says: In this pic in one of the tall windows there's something strange there. It may be glare but it almost looks like an apparition. It's probably my imagination. I took a couple of benadryl earlier LOL.

I did take these with my cell phone so the lens may have been dirty. Or, my car window had a spot on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Lilly - your pics are awesome, and huge kudos to you for going up there for us !! I get the impression of incredible sadness and being forlorn - it's chilling !! How did it feel to actually BE there ??
    Definitely spooky.. it sits up in the hills on this little cul-de-sac. Very quiet neighborhood. This day in LA was especially gloomy also. I can't imagine how creepy it's going to be to go at night. I don't usually fright easily but I had a weird feeling being up there and honestly couldn't drive away fast enough.

I'm going to guess that June is George's second wife, since the wife mentioned in the Kitnick genealogy story, whom they first met back in California the early 1950s, was named Sarah.

That Carol Sue might have been related, a cousin perhaps, a daughter or daughter-in-law of Harold's other brother who may not have left the NY area, or his cousin. There are some other Perelsons who live in what is, judging by some listings online, a concentrated neighborhood of other Jewish families in NYC.

Judye Perelson, the eldest daughter who was wounded, was 18 by Dec. 6, 1959 (the day of the attacks) according to the articles, which puts her birth sometime between the end of Dec. 1940 through most of 1941. It would be unusual for a woman to ADD years to conceal her true age, and odd for someone to change just a first name, yet keep the surname of the Dad who tried to kill one, if the whole idea was to hide identity.

BigBootyJudy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    I'm going to guess that June is George's second wife, since the wife mentioned in the Kitnick genealogy story, whom they first met back in California the early 1950s, was named Sarah.

That Carol Sue might have been related, a cousin perhaps, a daughter or daughter-in-law of Harold's other brother who may not have left the NY area, or his cousin. There are some other Perelsons who live in what is, judging by some listings online, a concentrated neighborhood of other Jewish families in NYC.

Judye Perelson, the eldest daughter who was wounded, was 18 by Dec. 6, 1959 (the day of the attacks) according to the articles, which puts her birth sometime between the end of Dec. 1940 through most of 1941. It would be unusual for a woman to ADD years to conceal her true age, and odd for someone to change just a first name, yet keep the surname of the Dad who tried to kill one, if the whole idea was to hide identity.
    I agree Linny, I was going on the assumption that the names were changed of the children and tried first, going for their mother's maiden name of Silver but seeing as though Lillian had mostly sisters they would have gotten married and changed their names and if they adopted the children I would have to assume the children took the adoptive relatives name which was very common of the times and I don't even think it was a huge legal or formal deal to change names back then as it is today. Wonder if the writer of the news story would have any clues?

14. 06-12-2009, 11:31 AM
    Reason
    Repeats information already posted

Valerie Guest
    There is also a Joel D. Perelson listed in NY. If you google street view the address, on the front of the building it says: Torah Center
    Maybe he lives above it?

Valerie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBootyJudy View Post
    I wonder if he's still alive? That would make him 95.

You guys go ahead, I'll stick with the stealth research!

Me too. I don't have the guts to approace any of the family. Wish I lived near that house though...neighbor's dirty looks be damned I'd want to snap away.

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBootyJudy View Post
    I agree Linny, I was going on the assumption that the names were changed of the children and tried first, going for their mother's maiden name of Silver but seeing as though Lillian had mostly sisters they would have gotten married and changed their names and if they adopted the children I would have to assume the children took the adoptive relatives name which was very common of the times and I don't even think it was a huge legal or formal deal to change names back then as it is today. Wonder if the writer of the news story would have any clues?
    The idea that the children may have changed their surname is an assumption for which we don't at the moment have proof or confirmation. Doing so would tend to disassociate them with their father's entire family rather than just their father, and they may not have wanted this. Also, an adopted child does not HAVE to change his or her surname, and there's also the possibility that the relatives simply acted as legal guardians, and didn't formally adopt the children.

I mentioned in a previous post the fact that Lillian and Harold are buried together, so apparently her family didn't insist on her being buried in a different location.

burgtwngrl Guest
    Any Updates!?

Shamrocker99 Guest
    Lily thanks sooooooo much for the updated pictures! This is my most favorite thread on here and I get sooo excited when I see updates! Keep searching all and I'm sure someone will come across something on the kids!

burgtwngrl Guest
    I thought about writing the brother or the owner of the house a letter asking that someone from the Forum be able to view the house take some video but I live in OH so it would be useless for me to write I can't get out there at least not this year.

Would love to see some video like Scott did of Wonderland in this house.

NOVSTORM Guest
    I went into Zabasearch and accidentally typed in just Judye and not the llast name and I came up with only 4 women who had the name spelled that way in NY or CA makes me wonder if one of them is here and the birth date would have fit only one of them too.

debeth88 Guest
    I found something kinda interesting.....read the article called "Headaches Attributed To Two Causes"

http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Full...x?img=45107239

scott69 Guest

Talking

Will someone here at FAD please go inside that house, or at least take some photos of the inside! The suspense of whats in there is killing me! I would have a field day plundering though its contents.

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by debeth88 View Post
    I found something kinda interesting.....read the article called "Headaches Attributed To Two Causes"

http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Full...x?img=45107239

And what about ball peen hammers?? They can give you a BIG headache!

trose Guest
    And what about ball peen hammers?? They can give you a BIG headache!
    I had friends give me my very own personalized ball peen hammer after threatening to use one on someone. I still have it.

I don't know what they are actually SUPPOSED to be used for, but it always seemed to me beaning someone with one is a good use if need be.

Seems like the good doctor agreed with me. Yikes!

Tami

debeth88 Guest
    I was thinking maybe he was experimenting with this theory....we all know now that certain foods on certain people can mess with the chemistry on ones brains... but than it was still being studied. I think maybe he experimented around with this too much....spent to much time on his theory and not enough time on his practice causing the financial difficulties and messing around with the food componets probaly using himself as a guiena pig, causing him insanity............*why does this sound like a grade B horror movie from the 50"s* oh hell I am going to post this anyways....crazy as it sounds.

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by trose View Post
    I had friends give me my very own personalized ball peen hammer after threatening to use one on someone. I still have it.

I don't know what they are actually SUPPOSED to be used for, but it always seemed to me beaning someone with one is a good use if need be.

Seems like the good doctor agreed with me. Yikes!

Tami
    Ball peen hammers are normally used to work and shape metal. A skilled metalworker can create amazing shapes out of a flat piece of metal by just carefully hammering it out.

Have you ever noticed how they always specify what kind of a hammer was used as a murder weapon? Claw hammers and ball peen hammers seem to be the preferred varieties... "tack hammer" sounds kind of wussy, though you could do serious damage to someone with one if you were really determined. A sledge hammer would probably be the most effective of all, but it's quite heavy and kind of slow...

I came across this thread in search of **ahem** a palate cleanser, if you will, after so much Michael Jackson/Farrah Fawcett reading.

This story is absolutely fascinating!! My best friend does estate work and often goes into homes that have been untouched for 6-18 months, but this is something else entirely!!

Fantastic work by dedicated death hags!!

trose Guest
    Ball peen hammers are normally used to work and shape metal. A skilled metalworker can create amazing shapes out of a flat piece of metal by just carefully hammering it out.

Have you ever noticed how they always specify what kind of a hammer was used as a murder weapon? Claw hammers and ball peen hammers seem to be the preferred varieties... "tack hammer" sounds kind of wussy, though you could do serious damage to someone with one if you were really determined. A sledge hammer would probably be the most effective of all, but it's quite heavy and kind of slow...
    Thank you for that info, Roger. I really had no idea what a ball peen hammer is supposed to be used for & was too lazy to look it up.

I have noticed that about hammer varieties, though. Seems to me if a murderer wants to do major ripping and shredding then of course they choose a claw hammer. The ball peen would appear to come in most handy for just plain blunt force traumatizing someone.

Seems to me that murder with a tack hammer would take too long, and to use a sledge hammer one would have to be very strong and quite determined, I would think.

Okay, I'm gonna stop now -I'm starting to scare myself.

Lea22 Guest
    I'm a long time lurker and have been following the thread and thanks to you guys I'm obsessed now

Someone really needs to get up there and have a look. C'mon, it's killing me!

Wow! I just read this thread from top to bottom and I am absolutely amazed. Amazed at the eerie story, the pictures, the detective work, and the speculation. Kudos to all involved in putting this together for a fascinating read.

I hope there is more to come!!!

Any news yet

***BUMP****** anyone any nearer to getting there

Aylen Guest
    Is anybody here a member of Classmates.com? If so, we might be able to get something more here:

http://names.allhighschools.com/alum...erelson/963923

Valerie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Is anybody here a member of Classmates.com? If so, we might be able to get something more here:

http://names.allhighschools.com/alum...erelson/963923
    It could be that some well-meaning someone who wanted to learn more about the family and the house set that up using her birth date and graduation date in hopes that classmates would email the profile and could be gently questioned about Judye. Could be.

<whistling>

Aylen Guest
    It could be that some well-meaning someone who wanted to learn more about the family and the house set that up using her birth date and graduation date in hopes that classmates would email the profile and could be gently questioned about Judye. Could be.

<whistling>
    Oh, was it you?! You clever lady! You tricked me.

I hope you get something out of it to share with us!

Valerie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Oh, was it you?! You clever lady! You tricked me.

I hope you get something out of it to share with us!

No comment.

But if that IS what happened, and any info is learned...I'm sure it will make its way onto this board one way or another.

Aylen Guest
    No comment.

But if that IS what happened, and any info is learned...I'm sure it will make its way onto this board one way or another.

Ok, mum's the word.

And thanks.

YAY!!!!!!!

Duke Six Guest
    And here I waited all summer for this. Im glad the thread is alive and well.

burgtwngrl Guest
    Good Luck!

ginasaurusrex Guest
    Just finished reading this thread from top to bottom and I'm too curious... I live about 30-40 minutes away from the area, so I'll try to get out there in the next couple weeks. I'll sheepishly admit I've had a few brushes with the law and am pretty confident I can talk my way out of the situation should anything come up with regards to the po-po (playing dumb should work just fine) and I'll take as many pictures as possible. I'm not making any promises... my truck doesn't get very good gas mileage and to be frank, I'm poor but I'll do my best!

Awesome thread!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

ksol Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ginasaurusrex View Post
    Just finished reading this thread from top to bottom and I'm too curious... I live about 30-40 minutes away from the area, so I'll try to get out there in the next couple weeks. I'll sheepishly admit I've had a few brushes with the law and am pretty confident I can talk my way out of the situation should anything come up with regards to the po-po (playing dumb should work just fine) and I'll take as many pictures as possible. I'm not making any promises... my truck doesn't get very good gas mileage and to be frank, I'm poor but I'll do my best!
    You will be everyones hero if you can get the pix

Aylen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ksol View Post
    You will be everyones hero if you can get the pix
    Seriously. We're already taking up a collection for your bail money.

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ginasaurusrex View Post
    Actually, if you stay on the street or the sidewalk and don't park illegally or create a disturbance, you should be fine. Get closer to the house, and you might run into trouble. I look forward to hearing about whatever you are alble to see/phograph!

<whistling>

*wipes tear of pride*

Excellent work! Whoever came up with that idea must be a most resourceful death hag!

Here's hoping that it works...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

Incredible thread.
    I agree with the majority that there must be some personal connection from the present owner to the murder for it to be left in such a condition.
    I would absolutely LOVE to walk through that house, go through everything....
    that would be like Death Hag Disneyland.....
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrwzeigle View Post
    Incredible thread.
    I agree with the majority that there must be some personal connection from the present owner to the murder for it to be left in such a condition.
    I would absolutely LOVE to walk through that house, go through everything....
    that would be like Death Hag Disneyland.....
    "Death Hag Disneyland" I love it, and so true!

We don't yet have proof, but many feel that there is some connection between the current owners, or at least the ones just before them, and the Perelsons. It could be true, but I'm having a little trouble imagining what it would be. The two families certainly didn't run in the same social or enconomic circles. Employer/employees? Maybe, but how would domestic servants afford to buy such a valuable property?

Did the surviving family agree to the sale if the purchasers agreed to "keep a lid on it?" I don't see how it could have happened that way, as indicators are that the Perelesons were in deep debt, and any assets they had would first have gone towards paying off creditors who would have screamed bloody murder (interesting choice of words, isn't that?) if any property was sold at less than its realistic value.

I may be talking myself into a corner here because the fact remains that the purchasers came up with the money SOMEHOW, and whether there was a connection between the families may be a side issue. I think we may have discovered the easily-discoverable information about the Perelesons; perhaps we now should look at the purchasers and see what can be discovered about THEM and who they were.

Great points, Roger.
    There is something there. Maybe present owner feels that if he sells it, he dishonors his mother? I think it should be fixed up, items in it restore / preserved. I bet Mrs. Perelson's ghost walked there, haunting the place. I think there are secrets that are about that house. Or maybe the present owner is just too damn lazy to do anything about that house but put a band-aid on things that are visable and just let eveything else rot. I just don't know.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Roaming Tigress Guest
    Damn, this thread is fascinating. This place is the first place I've ever heard of it and what happened inside. I'm dying to see pictures of those presents!
    Last edited by Roaming Tigress; 09-06-2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Whoops, already posted :D

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Tigress View Post
    Damn, this thread is fascinating. This place is the first place I've ever heard of it and what happened inside. I'm dying to see pictures of those presents!

Hell I want to open to open the presents