Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Schlitzie

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    It is great! What will be done with the extra money?
    I am going to send the remaining $24.63 to Scott to buy flowers for when he photographs the grave stone.

woo hoo!!!!
    thank you so much colicky. this was your baby, and it was a lovely thing to do. way to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SenorMuerto Guest
    Way to go Colicky!

BIG THANKS for your work and dedication to this!

And BIG THANKS to all of us who gave what we could!

We should all be smiling today

I'm hoping to travel to L.A. to be there when the headstone is placed, if my schedule allows.

Here's some of Schlitzie's 'neighbors' at the cemetery:

http://www.findagrave.com/php/famous...&fameLevel=all

One of those 'neighbors' will be of special interest to DeathHags.

THANKS AGAIN!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Cool neighbors...Where is his "sister" i wonder...

Morbid1 Guest
    Damn! I cant believe I missed this!

Iam sending a payment anyway..more flowers?

Hope it helps!

-Morbid1

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Anybody know if Scott is aware yet? Bet he is over the moon...

I just received an E-mail fom Scott, he knows we have achieved our goal and he would like to be there when the cemetery places the stone. I hope the cemetery doesn't forget to let me know the date. Maybe I will give them weekly phone calls .

According to the paperwork I signed and what the cemetery told me, I am the legal guardian/owner of Schlitze's grave, or will be after the check clears. How cool is that?

pvezz Guest
    Fabulous news!

RoRo Guest
    colicky that is so wonderful!!!! Thank you so much for doing this for Schlitze and for us!!!!

I went to the find-a-grave link from above and in the leave flowers and a note section there is a comment about the no headstone...you should go and post a note about the upcoming stone!
    Last edited by RoRo; 08-19-2008 at 01:50 PM.

BigBootyJudy Guest
    Thanks for organzing and arranging all the Colicky! Hopefully Schlitzie is looking down from where he is and so happy he will not be forgotten.

Colicky,

You are fantastic! I am so, so proud to be a part of this and I have you to thank.

Thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Colicky View Post
    I just received an E-mail fom Scott, he knows we have achieved our goal and he would like to be there when the cemetery places the stone. I hope the cemetery doesn't forget to let me know the date. Maybe I will give them weekly phone calls .

According to the paperwork I signed and what the cemetery told me, I am the legal guardian/owner of Schlitze's grave, or will be after the check clears. How cool is that?
    That is cool...You are kinda like the pixie of FAD...

Way to go, coliky! I am so glad to be a part of this. Thanks!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Cynthia Guest
    Hey, shouldn't I get a huzzah? I STARTED this thread! Of course it's all come to pass due to the dedicated efforts of Colicky, but don't I deserve a small pat on the back for putting forth the suggestion in the first place? I feel a little left out (sniffle).

Anyway, many many thanks to Colicky and all the people who generously donated to this very worthwhile cause. We love you, Schlitzie!

1karenhb Guest
    Thanks Colicky and Cynthia. You both get a big FAD hug! I got teary reading the goal has been met. Hopefully I can attend the placing of the headstone also. Colicky, as the guardian does this mean you have to water and mow the lawn around his gravesite??? Way cool!

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    Thanks Colicky and Cynthia. You both get a big FAD hug! I got teary reading the goal has been met. Hopefully I can attend the placing of the headstone also. Colicky, as the guardian does this mean you have to water and mow the lawn around his gravesite??? Way cool!

Since I live in Ohio, I may need to find a good lawn service in CA. Are you volunteering? Do you have any references?

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Since I live in Ohio, I may need to find a good lawn service in CA. Are you volunteering? Do you have any references?
    If you really cared you would use scissors and cut each blade of grass one by one...

Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    If you really cared you would use scissors and cut each blade of grass one by one...
    With a ruler and and a compass to get it jussst right.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    With a ruler and and a compass to get it jussst right.
    Now your talkin!

20. 08-21-2008, 12:45 AM

That made my day!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

1karenhb Guest
    I now live in the desert near Palm Springs. I wouldn't know how to water grass!

Bozarth Guest
    Would you be able to post a list of the people that donated? I don't want to know amounts. I'm just curious what the full list looks like.... and maybe Scott can add the usernames of the people to the (presumably) updated Schlitzie page.

Jaxxx Guest
    Its lovely that so many people care enough about someone to do this, at least nobody is taking advantage of him now. Your an amazing group of people!!!!!!!!! even without knowing who the contributors are, God knows and all of you should be getting extra pts for this!!!!!!!!!!!! Kudo's for being decent human beings.........

I just received an e-mail from Verne Langdon. He is the man who helped write the Schlitze bio on Find A Death and wrote the complete bio on Schlitze for Find A Grave. He would like to come when you LA Death Hags meet to take pictures of Schlitze's stone. He actually knew Schlitze. I am jealous that I can not be there. Isn't that great news?

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    That is flippin awsome!!! Sister, you have made a lot of people very happy...I knew there was a way to place a stone...Took somebody 3,000 miles away to figure it out but you did it...

RoRo Guest
    I just received an e-mail from Verne Langdon. He is the man who helped write the Schlitze bio on Find A Death and wrote the complete bio on Schlitze for Find A Grave. He would like to come when you LA Death Hags meet to take pictures of Schlitze's stone. He actually knew Schlitze. I am jealous that I can not be there. Isn't that great news?
    That is soo cool!!! I wish I could be there but Tennessee is a looong way from Cali

GEAUX LSU Guest
    do ya'll know who else is buried with schlitze?

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Couple of lucky ducks I'm thinkin...

30. 08-27-2008, 12:53 PM

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I am ashamed to admit I have never seen Freaks...That is going to change tonight...Got a Netflix membership and I have it in my hot little hands right now...I am SOOOO excited...

Rudy's Girl Guest
    I'm coming in late on this, but what a wonderful thing for Schlitze! I have been quite fascinated with Schlitze for years now and always had a soft spot for him. I remember reading his bio and seeing the pictures on Find A Grave. I thought way back then how sad it was that he didn't have a stone. What a wonderful, kind, group you all are!

Here's a question though. Supposenly Schlitzie had a sister with the same physical problems that he had, and was put on display with him during certain times of his life. Then I read she may and may not had been his sister. If she was, I wonder where she ended up being buried? Heck, I wonder where all the pinheads ended up. I really hope, that wherever that may be, they all have found peace.....
    Last edited by Rudy's Girl; 08-27-2008 at 06:15 PM.

I wondered about his sister too.

I just got home from dinner and got the mail. Guess what came today? The receipt and paperwork confirming that Schlitze's grave and stone have been paid for and that I, Colicky, am the legal guardian/owner of Schlitze's third of the grave! How cool is that? I never thought this would happen this quickly!

Jealous?

Bozarth Guest
    no hint as to dates?

No idea when the stone will be ready just yet. The cemetery said they would have a better idea in about 2-3 weeks from now. I'm planning on calling at least once a week until I get an answer.

Bozarth Guest
    good stuff

How exciting Colicky! Thanks for keeping us updated!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I wanna own a grave...

Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    I wanna own a grave...
    I know where there is another 2/3 of grave available. It's in a good location, very near to my recent grave purchase .

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Is it big enough for me?

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Just finished watching Freaks!!! Wow, now that is one kick ass old movie...Schlitzie was as cute as a button on a frilly dress!

We should do a thread for forgotten stars.... Anyone we know that has been buried in a unmarked grave, maybe who ever is nearby to the grave could try to help with a gravestone. Its amazing to see how many people are willing to put a few £/$ aside to such a good cause. We have shown as a hag family that we work well together - Schlitzie is the first of hopefully newly remembered stars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post
    We should do a thread for forgotten stars.... Anyone we know that has been buried in a unmarked grave, maybe who ever is nearby to the grave could try to help with a gravestone. Its amazing to see how many people are willing to put a few £/$ aside to such a good cause. We have shown as a hag family that we work well together - Schlitzie is the first of hopefully newly remembered stars.
    I have had the very same thought...Let's get on that...I like it alot!!!

pvezz Guest
    A special shout-out to Cynthia and Colicky for their work and to everyone else who donated! This is one of the absolute COOLEST things I've ever been a part of! You all are the BEST!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Where is Schlitzie's sister...I have looked all day and can't find anything about her but she was called the monkey girl...

Susan Cabot at Hillside Memorial Park. The Wasp Woman.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Hmmmm...Think Scott may be hinting at something...Oh Colicky...I think we have a job to do!!!

Ok so....i think this thread seems to be good in this area...so i'll start a new one saying unmarked but not forgotten....with Scotts Susan Cabotat the top!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    I am just now finding this thread and I'm heartbroken that I was too late to be a part of the wonderful things you all have done.

Just wanted to say congratulations to all my fellow Death Hags who helped make sure that Schlitzie will never be forgotten.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post
    Ok so....i think this thread seems to be good in this area...so i'll start a new one saying unmarked but not forgotten....with Scotts Susan Cabotat the top!
    Here here!!! I second that...

err...its been merged & is now in other deaths.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]