Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Taylor

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by AllyTheHag View Post
    Me, too, Oogie. The news of Liz's death was the first thing that popped up on my screen when I signed on to the Internet, and I had to rush right over here.

Godspeed, Liz. You will be missed.
    Snap!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you looked under the term MOVIE STAR - then her name should have been beneath it.
    We have lost one of the true greats.
    One of my favourite movies is Cat on a hot tin roof and she was great in it. (The movie should have been her swan song if Mike Todd hadnt died.)

Would love to have known what secrets she had been keeping for others and hope Richard is waiting for her.

Goodbye Elizabeth - so sad that your life was plagued by illness but hope your talent not gossip will be remember most.

R.I.P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aw, and I was just wondering about her last week. RIP Liz

TheMysterian Guest
    R.I.P. Liz

kimmer927 Guest
    She was by far an elegant & wonderful person...First a Movie Star and truly a good one! She came up through the system & even won an Oscar! She didn't win for the movie she deserved but got one anyway...
    My heart is so sad today & even though I knew it was coming, just not today...and on the anniversary of the death of her truly great love, Mike Todd...hmmmm...
    Rest In Peace Dame Elizabeth and I am blessed I got to see her in person when I was a senior in high school, class trip to Washington D.C....She was performing in Little Foxes at the Kennedy Center and our class went...I can not to this day tell you what the play was about, all I did was stare all night at her...I'm sure it was good but I was transfixed on her...It was about the time she was married to the Senator from Virginia...
    Gotta go cry again...

monroe27 Guest
    She passed away from the same thing that I am waiting for my heart for. I was shocked to hear that she passed. My best friend told me on facebook, so of course, I immediatley came here. I loved her in Giant. since I was a kid, i always loved the classic Hollywood stars, so when i was 14, I had to have her white diamonds perfume just because it was her perfume ( I think it stinks as well!). I still have her white diamonds lipstick, which I love. RIP, Elizabeth Taylor. I know your free of pain now.

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    I had totally forgotten what amazing blue eyes she had! Like crystal clear pools of water. I'm sure she mesmerized a lot of people with those eyes.
    Last edited by "What Tha....?"; 03-23-2011 at 11:33 AM.
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

RIP, she was soooo beautiful.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

I had heard for awhile that she had been seriously ill but when I saw the news, I was saddened and shocked. She was such an indomitable force in real life and in the movies that it is surprising that she is gone. Now she'll get to hang out with her two favorite guys-Mike and Richard.

navallint Guest
    sad. RIP, hun

MunstersBabe Guest
    Old Hollywood is dying out. RIP Liz.

Auntie Vi Guest
    Hey, haven't posted in awhile, but came to grieve with my hags for Dame Liz. Grew up reading movie mags and thought Liz was the most beautiful woman ever. She was a beauty and a broad, what a woman!

My stomach dropped when I woke up this morning and saw the headlines on my cell phone.

Originally Posted by radiojane
    If you hear a thunderstorm in a few minutes, it's a safe bet she's already either fighting with or f***king Richard Burton
    This is my favorite post of the thread so far.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

Andrea Guest
    This was a shocker for sure. RIP LIZ.

Khaos696 Guest
    RIP Liz,

The end of classic & elegant Hollywood.

RIP Elizabeth

MinLynn Guest
    So very sad today! Liz has always been one of my favorite screen icons. Then I became pissed off because my husband had no clue who she was! GRRR! I will now have to force him to watch every movie I own with her in it. Cleopatra was and is my favorite so I may just start out with that!

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MinLynn View Post
    So very sad today! Liz has always been one of my favorite screen icons. Then I became pissed off because my husband had no clue who she was! GRRR! I will now have to force him to watch every movie I own with her in it. Cleopatra was and is my favorite so I may just start out with that!

I know your pain. I told my bf at lunch and I got a "who?". I told him to pull up Cleopatra on Netflix.

rainydaywoman43 Guest
    she was beautiful wasn't she? she was also no saint by a long shot, she drank them under the table and sex was like breathing. Liz and richard were notorious drinkers and fighters. but she was one of a kind and soon, the last of the real movie stars, or close to it we will have no true movie glamour girls left. just hootchie coochies with thier boobs hanging out and thier current boy toy of the week. you can bet shes with richard now fighting about whatever it was they last fought about and never finished.

Did she ever have kids?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

rainydaywoman43 Guest
    I agree but dont forget, the movie media, news papers, magazines, as well as the film industry, enhanced her eyes a lot of the time to exaggerate them.

MinLynn Guest
    Yes, I believe she had 4

I heard about it on Facebook.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

rainydaywoman43 Guest
    In father of the bride, i couldn't take my eyes off of her. and I am a straight female.
    she was enchantingly beautiful.

snap-e-tom Guest
    When RB saw her for the first time (by a pool in a swimsuit) he said "I have just seen the most beautiful woman in the world and I fear I must drink myself to death". Liz & Dick were the most famous, glamorous couple in the world. Loved her in Butterfield 8. RIP Elizabeth Taylor.

At least she had the pleasure of seeing Eddie go before her!

I would have loved to see her in person, her eyes were sometimes described as violet.

RIP

1karenhb Guest
    I was stunned to hear of her passing this morning. I had hoped she was doing much better. This is one celebrity death that is really bothering me. She truly was an icon and just about the end of an era. I can't believe those gorgeous eyes are closed forever. RIP you truly deserve it!

xbluerosex Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    If you hear a thunderstorm in a few minutes, it's a safe bet she's already either fighting with or f***king Richard Burton lol

RIP LIZ.
    And as I read this, it started to thunder.

R.I.P Liz.

I was at work in the breakroom, and I went "oh no!" and few peeps were in there, and they said "what"?! I said Elizabeth Taylor died. They all went.."who"??
    They are young, and they think Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan are queens of Hollywood. I said hella no there! They are effin bums compared to the old Hollywood elegance. RIP.

I loved her in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. Cat on Hot Tin Roof (she was so beautiful in that movie, I was like, wtf is wrong with you Brick?!),
    Cleopatra and all of films, idgaf, if she was in it, I'd want to see it! RIP
    Last edited by PiggyTx; 03-23-2011 at 01:09 PM.

RIP Miss Taylor.
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

EXCLUSIVE: Zsa Zsa Gabor Says 'I'm Next' After Learning Of Elizabeth Taylor's Death, Rushed To Hospital

Upon learning that her dear friend Elizabeth Taylor has passed away on Wednesday morning, Zsa Zsa Gabor became so upset that she was rushed back to the hospital in Los Angeles, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

LINK...Click Here
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

xbluerosex Guest
    Just read that the idiots at Westboro are going to be picketing at her funeral.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    I had totally forgotten what amazing blue eyes she had! Like crystal clear pools of water. I'm sure she mesmerized a lot of people with those eyes.
    The color of her eyes were Violet. That was the most specular thing about her features.....she was famous for those violet eyes!

[/url]

Rest in peace Liz! Thanks for all the movies, fabulous news and magazine articles....the world was such a adventure just having you here! You will be so very missed!

BabaBooey Guest

The Onion

doyleloyal Guest
    the world has offically ended today..grand dame taylor is gone. RIP

Snudgie Guest
    RIP Liz....give Michael Jackson and James Dean big hugs from me, beautiful lady..xxx

John carpenter Guest
    R.I. P. Dear Liz..I dedicate this song to Liz..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYk_wTVhkTY

Cat_AmmaKittehKat Guest
    Its just been reported on TMZ that the westborough baptist church (more popularly known as those fuckwits with too much time and press at their disposal) are planning on picketing the funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat_AmmaKittehKat View Post
    Its just been reported on TMZ that the westborough baptist church (more popularly known as those fuckwits with too much time and press at their disposal) are planning on picketing the funeral.
    WHAT??? They need to go picket their own selves where the sun don't shine.

KarmaKat Guest
    Wow I knew it was comming but still shocked.

RIP Liz. A true beauty is now in heaven

Cat_AmmaKittehKat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    WHAT??? They need to go picket their own selves where the sun don't shine.
    You can say that again!

Part of Giant was filmed in my hometown, Marfa, Tx. Giant was and still is a big deal there, as it should be. I lived a mile or so from the Reata ranch house facade and when I went out to see it, it was in ruins. I was expecting the whole facade to still be standing! (Pre-internet searching.) I always thought it was a shame that it was not kept up.
    http://our.tentativetimes.net/marfa/reatarun.html

Yet another Hollywood icon gone.. She was truly a great lady

orionova Guest
    Originally Posted by radiojane
    If you hear a thunderstorm in a few minutes, it's a safe bet she's already either fighting with or f***king Richard Burton

We've already had one major thunderstorm today, and a second is on the way. I'd say it was fight first, fuck after.

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by orionova View Post
    We've already had one major thunderstorm today, and a second is on the way. I'd say it was fight first, fuck after.

That's the best way to do it.

Graveyard Groupie Guest
    I just heard the new of her passing on the radio this morning. RIP Elizabeth. Not only was she beyond beautiful on the outside, but also on the inside. She truly had a heart of gold. She will be missed but at least she's no longer in pain. My condolences to her family.

Roaming Tigress Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xbluerosex View Post
    Just read that the idiots at Westboro are going to be picketing at her funeral.
    Time to bring out the tire slashers . . .

jeca Guest
    I knew she hadn't been well for a long time, but it was still a shock to wake up to. RIP, Liz. She was something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat_AmmaKittehKat View Post
    I'm ready to picket some of their funerals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cat_AmmaKittehKat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    I'm ready to picket some of their funerals.
    Now we just need some willing volunteers to make that happen!