Thread: Nate Dogg

aLiLdirt Guest

Rapper Nate Dogg Dead at 41

Reported on several sites, such as TMZ, MTV and Billboard

Exclamation Nate Dogg

As confirmed by the death bleeper

He has apparently died at the age of 41.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LOS ANGELES (CBS) â?? Rapper Nate Dogg is dead.
    Known for rapping with icons such as Snoop Dogg and Warren G, the family of 41-year-old Nathaniel Hale, known as Nate Dogg, reported that he died today.
    The cause of death has not been disclosed.

Have i reported my first death thread on here??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

xbluerosex Guest
    I read it on Twitter and came here to see if it had been posted. All I can say about his death is damn...he had a smooth voice and seemed to work great with anyone he was paired with. (Warren G, Snoop, Dre, etc)

R.I.P.

xbluerosex Guest
    BTW... some people are speculating he had a third stroke. He had his first in 2007 and the second almost a year later.

Damn, what's next? RIP Nate Dogg, the original OG

endsleigh03 Guest
    RIP Nate

Godspeed, Mr. Nate Dogg
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

JeffD Guest
    I really enjoyed his work in Head of State, a Chris Rock movie. It's a sad loss.

KristinEileen Guest
    I just got the Estiffs email...Regulate was the first rap TAPE I bought...
    RIP Nate Dogg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1plPyJdXKIY

Tebssis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    I really enjoyed his work in Head of State, a Chris Rock movie. It's a sad loss.
    You're so right, his work was great in that movie. It's terrible to lose someone so talented so soon. RIP Nate, you will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by xbluerosex View Post
    BTW... some people are speculating he had a third stroke. He had his first in 2007 and the second almost a year later.

Does anyone know why he was having strokes at such a young age? What was his underlying issue, any idea's?

Sad - so young. RIP - Regulate...
    My Posse's On Broadway

RIP!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

well, dogg gone.

RIP Nate Dogg
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

It may have been another stroke. I read a few years back that the strokes weren't drug or booze related. I think he had a family history of artery and diabetes related problems.

Pryncis Guest
    Yahoo is reporting it as complications from the storkes he's had... Regulate was the first rap song I really liked. RIP Nate Dogg...

monroe27 Guest
    sad. rip Nate Dogg

sheri Guest
    Nope, not a stroke or stroke related at all as cause of death. Just finished reading about him on Wiki...it was congestive heart failure.

Regardless, 41 is too damn young. Put my own mortality in much clearer perspective, and I'm 45.

RIP, Nate. May your journey be free from incident. Truly pain free.

ETA: I consider Wiki (as in Wikipedia, not to be confused with WikiLeaks) to be far more reliable than Harvey Levin's stupid ragmag TMZ outlet any day and more than twice on Sunday. :P
    Last edited by sheri; 03-16-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Anyone with an account can edit a wiki article and insert spurious info.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

RIP Nate Dogg

Have had this in my head all day lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvrKzmkdBTI

His attorney stated he died from complications related to multiple strokes.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Hmmm born and raised in Long Beach Ca, died in Long Beach, I work at a mortuary in Long Beach...wishful thinking.... But seriously though, RIP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

mandi Guest
    RIP Nate Dogg- i liked that Regulate song, it was cool, bit of a Snoop Dog fan too, poor guy sounds like his health wasn't great for a while

lisalouver Guest
    RIP to Nate, he was only a year younger than myself.

I would not take anthing on Wiki to be gospel.

I remembered hearing about his strokes when he had them.

Many stokes are caused from high blood pressure and/or diabetes. The risk factor list can go on and on, but I suspect that in Nate's case it was one or both.

Sad all the way around.

sheri Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    RIP to Nate, he was only a year younger than myself.

I would not take anthing on Wiki to be gospel.

I remembered hearing about his strokes when he had them.

Many stokes are caused from high blood pressure and/or diabetes. The risk factor list can go on and on, but I suspect that in Nate's case it was one or both.

Sad all the way around.
    I didn't say Wiki is gospel anything. I merely said I consider it MORE reliable than that crap Harvey Levin spout forth on his ragmag tv show. This same statement applies to Ich's post about 'having an account and inserting spurious info'...I don't have a Wiki account, never have, never will, don't care to either...

Having said that, it is still sad all the way around that another human being has died. Way too young as well.

Dark Princess Guest
    Loved his voice. I always thought he sounded like one of the guys from Kool & the Gang. I wish he had done more R&B stuff.

Could he have had sickle cell? Doesn't it cause a risk for strokes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Back in high school, my best friend and I would crack up over this one line in the song "Regulate" on MTV: "If you smoke like I smoke and get *censor* like every day..." I don't know why we thought it was so funny. It's just ridiculous to censor out the word "high". "Regulate" was also the ringtone of my first ever cellphone. RIP Nate Dogg.

Found out my sis met him while directing his grandma's funeral. Which means I potentially embalmed his grandma. So likely his funeral will be at Forest Lawn, maybe Cypress since that's where grandma's at, but his family may want to go all Hollywood for him. At my mortuary in Long Beach we were all crossing our fingers in hopes we'd get the honors...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tebssis Guest
    ^^^Good luck, Morty! I know you would take good care of him!

james1977 Guest

The Cause Of The Strokes ?

What was the cause of his strokes.? 34 to 40 is extremely young to have strokes like that. He was a drug user. The drugs screw the blood pressure up. Yeah, we all say that same old line.. Wasn't drug related. Yeah right. Like Flo- Jo's- premature death was not steroid related. That's politically correct bull. Many drug users are ignorant of the stroke risk, they do not know. I had a friend, the idiot would do cocaine, he was admitted to the hospital with a blood pressure of 390 over 279, that's what he told me. The coke got his blood pressure that high. And they did everything to lower it. What an idiot .My Friend Was- Just a Dummy . He- Nate Dogg - was a drug user and I hate everyone trying to hide this. Many are suffering because they do not know about the stroke risk. I bet Nate didn't know either. R.I.P.
    Last edited by james1977; 03-20-2011 at 04:02 AM.

33. 03-20-2011, 03:58 AM

Family, fans turning out for Nate Dogg funeral

LONG BEACH, Calif. – Throngs of fans are expected to join family and friends of hip-hop singer Nate Dogg for his funeral in Southern California.

The family of Nate Dogg — whose real name is Nathaniel Dwayne Hale — decided that the Saturday morning services at the Queen Mary Dome in Long Beach would not be open to the public as they had previously wanted, but they made 1,000 tickets and shuttles available to members of the public who claimed them first.

The dome, adjacent to the historic ship the Queen Mary, was the former home of Howard Hughes' airplane folly the Spruce Goose.

Click here for the rest of the story.

Nate Dogg @ FindAGrave.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	natedogg1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	30304  
    Last edited by Zoe_Zeppelin; 03-26-2011 at 03:31 AM. Reason: adding link
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

twall Guest
    I'm not one for rap but I do like some of Eminem's stuff, ND was on several of his songs, Shake That being the most popular. "I get more ass than a toilet seat" cracks me up every time. RIP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkI2RPJhku0

Any solid word as to which cemetery he's to be interred? It's gotta be local. I'll be out on the town directing other funerals, but I'm keeping and eye out for his procession
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Breaking news: Nate Dogg is being buried right NOW at forest lawn long beach, right acrossthe street from my mortuary. Cops everywhere, helicopters, all gates on lock down. Got some random pics but not of the services. Lots of black stretch limos on the cemetery grounds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/...doggs-funeral/

No mention of the cemetery, but it was at FLLB. I'll post pics as soon as I can get em on the computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tebssis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/...doggs-funeral/

No mention of the cemetery, but it was at FLLB. I'll post pics as soon as I can get em on the computer.
    Can hardly wait, Morty!!

The first two pics are my driving past the cemetery. There were lots of cops so I was trying to be as sly as possible. Pics were taken from inside my hearse since I was driving a company vehicle, another reason I was being extremely paranoid Last pic is the helicopter that tipped me off that something was up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	natedogg1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	30307   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	natedogg2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	30308   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	natedogg3.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	30309  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post

Have i reported my first death thread on here??
    d'oh So close!

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidChrissy View Post
    Back in high school, my best friend and I would crack up over this one line in the song "Regulate" on MTV: "If you smoke like I smoke and get *censor* like every day..." I don't know why we thought it was so funny. It's just ridiculous to censor out the word "high". "Regulate" was also the ringtone of my first ever cellphone. RIP Nate Dogg.
    I always thought it was weird they censored "veins" in Kid Rock's song.

The first two pics are my driving past the cemetery. There were lots of cops so I was trying to be as sly as possible. Pics were taken from inside my hearse since I was driving a company vehicle, another reason I was being extremely paranoid Last pic is the helicopter that tipped me off that something was up
    nice!

I used to love it too. Ah memories
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1plPyJdXKIY

RIP

Tebssis Guest
    Thanks Morty! Must have been a very intimate ceremony since the media didn't pounce on it. Bless his heart, he deserved that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tebssis View Post
    Thanks Morty! Must have been a very intimate ceremony since the media didn't pounce on it. Bless his heart, he deserved that.
    There are plenty of pics from the service at the Spruce Goose Dome, but Forest Lawn being Forest Lawn, I'm sure they didn't allow the media within a 5 mile radius
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I thought her was supposed to be at Coachella like Tupac - 3D & shiznit??? Anyone know what happpened?
    My Posse's On Broadway

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    I thought her was supposed to be at Coachella like Tupac - 3D & shiznit??? Anyone know what happpened?
    I read that they first intended to have both Nate Dogg and Tupac appear at Coachella as well, but there's mixed reports as to why they chose to leave Nate Dogg out. One report said that it was because of the cost of the technology being through the roof. The other said it was because it was "too soon" as far as the time passed between Nate Dogg's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxofpandoraz View Post
    I read that they first intended to have both Nate Dogg and Tupac appear at Coachella as well, but there's mixed reports as to why they chose to leave Nate Dogg out. One report said that it was because of the cost of the technology being through the roof. The other said it was because it was "too soon" as far as the time passed between Nate Dogg's death.
    Thank you! I was looking for the Nate Dog version all over YouTube and going crazy.

I don't think it was too soon, Nate D has more of a personal history with Dre & Snoop, they went way back. Tupac was cool, but I think they choose him because he was the more "popular" of the two - which sucks. Tupac was aight, but kinda overrated IMHO. Eazy was better...
    My Posse's On Broadway

I thought the holo of Tupac was awesome. I wish they did it with Nate too. I agree I think they picked Tupac because they knew that would cause a major stir and would be more popular. Nate wasnt as popular as Tupac. I think Tupacs words in his music was great. Not the songs that spew the same old shit, but the songs he did with something to say. The saying he always did about finding a rose growing in concrete, I always loved that analogy. I think he did a great job. Eazy was freaking awesome too.