Thread: Regis Philbin, 88

RIP.

Never cared much for him. Apparently not the greatest dad to the kids from his first marriage:
    https://www.nationalenquirer.com/cel...gs-regis-help/
    https://radaronline.com/videos/regis...son-wife-judy/

He and wife #2 had money for this mansion, but not for his physically-challenged son from marriage #1:
    https://www.today.com/home/regis-phi...e-sale-t166755

At least provide your son with a trust fund to help pay for medical expenses. Your son didn't wreck his health with drugs, he didn't drive drunk and crash his car. He was born with a spinal cord defect that led to his legs being amputated. Your son chose to work and tried to earn a living in spite of this. You earned enough money to live in splendor in multiple residences, yet you left your son (and his wife) to cope with medical bills that you could've easily helped him to deal with.

I couldn't care less about his public image via his TV career, he was a horrible person IMO.
    Last edited by Dave62; 07-25-2020 at 04:13 PM.

I moved this here, as he was also an actor, he was in many movies and t.v. shows.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I moved this here, as he was also an actor, he was in many movies and t.v. shows.
    I never thought of him as an actor, but he listed as such.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I never thought of him as an actor, but he listed as such.
    I had no idea he was an actor. I just remembered him from Live with Regis and Kathie Lee, and Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Regis was raised in the Depression and,apparently, it made him wary of giving away money. I seem to remember on his talk show once, a caller who was already down on her luck due to cancer or the like gave almost the right answer, but Gellman, the producer, said due to the lawyers he couldn't give her the trip, but the guest co-host said he would pay for the trip, while Regis, who was richer, said nothing.
    Last edited by MurkyWaters; 07-25-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    I had no idea he was an actor. I just remembered him from Live with Regis and Kathie Lee, and Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
    He was Mable in Shrek the Third and himself in Dudley Do-Right and Woody Allen's Everything You Wanted to Know about Sex (But Were Afraid to Ask).
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    Never cared much for him. Apparently not the greatest dad to the kids from his first marriage:
    https://www.nationalenquirer.com/cel...gs-regis-help/
    https://radaronline.com/videos/regis...son-wife-judy/

He and wife #2 had money for this mansion, but not for his physically-challenged son from marriage #1:
    https://www.today.com/home/regis-phi...e-sale-t166755

At least provide your son with a trust fund to help pay for medical expenses. Your son didn't wreck his health with drugs, he didn't drive drunk and crash his car. He was born with a spinal cord defect that led to his legs being amputated. Your son chose to work and tried to earn a living in spite of this. You earned enough money to live in splendor in multiple residences, yet you left your son (and his wife) to cope with medical bills that you could've easily helped him to deal with.

I couldn't care less about his public image via his TV career, he was a horrible person IMO.
    I was friends with his son Danny's ex-wife Judy (I've know her for MANY years). There are two sides to the story, and while I don't want to risk getting sued for defamation or anything by her, let's just say Regis' son Danny wasn't actually the sweetest guy. While he couldn't be physically abusive (due to his physical limitations), he was very verbally abusive to her. She was no prize either (no matter how the articles in The Globe and NE attempt to portray her) and left him for another man (a convict no less!) due to the fact Danny was not able to "perform" his husband duties for her and the abuse she went thru. She pretty much left with the clothes on her back when he kicked her out of the house, and didn't get a dime from him in the divorce. (Altho she still uses the Philbin last name to milk it all)

But the stuff about Regis being an a-hole towards his first two kids are true. Once he hooked up with Joy, she made sure they were quickly forgotten about and ignored while her and Regis went on to start a whole new life with new kids. Judy had dinner with Regis and Joy once or twice and there was an obvious chill in the air towards them. Danny's sister Amy ended up homeless - that's why you don't see much mentioned about her. Both Danny and Amy had it pretty rough thanks to Regis & Joy...
    Last edited by Aries65; 07-26-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Wow- I never knew this about him. I never paid much attention to him, but he always gave off this "super great guy" demeanor on TV. Dang.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

He believed in ghosts and was a friend and supporter of Hans Holzer. I forget where I read his account of VERY compelling encounter with a spirit/ghost.

Hans Holtzers mentions it in one of his Ghost books, I can't remember the title, I'll have to find my copy, Regis played in a lot of movies and t.v. shows I looked on IMDB.

But the stuff about Regis being an a-hole towards his first two kids are true. Once he hooked up with Joy, she made sure they were quickly forgotten about and ignored while her and Regis went on to start a whole new life with new kids. Judy had dinner with Regis and Joy once or twice and there was an obvious chill in the air towards them. Danny's sister Amy ended up homeless - that's why you don't see much mentioned about her. Both Danny and Amy had it pretty rough thanks to Regis & Joy...

Sounds like the 2nd Mrs. Philbin's first name is a misnomer, as far as her stepkids were concerned. She was anything but a "Joy" for them, and all the money in the world won't allow her to airbrush those stepkids from the Philbin family.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I was friends with his son Danny's ex-wife Judy (I've know her for MANY years). There are two sides to the story, and while I don't want to risk getting sued for defamation or anything by her, let's just say Regis' son Danny wasn't actually the sweetest guy. While he couldn't be physically abusive (due to his physical limitations), he was very verbally abusive to her. She was no prize either (no matter how the articles in The Globe and NE attempt to portray her) and left him for another man (a convict no less!) due to the fact Danny was not able to "perform" his husband duties for her and the abuse she went thru. She pretty much left with the clothes on her back when he kicked her out of the house, and didn't get a dime from him in the divorce. (Altho she still uses the Philbin last name to milk it all)

But the stuff about Regis being an a-hole towards his first two kids are true. Once he hooked up with Joy, she made sure they were quickly forgotten about and ignored while her and Regis went on to start a whole new life with new kids. Judy had dinner with Regis and Joy once or twice and there was an obvious chill in the air towards them. Danny's sister Amy ended up homeless - that's why you don't see much mentioned
    about her. Both Danny and Amy had it pretty rough thanks to Regis & Joy...
    Thank you for saying all this. put it to family problems we all have.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I also see he will be buried on the campus
    of Notre Dame in the place he loved so much.

I still miss this man every day.