Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Edie Sedgwick

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Very true, John, very true.

Most of the people around him didn't seem like they were pursuing his friendship out of the goodness of their hearts.

Princess Kim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post
    I was wondering if that book would be any good. Now I'm tempted to pick it up. Is there a lot of really good dirt about the "old" Sedgwicks? Is Edie mentioned?

Edie is mentioned, but it's pretty much the same things (less detailed) that you could find in the Edie biography. Personally, I liked the little extras I learned about Ellery, Babbo (love him, too), and Minturn. There's a pretty long section about "The Judge" and Mumbet, too. John Sedgwick seems to have had access to a lot of the Sedgwicks' historical documents and such.

There's info about Babbo? He seemed like such a unique character. I'm so getting that book!
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Shannon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    The song is Femme Fatale by Velvet Underground.

Don't see it.
    Don't get me wrong she was not ugly, but rather average nothing to right home about without the cool hair and makeup.

Princess Kim Guest
    I personally like her better as a brunette, all natural. I think it's all about her smile, not the cool hair and make-up. Her smile probably stopped people in their tracks.

paris hilton is more like the post 1962 andy than edie.

lindsey lohan or somebody is more like edie.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

Jigsaw Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    IHer vulnerability was a great part of her charm and also her downfall! Ciao Manhattan is an interesting film she is the original trainwreck of reality film almost!
    Before Ciao Manhattan she had silicone injected into her boobs. They looked horrible. They were like cement. They totally wrecked her look. In Ciao she always has her boobs showing. One nipple bent one way and the other the other way.

jigsaw

cherryghost Guest
    Her makeup was sensational always tho! Those great doe eyes and as much eyebrow pencil as ever possible. Made Elizabeth Taylors eyebrows look natural......Which I think they were LOL!

SSedgwick Guest

I haven't seen anyone put up the photos yet....

I have photos taken in the past year of the apartment she died in, the cemetary and gravemarker as well as the family ranch. (Both inside and outside of the house)

They do keep a cute photo in the foyer of the ranch house of her. Adorable.
    Please private message me for these photos.

I'd really rather keep them off of the internet "main drags" etc....

star82 Guest
    16 E 63rd St between Fifth and Madison Ave

I am almost finished with a book called Edie: Girl on Fire. Its the size of a magazine and its not really a "read," its snippets/quotes from people in her life (and herself) and pictures of Edie and those around her. I think sometimes she could be quite pretty and other times not so much. She was short with the figure of a 12-year old boy, which (except for her lack of height) made clothes look really good on her. Tragic figure for being nude though. Clearly she was used by Warhol but I think she was quite capable of using everyone around her as well. I will be watching "Ciao Manhattan" as soon as I'm done with this book and will pick up the other two books mentioned on this thread. She's fascinating to read about but I think to be in her life would be exhausting. It must be very irritating to be around someone so needy and undependable.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Happy 78th Edie.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

78? Time goes quickly.