Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 16232425
Results 1,201 to 1,234 of 1234

Thread: Commercials We Hate

I saw the "puppy, monkey, baby" commercial for the first time yesterday since the super bowl and I have decided I don't like it. Just disturbing.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    There's been some mention of radio commercials-- in work we are allowed to listen to radios, and most of my day involves AM talk radio like WABC... So one gets a whole slew of irritating "Kars for Kids" adverts (3 versions of the annoying theme song, including a hideous country/western version; I turn it down pronto with the first noisy twangs.)

Even MORE versions of "You don't have to be perfect to be a perfect parent"-- yeah, right, you don't have to be perfect, but perfectly clueless and/or dangerous ain't what the kids need either...

Two competing "miracle whole vegetable" pill supplements with garbled phoned-in "endorsements" ("Until I started taking *whatever*. I suffered from pneumonia, cancer, arthritis, MS, and horrible halitosis every winter"). There used to be similar commercials for a pet supplement that also promised to cure one's beasts, including that dreaded halitosis.

There used to be a lot of PSAs for "If you see something, say something" which involved a phone call from a concerned citizen who kept repeating "I saw something at the train station" without being specific about which something she saw, but she said "It MIGHT be something!" so the helpful NSA guy tells her "it may be nothing but it may be SOMETHING" so they'll come and check her "something" out. Whatever.

Almost forgot the "Visit the forest" PSAs, with giggling and general cluelessness ("Is that a vacuum cleaner?" and incredulous boy asks his wise little girl friend. "No, it's the wind.") If people behave like THAT in the forest, they'll scare all the wildlife away, or become the wildlife's main course.

Another not-fave PSA was supposed to promote science for girls by making the little daughter a smart-ass who gives her father a lengthy scientific explanation for why the sky is blue. When he asks the kid where she learned all this she says (with a smirk that can be imagined) "Mommy." (I can picture the Dad thinking, "that castrating bitch.")

A truly annoying custom is to repeat basically the SAME commercial twice in a row. They used to do this with Geico commercials (with the Gecko voice.)

And since most listeners of talk radio are presumed to be at least over 40 (and usually far beyond), of course there are slews of local ads for ED doctors, alternative cancer doctors, really swell hospitals usually way out of my insurance network, hearing-loss services (?), hair-restoring serums, etc.
    Radio ads can be quite bad. My cousin in Colorado listens to an conservative AM talk station out of Denver. Earlier this year the station held some kind of an event for their listeners at a restaurant/bar during one of the Republican debates. She went to it and noticed that every 15 minutes the talk show hosts from that station would leave to go out to the parking lot so that they can smoke cigarettes. The thing about that was that on their own talk shows they would do ads for some business that would help people stop smoking and the announcers say on the radio that they no longer smoke...yet they are still smoking. Not really a shocker since there is a morning talk show host in Denver who goes on and on..and on about his beautiful wife and great kids...yet he does ads for the dating website "It's Just Lunch"...and in some of the ads I had heard he say that he still uses it. OK you have a great sexy wife and great kids...and you still use a dating website ?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    I saw the "puppy, monkey, baby" commercial for the first time yesterday since the super bowl and I have decided I don't like it. Just disturbing.
    That thing's on every major network here. Can't stand it. Good thing I just got a new batch of dvds from the library.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    even with commercials i don't like, I can tolerate them. but this one, I literally have to turn the channel!

The way people are inundated these days with commercials is the sole reason I stopped watching tv of any kind.
    Can't stand them!

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    The way people are inundated these days with commercials is the sole reason I stopped watching tv of any kind.
    Can't stand them!

It's the same thing with radio and yes that does include the Tune In website and app. My uncle sells cars and according to him more and more people nowadays are requesting that the radio be taken out of the car that they are planning on buying between the commercials, bad announcers and playing the same songs over and over people have had enough of garbage. Back in the day the only ones who would request such a thing would be the ultra religious folks.

Thry finally pulled that stupid University of Phoenix commercial from our area. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    Radio ads can be quite bad. My cousin in Colorado listens to an conservative AM talk station out of Denver. Earlier this year the station held some kind of an event for their listeners at a restaurant/bar during one of the Republican debates. She went to it and noticed that every 15 minutes the talk show hosts from that station would leave to go out to the parking lot so that they can smoke cigarettes. The thing about that was that on their own talk shows they would do ads for some business that would help people stop smoking and the announcers say on the radio that they no longer smoke...yet they are still smoking. Not really a shocker since there is a morning talk show host in Denver who goes on and on..and on about his beautiful wife and great kids...yet he does ads for the dating website "It's Just Lunch"...and in some of the ads I had heard he say that he still uses it. OK you have a great sexy wife and great kids...and you still use a dating website ?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Initials DC?

Quote Originally Posted by kingsolving View Post
    Initials DC?

DC ??

The "It's Just Lunch" guy initials..S T and the call letters think "kampground" LOL . To give him credit though the very last time I heard his ad for that service he suggested it for his single friends and didn't say he used it for himself even though I heard otherwise in the past. The event my cousin had went to was sponsored by KNUS 710. So that leaves Steve Kelly, Krista Kafer or Peter Boyles.
    Last edited by choff; 04-19-2016 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    I"m watching March Madness, and I'm really fucking tired of the Arby's comms. I mean, I like Ving Rhames, but I'm effin tired of his voice.
    I hate how employees at Arby's don't even watch their commercials so my Mom caught the tail end of his commercial where he calls a Gyro a Mediterranean taco and actually went and asked for them and the employees were making fun of her.

Vandalay Guest
    OK, The Panera bread commercials with the girl saying "soup and sandwich, and clean and real"...uh honey, you left out pretentious

Any local news commercial with a teaser promising in-depth coverage of SOME BIG WHATEVER! that turns out to be a 1 minute lameass blurb about shit most people already know through common sense or conversation.

I don't understand the Prius commercials (with Sheriff Andy Belfleur from True Blood as one of the robbers) about the guys getting away after robbing a bank in a Prius. Why they would become national heroes, why others would aid and abet their crime by playing "some kind of Prius shell game" to hide the robbers... etc... Why are they glorifying bank robbers at all? This whole series make no sense to me.

Commercials where the car insurance companies say they will forgive us. Who in the bleeping hell do y'all think y'all are! Here I'm government-forced into shelling out money that could benefit me and mine to freeloaders like y'all with zero coming back to me. Hey, hows about giving me back a third of that annually if I don't wreck and I'll somewhat forgive y'all, otherwise shut up. The less said the better.

I swear to God I Am going to find this guy and punch him if I hear this commercial 5 more times.

It's for Senokot laxative. The guy apparently picks it up and reads it (I'm usually not watching, just listening while browsing online or something) "Senna-koot?" WTF you illiterate fucking moron, why the fuck would you say "koot"? It's fucking K-O-T. In what fucking world does that rhyme with boot? God I hate you, you stupid bastard.

The mute button on my new remote is already looking used.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

atomicbettie -- ITA!!! I keep trying to figure out how else you would say kot and it all comes out the same. And why is he snooping in her purse, and how long have they been married the he is so surprised (really?), and would you go into an explanation of what is important to you in a laxative???

And the Cottonelle one where the English lady gives some one a roll of toilet paper and asks them to go take a dump and report back. Can you see some guy on the street stopping folk, "Pardon me, but do you need to go poop? We're filming a commercial and you not only get to keep the roll, but all of your friends and family get to see you on TV feeling so much better!"

And then, the ultimate - Poo-purri (or however the hell you spell it). That one is ... well.... I don't even know what to call it, but that they must have paid that lady a fortune to be in it!

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    atomicbettie -- ITA!!! I keep trying to figure out how else you would say kot and it all comes out the same. And why is he snooping in her purse, and how long have they been married the he is so surprised (really?), and would you go into an explanation of what is important to you in a laxative???

And the Cottonelle one where the English lady gives some one a roll of toilet paper and asks them to go take a dump and report back. Can you see some guy on the street stopping folk, "Pardon me, but do you need to go poop? We're filming a commercial and you not only get to keep the roll, but all of your friends and family get to see you on TV feeling so much better!"

And then, the ultimate - Poo-purri (or however the hell you spell it). That one is ... well.... I don't even know what to call it, but that they must have paid that lady a fortune to be in it!
    Heh. All I know is someone better be handing over a considerably decent check to ask me to take the dirty number two and report back on camera. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    they still sell those damn things?

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    The mute button on my new remote is already looking used.
    I also hate the commercial late at night
    when it's so loud.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    they still sell those damn things?
    I've never known anyone who owns one, so they must be great for target practice.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I just saw the comm for this. lord! they all look deranged!

Once again I hate all the Tim Horton's commercials here in Canada.
    So named after a drunk driver who killed himself back in 1974.

They have awful coffee, and are very anti-union.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Once again I hate all the Tim Horton's commercials here in Canada.
    So named after a drunk driver who killed himself back in 1974.

They have awful coffee, and are very anti-union.
    Good to know someone feels the same way ! What pisses me off is at the time police would not comment on if he was driving drunk, no doubt to protect his image, or hero worship. The autopsy report released to the public in 2005 shows he was twice over the legal limit. A half filled bottle of Vodka was found at the scene. Hardly a role model. As some one who used to drink I refuse to have a coffee from there. It's crap anyway.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 12-26-2018 at 02:56 PM.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Good to know someone feels the same way ! What pisses me off is at the time police would not comment on if he was driving drunk, no doubt to protect his image, or hero worship. The autopsy report released to the public in 2005 shows he was twice over the legal limit. A half filled bottle of Vodka was found at the scene. Hardly a role model. As some one who used to drink I refuse to have a coffee from there. It's crap anyway.
    I like the way you think.

Thanks london. I pass one on the way and home from work, always a line up. It's crap people, go home and make your own and save your money ! LOL
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Damn.
    Half a bottle of vodka - wasted.

I hope it wasn't the good stuff.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Damn.
    Half a bottle of vodka - wasted.

I hope it wasn't the good stuff.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was thinking that...
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was thinking that...
    I think I read it was Balkan which is 176 proof, almost 90% pure alcohol. So strong it comes with warnings one in braille . Wow !

Damn.
    Probably be faster to just inject it.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

I hate the commercial where two young women are having lunch and they're looking at their phone. The commercial is for credit checks being free - anyway she calls her "dude" - then she calls the people at the next table "dude" and tells them in other words to mind their business. I just want to smack her ugly face.

Right now, it is the one where everybody is walking around with the tailgate of their Trucks, desecrating the Song, "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye." I can't get to the mute button fast enough.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Chunk View Post
    I hate the commercial where two young women are having lunch and they're looking at their phone. The commercial is for credit checks being free - anyway she calls her "dude" - then she calls the people at the next table "dude" and tells them in other words to mind their business. I just want to smack her ugly face.
    I agree. Almost as annoying as the father and son in the Skippy peanut butter commercial. F**K off!