Thread: Dead Famous: Ghostly Encounters

kelbons Guest

Dead Famous: Ghostly Encounters

[SIZE=4]Does/did anyone watch this show on the Biography Channel? Whatcha think?[/SIZE]

JeffD Guest
    I've seen every episode, mostly for information on the celebs they cover and the interesting locations they visit. The show gives me good travel ideas. I've been to all the Clark Gable locations, for instance: Queen Mary, Pioneer Saloon, Oatman Hotel, etc.

sweetpea77 Guest
    I would so watch this show if only I got that channel!

BamaDeathHag Guest
    I loved that show! My fave one was the one about Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, & The Big Bopper. It gave me chills!

Tugboat25 Guest
    I really enjoyed that show although I do not know how real it was as far as spirit contact (I'm a natural skeptic).
    It sure was cool how they went and visited all the cool places people like us would want to see. To me, that was the best part of the show.
    Unfortunately, I believe Dead Famous is no longer in production.

Cemetry Gates Guest
    That's a great show. The last few episodes, I think the woman, the "Skeptic" had alopecia and was walking around bald as a doorknob!

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cemetry Gates View Post
    That's a great show. The last few episodes, I think the woman, the "Skeptic" had alopecia and was walking around bald as a doorknob!
    Yeah, Gail Porter lost her hair due to alopecia but you know what, I thought she didn't look half bad.
    Obviously a nice head of hear on a woman is the preferred look but the baldness kinda worked for Gail (one man's opinion).

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Yeah, Gail Porter lost her hair due to alopecia but you know what, I thought she didn't look half bad.
    Obviously a nice head of hear on a woman is the preferred look but the baldness kinda worked for Gail (one man's opinion).

She was seriously stunning with hair. I mean she doesn't look bad now. But with hair she was gorge. A magazine once projected a naked picture of her onto the Houses of Parliament. How cool. Having your naked arse 30ft high in the middle of London. She was a pin up for years. Then she got stress alopecia, had a bad marraige break up and stuff, and kinda slipped from the public eye so much, I was suprised to see her on that show.

They show it over here on Living. I watch it more to find out about the people who they are trying to ''contact'' than to actually see the ghosts. I don't believe in all that stuff, especially how most of those shows are faked. A La' Most Haunted. The James Dean and Jim Morrisons ones were my favourite.

magblax Guest
    I love watching because they film at great locations but it always seems like they rarely pick up any substantial activity.

Danse Macabre Guest
    I love that show too. I loved the ones on Janis Joplin and James Dean.

guyinpto Guest
    what channel is this show on?

RoRo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea77 View Post
    I would so watch this show if only I got that channel!
    me too !!

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    She was seriously stunning with hair. I mean she doesn't look bad now. But with hair she was gorge. A magazine once projected a naked picture of her onto the Houses of Parliament. How cool. Having your naked arse 30ft high in the middle of London. She was a pin up for years. Then she got stress alopecia, had a bad marraige break up and stuff, and kinda slipped from the public eye so much, I was suprised to see her on that show.

They show it over here on Living. I watch it more to find out about the people who they are trying to ''contact'' than to actually see the ghosts. I don't believe in all that stuff, especially how most of those shows are faked. A La' Most Haunted. The James Dean and Jim Morrisons ones were my favourite.
    I agree, Gail was pretty darn easy on the eyes.
    She's still very attractive.

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by guyinpto View Post
    what channel is this show on?

I think it's on the "sci-fi" channel.

Danny62 Guest
    I kind of thought the guy was kind phony...Can't remember his name!

Anyway I have second thoughts after watching him on the episode of ghost hunters where got the Tate/Sebring ghosts to drop the temp in the room!!!

So know maybe he does communicate with the dead??

Unless someone has an explanation how he did it.

Any skeptics out there can explain how it could have been done?

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    I kind of thought the guy was kind phony...Can't remember his name!
    [SIZE=3]That's Chris Fleming and, though I consider this one of my regular "spook shows", I think he's a tad over the top. He's almost as annoying as that goofy twit Derek Acorah who was kicked off Most Haunted. I watch both shows for the history and the fun but, those guys make me cringe when they go into their acts.[/SIZE]

So, any one else seen this show? Is it a bit on the "hokey" side like "Most Haunted" or do they actually show any ghosts, death pics or anything like that?

I can get it on DVD, but I'd like some honest, and detailed info about the show before I spend my money - thanks!

NewYorkDoll Guest
    I like Gail because she is the skeptical one. Chris is a bit over the top. In my opinion, some of the episodes are very entertaining and some of them are dead boring. Not as hokey as Most Haunted, which I do not bother to watch at all. They show orbs and sometimes "ghosts" and they tape evp's.

I LOVE it, but think its way too hinky when someone "enters" Chris's bod and he starts to freak.

IncrediblyRotten Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post
    I LOVE it, but think its way too hinky when someone "enters" Chris's bod and he starts to freak.
    I agree, I would see that, and think "you've got to be kidding me." Sometimes Gail would get on my nerves saying "I'm a skeptic this and I'm a skeptic that" yet would be scared out of her mind at times. If you are a skeptic, why would you be freakin like that?

Quote Originally Posted by IncrediblyRotten View Post
    I agree, I would see that, and think "you've got to be kidding me." Sometimes Gail would get on my nerves saying "I'm a skeptic this and I'm a skeptic that" yet would be scared out of her mind at times. If you are a skeptic, why would you be freakin like that?

Me too!! Its funny because I also love to watch Ghost Hunters on the SciFi Channel, and they're true believers, but they also try to disprove every haunting they investigate. They also don't RUN at the first sign of any paranormal experiences, wherein Chris and Gail sometimes take off screaming like little girls. What I find most interesting about Dead Famous is the actors and their lives, etc. Its neat to be able to see where they came from or spent time, etc. They did one on either Marilyn Monroe or Frank Sinatra and went to CalNeva, the resort that I think Sinatra owned and Marilyn frequented. It was fascinating. They had an underground tunnel and private rooms, etc.

hoxharding Guest
    I think they showed it on Living TV in the U.K.
    I haven't seen alot of it,but I wasn't too impressed with what I saw. I thought many of the places they picked were not the best places to look for the chosen star of the episodes.
    Also, in some of the episodes, the two seemed to bicker more than discuss or actually do anything. I swear I saw eye-rolling and face-pulling instead of searching.

Speaking of 'spirits taking over' Derek Acorah has always been a cross between amusing and alarming in my mind. Most of the 'spirits' seem to speak and act like a cross old man(even if they were female)
    The alarming part was many of them yelled about wanting to do sexual violence to women.
    Funniest time- when he claimed to be overtaken by the Elephant Man and the spirit board said,no it wasn't the Elephant Man.

Does Chris get overtaken by more than one sort of personality?
    Mind you, I am not making fun because of skeptism toward the paranormal. Just being a non-believer about Derek Acorah.

Btw-they show it on the Biography Channel.
    Last edited by hoxharding; 06-05-2008 at 03:44 PM.

Dylgem22 Guest
    I loved watching that show (and the reruns still come on now and then) only because I would get freaked out if I was going to these places at night .. letting my imagination run away with me .. but I really loved the James Dean episode and the one with Buddy Holly .. I too thought it was just nutty when Chris would become "possessed" .. I can't help but laugh and wonder how he keeps a straight face (or contorted face) without laughing! I like the host, Gail, and wish there were more episodes made .. entertaining show IMO!

Carrie Guest
    When I was a kid, around 8 or 9, my girlfriend told me that the teenager who lived at the corner of our street was being haunted by Janis Joplin. She had a daughter and named her Janis becaus Janis' ghost told her to. Well, now that I'm older, I'm sure that Janis Joplin's ghosts wasn't visiting some fan in Detroit....I'm sure that that teenager was just trippin of some really good acid. Ah, the 70s...how I miss them so.

Thanks for the reviews on the show. I guess I'll save my money and hope for a re-run or two to see. I don't like "Most Haunted" type of crap on my "death hag" type of programs.

And yeah, I like "Ghost Hunters" too - I got all their seasons on DVD.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Thanks for the reviews on the show. I guess I'll save my money and hope for a re-run or two to see. I don't like "Most Haunted" type of crap on my "death hag" type of programs.

And yeah, I like "Ghost Hunters" too - I got all their seasons on DVD.

Hey, with 'Most Haunted' you get good humorous moments! Like whenever Karl gets 'possessed' he hits his wife's cousin and gets into verbal fights with his wife.
    In one of the live shows,Karl fought Stu and 'threw' him over a railing(actually gently lowered him)
    Supposedly ghosts had been throwing pebbles at them. Well, when Su went over,all these pebbles fell out of his pocket.
    After that,all pebble throwing by the ghosts stopped!

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    Hey, with 'Most Haunted' you get good humorous moments! Like whenever Karl gets 'possessed' he hits his wife's cousin and gets into verbal fights with his wife.
    In one of the live shows,Karl fought Stu and 'threw' him over a railing(actually gently lowered him)
    Supposedly ghosts had been throwing pebbles at them. Well, when Su went over,all these pebbles fell out of his pocket.
    After that,all pebble throwing by the ghosts stopped!

I saw an epidode where they claim that kids were throwing pebbles at them in a bedroom and I'm not sure if it was the same or another epidode where pebbles were being thrown at them in a horse barn. TOO CHEESY!!!

hoxharding Guest
    Here is the 'fight'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFCMa0BGoyI

Here it is-
    Watch Stu carefully-look at him and what falls out of his pockets.(he is the bald guy) Btw-they insist that working on Most haunted caused him to lose all his hair. 'The stress with dealing with ghosts'

Here is Karl being 'possessed' He always gets mean toward his wife and her cousin when he is like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dg4q...eature=related

One More-
    Karl and Yvette get into a spat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjnA0...eature=related

Stu-shows how smart he is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qanoBHVCC6Q
    Last edited by hoxharding; 06-06-2008 at 04:26 PM.

Those clips are too funny!!! I love the slapping. She's pretty aggressive!!

I like my ghost hunting shows serious, not "soap opera-ish". Luckily Ghost Hunters sticks with the actual hunting - altho once in a while they get a bit "cheesy" with shit - but not a whole lot.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I like my ghost hunting shows serious, not "soap opera-ish". Luckily Ghost Hunters sticks with the actual hunting - altho once in a while they get a bit "cheesy" with shit - but not a whole lot.

I so like Ghost Hunters far better than Dead Famous or Most Haunted.
    Usually the only time I watch Most Haunted is when they are live.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    I'm a sucker for all of that ghost stuff. I watch them all, Ghost Hunters, Most Haunted and Dead Famous.

Is it me or does Chris from Dead Famous look like he is having a massive orgasm when he gets possessed in some of those seances?

hoxharding Guest
    If you get into tv shows about ghosts-take a look at all these tv shows past and present!

Here is a link to a list of Paranormal/ghost shows:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal_television

Here is Phil Whyman's list of credits(including Most Haunted)
    TELEVISION CREDITS
    Scream TeamAugust 2002Most Haunted’ series 2+3Dec 2002 - Jul 2003Most Haunted’ series 4Jan 2004 - Apr 2004Most Haunted – LIVE from Dudley CastleOctober 2002Most Haunted – LIVE from Dover CastleDecember 2002Most Haunted – LIVE from the Midland Grand HotelApril 2003Most Haunted – LIVE from Woodchester MansionJune 2003Most Haunted – LIVE from Beaulieu AbbeyOctober 2003Most Haunted – LIVE, the trail of Dick TurpinDecember 2003Most Haunted – LIVE from Stratford upon AvonFebruary 2004Top 20 most controversial TV moments\

www.philwhyman.com

Here are Derek Acorah's credits on tv:
    Derek's TV Appearances

ShowDate
    Info

Tubridy Tonight March 2007 Brainiac: Science Abuse August 2006 Doctor Who July 2006 Harry Hill's TV Burp March 2006 Richard and Judy November 2005 Ghost Towns Nov 2005 - Oct 2006 25 episodes Loose Women September 2005 The Paul O'Grady Show Oct 2004 and Oct 2007 2 episodes Bo' Selecta! August 2004 Psychic Loose Lips October 2003 3 episodes Most Haunted May 2002 - Oct 2005 Resident MediumCilla Live 2004 Antiques Ghostshow20038 episodes ISPR Investigates 19992 episodes

Here is Derek Acorah's website:
    http://www.derekacorah.com/
    Last edited by hoxharding; 06-07-2008 at 07:54 PM.

The best Derek clip ever!
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZCChwZL17A

Loved Dead famous! That show was great. Loved the locations, subject & the whole idea of getting in touch with a celeb!

some of the locations had no chance of finding a dead famous person but the evps in that show were amazing! click onto his website & listen to some of them!
    http://unknownmagazine.com/invest1.htm

I loved the Thunder bird lodge one...both times they went there the evps were so clear it sent shivers down my spine!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sunshine74137 Guest
    Mary loves Dick cracked me up

hoxharding Guest
    'Antiques Ghostshow' (Yes,this was a real show)
    Plot:

Internationally acclaimed spirit medium Derek Acorah discovers the hidden history of people's family pasts, by psychicly connecting with their cherished heirlooms.
    [SIZE=5]Cast[/SIZE]

(Series Credited cast)
    Nina Sebastiane... PresenterDerek Acorah... Spiritualist MediumChris Gower... Antiques ExpertAnthony Adolph... Genealogistmore

Yvette Fielding is in Caesar's Nightclub talking about 'Most Haunted'
    This is part one- this is also the nightclub the supposedly has the ghost of Ruth Ellis(last woman to be be hung for a crime in the UK)
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb2y27...eature=related
    Last edited by hoxharding; 06-10-2008 at 12:28 PM.