Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Scott about Former Sharon Tate Residence Location

Question for Scott about Former Sharon Tate Residence Location

Hi Scott,
    When you have conducted your tours at Cielo Drive, have you ever picked up on some strange or sad vibes from the place? I've always wondered if the spirits of Sharon, Jay, etc. are still 'stuck' there and have been unable to move on. No, I'm not totally crazy, just 98% <L> but I wondered if you ever saw orbs or anything of that nature. Thanks in advance.

Personally... I don't think so. Not at all. There are those that would beg to differ, but I don't think their spirits are there. Probably some residual energy bouncing around, but hopefully (for them) they are at peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Personally... I don't think so. Not at all. There are those that would beg to differ, but I don't think their spirits are there. Probably some residual energy bouncing around, but hopefully (for them) they are at peace.
    Thanks, Scott. My curiosity was getting the better of me.

alexmack Guest
    Scott,
    What exactly do you mean by "residual energy bouncing around"?

Seagorath Guest
    Traumatic spiritual aftermath?

sheri Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alexmack View Post
    Scott,
    What exactly do you mean by "residual energy bouncing around"?
    IMHO, probably just some remaining energy that hasn't transitioned over to the other side. Perhaps this is what Scott means, IMHO. Just my thought.

weswife4207 Guest
    That YouTube video is pretty creepy to watch alone, those EVP voices are scary and if it is who they say it is, then that is SO sad to think they're stuck in misery forty years later. I'd like to believe they have moved on and are at peace by now, as I think most would like to believe. It's also a little funny the way that show happened and then that guy has a movie made "House at the End of the Drive"... a little publicity maybe to promote his movie?? I dunno... I don't think it's them there honestly.

I can only imagine being in a room where such trauma occurred, and I believe that there was a lot of emotion/energy being emitted, and I believe that surroundings can soak that in.

I think if anything would be haunted, it would be that eyesore that the new owners of the property call a house put there. If I was Tate I would haunt them for just having bad taste. That mansion is GAUDY!

Seagorath Guest
    I think the "primary spirits" have passed decades ago. These hauntings are just the "pain and suffering" energy that has remained.

Hopefully they are all at Peace.....but I tend to agree with SCott...that type of event would have to yield some kind of reaction energy, I would think. That wasn't the usual homocide.....that was the worst nightmare imaginable come to life.

Having said that...I;m not sure I buy the EVP stuff from GHosthunters......whether it was real or not....it was still creepy.

But then why haunt that house??? It wasn't even built yet when the murders happened.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I think if anything would be haunted, it would be that eyesore that the new owners of the property call a house put there. If I was Tate I would haunt them for just having bad taste. That mansion is GAUDY!
    Money don't buy taste or class fella.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by NYSDeathhag View Post
    Hopefully they are all at Peace.....but I tend to agree with SCott...that type of event would have to yield some kind of reaction energy, I would think. That wasn't the usual homocide.....that was the worst nightmare imaginable come to life.

Having said that...I;m not sure I buy the EVP stuff from GHosthunters......whether it was real or not....it was still creepy.

But then why haunt that house??? It wasn't even built yet when the murders happened.
    I''ve said the same more than once here and on youtube. I believe it's utter bullsh*t.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

Lisamarie Guest
    Scott I do have a question for you..I saw anspecial on John Waters and he always puts a free tex watson in all his movies.....I love John Waters but when I heard this it left a bad taste in my mouth....I notice you wrote to Tex...was it curiosity?? Or do you agree with John Waters that he should be set free?? Im not even sure if thats what John Waters maens..they say its a trademark..but what a trademark.....

I spent some time with Waters and he told me that he was pals with Tex, but they had a falling out years ago and they no longer speak. However, he does maintain a friendship with Leslie Van Houten. I wrote Tex out of curiosity - and also because I had just read his book, and had some thoughts about it, I felt I needed to share with him. It wasn't a fan letter. But I did hope I'd get a response, and did. I've never written Manson, nor do I care to.

ibestevie Guest
    I spent some time with Waters and he told me that he was pals with Tex, but they had a falling out years ago and they no longer speak. However, he does maintain a friendship with Leslie Van Houten. I wrote Tex out of curiosity - and also because I had just read his book, and had some thoughts about it, I felt I needed to share with him. It wasn't a fan letter. But I did hope I'd get a response, and did. I've never written Manson, nor do I care to.
    Scott, can you expand on this a bit? I know Waters is way off center but how and why did he befriend Tex and Van Houten? How do you have a "falling out" with one butcher while remaining friendly with another who is just as guilty of murder? Also, can you share some details of your correspondences with Watson? One more thing- why do you feel comfortable writing to Tex but not to Manson?

I could never fathom why WATERS initiated those relationships. I remember speaking to him one time about it and I got the feeling that he felt more for watson & van houten than he did for those murdered. The impression I got was that he related somewhat to the idea of 'lost misguided youth' who fell under the spell of the madman that they did. A generational thing maybe. The following Christmas I had a T-Shirt made for him that had embroidered on it in bold red..........
    SHARON TATE
    1943-1969
    I remember when he opened it, he thanked me, but I doubt that he ever wore it.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    I could never fathom why WATERS initiated those relationships. I remember speaking to him one time about it and I got the feeling that he felt more for watson & van houten than he did for those murdered. The impression I got was that he related somewhat to the idea of 'lost misguided youth' who fell under the spell of the madman that they did. A generational thing maybe. The following Christmas I had a T-Shirt made for him that had embroidered on it in bold red..........
    SHARON TATE
    1943-1969

Wow! Kelt! I knew I loved you! WTG! Thats wonderful!

Lisamarie Guest
    Thats awesome !! I agree I dont get why anyone would want to befriend these scum of the earth people..if it had been any of us in that house that night they would have killed us too....by befriending them to me tells them hey it was not your fault...you were misguided accidents happen....and to me its like jeese man they freaking killed an innocent knocked up girl...home invasion style I cannot think of how scared they all must have been.I have always love Waters ...but when I heard that I was like man....you have this position were people look up to you and your work and you hold influenece..and thats how you use it by supporting butchers??? Dont get it.

Lisamarie Guest
    I alwat thought Tex was pure evil. Isint it funny how whenever people go to prison they find God all the sudden.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    I alwat thought Tex was pure evil. Isint it funny how whenever people go to prison they find God all the sudden.....
    I can't agree more & I'm always surprised why people want to "befriend" or contact these dirtbags. What is the fascination with these people?

Lisamarie Guest
    Thats what Im saying..why give them attention?? Why let them believe you care? I just dont get it.!!

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisamarie View Post
    i alwat thought tex was pure evil. Isint it funny how whenever people go to prison they find god all the sudden.....

amen! :d

Filmmaker78 Guest
    I have to admit that while I have a lot more sympathy for the victims (infinitely more), that today, after spending the past 15 months making this film, I do feel a little sorry for a few of the Manson followers. I can understand how easy it would be for a young person in that day and age, coming from a bad home with nowhere to go, to get caught up in the excitement of what Manson was selling. Add in a ton of heavy drugs and I think a lot of otherwise normal people out there could have just as easily ended up as one of the killers.

Bobby Beausoleil played with Arthur Lee - Bobby could have been a rockstar. Tex Watson was a star athlete and student in high school, and he got involved simply because he gave Dennis Wilson a ride. He could have tried California out, given up and gone back to college in Texas. One bad decision and they got sucked in.

I have "no mercy for" Manson, Tex and Atkins - they can rot. And any family member who still swears allegiance to Manson can die in a fire. But some of the others... I don't know... There is some gray area in there when you add in all of the factors that led to their involvement.

kieransmith Guest
    I can only imagine being in a room where such trauma occurred, and I believe that there was a lot of emotion/energy being emitted, and I believe that surroundings can soak that in.
    Many believe that the carbon in buildings, the ground etc acts the same as a video tape and records events which have occured there. I personally doubt that any of their spirits are at that location but I'm sure some kind of residual energy of the event is still there, perhaps for eternity?!?!

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Anyone have pictures of the McMansion they put up on the lot? I've only seen sketches.

If you go the Sharon Tate thread and read through it, many have visited the street and near/on the lot. Some felt nothing, some said they felt a lot of heavy/bad energy in the canyon in general, not really victim-related. There, I just saved you going through 50 pages of posts.

miz rosebud Guest
    I actually have alot of new pics of the place including the front gates.can anyone tell me how to post them. I havent figured that out.and ill post them right up on here.

miz rosebud Guest

miz rosebud Guest
    nevermind i figured it out

miz rosebud Guest

WendyK Guest
    What a monster ^^^^^^^^^^ an ugly one too...

My God...I haven't been up to Cielo since 2001-what happened? If anything, the place got worse. It almost looks as if they have completely remodeled the house that used to be there in an attempt to create some pseudo-Moorish monstrosity.

On the subject of vibes: In January 1991 I was in LA and because I had begun working on my book on Sharon I managed to spend some time at Cielo when the old house was there. I got to wander the property in the early evening, walk through the house, sit and take it in-and all I can say is, aside from the fact that it was really a beautiful and serene place, is that I never felt anything negative about it. There is a kind of weird knowledge knowing you're standing here or there where this or that body was, but it didn't feel negative in any way. I wish they had left it alone.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg King View Post
    My God...I haven't been up to Cielo since 2001-what happened? If anything, the place got worse. It almost looks as if they have completely remodeled the house that used to be there in an attempt to create some pseudo-Moorish monstrosity.

On the subject of vibes: In January 1991 I was in LA and because I had begun working on my book on Sharon I managed to spend some time at Cielo when the old house was there. I got to wander the property in the early evening, walk through the house, sit and take it in-and all I can say is, aside from the fact that it was really a beautiful and serene place, is that I never felt anything negative about it. There is a kind of weird knowledge knowing you're standing here or there where this or that body was, but it didn't feel negative in any way. I wish they had left it alone.
    I envy you...
    Last edited by WendyK; 07-29-2008 at 10:28 PM.

knothere Guest
    i realy dont get residuale energy
    i figure all my energy stays from its source me

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    The original house was pretty and looked like it had some character. The rooms were large, but it wasn't out of hand.

I've read they're having a hard time selling the McMansion and/or it's always on the market with no buyers. It looks like the public library in a new California city! Anyway, did anyone ever think to open up a spa or B & B there? People may not want to live there, but a few nights, the views, donate a portion to the Doris charity, you could have a booming business.

The house is now inhabited.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I guess the owners aren't death hag-friendly??

I was thinking last night, even if there had been no murders, the old house would probably be gone now anyway. With a lot like that, it was only a matter of time before something gigantic was built there, it's just the trend.

scootershort Guest
    I think the original home fit nicely into the surroundings - an understated home that is nestled into the side of the Hollywood Hills. I think the original home would be more stated than a new McMansion and sure cost a lot of money to build but has not character. Sure anyone can throw money around and build a house - yet characteristics that made this house a home are lost forever.

apparently there is a smaller version of the house further down into the canyon that is identical.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I can't imagine paying like $10 million when the house has a mini-me down the road.

I don't live in a place anything like Cielo Drive, but where I am, three McMansions have gone up in the last 5 years. Two look ok on their own, but the lots are too small and against the rest of the neighborhood, they look ridiculous. One even had a plaque, "Villa Lugano," I mean, gag, we're not in Tuscany. My neighborhood was platted and built out in the 60s, it's moderate-sized old Florida homes, not Italian villas. Then, the one right around the corner takes the cake. We call it "Costco" because it's this tall, gray thing with teeny tiny far-spaced windows. It looks like a warehouse, it's awful, I keep thinking Jigsaw from the Saw movies has his lair inside. And against this gray bland wasteland of a structure, they have some Japanese "inspired" red lattice work around the front door. I need to get a digital camera and post a picture, it's really something else. The neighborhood really flipped out when Costco was completed.

Noelle Page Guest
    SHARON TATE
    1943-1969
    Bravo, Kelt. JW probably secretly thought your gift was in "bad taste"....

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miz rosebud View Post

It looks more like a Hotel than it does a house, how dreadful....

Hotel California?

This is a true monstrosity, I don't like it one bit.
    Also, this house can probably be seen from a long distance?
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

beatlebaby4 Guest
    SHARON TATE
    1943-1969

That is exactly why we love you so much Kelt!! That is awesome! I want to know how he knew Watson and Van Houten and why did he fall out with watson. He did ever tell you anything interesting (things we already don't know) regarding these two killers?

beatlebaby4 Guest

I envy you so much! I would have loved to have been able to see and walk around the old house. This new "house" is a monster It is such an eye sore, I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy it. Does anyone know who lives there now?

RoRo Guest
    I wish I were stinking rich...I would buy the property, tear down that huge pile o crap and turn the place into wilderness...let people visit if they wanted, just as a memorial to the victims

Desertrose Guest
    Don't tear it down until we have a Death Hag gathering there first!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertrose View Post
    Don't tear it down until we have a Death Hag gathering there first!
    I second that motion

OK, and speaking of houses...does anyone know the precise location of the house used as Cielo in the 1976 CBS version of Helter Skelter. Vince Bugliosi told me it was indeed a real house in Hollywood somewhere but that was as specific as he got. If it's still there, it would be interesting for someone to find and photograph it.

OK, and speaking of houses...does anyone know the precise location of the house used as Cielo in the 1976 CBS version of Helter Skelter. Vince Bugliosi told me it was indeed a real house in Hollywood somewhere but that was as specific as he got. If it's still there, it would be interesting for someone to find and photograph it.
    Good question! Anyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't forget to start your day with a nutritious breakfast!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    SHARON TATE
    1943-1969
    Kelt, I've always had the impression that JW has a fascination with serial killers, mass murderers, etc. in general? In his films, their names come up a lot: Richard Speck, George Wallace's shooter Arthur Bremer, CA mass murderer Juan Corona, the Manson crew, Idi Amin, the list goes on. Do you happen to know if he ever attempted or did contact any of these folks also? Or was his fixation mainly on Manson et al? I get the impression he's definitely a death hag...!