Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Schlitzie

SenorMuerto Guest
    What a GREAT itinerary! And thanks for all the links!

Good people, historic sights, and we won't be hurtin' for food either!

I"ll be there every step of the journey.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	areuready.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	12325

LadyCurry Guest
    I just wanted to say that I think it is amazing how everyone here pulled together and got this done- I am sure if Schlitzie could thank you- he would! How wonderful that you all are able to go! This board, everyone here-----I am just glad to "know" all of you!

BooMom Guest
    Do we have any word on a possible webcast? I won't be able to attend, but would LOVE to virtually "be" there !

I'm stuck here in the snow, but please send me a green burrito from Del Taco. Please!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Verne Langdon Guest
    Oops! I missed this thread! (Not unusual - Tom Jones syndrome!) - Please put me down for 1 as of 2/3/09).

- Verne

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BooMom View Post
    Do we have any word on a possible webcast? I won't be able to attend, but would LOVE to virtually "be" there !
    Fantastic idea!

Verne Langdon Guest
    Hello, BooMom! Sorry you won't be joining us. As of this minute there are no plans afoot for a possible webcast, but everything has not been finalized as yet and won't be, at least not until we get closer to February 20. All I can say is, "stay tuned" for up to the minute reportage.

Thank You for your interest.

- Verne

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    IS THIS STILL HAPPENING?!?!?! I never see this thread anymore...I'm concerned that it's not getting the attention it needs...

Kugmu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank 'N' Howie View Post
    IS THIS STILL HAPPENING?!?!?!
    Absolutely it is still happening!
    Friday, 20 February 2009 is Schlitzieâ??s Day!!
    (See my post above for detailsâ?¦)

As of now about a dozen people have confirmed / reconfirmed.
    Please post on this thread if you are planning to attend so we can get some kind of head count for reservations (if needed)â?¦

Verne Langdon Guest

Lots of room left

Quote Originally Posted by ad nauseam View Post
    Hey guys,

I just tried to book a room for that weekend and the woman informed me that the Oscars have taken everything. Los Angeles will be a madhouse and I am a brat when it comes to accommodations. I am sorry to be so selfish but I really had my heart set on seeing a bit of LA while I was there and really really don't want to be caught up in the fray. I am more than happy to contribute money to the event in my absence.
    Hi ad nauseum, The Farmer's Daughter hotel across the street from Dupars on Fairfax Avenue where we're meeting is $204.00 per night for a single and still booking (as of two days ago). You'd be close and staying at a place where some of the biggest stars and producers have rolled around! Their phone # is (323) 937-3930 in case you want to give it a shot. I'd hate to see you miss this incredible day!

- Verne

Only 7 more days before I fly out to LA! I can't wait to meet everyone! I checked and there are still plenty of hotels available!

Not long now kids!
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Kugmu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Colicky View Post
    Only 7 more days before I fly out to LA! I can't wait to meet everyone! I checked and there are still plenty of hotels available!
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Not long now kids!
    Schlitzie's Day is next Friday!

Anybody have any last minute questions or issues?
    I live in LA, anybody coming in from out of town have any questions or fears?
    Iâ??ll try to answer themâ?¦
    PM me if you want.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    It's so sad that this is not gettin any more attention than it is from this forum...There was SO MUCH excitement about it once upon a time...What happened to the spirit of this bunch...I would give my LEFT EYE TOOTH to be there...This is what should be talked about this week...Instead this thread and any others are being buried under other threads...I am so saddened by this...

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Kugmu and everyone else involved in organizing this, I tip my hat to you and hope you have a wonderful day. I'm sure Schlitze will be smiling down on all of you!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I know he will be!!! He would have loved you guys...

SenorMuerto Guest
    It's so sad that this is not gettin any more attention than it is from this forum...There was SO MUCH excitement about it once upon a time...What happened to the spirit of this bunch...I would give my LEFT EYE TOOTH to be there...This is what should be talked about this week...Instead this thread and any others are being buried under other threads...I am so saddened by this...
    Many of us attending have been getting fired-up and working to get the word out about Schlitze and his day.

http://www.sideshowworld.com/Schlitzie-Day-2-20-09.html

You might not see the story there using Firefox, but it comes thru clear using IE. I emailed John at Sideshow World to see if that could be taken care of.

Some of us will be wearing these on February 20th:

Name:	blacksch.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	12507

And we know you'll all be with in spirit on February 20th!

Name:	gobble2.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	12508

GAdeathhag Guest
    take a camera--- someone please------ yeah i know i am asking again---- but i want to be there too and this will be the next best thing

My brother and I will be taking lots of pictures, don't worry!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I worked on it today!!! I swear! Lol

Kugmu Guest
    Three days until Schlitzie’s Day!
    Been raining here most of the weekend but the weather folks say today is the last of it until Sunday at the earliest. Temperature will be slightly on the cool side so bring a sweater or something.

Hollywood Blvd, in front of the Kodak Theater and the Chinese Theater, is now closed in preparation for the Oscars on Sunday – From Highland to La Brea
    If anybody has any questions or needs additional information don’t hesitate to PM me or post it here.
    I don’t, but does anybody have a laptop they can bring?
    Also, do we go to Philippe’s before or after MacArthur Park…Or just wing it on Friday?
    I’m looking forward to meeting ya’ll Friday morning at DuPars / Farmers Market!

One of Us
    It’ll be a good day!

Kugmu Guest
    Three days until Schlitzie’s Day!
    Been raining here most of the weekend but the weather folks say today is the last of it until Sunday at the earliest. Temperature will be slightly on the cool side so bring a sweater or something.

Hollywood Blvd, in front of the Kodak Theater and the Chinese Theater, is now closed in preparation for the Oscars on Sunday – From Highland to La Brea
    If anybody has any questions or needs additional information don’t hesitate to PM me or post it here.
    I don’t, but does anybody have a laptop they can bring?
    Also, do we go to Philippe’s before or after MacArthur Park…Or just wing it on Friday?
    I’m looking forward to meeting ya’ll Friday morning at DuPars / Farmers Market!

One of Us
    It’ll be a good day!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    *Sniff, sniff*

I WANNA GOOOOOOOO!!!

I will think about you guys ALL day!!! I am so excited that you are gonna get to meet each other in person finally!!! I am there in spirit!

SenorMuerto Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kugmu View Post
    Three days until Schlitzieâ??s Day!

Hollywood Blvd, in front of the Kodak Theater and the Chinese Theater, is now closed in preparation for the Oscars on Sunday â?? From Highland to La Brea
    If anybody has any questions or needs additional information donâ??t hesitate to PM me or post it here.
    I donâ??t, but does anybody have a laptop they can bring?
    Also, do we go to Philippeâ??s before or after MacArthur Parkâ?¦Or just wing it on Friday?
    Iâ??m looking forward to meeting yaâ??ll Friday morning at DuPars / Farmers Market!

One of Us
    Itâ??ll be a good day!
    Starting the morning with breakfast at DuPar's, it seems to me we should base the Philippe's stop on how hungry everyone is

If the stops are already scheduled, that's OK too.

Not to mention we have a visit to Pink's planned.

Name:	WALKOFFAME.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	12621
    Last edited by SenorMuerto; 02-17-2009 at 07:12 PM.

Verne Langdon Guest
    Senor Muerto! LOVE the Star for Shlitze. If ONLY!

Somebody checked with the Hollywood Chamber Of Commerce not more than a month ago, and they now want $33,000.00 for a star (yes, that's right: THIRTY THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS. Ahem, and EXCUUUUUUUUSE moi.) In Hollywood's Golden Years they GAVE the Walk Of Fame Stars to movie stars! Alas, tempus fugit, (and more than that, time flies!)

Can't wait to see y'all Friday AM. This will be a day to remember, for sure! All Shlitze's environs, plus Dupars, Philippe's, and Pinks! Don't pinch me - I don't wanna wake up!

- Verne

SenorMuerto Guest

After all the hype...

Name:	Ldrl5i9LJMQv8dVxZY_slA.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	12668

After all the notice...

Name:	2P8eDm-WCddIBAI3gW5xTA.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	12669

Tomorrow, Everyone Is Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yHCwjLP-W4sZxSbdFsRxKQ.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	12670 "One Of Us".

T minus 1

BigBootyJudy Guest
    Please someone give an extra smile for me tomorrow. I tried to get the day off to no avail and in this economy I can't risk losing my job as they do not understand at all the magnitude of what is going to happen tomorrow! I will be there in spirit! I am so happy and proud that all of us came together to remember such a beautiful person. Could someone possibly take video and post it to youtube ? I hate that I am going to miss this.

Everyone................I AM IN LA! WHOOOOOAAAAAAA!

I cannot wait until tommorw to meet everyone!

Shadowcatcher Guest
    Have a great time, everyone. Remember that all this is
    happening because of us. By this time tomorrow night,
    a wonderful little man will be looking down at us and
    saying- "Youu Seeee??? I'm a Starrrrrrr..."

Thank You

People like you truly light the World

Kugmu Guest
    It's Schltzie's Day
    Gooble Gobble!!

Kugmu Guest
    It's Schlitzie's Day!
    Gooble Gobble

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!! I hope the weather is beautiful, the ducks are hungry, and the drinks are cold...You guys have a great time today remembering little man!!!

Despite having been up almost 24 hrs without sleep, before having to fight a winter storm with sleet / ice / snow so I could spend 8 hours traveling across country so I can experience jet lag, I can not sleep because I am so excited about today! I cannot wait to meet everyone!

This experience has really made an impact on my life. I can not believe how this small little man has brought out the good in so many people and brought so many together from all walks of life. This was truly a global effort, and I am fortunate to have been part of it.

I can not wait to see his stone, and lay a simple bouquet of flowers on his grave and say a small prayer of peace. This experience goes to show me that miracles DO happen, they just take time. Who would have thought that after all these years a little poor, handicapped man would be remembered in such a big way?

Enjoy your day Schlitze. Today we are all "One of us".
    Last edited by Colicky; 02-20-2009 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Spelling

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Shelly...You suck...Just wanted to say that...Pttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

ChargerBill Guest
    I'm going +1

BigBootyJudy Guest
    Big hugs to Shelly and Cynthia and everyone who made this happen!! I am truly blessed to have been a very small part of this. Make sure you guys take pics and video if possible! This is a blessed day for sure.
    Last edited by BigBootyJudy; 02-20-2009 at 10:41 AM.

BigBootyJudy Guest
    I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!! I hope the weather is beautiful, the ducks are hungry, and the drinks are cold...You guys have a great time today remembering little man!!!
    Its ok Jules, I can't go either, my tyrant of a boss wouldn't let me have the day off so we will both be there in spirit!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    *Howie drums her fingertips on her desk awaiting pictures*

HELLO!!! Some of us are 3,000 miles away here!!!

BigBootyJudy Guest
    *Howie drums her fingertips on her desk awaiting pictures*

HELLO!!! Some of us are 3,000 miles away here!!!
    They should be starting in about 20 minutes. Probably all stuffing their faces still . Damn it , hurry up!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    *Howie and BigBootyJudy give em all the finger for gettin good grub while we eat stale sandwiches*

BigBootyJudy Guest
    *Howie and BigBootyJudy give em all the finger for gettin good grub while we eat stale sandwiches*
    Exactly and waiting on the video and pictures without a cocktail to boot!!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    The ducks down at the park are gonna get better meals today than us Judy...*Sigh*...It sucks bein stuck here...

BigBootyJudy Guest
    The ducks down at the park are gonna get better meals today than us Judy...*Sigh*...It sucks bein stuck here...

No kidding! And I am only stuck here because my boss is a dictator. I had to be here "just in case" his computer went down. Um that hasn't happend for 6 months.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest

Here is a gift to your boss from me...He is a slavedrivingsonofabeethatneedstogoplayoutintrafficandleaveourpoorJudyalone!!!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Yeah...Hope you get a grass stain on your new white pants Shelly...LOL!!!

BigBootyJudy Guest

Here is a gift to your boss from me...He is a slavedrivingsonofabeethatneedstogoplayoutintrafficandleaveourpoorJudyalone!!!
    THANK YOU!! And yes he does and what do you want to bet that bastard leaves to go home by 1pm today! He;s just in his office now on the phone with his girlfriend.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest

Print this out...And tell him it's from Howie...tell him that because he is chattin up his woman at work you missed the biggest event of the year...

ChargerBill Guest

Smile

Just got home, couldn't make the lunch at Philippe's...what a great, blessed event. Pics are downloading right now...

ChargerBill Guest

BigBootyJudy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargerBill View Post
    Just got home, couldn't make the lunch at Philippe's...what a great, blessed event. Pics are downloading right now...
    You ROCK ChargerBill!! So tell us all about it!!