Thread: Paul Raven (Killing Joke, Ministry, Prong Bassist) Dead at 46.

KMKSouthie2001 Guest

Exclamation Paul Raven (Killing Joke, Ministry, Prong Bassist) Dead at 46.

Link-jacked from The Gauntlet:

Paul Raven died this morning in Switzerland from an apparent heart attack. Raven, who was born in January of 1961 in the UK, was in Geneva working with the French band Treponem Pal. He was an accomplished bass and guitar player who performed with Ministry, Prong, Godflesh, Society 1, and Killing Joke.

Killing Joke Keyboardist Reza Udhin had the following to say: "Paul was a very amazing man who I loved and trusted very much. He always had great ideas, ventures and always looked out for me as if I were a little brother to him.

"I was very fortunate to be in contact with him several times in his last week and I had great conversations with him, we laughed and joked, which was an integral part of his personality.

"We had so much more to do, especially with his own personal project MOB RESEARCH, which I know he was extremely excited about.

"I don't know what more to say, as this is such an unexpected happening for me, as we were only talking a short time ago. I can't believe he is gone.

"Paul will be greatly missed by music fans, friends and mostly his family; his bands will miss him terribly. He was a great man and a unique bass player who has died at such a tragically early age.

"Love to you, brother. I miss you."

Funeral arrangements haven't yet been made as his family is still working on flying his body back to the UK.
    Last edited by KMKSouthie2001; 10-22-2007 at 05:39 PM.

Zeenie Guest
    Love Ministry...this is a sad one.

Quote Originally Posted by KMKSouthie2001 View Post

Link-jacked from The Gauntlet:
    Thas Al Jorgenson in that pic. Have some respect and put Paul Ravens pic up. You are a real Ministry fan I guess.

lil_zino Guest
    That really sucks. They'll probably be playing heavy Killing Joke and Ministry on the industrial nights at some of the clubs around here. Love those two bands.

Bashterd Guest
    Loved Ministry and Prong a sad day indeed. I think I'll go and connect the g&^ damned dots!!!!

And here I hope this corrects who this very talented gentleman was......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ravenrip.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	187
    Last edited by Bashterd; 10-22-2007 at 01:33 PM.

KMKSouthie2001 Guest
    Oi vey! Sorry about the *minor* pic screw-up. I'm not too familiar with the man, 'meself-- a friend of mine who is a big fan of Ministry and Killing Joke actually told me about Raven's death, and this technical difficulty was the result of my haste to post the news. Karma, I suppose. ._.

HBennett Guest
    Sorry to bring up a dead thread... but in lieu of making a new one.

As a LONG time Ministry fan (hence my avatar)...

I had the pleasure of meeting Paul on the 2006 tour... when I heard the news about his passing I was shocked to say the least. He was very accomodating and I still have the bottle of beer he handed me during the meet & greet.

I asked for his autograph but he admitted he was too buzzed to sign anything, I got Uncle Al's however!

Guest Guest
    Ooh I didn't realise he passed away!