Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Columbine Tragedy

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Can someone remind me again how they think that the two shooters died? Did one kill the other and then he killed himself?

Quote Originally Posted by EthelMertz View Post
    Can someone remind me again how they think that the two shooters died? Did one kill the other and then he killed himself?
    I thought they each killed themselves. But I could be wrong, I haven't read anything about it in so long. Too sad of a thing to just read a lot for me, so I may have forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelMertz View Post
    One report I've read says that Eric shot Dylan and then himself and another says they counted down and each shot themselves simultaneously.

Andrea Guest
    Yah, racingfan, I've read both accounts as well. It wouldn't surprise me if Eric shot Dylan and then did himself in, or if they counted down and did it together. From reading the transcripts from the library recording, it sounds like Dylan was doing the most yelling and whooping it up. I think they both knew they were going to die that day, but were expecting something different since their bombs didn't go off.

Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by kingoutlaw View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngMJo...9F589&index=19

does anyone know if this really did happen to eric
    I think the "January Incident" they always talked about wasn't a sexual assault by the police as some think it is. I think they're referring to being "screwed over" by the police, but not literally.

"Death doesn't really worry me that much, I'm not frightened about it... I just don't want to be there when it happens."

kingoutlaw Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sordid1982 View Post
    I think the "January Incident" they always talked about wasn't a sexual assault by the police as some think it is. I think they're referring to being "screwed over" by the police, but not literally.
    they got the rodney king treatment if u read the report it says that dylan said that its been an rough night and i hurt like hell

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    Bullying is no excuse for murder. Kids have bullied other kids since the beginning of time and they don't all go out and shoot up schools. BTW, they didn't only target bullies, they shot randomly. They picked the date as Hitler's birthday and one of the children they shot they taunted for being black before they shot him. These two little freaks were sociopaths, plain and simple. And there is no defending their actions. I've had lots of people do a lot worse than bully me (abuse and you name it etc.) and I'm not out there killing them (though I have a few I wish would die, I'm not gonna do it LMAO). Anyway, I understand anger etc., but there were clearly more serious psychological problems with these two than just bullying.

I was in high school when this happened, everything changed after this. Our school was on lock down, only one door was open to and from the school. We had to have an assembly and were asked if we knew anyone who we thought might be dangerous or potentially would do something like this. People who were not students or faculty had to start signing in at the front desk and wearing name tags, they could not just walk around the school. It's still like that at my old school to this day because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    Here is a link which contains numerous police reports filed against Ed "Reb" harris and Dylan "Vodka"Klebold.
    http://www.konformist.com/1999/color...ort/report.htm

These guys were bullies themselves. If they were treated as freaks in the school it waas for good reason! They tormented and bullied fellow student Brooks Brown for at least a year before the shootings. Brown's parents notified both Dylan and Klebold's parents before filing multiple reports.
    Didnt they spare/tell Brooks to go home/get out?? I read somewhere Brooks is the reason they put up with each other in the first place??

michellezearing Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by suzycreamcheese View Post
    Didnt they spare/tell Brooks to go home/get out?? I read somewhere Brooks is the reason they put up with each other in the first place??
    In Brooks book (Good read) he mentions that He sees Eric in the parking lot the morning of the shootings getting bags out of his car and walks over and talks to him, I believe Eric says: I like you now, Brooks. Get out of here. And Brooks leaves.

RebelRocker Guest
    My "where were you moment" was at school on my way to my vocational college. I was about the same age as them when it happened. It still bothers me to this day. I have to admit, i have no problem looking at eric and dylans death photo. I dont want to sound sick but yes i do want to see the brain matter in HD detail.

My opinion about the shootings was at first it was like a role playing fantasy type thing with them until it turned real. Thee was a point where they couldnt go back to face their reality. Their fantasy was better then their reality.

Birthplace of the Rocky Horror Picture Show
    i read the first post of this thread thinking ok, just another pair of murderous teenagers, but after reading all of your posts, and spending in excess of 25 hrs in two days (yes im like a dog with a bone) reading and watching all i can find on this, all i have to say is i feel sorry for dylan, he was lead by eric, im not saying he should be exhonorated or anything, good god no, but when it boils down to it, i dont think he would have actually done it if eric hadnt been his friend,

i feel so deeply for the family of the ones lost, and im sorry it happened, but my death hag side says thank you to all those who have put this information out there so i can sit there with my 15 year old son and say to him, 'look, never ever be afraid to tell
    me how you feel, even if you feel like these boys did, there is hope, there is never ever a situation that can get so bad that the only way out is to do something like this, never feel alone, you will always have my love, and i am always here, no matter what, i will never look down at you, or ridicule you ever'

my son cried, my big strong burly 15 year old boy sobbed cause he said he had felt like dylan did over a girl, but he had the sense to ask for help

im off to find another bone to chew in the threads now lol have a good day everyone
    I love you and miss you dad, Antun Perdija 27-06-41 - 28-12-00
    RIP Daniel Colvin 5 June 1974 - 7 June 2011, Best Friend, lover, fiancee

RIP David Edgar, 2 Dec 1953 - 10 June 2011, Uncle
    RIP Agnes Steele Edgar, 17 May 1926 - 4 July 2011, Grandmother

I remember in highs chool, My junior year i had a weightlifting class. And before we started we had to run laps. About 3 times a week, Coach would come up to me and say " Son...are you alright? Do you need to talk about anything?"
    I always took it as he thought i was depressed, pissed, or lonely all the time. But its not like i was a loner because i was friends with almost everyone in the class.
    Still to this day i wondered exactly what the thought was going on with me that he needed to address me every other day to make sure i was alright.
    Id like to add, I remember everyone blaming Manson. And i also remember one of the best quote from this whole situation came from Manson in Bowling for Columbine.
    He was asked, " what would you say to the two boys if you could talk to them?"
    Manson's reply was " I wouldnt say a thing to them...id listen to what they had to say, which is obviously what a lot of people didnt do."

Sometimes our saints are sinners
    They blur the lines and lead the way
    Their way
    Raise hell and a glass in reverence
    The fearless lives of our great saints

radiojane Guest
    I watched Bowling For Columbine recently, and I remember finding what Marilyn Manson had to say very poignant. Someone should have listened.

Teenage brains are such a mess. I'm still young enough to remember the mental hell I went through. I remember laying in bed coming up with creative and vicious ways to "take down" my enemies. I wonder to this day what would have pushed me to the point of actually doing. It. I grew up, grew out of it, and I'm a fairly normal functioning adult.

My hometown did Columbine light long before Dylan and Eric. They used to tour us through the basement of our Junior high school and show us the intercom with the bullet holes from when some kid shot up the school in '87. In '99, three quarters of the population of our high school didn't show up on the last day before Christmas because three students had been arrested for plotting to shoot up the cafeteria that day. Apparently a lot of people believed it would happen even with the perpetrators in custody.

I, incidentally had to go to school that day. My mother told me if it was my day to die I'd slip in the shower at home, so I might as well go risk a gunshot. Nice lady my ma is.

I was in 8th grade when columbine happened. So my first year of high school was the first year after columbine. I can remember hearing the upper class men complain about the things they used to allow, but they couldn't do anymore. Like, at lunch time they used to be able to go to their lockers, but when I got there they had lunch monitors blocking the hallways out of the lunch room.

On a side note. A couple years ago, my humble little home town made national news when police foiled a columbine style attack on one of our high schools. The police were tipped by another student, and when they investigated the situation they found an arsenal in one of the boys' basement. If their plans weren't foiled the results could have been worse than columbine. The had bombs, and guns and tons of ammunition. They had jelled gasoline that they planned on using to start the exits on fire so that nobody could escape. Its scary as hell to realize that something like this could happen in boring ol' Green Bay.....
    Here is a link to a story http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214199,00.html
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

I don't like Michael Moore at all, but "Bowling For Columbine" was very good, I thought.

Also, I gotta say, I feel for the parents of these two, as well. I don't know what it would be like to be bullied, and I don't know how it would feel to be the parent of a dead murderer. I think both would suck.

"Everyone who has ever been to school - regardless of country or culture - has been on some side of the same situation. Either they were a bully, someone who was bullied, or someone who stood by and watched as someone was being bullied. We all know what that world feels like. We are all Columbine."
    (Stephen King)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

How were two teenagers able to get 95 bombs into the school acting alone and without anyone noticing including a sheriffs deputy?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

The next time I'm here, I will read this thread as I'm very interested in this case.Apologies if what I say here has already been covered.

I feel sorry , not just for the victims but for Klebold and Harris too.

There are theories that there were more than those 2 shooting-indeed over 100 witness statements point to this fact.
    The idea that this couldn't havve been about bullying as they murdered seemingly innocent students whilst sparing the life of one of the jjocks who had bullied them, is flawed. The bullying happened every day in front of these students-some of whom profess to be Christian-who did nothing. Far easier to let the outsiders get it then actually intervene. Teachers did nothing either.

It seemed to me the whole thing was about their world as a whole.

Also, was it true that one or other of them was raped by the arresting officer Jan 98 -when they broke in to the van? (the January incident) I believe to to be true and think it was Klebold who was raped.

Theres a text file, apparently that the police have that is called 'Buttrape(name of officer)'

It was following this alleged assault that the boys started those journals and the violent fantasising.

I think there was more to this than meets the eye, a lot more.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    I was in 8th grade when columbine happened. So my first year of high school was the first year after columbine. I can remember hearing the upper class men complain about the things they used to allow, but they couldn't do anymore. Like, at lunch time they used to be able to go to their lockers, but when I got there they had lunch monitors blocking the hallways out of the lunch room.

On a side note. A couple years ago, my humble little home town made national news when police foiled a columbine style attack on one of our high schools. The police were tipped by another student, and when they investigated the situation they found an arsenal in one of the boys' basement. If their plans weren't foiled the results could have been worse than columbine. The had bombs, and guns and tons of ammunition. They had jelled gasoline that they planned on using to start the exits on fire so that nobody could escape. Its scary as hell to realize that something like this could happen in boring ol' Green Bay.....
    Here is a link to a story http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214199,00.html
    I LOVE reading stories like that.
    I think its because anytime i read anything about Columbine, I always find myself hoping for things like, the parents to just walk in and find their weapons or tapes and be like " WHAT THE HELL?!?!" and call the cops. Or after telling Brooks Brown to leave, Brown just runs and tells a cop and they get nabbed while sitting in their cars waiting for the explosions.
    But i always know how it ends...
    So reading the story of those guys ready to do the exact same thing but getting stopped really makes me feel great.
    OH and if I was someone who went to that school...and found out what those guys had planned to do to US ( the students) the last thing they would have to worry about is being bullied. >=)

Their way

Thank you ichabodius-very detailed.

Crazy Cat Lady Guest

Wow---so far I haven't had time to do more than skim some of it, but this looks fascinating.

About an hour ago, I read through this thread-thank you to every one for posting links, info & pics- and I see the rape allegations were posted about.
    I do think there is something in this.

That officer 'disappeared' after Columbine-why have the police not moved to quell the rumours?
    Why hasn't he come to that?

Jeffco are most definitely covering things up...the number of shooters...the fact that shots can be heard on the 911 call after Harris & Klebold are dead yet, before SWAT went in...Officer W****....Persuading witnesses they saw Dylan or Klebold when their descriptions are clearly of others who are named...

Interesting to see the comment from the guy who claimed to be a medic at Childrens' hospital...said that his hospital which was nearest and fully set up was bypassed for another...that they could've saved some of the injured...tho I noted that he claimed the call came in at 8am???...Any truth in this I wonder?
    Obviously, I don't know the area so is this hospital nearer?

Not sure that I believe that Dylan & Klebold shot themselves either.

I wonder what is in the basement tapes?

So many questions!

Reading their journals.
    There is absolutely no doubt in my mind of this.
    If Dylan would of got a girlfriend, a steady girlfriend.
    none of that would of happened.
    He was always whining and complaining about liking a girl but never doing anything to get what he wanted, he wrote her a creepy note and never gave the girl he was "in love" with.
    Eric was pissed off, it was clear the idea was for the most part his. And neither talked about being really majorly bullied, just people giving them crap.
    They seemed like people who felt the world owed them.
    When they didnt do a damn thing to try to get whatever it was they strive for. If it was love or whatever. They spent time complaining about it. ( Going by the journals, there may be more to what they did compared to what they said)
    People make to much out of " they could of been victims too"
    They weren't victims, they were high school students. They just felt that people owed them to treat them how they wanted to be treated. Which is something NO ONE GETS, and they damn sure werent owed anything. Just my 2 cents.

Their way

DonnaMc Guest
    It was in them to do this already, bullied or not. The rejection just brought it to the surface. Nobody likes rejection but there ARE better ways to deal with it.

Lots of pieces of information on here-an alternative take, if you will.

http://columbinefamilyrequest.org/ev...y/other-cases/

kingoutlaw Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice_Layne View Post
    Lots of pieces of information on here-an alternative take, if you will.

http://columbinefamilyrequest.org/ev...y/other-cases/
    this info was found false i can give u an couple of names in an pm to check out

Djen Guest
    I wasn't sure if this belonged here or in its own thread. I put it here because it seems to be related to the anniversary of Columbine. The mall is close to Columbine High School and the weapons reflective of Harris and Klebold...

Pipe bomb, propane tanks found at Southwest Plaza

JEFFERSON COUNTY - A pipe bombs was found at Southwest Plaza Mall on Wednesday afternoon after it was evacuated earlier when a fire broke out. Investigators say two propane tanks were also found at the heart of the fire and the FBI is investigating it as a case of domestic terrorism.

Lynn Setzer from Jeffco Public Schools says 25 schools were on lockout as a precaution.

"School were put on lockout as a precaution and because of a suspicious device that was found in the area of the fire at Southwest Plaza," Setzer said.

Lockout means there is only one point of access to each school.

Elizabeth Guest
    Just started reading Dave Cullen's book "Columbine" (on sale at Barnes and Noble for $5.98).....I saw Cullen last weekend in an undated interview with CSpan, and remembered I wanted to pick it up.....

And now the pipe bomb!! Those poor people, already jumpy with the anniversary, and having to deal with that.....

Thoughts and prayers go to the students and families of Columbine yesterday and always.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

I really have a hard time thinking there is any conspiracy or more to this than meets the eye. Harris and Kelbold were two very messed up kids for whatever reason. I would have a hard time taking anything they wrote in their journals at face value. They were at a point where the slightest thing would, in their minds, be blown totally out of proportion, 100x worse than it really was. That makes it a good excuse to exact revenge. They watched too many movies, played too many games, to have a total grasp on their actions in the beginning. But once they started shooting, something in their little brains clicked and they loved the power they had. They totally killed themselves because they knew a) they didn't want to put up with the publicity, years of being studied and questioned, b) at some point the reality would hit them and they didn't want to live with the guilt. I don't believe they worried about their families' lives afterward, I don't believe they thought about how the world would change for one second. They were totally into themselves and their "mistreatment and disrespect." JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Just started reading Dave Cullen's book "Columbine" (on sale at Barnes and Noble for $5.98).....I saw Cullen last weekend in an undated interview with CSpan, and remembered I wanted to pick it up.....

And now the pipe bomb!! Those poor people, already jumpy with the anniversary, and having to deal with that.....
    I'd be interested in what you think of the book after you read it. I may pick it up if it seems objective and insightful.

Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    I really have a hard time thinking there is any conspiracy or more to this than meets the eye. Harris and Kelbold were two very messed up kids for whatever reason. I would have a hard time taking anything they wrote in their journals at face value. They were at a point where the slightest thing would, in their minds, be blown totally out of proportion, 100x worse than it really was. That makes it a good excuse to exact revenge. They watched too many movies, played too many games, to have a total grasp on their actions in the beginning. But once they started shooting, something in their little brains clicked and they loved the power they had. They totally killed themselves because they knew a) they didn't want to put up with the publicity, years of being studied and questioned, b) at some point the reality would hit them and they didn't want to live with the guilt. I don't believe they worried about their families' lives afterward, I don't believe they thought about how the world would change for one second. They were totally into themselves and their "mistreatment and disrespect." JMO
    Those diaries were faked and those 2 kids never gave any thought to their families lives afterwards. They didn't care.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    Do you have a reference re the diaries being fake? There is so much we don't know about this situation, and probably never will know.

elaale Guest

reported evidence of more shooters columbine

i found this videoto a service on italian television. if you look at minute 1:00 you can see, or at least seem to see me, two guys shoot out the window...but neither seems to me dylan or eric.one seems to be wearing a white hat, and in any other shot i saw the eric or dylan wearing a white hat like this. what do you think? in my opinion have not eric or dylan

forgive my bad english

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syrg7...eature=related

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by elaale View Post
    i found this videoto a service on italian television. if you look at minute 1:00 you can see, or at least seem to see me, two guys shoot out the window...but neither seems to me dylan or eric.one seems to be wearing a white hat, and in any other shot i saw the eric or dylan wearing a white hat like this. what do you think? in my opinion have not eric or dylan

forgive my bad english

Well theres someone in the window but I can't tell who.

wordsoncewritten Guest
    I can't explain why, but there's something about the Columbine case that just draws me in – I've been borderline obsessed with it ever since it happened and my mum thinks I'm crazy.

I can't hate Eric and Dylan even if I try, I kind of feel bad for them to a certain extent – but not nearly as bad as I feel for their families. I can understand how they snapped – you can only push people so far before they explode - granted, most people eventually just learn to stand up for themselves and hit the bully back, but everyone is different and these guys were obviously two very disturbed kids (kids – they'd be older than I am if they were still alive), it wasn't just some spur of the moment thing, it was all planned out. Now, I'm not some stupid little fan girl who thinks they were perfect little angels because they obviously weren't, and in no way whatsoever am I condoning what they did because there's just no excuse for killing 13 people and I can't imagine being in a situation where someone was shooting at me – it must have been terrifying for them.

I just, I don't know. I believe that had someone stepped in sooner, none of it would have happened. In my opinion, the police had countless opportunities to stop this – how many time did the Brown's report Eric to the police for threatening them? And I know, I KNOW they couldn't have possibly had any idea what Eric and Dylan had planned, but still. They should have checked it out an maybe what happened could have been prevented and 15 lives could have been saved. Again, I'm not blaming the police for it either. I just think that had Eric and/or Dylan got the help they so obviously needed then things would be a whole lot different. I also agree with what a lot of people have already posted – I think Dylan just went along with it, he wasn't as "into it" as Eric was, he was most definitely the ringleader in the whole thing.

And I'm one of those annoying conspiracy-theorists who will forever and always believe that there was AT LEAST a third shooter. There may not be much to back that theory up, but it's just what I believe.

…Urgh reading all of that back makes me sound like some crazy-obsessed fan of theirs and that is NOT the case. I know what they did was wrong and I know they killed 13 innocent people, but I guess in way I can kind of identify with them. And now that just makes me sound like a psycho :/ Urgh, right, that's enough, I'm digging a bigger hole for myself!

Wait is this footage from the library?? I didn't know this existed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPzWS...eature=related
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

The date on the footage itself leads me to believe that it might be from "Elephant," but I am not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    The date on the footage itself leads me to believe that it might be from "Elephant," but I am not sure.

I totally missed that.. this must be from that Documentary. My bad... Ok the extra blood wasn't needed.. there wasn't that much blood when this happened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Elephant was a terrible movie, in my opinion. It played fast and loose with the facts, which was okay because it was "inspired" by Columbine, but I couldn't get past the filming errors. At one point, a student is shot from the back through the chest, but when they drag his body away later, there is no blood on or under him. Just one example, but there were so many. It seemed to be a quick cash in rather than a film with something to say about why it happened.

Has anyone read The Hour I first Believed by Wally Lamb, it's a good fiction based on the Columbine shootings and the aftermath.

Quote Originally Posted by elaale View Post

forgive my bad english

This is actually from Zero Day .

motherogod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pksgigi View Post
    Has anyone read The Hour I first Believed by Wally Lamb, it's a good fiction based on the Columbine shootings and the aftermath.
    Oh, yes, Wally Lamb is one of my favorite authors! I really enjoyed the book but haven't eaten cheese nips (cheezits?) since.

michellezearing Guest
    I will have to check that book out.

Quote Originally Posted by michellezearing View Post
    I will have to check that book out.
    Yes, me too! I will even risk the aforementioned Cheeze It issue! I love those things!

It is really good I don't remember the Cheeze It thing in the book will have to go back and read it again.

Cheezits?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seagorath Guest
    Where are these two shitholes buried? Or was it a "coward" funeral with ashes?

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Where are these two shitholes buried? Or was it a "coward" funeral with ashes?
    Both were cremated and no one besides the families knows what happened to their ashes as far as I know.

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Cheezits?
    They're kind of salty and nasty, but sometimes that's exactly what a person wants LOL.