Thread: New Delhi Deputy Mayor S.S. Bajwa

New Delhi Deputy Mayor S.S. Bajwa

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071021/..._monkey_attack

Actually, I was deeply disappointed to realized that this poor man, who bought it in India, died from head injuries related to the fall _after_ he was attacked by monkeys, but still, what a way to go! I was kind of hoping they'd actually killed him. I'm so, so sick.

magblax Guest
    Monkeys are really mean! Check out this article from a while back. I didn't know they had a refuge for insane chimps in Bakersfield, Ca till I heard this.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7087194/

poor guy lost his face and his _____ in the attack.

Here's an update on how he's doing...
    http://www.knbc.com/news/4398980/detail.html

Eeesh.

Yes, I remember early on in some biology class being told you have way better chances against a vegetarian gorilla, as much as they outweigh you and can be dangerous cornered, than against a "cute" little monkey!

Gah.

Amy

RoRo Guest
    I've seen on Nature how monkeys in India have run of the town..I couldn't live with them around like that

Scarsguardianstalkr Guest
    i was watching animal planets the other day and was shocked to see clips of chimps attacking smaller monkeys i didnt realise they could be so violent they even attack each others babies and kill them

PvN73 Guest
    I've always hated monkeys, they give me the creeps - they look so evil. Probably due to watching the Wizard of Oz....

firegilnotguns Guest
    Oh my husband told me about this the other day- holy crap!

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    I've always hated monkeys, they give me the creeps - they look so evil. Probably due to watching the Wizard of Oz....
    PvN73, every single time I read one of your posts, I get "I am evil Hom-ER, I am evil Hom-ER!" stuck in my head!

I play golf in Malaysia every other weekend and the monkeys on the course are unbelievable. They go to your cart looking for things to eat and drink, they even unzip the pockets of the golf bag. If you run at them with a club to shoo them off they strike a defensive pose and seriously look like they will attack. If you get bitten by one you will get every disease known to man plus a few more.

Not all monkeys are 'cute'.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I play golf in Malaysia every other weekend and the monkeys on the course are unbelievable. They go to your cart looking for things to eat and drink, they even unzip the pockets of the golf bag. If you run at them with a club to shoo them off they strike a defensive pose and seriously look like they will attack. If you get bitten by one you will get every disease known to man plus a few more.

Not all monkeys are 'cute'.
    i know those monkeys ive seen them i lived in malaysia when i was about 8 while my dad was working on a golf course the and they are evil those monkeys dont even look cute

MorbidMolly Guest
    ....monkey`s are ALWAYS evil

I agree with you all, thus the use of quotes on the "cute". Personally, monkeys give me the willies, but I always see people at the zoo right up against the mesh going "awww". If there was ever a moment I was begging one of the animals to get out, that's the one! Tear your face off and see if they're cute now, eh buddy?

Cheers,
    Amy

ComputerGuy Guest
    Chimps are the worst. Very unstable. I also spent some time in Africa and teh Spider Monkeys and Brown Tails were very courious and would steal stuff from us.

Don't get them DRUNK!!

The Gorillas take very agressive action if you look them in the eyes. The MWimbi Impenitrable Forest (Uganda/Rwanda) area has the mountain gorillas

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    theres a thing on www.msn.com this morning talking about fighting off monkeys!! damn things are going crazy huh??

seen a lady at the local flea market with one on a leash and wearing a diaper and a baby bonnet. those things look to much like folks to be playing with!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirttrackdemon3 View Post
    theres a thing on www.msn.com this morning talking about fighting off monkeys!! damn things are going crazy huh??

seen a lady at the local flea market with one on a leash and wearing a diaper and a baby bonnet. those things look to much like folks to be playing with!!
    I think they've finally lost their patience with us!

That lady needs a reality check. Even "tame" animals are dangerous- and frankly should be treated with a little respect.

watch out monkeys have finally realised theyre smarter then most humans and theyre gonna take over the world theyre plotting as we speak

well it could happen its more believeable then dolphins

don't_axe_me Guest
    Read yesterday about monkeys in Kenya that make obscene gestures at women!

Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    I agree with you all, thus the use of quotes on the "cute". Personally, monkeys give me the willies, but I always see people at the zoo right up against the mesh going "awww". If there was ever a moment I was begging one of the animals to get out, that's the one! Tear your face off and see if they're cute now, eh buddy?

Cheers,
    Amy
    The zoo gives me the willies, period. I don't understand the fascination.

tarsier Guest
    Never liked them. Note: although often wrongfully referred to as the world's smallest monkeys tarsiers fall under the family prosimian and are more closely related to lemurs than monkeys (today's boilogy lesson is over)