Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ann and Nancy Wilson

Ann and Nancy Wilson

Listening to "Essential Heart" and realized I have never seen a thread on them (and I did do a search). Heart and especially Ann, is hubby and I's favorite band. We see them every year when they come home to Seattle.

Any fans out there?
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Forever-27 Guest
    Back in the 70s I used to be big into Heart. But every since maybe 1985 the sisters music is real weak. Magazine and Dreamboat Annie are awsome

Guest Guest
    Heck yeah...... Magic Man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYjgh-znxB4

my mom was always playing this song (about my dad)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit View Post
    Heck yeah...... Magic Man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYjgh-znxB4

my mom was always playing this song (about my dad)
    LOl...yep! I have someone waaaay back when that I always think of when I play this song!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Snoopy Guest
    Love Heart! Oooh Barra..Barracuda!!

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    I was just looking up Ann Wilson yesterday and saw she had the lap band surgery...she looks AWESOME!!!
    I loved them...but I have been in an 80's music mood this weekend...I watched an REO Spedwagon concert on tv yesterday..and been listening to them ever since...
    Damn I am really open to the power of suggestion....

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    LOl...yep! I have someone waaaay back when that I always think of when I play this song!

I just this song is awesome and it's nice thinking of my mom and dad together in a civil way at one time

Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel13 View Post
    I was just looking up Ann Wilson yesterday and saw she had the lap band surgery...she looks AWESOME!!!
    I loved them...but I have been in an 80's music mood this weekend...I watched an REO Spedwagon concert on tv yesterday..and been listening to them ever since...
    Damn I am really open to the power of suggestion....
    She has gained a little back since they placed the band but she still has lost a lot of weight! I have always thought she was so beautiful as is Nancy, but Ann just has a style about her.

For those of you who don't know...Ann released her first solo album called "Hope and Glory" last sepetember. She does many duets with people like Rufus Wainwright, KD Lang, Allison Krauss...etc. It is awesome. One of the songs that she wrote makes me cry.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Luffy66 Guest
    I will see them next month, along with Journey, and Cheap Trick. I will give a full review then.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy66 View Post
    I will see them next month, along with Journey, and Cheap Trick. I will give a full review then.
    We are seeing that too next month. I cannot wait!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

I love Heart too. Mainly their old stuff before 1983. My all-time favorite songs of theirs "Straight On" and "Bebe Le Strange".

I also like when they do cover versions of Led Zep songs.

Their "other" band "The Lovemongers" put out some good stuff too.

Ann did a Zep song on her solo album, "The Immigrant Song". I hate to say it, it was the ONLY good song on that album!

I remember when VH-1 did a "Behind the Music" on Heart a few years back. Sadly, they mostly focused on Ann's weight than their music.
    Last edited by Aries65; 07-07-2008 at 09:59 AM.

Sodapop Guest
    I love Heart. My two favorite songs are "Dog and Butterfly" (that is the name, right?) and "Barracuda".

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I love Heart too. Mainly their old stuff before 1983. My all-time favorite songs of theirs "Straight On" and "Bebe Le Strange".

I also like when they do cover versions of Led Zep songs.

Their "other" band "The Lovemongers" put out some good stuff too.

Ann did a Zep song on her solo album, "The Immigrant Song". I hate to say it, it was the ONLY good song on that album!

I remember when VH-1 did a "Behind the Music" on Heart a few years back. Sadly, they mostly focused on Ann's weight than their music.
    My favorite Led Zepp cover they do is "Misty Mountain Hop"

I forgot to add the Lovemongers! I love "Ring them bells"
    Wanna see my grandkids?

endsleigh03 Guest
    It's good they are still around and playing.

rickenbacker Guest
    I have a thing for "full-figured" gals. Growing up, I always lusted after both Wilson sisters, and eventually...just Ann!

Forever-27 Guest
    Actually I met the wilson sisters way back when. I went into detail about eating dinner about 2 and a half tables away from ann and nancy on the Celebs Youve Met thread ..... great people

heres my post from The Nicest and meanest Celebs youve met thread. I loved talking to these women.

When I had met the Wilson sisters Ann and nancy from Heart it was compeletly off guard. My and my wife at the time loved cats and I still do. I have 2 cats and love them both. She and I had gone to this dinner for ARF ( Animal rescue Foundation ) that Tony LaRussa of well back then the Oakland A's baseball team , since now hes jumped ship and joined St Louis. Well me and the wife had decided to go to this charity dinner and I paid like 150 dollars a plate to listen to a few no-name people speak about the charitys work to help stray and unwanted cats and dogs. Anyways we got there and were being seated , just as the food was being served I happened to just take a quick glance to see how many people had shown up. Just 2 tables behind my wife sat the two women along with lots of people i didnt know. But I wasnt sure it was actually them so I motioned to my wife to slowly look behind her 2 tables back. She just shrugged it off and told me not to be rude by staring. I wasnt staring sheehs but I was still curious. So I told her I was going to go ask, she asked me to not cause a scene but I had already gotton up and started walking over to their table. " Pardon me, forgive me for bothering you while your having dinner but my wife over there and I had this odd discussion about your girls looking strikingly familiar to Ann and Nancy Wilson of the band Heart " ... Ann replied thats because We are ann and nancy wilson of Heart. My jaw dropped. They laughed but my heart was racing. I friggin knew it ! But all I had was a pen, a normal pen, so I asked them both to sign a napkin or something for me, but since these were the napkins you wash and reuse Nancy asked me for my Tux coat , so I took off my coat and she singed the inner pocket lining. Then laughing passed it to Ann and she singed it below Nancys trademark NANCY with her Heart logo. The heart with the arrow going through it. I thanked them and went back to finish dinner. The girls and I didnt speak again. I never returned the jacket from the tux set. I ended up eating 800 bucks on the incomplete tuxedo set but It was well worth it to me. I still have the jacket packed away somewhere. Heart is one of my favorite bands and the sisters are excellent people.
    Last edited by Forever-27; 07-07-2008 at 11:20 AM.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Heart, for me, blew most male bands out of the water with their older tunes......didn`t care much for the later stuff, and what I consider " bubble gum pop "...........ZZ Top did this, and so did REO........and personally, I think Ann blows Nancy out of the water looks wise, I don`t care how heavy she got.......but lil ole Nancy can smoke ass on a guitar.......

Adiposeur Guest
    I love them! I have all of their music. In fact, I have one of their CD's playing right now. Barracuda is my ring tone.

RoRo Guest
    I like em but if ya come here about all you here is Barracuda and after awhile one gets sick of it lol

xenaswolf Guest
    If you haven't heard it yet, you MUST MUST MUST listen to Ann's solo album Hope and Glory. My God in Heaven! That is the best thing I've heard in years. It is all covers except one called Little Problems, Little lies that Ann wrote.

She has Elton John, kd lang, Wynona, Allison Krauss, and many others joining her.

My two faves are Goodbye Blue Sky and the Immigrant Song.

Thanks for this thread!

Morbid1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodapop View Post
    I love Heart. My two favorite songs are "Dog and Butterfly" (that is the name, right?) and "Barracuda".

Heart's best song ever!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jzlg6B0WiUo

-Morbid1

Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    If you haven't heard it yet, you MUST MUST MUST listen to Ann's solo album Hope and Glory. My God in Heaven! That is the best thing I've heard in years. It is all covers except one called Little Problems, Little lies that Ann wrote.

She has Elton John, kd lang, Wynona, Allison Krauss, and many others joining her.

Thanks for this thread!
    I totally love her solo album too. Little problems, little lies is the one that makes me want to cry. Especially the chorus. The other song I really like is Where to now St Peter?.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

xenaswolf Guest
    I like her and Gretchen Wilson on Bad Moon Rising sounds like they had a hoot recording it.

Listening to "Essential Heart" and realized I have never seen a thread on them (and I did do a search). Heart and especially Ann, is hubby and I's favorite band. We see them every year when they come home to Seattle.

Any fans out there?
    When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up and be just like Ann Wilson. Her voice is AMAZING!!!! I was completely pissed off when the record company said she was too fat to tour.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Heart kicked ass in the 70s and 80s. Loved them.

Yay, I definitely like Heart. Who loves 70-80's era music and doesn't like at least a couple of their songs? Good stuff.
    â??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.â? - Michael Jackson

Tyler77 Guest
    OK, I'll be devils advocate--what's wrong with "Alone", "Never", "These Dreams". I remember back in the mid 80's it was nothing but a resurgence of bands like Heart, Starship, and Chicago. I thought these songs from their 80's albums were wonderful...or did they sell out???

My husband loves Heart- we've seen them in concert a few times.

Love Ann's voice- I wish I could sing like that.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Forever-27 Guest
    No, ive always liked the older music. I Got the Music in Me, Crazy on You, Dreamboat Annie, Mother earth Blues/ You Shook me Babe. Ive always hoped the rock n roll Hall would accept Heart in but for some reason The pretenders and REM seem better some for reason. Its mind boggling who they induct

Did anyone watch when they were featured in Vh1's Rock Honors? I was really happy to see that they were the first females to be honored!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

She has gained a little back since they placed the band but she still has lost a lot of weight! I have always thought she was so beautiful as is Nancy, but Ann just has a style about her.
    See, I on the other hand think that they look like two members of WICCA.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    See, I on the other hand think that they look like two members of WICCA.
    And I on the other hand always wondered if Ann was a member of the Sappho Squad!

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Don't forget, Cameron Crowe is married to Nancy. Father of twins Williams James Crowe and Curtis Wilson Crowe born in 2000.

Ann also adopted a few kids a few years back...

Were Nancy's twins natural, adopted or a surrogate? Anyone know?

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Ann also adopted a few kids a few years back...

Were Nancy's twins natural, adopted or a surrogate? Anyone know?
    Wilson married Rolling Stone writer Cameron Crowe in 1986, and gave birth to twin boys in 2000 - at the age of 46.

Seems it was Au natural.......

Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post

Thanks for this thread!

Okay, I love Heart. I love "These Dreams", "Alone", "Never", and all of their old stuff. So, when I read on here that Ann released a solo album, I had to DL it. It's good. Not typical "Heart", but still good. It's folksy, a little country but with Ann's powerful voice. I think she tamed it wayyy down, though. The duets are good. I think her album sounds a bit like Melissa Etheridge's "Skin", which I LOVE!!! So, a couple of more listens and I'm sure I'll be hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    Wilson married Rolling Stone writer Cameron Crowe in 1986, and gave birth to twin boys in 2000 - at the age of 46.

Seems it was Au natural.......

It was- we saw Heart in concert- it was just Ann singing because Nancy was home pregnant and didn't travel.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Fancynancy Guest

Cameron Crowe and Nancy Wilson

Heart's gorgeous "whiz fingers," and my favorite director divorcing after 24 years. They really seemed like a tight couple, maybe because they kind of kept their private lives provate. Ann and Nancy Wilson once said that the break up of their relationships with the Fishers from Heart embarassed them into shutting up about their love lives. A shame to think that even after that long, it's so difficult to stay married.

78 Cobra II Fan Guest
    I have been in love with Ann since I was 8, I had a photo of her from Circus mag. glued in my notebook in the 4th grade she was one of my first loves in 1978-79. Love ya Ann

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    It was- we saw Heart in concert- it was just Ann singing because Nancy was home pregnant and didn't travel.

i think it was via surrogate.

Has anyone listened to Red Velvet Car? What are your opinions? I don't care for it because it doesn't sound like Heart to me.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Fancynancy Guest
    Has anyone listened to Red Velvet Car? What are your opinions? I don't care for it because it doesn't sound like Heart to me.

It doesn't sound much like Heart to me, either,but I like it a lot better than Jupiter's Darling. WTF and Hey You are favorites of mine from RVC.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancynancy View Post
    It doesn't sound much like Heart to me, either,but I like it a lot better than Jupiter's Darling. WTF and Hey You are favorites of mine from RVC.
    If I had to choose a song from RVC it would be WTF too. The only song that I like on Jupiters Darling is The Perfect Goodbye.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Fancynancy Guest
    If I had to choose a song from RVC it would be WTF too. The only song that I like on Jupiters Darling is The Perfect Goodbye.

Hey You makes me kind of sad, knowing it was written about Cameron Crowe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancynancy View Post
    Hey You makes me kind of sad, knowing it was written about Cameron Crowe.
    I didn't know that it was written about him. I'm going to have to listen again.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

jaylene Guest
    Didn't really care for RVC but I do like Hey you. I didn't know who it
    was written by either. Thanks for the info.

I grew up listening to Heart's music. So when I turned 13, Heart came to town during their Bad Animals tour. It was my first concert, which happened to be on my birthday, and was also one of my most memorable times ever. Ann and Nancy rocked the house! I remember going to school very happy and proud to be wearing my new concert tee the next day. Ann's voice is amazing. I always have been and will be a Heart fan.

Tyler77 Guest
    No one likes Heart's mid-80's stuff? Now I grew up on that stuff.....

We can't go oooooon just runnin' away
    If we wait any longer we will surely never get away
    Oh ohh anything you want we can make it happen
    Stand up and turn around, never let them shoot us down
    Never Neverrrrrrrrrrr Never run away

I'll admit my parents said that although they did have have a resurgence in the mid 80's, their music was mostly throw away pop crap.

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler77 View Post
    No one likes Heart's mid-80's stuff? Now I grew up on that stuff.....

We can't go oooooon just runnin' away
    If we wait any longer we will surely never get away
    Oh ohh anything you want we can make it happen
    Stand up and turn around, never let them shoot us down
    Never Neverrrrrrrrrrr Never run away

I'll admit my parents said that although they did have have a resurgence in the mid 80's, their music was mostly throw away pop crap.
    I love 80's Heart, that was when I started getting into them with the big hair and Nancy playing the hell out of that guitar. Sometimes I stop in my tracks and marvel at the beauty of Ann's voice. But I disagree with it being throw away crap, some of it was quite good.

Their "Bebe Le Strange" album is my favorite. I like Heart from the 70's and early 80's - that's about it for me.