Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh

BooMom Guest
    ^^^
    Giada, you read my mind

Racist Rush Limbaugh Quotes

1. I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.
    Slavery was not a good thing for the millions of African Americans who were enslaved, raped and beaten. The streets weren’t at all safe for African Americans. Slavery not a bad thing? Someone should put Rush on a plantation for him to see how great it is. Keep on fear and race mongering Rush, you might get to Goebels status.

2. You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.
    Martin Luther King is a national hero, not a black hero. Everybody in the United States celebrates his birthday, children are taught to look up to him as a hero in school. He’s earned the respect and admiration of the world and you believe the man who killed him was a hero? This is beyond racist. This is evil, mean spirited, subhuman. Praising the assassin of one of our great American heroes is beyond the scope of regular racism.

3. Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?
    No but I’ve noticed that all racist bigots think like Rush Limbaugh. Comparing a respected black politician and minister to common criminals is Jim Crow racism. Maybe all black people look alike to him, but I’ve never seen a picture of a wanted criminal that looks like Jesse Jackson. A serial killer that looks like Rush Limbaugh on the other hand.

Noreen Guest
    What about his saying that feminism was started by unattractive women?

He's a joke, a big fat bloviating joke, but the joke is on his listeners who think Rush has any other concerns other than himself.

And yep, Jefe, he does look like Gacy!

IrishBabe Guest
    I thought we were supposed to attribute things we copied off the internet?

http://newsone.blackplanet.com/elect...mbaugh-quotes/

And by the way, I cannot find sources for any of those quotes. I'll tell you what, I'll be happy to debate those quotes when you provide me with proof that they were ever said by Rush.

Thanks.

melmoney Guest
    For those of you who hate Rush, how often do you listen to him? Honestly.

The regular Rush listeners will tell you that it takes months of listening to him to understand his humor and sarcasm. Much of what he says is hyperbole. It's just funny to get on here and see comments from the haters wishing him death when they only read pieces of a quote (mostly taken out of context) on the internet and declare him a racist, bigot, pill-popping loser.

LadyCurry Guest
    Great post mel! It is so true...I always, no matter who they are, look at the entire context of the quote I am reading before passing judgment! He is full of sarcasm that people just won't take the time to understand!

It is amazing what one man can do to people- you know, since he is a racist, ignorant, arrogant puffhead! He sure does know how to ignite people!

TheMysterian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoney View Post

The regular Rush listeners will tell you that it takes months of listening to him to understand his humor and sarcasm. Much of what he says is hyperbole. It's just funny to get on here and see comments from the haters wishing him death when they only read pieces of a quote (mostly taken out of context) on the internet and declare him a racist, bigot, pill-popping loser.
    I agree Mel! I've listened to him for over twenty years,and as you say it takes time to get his humor,I also think the quotes attributed to him are false!

I don't think this is anything new.
    I watched a show about comedians and there were people like Lenny Bruce being arrested for speaking their minds.

There are people with no sense of humer when they hear a comment.
    There are also people whose idea of compromise is having things their own way.
    I don't what people want.
    Censorship?
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

pattykad Guest
    I know this is the Limbaugh thread, but I am going to respond about the
    recount that was mentioned regarding Franken/Coleman.

Minnesota did, as required by Minnesota Law have a recount which
    certified Franken as the winner.

The Florida recount was stopped by the Supreme Court.

There is nothing "goofy" going on. Anyone across the country can
    watch every second of the recount and court case on
    www.theuptake.org. Every ballot that was in question could be
    viewed by all.

So far, Coleman has not presented much evidence. In fact, if you
    follow like WE DO HERE EVERYDAY, you will know that a)one of Coleman's
    star witnesse testified that he had his girlfriend fill out his ballot (oops!)
    and b) a ballot judge admitted twice to improper conversations with
    Coleman's lawyers (oops again)

No election anywhere is perfect. But do not compare Minnesota to
    Florida. And again, anyone who wants to watch the process can
    and is invited to do so.

Taggerez Guest
    You expect honesty from THAT crowd?

They hate him because he dosen't think like they wish him to.

Shano Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiLVTzljOjA

So Limbaugh (in his own words) believes that the African American community with the help of Obama and others has a conspiracy against America.... and that they have had this conspiracy for two generations at least... ummm kkk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXFAOK08NL4

Ahhh, that is where the "Drink the cool-aid" came from... Rush. Nice. I am sure the Jonestown survivors appreciate hearing that all of the time. So Rush thinks that we are "cult" like looking up to President Obama. I do not look to President Obama to be my God. I do not know anyone who does. If we did then we would be in a cult. So Republicans like Rush say that we are un-American if we don't stand by our President, BUT WHEN WE DO we are a cult. ??????????

So in the above clip (#2) now according to Rush we are up to 2 Trillion dollars in stimulus pay outs under President Obama.... hummm last time I checked under President Obama the amount of the stimulus he, the House and Congress approved was $787 billion. NOT 2 Trillion.

Bush = $168 billion in Feb. 2008, $17.4 billion for the auto industry in December, which was taken out of the $700 billion bank bailout money. Where is Rush getting his information? Why didn't Rush scream and cry when Bush spent billions on the country too?? Why is it that Bush's billions didn't turn in to TRILLIONS??

Rush is obsessed with race, he is obsessed with liberals and Democrats, and he is obsessed with brainwashing people into thinking that President Obama should fail at everything. Sounds like a great American.

melmoney Guest
    Rush did scream and cry about Bush's proposed spending. You see, the common misconception about Rush is that he's pro-Republican. But that's not the truth. Rush blasts the Republicans all the time. He cannot stand John McCain. You should have heard him last year when McCain clinched the Republican nomination.

Again, unless you listen to him daily, it's hard to accurately understand Rush. As I said earlier, Rush uses extreme hyperbole and sarcasm - which cannot be understood by the casual listener.

Nicki Guest
    Here is Rush's Bio:

Biography for
    Rush Limbaugh

Date of Birth

12 January 1951, Cape Girardeau, Missouri, USA

Birth Name

Rush Hudson Limbaugh III

Nickname

El Rushbo
    Rusty
    Maha Rushie
    America's Anchorman
    The Rusher
    The Pigman

Height

5' 11" (1.80 m)

Spouse

Marta Fitzgerald(27 May 1994 - 21 December 2004) (divorced)
    Michelle Sixta(19 December 1982 - 1990) (divorced)
    Roxy Maxine McNeely(24 September 1977 - 10 July 1980) (divorced)
    Trivia

Rusty Sharpe and Jeff Christy were 2 of Rush Limbaugh's early disc jockey names.
    Born at 6:50am-CST.
    The anti-union "Rush Act" in the "Babylon 5" (1994) episode "By Any Means Necessary" (1994) is named after him.
    Grandfather Rush H. Limbaugh, Sr. died at age 103. Was the oldest practicing attorney in the USA at the time of his death.
    Started his post-Royals radio work at KMBZ radio in Kansas City.
    His show started in Sacramento, CA.
    Worked for the Kansas City Royals.
    Once forgot to bring out ball for first ball ceremony prior to a Kansas City Royals game. Asked for a ball and dozens of baseballs went hurling in his general direction.
    Has negatively referred to Louis Farrakhan as "Calypso Louie" because Farrakhan once had a career as a musician.
    Signed a contract extension with Premiere Radio Networks reportedly worth $365 million, making him the highest-paid radio personality in history. The contract kept him on the air through 2009. [July 2001]
    Revealed to his radio listeners and the world that for mysterious reasons, he is now almost completely deaf. [8 October 2001]
    Had a cochlear implant put into his left ear and now has regained a fraction normal hearing in that ear. However, that hearing is not normal and without the cochlear implant, Limbaugh remains entirely deaf. He has a transcriber for callers and to do interviews. [January 2002]
    Rush Limbaugh was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1993.
    Turned down an offer from Pat Buchanan to be his running mate during the 1992 Presidential campaign.
    Was considered for the then-vacant color analyst position on ABC's "NFL Monday Night Football" (1970) that went to Dennis Miller.
    Family refers to him as "Rusty."
    Revealed to his listeners on October 10, 2003 that he has been addicted to prescription pain medication for many years, following spinal surgery. Entered an intensive in-patient treatment program and was away from his radio show for five weeks. Is now continuing his treatment as a recovering addict, and has returned to his radio program.
    After he returned to his radio show after five weeks in rehab he has consistantly had between 35 and 40 million listeners - twice what he normally has
    He is the #1 nationally syndicated radio talk show host in America.
    Announces that he and his third wife of ten years, the former Marta Fitzgerald, are seeking a divorce for personal reasons. [June 11, 2004]
    Shares a birthday with Howard Stern.
    Brother of columnist David Limbaugh.
    Raised a record $1.7 million-plus for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of America in his annual Cure-a-Thon, in addition to his personal donation of a quarter of a million dollars.
    Nominated in 2007 for the Nobel Peace Prize.
    In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated his earnings for the year at $33 million.
    His mother, Millie (Armstrong) Limbaugh, was considered the "first lady" of their hometown, Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Millie passed away March 3, 2000. After her death it was revealed that Rush had temporarily moved back to Cape Girardeau to take care of his mother. He broadcast his radio show from her kitchen and had all callers forwarded to a local phone line without any delay.

Personal Quotes

Half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair.
    Talent on loan from GOD.
    Sorry to say this, I don't think he [black pro football quarterback Donovan McNabb] has been that good from the get-go. I think what we've had here is a little social concern in NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well, black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve . . . [Amid the ensuing controversy, Limbaugh resigned his position as the "voice of the fan" commentator and ESPN accepted]
    Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.
    [on "free trade"] If we are going to start rewarding no skills and stupid people, let the unskilled jobs, let the kind of jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do, let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work.
    [on the US role in post-war Iraq] Our armed forces shouldn't be over there. They're good at killing people and blowing things up, not peace-keeping.
    The difference between Los Angeles and yogurt is that yogurt comes with less fruit.
    One thing I want to do before I die is to conduct the Homeless Olympics. Events would include the ten-meter Shopping Cart Relay, the Dumpster Dig and the Hop, Skip & Trip.
    If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is with representation.
    Many people have said I need to be balanced with equal time. Wrong . . . I AM equal time.
    Rush Limbaugh, your host, having more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.
    There are more American Indians alive today than there were when Columbus arrived or at any other time in history. Does this sound like a record of genocide? [according to US Census Bureau estimates, there were approx. 15 million Indians in America when Columbus arrived. There are approx. 2 million in America as of 1996]
    I love the women's movement. Especially when I am walking behind it.
    Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?
    I'm appalled at people who simply want to look at all this abhorrent behavior and say, "Hey, you know, we can't control it anymore. People are going to do drugs anyway. Let's legalize it." It's a dumb idea. It's a rotten idea, and those who are for it are purely, 100 percent selfish.
    When you strip it all away, Jerry Garcia destroyed his life on drugs. And yet he's being honored, like some godlike figure. Our priorities are out of whack, folks.
    These tough sentencing laws were instituted for a reason. The American people, including liberals, demanded them. Don't you remember the crack cocaine epidemic? Crack babies and out-of-control murder rates? Liberal judges giving the bad guys slaps on the wrist? Finally we got tough, and the crime rate has been falling ever since, so what's wrong?
    There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods, which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.
    There are more acres of forestland in America today than when Columbus discovered the continent in 1492.
    Victory is victory, and it's not determined by a timetable. World War II did not go by as quickly as you think.

Where Are They Now

(October 2001) Has gone completely deaf but is continuing to do his radio show anyway.
    (December 2003) In October, Rush admitted to his listeners that he was addicted to prescription painkillers given to him after a failed back surgery. He also told his audience that he would check himself in to drug rehabilitation for 30 days.
    Last edited by Nicki; 03-05-2009 at 06:27 PM.

RUsh is number 1

Rush Limbaugh tops talk radio rankings again

6:08 pm February 26, 2009, by Rodney Ho

Rush Limbaugh, not surprisingly, is the most influential talk show host in America for the third year in a row, according to Talkers magazine.
    Given how often he gets quoted by politicians and media, Limbaugh remains the Man. He has been for two decades and still draws more than 14 million listeners a week.

The purely subjective criteria: courage, effort, impact, longevity, potential, ratings, recognition, revenue, service, talent and uniqueness.

Sean Hannity is No. 2 again.

Michael Savage holds at No. 3.

No. 4 is :Dr. Laura Schlessinger.

This is a quote from Bill Cosby,
    I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

TallulahDahling Guest
    Ditto, dahling

Quote Originally Posted by BooMom View Post
    ^^^
    Giada, you read my mind

LadyCurry Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    Rush Limbaugh tops talk radio rankings again

6:08 pm February 26, 2009, by Rodney Ho

Rush Limbaugh, not surprisingly, is the most influential talk show host in America for the third year in a row, according to Talkers magazine.
    Given how often he gets quoted by politicians and media, Limbaugh remains the Man. He has been for two decades and still draws more than 14 million listeners a week.

The purely subjective criteria: courage, effort, impact, longevity, potential, ratings, recognition, revenue, service, talent and uniqueness.

Sean Hannity is No. 2 again.

Michael Savage holds at No. 3.

No. 4 is :Dr. Laura Schlessinger.

This is a quote from Bill Cosby,
    I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

There you have it. No matter what anyone thinks about Rush- he is the best at what he does. The top four, according to this source is very telling...the majority of people that actually listen to AM, are NOT complaining that there aren't any liberals on there....LOL. We get enough of the liberal POV everywhere else we go! I do mean everywhere!

??If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.?

Martin Luther King Jr.

Shano Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCurry View Post

??If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.?

Martin Luther King Jr.
    Wow quoting Martin Luther King Jr. on the Rush thread just seems wrong. Especially when Rush said.....

http://newsone.blackplanet.com/elect...mbaugh-quotes/

http://books.barnesandnoble.com/sear...Up+America&r=1

"You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed. "

But then again it probably was just his silly sarcastic humor again. Good ole' Rush. He is just too funny. Hilarious even. Since I only listen to his show 3 times a week I would never really get it. What am I thinking. Silly sarcastic Rush and his hyperbole's that my liberal brain just doesn't get.

LadyCurry Guest
    You know what? I was referring to the fact that there are MILLIONS of people that listen to Rush. He has worked hard to get where he is! Hard work is how he got there....along with the other radio hosts. It is nice to see that there are MILLIONS of people out there that are looking for something different than what we hear EVERYWHERE!
    Now I am not being sarcastic, mean or hateful when I ask this....If you dislike him so much...why do you listen THREE times a week...all you are doing is feeding his bank account. SEE, I have no choice but to get the other side- no matter where I go! I can't even send my children to school without the liberal POV crammed down their throats! So...I don't get why????!

As far as the quote by MLK- I like that quote- no matter who you are- be productive and do your job well. Thanks for the implications. I got what your meaning. Truly appreciated!

LadyCurry Guest
    “Never argue with a fool. A listener won’t be able to tell the difference between you and he.”

Here is a Rush Limbaugh Quote.

melmoney Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shano View Post

"You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed. "
    That quote is fabricated. This quote surfaced on a political blog in September 2005 and was referenced to being in the transcript of the Rush Limbaugh show on 4/23/98. The blogger's source was cited as being Wikipedia, which we all know that anybody can edit the entries as fact. If you do a little research on the net, the quote only shows up after the 2005 blog post. The book you mentioned above was published in 2006. It does seem inconceivable that this quote supposedly made by Rush in 1998 never got any attention until the blog post in 2005.
    Last edited by melmoney; 03-06-2009 at 08:32 AM.

Shano Guest
    See post #168 for why I listen to him so much.

I don't know if he has worked hard. I think that he does have the "shock jock" act down though. But just because you have many listeners does not mean you are right or a good person. Who knows how many people are tuning in to hear what he will say next just because of his outrageous history.

As far as you can't go anywhere with out us liberals weighing in, isn't that no matter what side you are on? I feel like everywhere I go Conservatives are on the full attack about our President, the way I live, the things that I believe in. So it is both sides of the coin that can't get away from each other. As far as your kids go, send them to a private school. With private schools you can pick which one fits your beliefs.

I was not implying anything about the MLK quote or you quoting him, except that it just didn't seem to fit here on the thread for Rush Limbaugh who is a racist, sexist pig. I was not implying anything about you at all.

LadyCurry Guest
    "During a conversation with an Indian-American political activist, Biden said: "In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian-Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking."

Quoted by Your VP- Joe Biden.

I can quote without context too!

Shano Guest
    Ok. I will buy that some quotes may not be true. And proves he is not a racist? You can't make excuses for him every time someone quotes him when the man makes if painfully obvious what he is.

Shano Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCurry View Post
    "During a conversation with an Indian-American political activist, Biden said: "In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian-Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I??m not joking."

Quoted by Your VP- Joe Biden.

I can quote without context too!

Ahh but this is not the Joe Biden thread. And he is our VP no matter who you voted for.

LadyCurry Guest
    See post #168 for why I listen to him so much.

As far as you can't go anywhere with out us liberals weighing in, isn't that no matter what side you are on? I feel like everywhere I go Conservatives are on the full attack about our President, the way I live, the things that I believe in. So it is both sides of the coin that can't get away from each other. As far as your kids go, send them to a private school. With private schools you can pick which one fits your beliefs.

I was not implying anything about the MLK quote or you quoting him, except that it just didn't seem to fit here on the thread for Rush Limbaugh who is a racist, sexist pig. I was not implying anything about you at all.
    FYI~ My children are being pulled out of public school at the end of this year! I can't wait! There is no reason for them to be learning some of the crud they are learning in elementary school! AND...I can relate to what you are saying...Liberals were on full attack the last eight years! I witnessed it myself! SO...why can't the other side be critical of this guy? Because it is not "politically correct" to do so. Didn't stop the Left!

LadyCurry Guest
    Well, that is one point. You are right- not the Joe Biden thread. So if I go over to that one...will I see the same outrage as is in here over his "politically incorrect" statements? I wonder?

Shano Guest
    Actually the first post on the Biden thread is over the outrage about his family legal problems not being covered by the media. So you may find outrage about what he said as well. I actually hope so. What he said was wrong, very, very wrong.

I don't think that anyone who is against our Presidents views are racist people long as they are just against his views. Not his skin color. My feelings for Rush have nothing to do with his skin color but everything to do with his views.

I am glad your kids are attending a private school next year. I have found that they are the best bet to getting a good education. I have had some problems with my kids school (private) but really have had good experiences overall. I think you and your kids will really like the change! It is like a totally different world. Very caring. When it seems that public schools don't make the effort to care as long as the kids pass.

LadyCurry Guest
    Actually the first post on the Biden thread is over the outrage about his family legal problems not being covered by the media. So you may find outrage about what he said as well. I actually hope so. What he said was wrong, very, very wrong.

I don't think that anyone who is against our Presidents views are racist people long as they are just against his views. Not his skin color. My feelings for Rush have nothing to do with his skin color but everything to do with his views.

I am glad your kids are attending a private school next year. I have found that they are the best bet to getting a good education. I have had some problems with my kids school (private) but really have had good experiences overall. I think you and your kids will really like the change! It is like a totally different world. Very caring. When it seems that public schools don't make the effort to care as long as the kids pass.
    Thanks Shano for the kind words...I digress and apologize...I get heated...which is why I try and stay away from threads like these!
    My kids will be doing home school actually. It is, in Illinois, considered private school...but I can't wait! I have already started my pre school age kids- and the four year old is reading at a K level with just my instruction! So I am terribly excited!

As far as Rushy- Well, I find him fascinating to listen to and have been listening for many, many years. I have heard first hand some of his less politically correct comments...BUT, I heard the context surrounding them- which is why I get angry at these smalle "sound bite" quotes being used. The only one that I couldn't believe was "Barack the magic negro." BUT, once again...after research- it was an LA Times reporter that first came up with the little jingle. I was just angry at RL for playing it!
    That said- Shano, I appreciate the fact that you are fair in your opinions as we all should be! I have to stay away from the Biden threads and Obama threads...lol. You may guess why. lol. I just like fairness.

If someone wishes death on Rush... Could I go say I wish death on BO? (not that I do)...and expect to not get banned or punished? I don't know. Everyone says that we are entiltled to our own opinions....AND WE ARE! But, man...don't know how well that would fly! SO...I appreciate your fairness.

Shano Guest
    Ok.

Hay I am married to a Conservative Republican. We can be friends too!

And don't feel bad. I get a little much sometimes too!

Good luck with the home school!!! That is fantastic the your 4 year old is reading at such a high level!!! WOW! *gives LadyCurry a huge round of applause*

Screwtape Guest
    Limbaugh lost me during the last days of the Clinton administration. Before I continue, I would like to say no, I don't have the transcript or the air date. But he said it.

After months that became years of telling us, his listening audience, that Bill Clinton was a rapist (Juanita Broderick) a sexual degenerate (Paula Jones) a traitor (selling nuclear secrets to the Chinese) and if not an actual murderer, an accessory to one (Vince Foster) not to mention a thief and swindler (Whitewater) - that if he was asked, he would accept an invitation to the White House and smoke some quality cigars with Clinton because "it's nothing personal"

That was when I noticed every right-wing talk show host had the same MO. Nothing personal, just business. All Democrats bad, all Republicans good. Never say you're a Republican, say you're an "Independent" - who only complains about the Republicans when they're not Republican enough. Sorry, that doesn't make you an Independent, it makes you a frustrated Republican.

Pardon my rambling. Rush is an apologist and his denial of same in face of the facts is just ridiculous.

LadyCurry Guest
    *and takes a bow*

Thanks. lol. It is probably the most rewarding thing I will do ever- teach my children to read! It opens up so many doors.

Now...mods- I'm sorry....I'm staying away! promise this time!
    Last edited by LadyCurry; 03-06-2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: because- nobody taught me to type!

LadyCurry Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Limbaugh lost me during the last days of the Clinton administration. Before I continue, I would like to say no, I don't have the transcript or the air date. But he said it.

After months that became years of telling us, his listening audience, that Bill Clinton was a rapist (Juanita Broderick) a sexual degenerate (Paula Jones) a traitor (selling nuclear secrets to the Chinese) and if not an actual murderer, an accessory to one (Vince Foster) not to mention a thief and swindler (Whitewater) - that if he was asked, he would accept an invitation to the White House and smoke some quality cigars with Clinton because "it's nothing personal"

That was when I noticed every right-wing talk show host had the same MO. Nothing personal, just business. All Democrats bad, all Republicans good. Never say you're a Republican, say you're an "Independent" - who only complains about the Republicans when they're not Republican enough. Sorry, that doesn't make you an Independent, it makes you a frustrated Republican.

Pardon my rambling. Rush is an apologist and his denial of same in face of the facts is just ridiculous.

I remember something like that too. I believe all that about Clinton....but would never ever want to smoke a cigar with him! lol. ewwww on so many levels!
    I did end up at one his little political things once...he out his hand out and I stood there.

All talking heads are shit anyway. He does laugh all the way to the bank though.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    I have never agreed with one thing that I have heard Mr. Limbaugh say, however I believe he is good for America.
    What!?!?! Some of you may say, how can that be Rik, you are an America-hatin', pinko, librul. Allow me to explain (and I don't hate America).

1. Mr. Limbaugh's radio program is a shining example to the rest of the world that American capitalism and freedom of speech are alive and well. So long as you can generate advertising revenue, you can say anything you want over the airwaves and get paid handsomely for it.

2. Mr. Limbaugh is living proof that drug users/abusers can indeed be productive members of society. It sends a powerful message to our lawmakers and perhaps laws will be eased on users and toughened on sellers/prescription writers.

3. Mr. Limbaugh provides jobs for Americans. Not just for his production staff and the like, but his programs provide fodder for a cottage industry of authors and media watchdogs that document the misrepresentations and outright lies that Mr. Limbaugh states as fact.

So see, he is good for America.
    Last edited by Ima Sikfuk; 03-06-2009 at 11:38 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

Like I said, you can have an opinion but the man has been on the air for 2 decades with several years more to come.

Why do people talk about him failing.
    If he went off the air tomorrow, he would not have failed.

I think it is weird how some people are writing things on FAD like they think that Rush is going to read it and get hurt.

I think it is just a natural thing about human nature that we all look down on each other.

I sure Rush would be looking at you and your lives and feeling sorry for you too.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

SweetWickedHellKatEvil Guest

What a tangled web Rush weaves when he practices to deceive

[quote=Chunga;314114]Ultra-Conservative radio commentator Rush Limbaugh, 57, has signed a $400 million contract to keep his talk show on the air through 2016. Mr. Limbaugh, whose show is heard by nearly 20 million people a week on 600 radio stations, says the deal breaks down to $38 million a year plus a $100 million signing bonus.
    He also says he will not retire until everybody thinks like him. And this is a man who can not practice what he preaches. Instead he is trapped in a cage like the big fat rat. God Help Us All!

IrishBabe Guest
    And he or she who is without dogshit on their shoe is welcome to take the first step on the white carpet.

The self-righteousness is staggering.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    rush is a big fat doofus.

megadildos.

disco rush

simon69 Guest

Angry Well here's proof he is a cold hearted ass-wipe!

Democrats blast Limbaugh for comment on Kennedy

In this Tuesday, Jan. 13, 2009 picture, conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh talks wi...

Fri Mar 6, 9:17 PM EST

A Democratic official rebuked conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh on Friday for suggesting a health care proposal will be named in memory of Sen. Edward Kennedy, who is battling brain cancer. On his radio show, Limbaugh said President Barack Obama's proposed health care revisions will be championed by "the liberal lion Teddy Kennedy."
    "Before it's all over, it'll be called the Ted Kennedy Memorial Health Care bill," Limbaugh said.
    Brian Wolff, executive director of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, called the remark outrageous and reprehensible.
    Limbaugh has been at the center of a partisan dispute since telling a conservative group last month that he hoped Obama's economic policies would fail. Democrats have accused Republicans of letting Limbaugh be their de facto leader, which GOP officials deny.
    Limbaugh did not respond immediately to a request for comment that was sent to the e-mail address provided on his Web site.
    Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

outrage

Oh c'mon. Save your fake outrage.

McCain was going to die before his first term was up, wasn't he? He was soooo old and had that skin cancer problem. OMG he was going to keel over before his inauguration. Remember?

I remember also all those remarks about Reagan too.

Then there were all those remarks about Bob Dole, THe guy had a war injury and he couldn't use his one hand and people mocked that.

Why do you let "someone like Rush" bother you so?

Does it only bother you when "someone like Rush" says it, but not "one of you"?

I know this isn't the Kennedy thread but what is a goy with terminal brain cancer doing in the Senate?
    Isn't this a sympathy thing.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Screwtape Guest
    I know this isn't the Kennedy thread but what is a goy with terminal brain cancer doing in the Senate?
    I hope you just misspelled guy.

goy (goi)

–noun, plural goy⋅im  /ˈgɔɪɪm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [goi-im] Show IPA , goys. Often Disparaging.
    a non-Jewish person; gentile.

n. pl. goy·im (goi'ĭm) or goys Offensive
    Used as a disparaging term for one who is not a Jew.
    Last edited by Screwtape; 03-07-2009 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post

I hope you just misspelled guy.

goy (goi)

??noun, plural goy⋅im  /ˈgɔɪɪm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [goi-im] Show IPA , goys. Often Disparaging.
    a non-Jewish person; gentile.

n. pl. goy·im (goi'ĭm) or goys Offensive
    Used as a disparaging term for one who is not a Jew.

That was unintentional.
    Might have been a Freudian thing.
    Thanks for correcting me.

I have been on the Ted Kennedy thread and people have said worse about him.

Most of my comment had to do with Rush and people having selective outrage.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

IrishBabe Guest
    Oh c'mon. Save your fake outrage.

McCain was going to die before his first term was up, wasn't he? He was soooo old and had that skin cancer problem. OMG he was going to keel over before his inauguration. Remember?

Then there were all those remarks about Bob Dole, THe guy had a war injury and he couldn't use his one hand and people mocked that.

Does it only bother you when "someone like Rush" says it, but not "one of you"?

Excellent. Well-said.

burgtwngrl Guest
    Well said Giada I agree totally with your last statement it's impossible to give him credibility with a do as I say not as I do attitude

NewYorkDoll Guest
    i thought this was a thread about bloated and sweaty rush?

Forever-27 Guest
    Since we live with an extreamly leftist democratic media , the mainstream media only reports on snipets of news and never tells the whole story on anything. The media, CNN , MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC and sometimes even Fox uses bits and pieces of the news and twists it to suit their needs. Rush did say he hopes obama fails, since he wants socialism to fail in our nation. Rush has also stated hed debate obama on anything in public, taking out airtime on the major networks at his own expence , bring the obama family to him own retreat mansion for a week, bringing in the 100 dollar per pound meats and all for them to dine on.

Sean hannity also has said hed pay on his own money to buy several hours of airtime on any tv network to debate Obama on his policies and ideas publically on. The original challenge was that hed sit down with obama to have a beer with him and talk.

I listen to both talk show hosts , dont care what anybody says , I enjoy what they discuss. Go Rush Go

NewYorkDoll Guest
    bring the obama family to him own retreat mansion for a week, bringing in the 100 dollar per pound meats and all for them to dine on.

==========================================
    ?

simon69 Guest
    [quote=coconn04;681678]Oh c'mon. Save your fake outrage.

My outrage isn't fake, I respect John McCain for being a veteran in politics. Yes he is old and the reason he lost my vote was his pick of his running mate. I being the young teen I was also voted for "Ronny" fresh outta school. Now for "I'm Bob Dole" he did a better job as pitchman for Viagra. Back to Rush, his remarks to anyone who is liberal and democrat sickens me. I would love to see a debate with him and Rachel Maddow, she has the smarts to shut his pie hole up. Last, I have to say Rush should crack his own closet door and take a peek inside to see what's hiding in there. I think we are seeing the down fall of him, and his kind of peeps. Oh yeah, Rush needs 2 more words, JENNY CRAIG!!!

Hag1 Guest
    For $400 million, I would say anything whether I believed it or not.

The Rachel Maddow comment was kind of interesting.
    She has a radio show on Air America.
    BY the way, Air America still has financial problems.

If she is so smart whay isn't she doing better than Rush in the Ratings.
    I just don't know what some people's defintion of smart is.

Rush is number 1 in the rating and has been.

Obviously some people don't want him to shut up.

The guy is not a politician and doesn't have to carry a teleprompter around with him like Obama. He is a commentator.

The 'selective outrage' thing is interesting because Kennedy should have resigned his seat by now.
    When the guy does show up for his job, we have to act all sympathic.
    Rush actually said something that a lot of people were thinking, including me.

By the way, Rush has told people about his problems and they listen anyway

Edna St. Vincent Millay