Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh

hello moderator

Sorry about that.

My take again, just to sum things up.

WE all need to be critical of our government.

The name calling of Rush, or any other conservative or commentator, who you don't agree with just seems a little juvenile to me.

It is OK to Debate based on substance.

I wish people could stick to that.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

People here are free to express their opinion of Rush Limbaugh or any other public figure without finger waggling. And they will be as long as I have anything to say about it.

Back to Rush Limbaugh, please and thank you.

kandykisses Guest
    Rush Limbaugh is a lot of things but he is not a racist. I don't get why people don't get a lot of statements about how great he is are tongue in cheek. Personally, I don't agree with everything he says but a lot of what he says is spot on. If anyone listened to him-really listened-he gives the Republicans hell too.

I actually am a big freedom of speech person.
    I love Talk Radio.

Sorry again for the finger wagging.

Everyone is entitled for their point of view.

Go ahead and vent.

I have to realize people like Howard Stern and Rush Limbaugh and all the people that are successful at Talk Radio are an acquired taste.

Believe me if I were making the money they were making people could say whatever they want about me.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

burgtwngrl Guest
    Personally I don't listen to one sided rhetoric I enjoy watching the 24 hour news stations on my Direct TV and the nightly news. I've never listened to Rush more than a minute or so not do I listen to any Rhetoric on the Democratic side as well.

I don't like any of it but I especially don't like Rush Limbaugh he has said some pretty nasty things about people who didn't deserve it like Chelsea Clinton and I could never give him the credability to listen to him.

TallulahDahling Guest
    Not a Rush fan here--let's get that straight right now!
    However, being a radio entertainer with a little talk-radio experience, the idea is to generate outrage and response. Get the phones ringing, tongues wagging and sponsors spending!
    At that, Rush is fabulous. He's a money-maker. He is the king of outrage.
    If you really want to make him take a tumble, don't listen, don't react and don't respond.
    Lack of funding is the only thing that will make Giant Puffhead go away.

Long Gone Day Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TallulahDahling View Post
    Not a Rush fan here--let's get that straight right now!
    However, being a radio entertainer with a little talk-radio experience, the idea is to generate outrage and response. Get the phones ringing, tongues wagging and sponsors spending!
    At that, Rush is fabulous. He's a money-maker. He is the king of outrage.
    If you really want to make him take a tumble, don't listen, don't react and don't respond.
    Lack of funding is the only thing that will make Giant Puffhead go away.
    So true! I don't care for the man. My mother, a republican, likes him.
    After all she had to say about how weak and bad people are for doing drugs,
    when I pointed out that Rush was addicted to pain killers, she just said
    "Oh, but it was for his back! That's just not the same!" Hypocrites.

I want Rush Limbaugh to fail.
    (let's see how he likes the bad karma)

mandee1005 Guest
    I never really listen to him until the speach the other night. He seems like a pompous ass to me, but I did agree with some things he said. I dont' consider myself rebuplican, democrate, lefty, righty or whatever. I like a little of what each person brings forth. I just wish that there was a common ground with everyone. I don't think that anyone really knows what all of those parties values and beliefs are anymore. You just have to take the lesser of two evils. My $.02.

RubySlippers Guest

LadyCurry Guest
    That, of course is not the same quote that I heard...I heard Mr. Limbaugh say "I want Obama's policies to fail." That is not the man...that is what he is doing, not who he is.
    I don't want his policies to work neither- call me what you wish. I don't care. Those who don't believe the same way as Obama, don't want to see the things he is doing work- duh. Kind of like the left didn't want Bush to succeed.
    There is quite the little conundrum in this country though when our former President can be made fun of on a daily basis, criticized openly by the entire left...but one man- Mr. Limbaugh says one thing about policy failure...and the left run with it and make so many accusations. Is he really that feared? He is one man. Compared to the entire left- Hollywood, musicians, the media, college professors, etc. critical treatment of Bush.
    But, we all should respect a sitting President, right? Well, then what happened in the last eight years...Bush didn't earn your respect? Well, sorry- NO, no I am not sorry...Obama hasn't earned mine yet either- he has done nothing that I agree with for our country- nothing. I look for more than good looks in my President and do not put my faith in a President- it goes to the One that deserves it.

Maruz83 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ladycurry View Post
    that, of course is not the same quote that i heard...i heard mr. Limbaugh say "i want obama's policies to fail." that is not the man...that is what he is doing, not who he is.
    I don't want his policies to work neither- call me what you wish. I don't care. Those who don't believe the same way as obama, don't want to see the things he is doing work- duh. Kind of like the left didn't want bush to succeed.
    There is quite the little conundrum in this country though when our former president can be made fun of on a daily basis, criticized openly by the entire left...but one man- mr. Limbaugh says one thing about policy failure...and the left run with it and make so many accusations. Is he really that feared? He is one man. Compared to the entire left- hollywood, musicians, the media, college professors, etc. Critical treatment of bush.
    But, we all should respect a sitting president, right? Well, then what happened in the last eight years...bush didn't earn your respect? Well, sorry- no, no i am not sorry...obama hasn't earned mine yet either- he has done nothing that i agree with for our country- nothing. I look for more than good looks in my president and do not put my faith in a president- it goes to the one that deserves it.
    amen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

melmoney Guest
    Another Amen to you, Lady Curry.

Say what you want about Rush. I don't think the man cares. In fact it's what he wants. For what it's worth, Rush is part entertainer. His appeal is to create controversy and ruffle the left's feathers. Seems like he's succeeded, especially among those of you who tuned into his speech on Saturday and are now bashing him on this message board. Look at Howard Stern. Some people cannot stand him. They call him immoral and controversial - but do you think he cares? No. He wants that! That is part of his radio personality. Same goes for Rush.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Danse Macabre Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCurry View Post
    That, of course is not the same quote that I heard...I heard Mr. Limbaugh say "I want Obama's policies to fail." That is not the man...that is what he is doing, not who he is.
    I don't want his policies to work neither- call me what you wish. I don't care. Those who don't believe the same way as Obama, don't want to see the things he is doing work- duh. Kind of like the left didn't want Bush to succeed.
    There is quite the little conundrum in this country though when our former President can be made fun of on a daily basis, criticized openly by the entire left...but one man- Mr. Limbaugh says one thing about policy failure...and the left run with it and make so many accusations. Is he really that feared? He is one man. Compared to the entire left- Hollywood, musicians, the media, college professors, etc. critical treatment of Bush.
    But, we all should respect a sitting President, right? Well, then what happened in the last eight years...Bush didn't earn your respect? Well, sorry- NO, no I am not sorry...Obama hasn't earned mine yet either- he has done nothing that I agree with for our country- nothing. I look for more than good looks in my President and do not put my faith in a President- it goes to the One that deserves it.
    I totally agree.

TallulahDahling Guest
    I wish the giant Puffhead would just go away....soooooooooo boring

I wish the giant Puffhead would just go away....soooooooooo boring

Look at Rush's and Howard Stern's salary.( shown above)
    400 to 500 million dollar deals. contracts that go on for years.
    Its been that way for years too.
    This is not a recent thing.

They are not going away.
    Again, I don't think they are feeling the pain of death hags.
    They are being paid well.
    WE are giving our opinion away free.

Maybe I am the BORING one. All relative you know.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Shano Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post

They are not going away.

Trust me, if Rush keeps downing the Cheeseburgers with the sides of Oxy, it should happen in a few years. *crosses fingers*

My hubby is a conservative Republican that listens to that hate spewing idiot every day, so when I am in the shop with him I listen to. Sure some of what he says are truths. Not many in politics are guilt free. Sure he gets paid MILLIONS to yell into the mic outrageous things about what he thinks and feels. Like Stern. BUT, he is brainwashing others into believing what he says, everything he says is truth. I still will never forget what he said about MJF. What's next? Rush yelling into the mic that any puppy that looks like the Obama's dog is automaticly a Democrate and needs to be uthenized? That is what it has come down to with this man. If you are willing to laugh at someones disability and insult him for "using" it on the campaign trail then you will do anything and say anything. He reminds me of the fat bully kid in every school. He knows he is dumb so he hurts people to look important.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Mr. Limbaugh is brilliant. As so many Americans find themselves to be struggling and or out of work, he has plenty of money rolling in. I find it odd, to learn that while he does not wish for Pres. Obama to fail, he only wishes for the policies of the current administration to fail. How is THIS a good thing for all Americans? As much as I respect Mr. Limbaugh's right to earn his income in a legal manner, just like Ann Coultier, & any other public conservative person, I do wonder how it is in THEIR best interests (or that of any other citizen of this country) for the policies of this administration to fail? While I might be viewed and considered as just another irrelevent moderate....I NEVER once expressed that I wished for any of the previous administration's policies to fail. With as much as 80%....or even as few as 8% of our citizens in agreement with the plan for a peaceful withdrawl from Iraq....and the closing of Gitmo, I find the MOST appealing aspect of this plan is the end results of more of our men & women in uniform coming home alive.

In terms of how this latest abuse of power will affect our pocketbooks/wallets, since I don't know too many folks who fall into the upper eschelon who will "suffer" under the taxation assaults, I have no qualms about any of the fallout. I sincerely respect all of you folks who fall into the tax bracket that will be abused by the actions of our government attempting to correct our economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shano View Post
    Like Stern. BUT, he is brainwashing others into believing what he says, everything he says is truth. I still will never forget what he said about MJF. What's next? .
    How are Rush and Stern different from anyone else that have a large listener and viewership.
    I don't watch Oprah a lot but I do work in a department store on a part-times basis and I hear women coming in talking about the products that Oprah recommends.

I could accuse Oprah as going around brainwashing others.
    Maybe they agree with her, we live in a free country who am I to say.

Again the average person goes around making fun of her weight issues and other problems.

I tune in and I see a bunch of middle age women acting like teenagers.

Again she is making millions so what does she care what anyone outside her audience thinks of her.

The Michael J. Fox thing was interesting because all I heard Rush doing was accusing Fox of not taking his medication so people would feel sorry for him.

Maybe this was on other peoples minds also.
    Someone just said it and it seemed politically incorrect , however I will fight to my death for anyone's right to say those things.

Wanting Obama's Trillion Dollar Stimulas program to fail is more a crticism of how the plan punishes the people who are producing and rewards those who don't.

It reverses a significant portion of the welfare bill that Clinton signed into office.

I got into an agrument that other day about this with someone and all I got back was giving Obama a chance.

Really come on, nobody wants to think about where the money is coming from.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Shano Guest
    How are Rush and Stern different from anyone else that have a large listener and viewership.
    I don't watch Oprah a lot but I do work in a department store on a part-times basis and I hear women coming in talking about the products that Oprah recommends.

I could accuse Oprah as going around brainwashing others.
    Maybe they agree with her, we live in a free country who am I to say.

Again the average person goes around making fun of her weight issues and other problems.

I tune in and I see a bunch of middle age women acting like teenagers.

Again she is making millions so what does she care what anyone outside her audience thinks of her.

The Michael J. Fox thing was interesting because all I heard Rush doing was accusing Fox of not taking his medication so people would feel sorry for him.

Maybe this was on other peoples minds also.
    Someone just said it and it seemed politically incorrect , however I will fight to my death for anyone's right to say those things.

Wanting Obama's Trillion Dollar Stimulas program to fail is more a crticism of how the plan punishes the people who are producing and rewards those who don't.

It reverses a significant portion of the welfare bill that Clinton signed into office.

I got into an agrument that other day about this with someone and all I got back was giving Obama a chance.

Really come on, nobody wants to think about where the money is coming from.
    How is Rush different from Oprah? Pretty easy to figure out if you have listened to Rush just once and you have watched Oprah just once.

Sure Oprah is raking in the dough. No I don't believe in everything she says or any product she talks about. I would bet that Oprah has given much more of her millions to charity than Rush has. Do I think that Oprah is brainwashing, maybe, I really don't watch her anymore. But Rush is a different thing. Rush is teaching hate and intolerance.

Thank god this is a free country and Rush can make fun of someones disability. MJF should be ashamed.... Rush was just practicing his constitutional right to FREE speech. Please look up libel. Yes, opinions do and should fall under First Amendment protections,BUT, in this case we??re not talking about viewpoints alone, but also about pure facts being ignored or distorted maliciously. MJF could have and should have taken Rush to court. The neo - nazi skin heads use the First Amendment to protect what they say also. Does this make them great in your mind? Will you go to your death protecting them too? Free speech is one of the great things about this country... but when it is misused it is the most dangerous thing in this country. It is your freedom to go out and make fun of and speculate about the lives of people with disabilities. But does this mean you should do it? What is it teaching children that may be listening to him?? It is teaching them that people with disabilities lie. That those with disabilities use their disabilities to get ahead. () OH, and MJF is a horrible person. What it really came down to...Rush does not agree with MJF's politics. So he used his weakness to try hurt him, to slander him. AGAIN, he is like the fat bully in every school. He uses peoples weaknesses to HURT them. He is a sick person.

You CONTINUALLY bring up Barak Obama and the stimulus package. I am guessing you are aware that it actually is not JUST Obama that passed that stimulus package.... right?? Obama is the President sure but he also has advisers and others that came up with the package, he also had to get the package passed in the House and Congress.

The TOTAL stimulus package is $787 Billion.... NOT TRILLION. Please stop saying TRILLION. THIS IS NOT THE OBAMA thread please move over there if you want to bash the President. This thread is about RUSH LIMBAUGH.

Part of this agrument about Rush is the Statement that he wanted Obama's policies to fail.

All I did was one sentence on why he said that.
    I did not go off about that point, just that I had an argument with someone and I had my reason against it as well.

We are all adults here and I am more of a libertarian in my viewpoint.
    All I said was in response to the brainwashing comment.

Sometimes we listen to someone because we do agree with them.
    Rush pointed out at the time that he has seem Michael J. Fox before and this time Michael looked like he wasn't taking his meds.
    At the time Fox was doing a political commercial.

Other celebrities like Patricia Heaton did commericials opposing Fox's viewpoint.
    Adults have a free will to listen or agree.
    Your viewpoint is valid as well.
    All I am saying is these people have an audience and they have been and will be making money.
    I am not in control. Just explaining my take.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

TallulahDahling Guest
    400 to 500 million dollar deals. contracts that go on for years.
    Its been that way for years too.
    This is not a recent thing.

They are not going away.
    Again, I don't think they are feeling the pain of death hags.
    They are being paid well.
    WE are giving our opinion away free.

Maybe I am the BORING one. All relative you know.

Surely I don't have to choose between Giant Puffhead and Stern? I'll just drink the Koolaide now and be done with it!
    BTW is Stern still obsessed with Lesbians? I can't afford Sirius.

Shano Guest
    Surely I don't have to choose between Giant Puffhead and Stern? I'll just drink the Koolaide now and be done with it!
    BTW is Stern still obsessed with Lesbians? I can't afford Sirius.
    *snicker* And kielbasa.... don't forget his affinity for sausage.

TallulahDahling Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shano View Post
    *snicker* And kielbasa.... don't forget his affinity for sausage.
    Sausage--really? I thought Stern was Jewish.

Shano Guest
    Sausage--really? I thought Stern was Jewish.
    Well the few times that I have listened, and when I caught his show when they used to tape it for cable, he was obsessed with getting girls to down a kielbasa sausage. And I don't mean to eat. lol

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kandykisses View Post
    Rush Limbaugh is a lot of things but he is not a racist. I don't get why people don't get a lot of statements about how great he is are tongue in cheek. Personally, I don't agree with everything he says but a lot of what he says is spot on. If anyone listened to him-really listened-he gives the Republicans hell too.
    How can you not say he is racist? He made it as a football moderator exactly two weeks before he wondered aloud how much "social engineering" had to do with Donnovan McNabb being touted as a great quarterback? I thought the otherpanel members were either going to choke or choke him. He was gone after that statement.
    I don't think he is evil but I think he is the poster boy for angry white males who are looking around wondering who stole their promised birthright.
    I disgaree with him on almost every thing he says and wanting the President to fail in these perilous times is just wrong. I expect him to be the loyal opposition, with the operative word being loyal.
    Regards,
    Mary

melmoney Guest
    I wouldn't call Rush Limbaugh a racist. After all, he heavily supported Alan Keyes for the IL Senate seat.

cachluv Guest
    "I don't think he is evil but I think he is the poster boy for angry white males who are looking around wondering who stole their promised birthright.
    I disgaree with him on almost every thing he says and wanting the President to fail in these perilous times is just wrong. I expect him to be the loyal opposition, with the operative word being loyal."

---I do indeed think he is evil. And a selective-racist, meaning some non-white peoples are okay. Manifested, personified, walking, talking and spreading his narrow-minded negativity and ill-will as far and thick as he can.
    If you listen to ANYONE long enough, something they say is bound to be intelligent or spot-on. This does not make him an educated, thought-balanced person.

I said this when Bush was in office. I did NOT like Bush as a person or a president but I think it's **DEPLORABLE** to undermine the president and THE ENTIRE COUNTRY by hoping he fails. If we don't stick together then we will indeed fail and have nothing. I think that is the biggest pile of shit he could have ever layed on America. And it's all in the name of free speech. How unpatriotic can someone be? Yes, difference of opinion is what our country is based on. Yes, if we all thought the same we wouldn't need leadership...I get it. I'm opinionated myself but you can't say just any fucking thing you want to say. And just because you do doesn't make it right. I'm all for differing opinions. Just don't wish "the other side" bad luck, at least not out loud anyway.

This man is going to fail. Rushbo. Will fail. He has an addictive personality and I suspect compulsion disorders as well.

I used to listen to Rush on occasion- but I can't now because of work. I personally can't listen to that stuff anymore because I see enough in my life of how the economy is- fearing for my husbands job, watching the credit limits decline and interest rates go up on my cards etc. I don't want to spend 3-6 hours a day listening to it.

I do admire him though. OK- not the hypocritical drug addict part- but if we kept crucifying anyone who has been nailed for drugs, or for hypocricy, the entire Hollywood community would be seeking employment at McDs.

He makes a very successful living doing what he does, he has the balls to say what he thinks, and doesn't care if people like him. And, he's still free to listen to. Didn't Stern berate his own listeners who decided not to shell out for satellite radio so they could still listen to him? And Rush doesn't wear assless pants and parade around as "Fart Man".
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Sorry about that.

My take again, just to sum things up.

WE all need to be critical of our government.

The name calling of Rush, or any other conservative or commentator, who you don't agree with just seems a little juvenile to me.

It is OK to Debate based on substance.

I wish people could stick to that.
    It's a shame more people weren't critical of our government when Bush stole the office of President twice. Don't even try to tell me that didn't happen. There is an independent documentary on the "Doc" channel about how my home state of Ohio helped him steal the second election!
    I fear that Limbaugh's drug-addled or biased rantings will add fuel to the fire that may eventually get our current Commander in Chief assassinated.
    Just for the sake of supposition, let's say that Rush commented on two touchy subject areas that are mentioned on this board.
    e.g. Rush says that Jack Cassidy died as a result of extensive thermal burns or that Richard Carpenter molested his sister. Would you still think that Limbaugh was a brilliant radio personality?
    Pardon me for going on a bit of a rant, but I have pneumonia and some of your remarks about our current leader and the bloated Oxycontin/Vicoding popping fathead have hit my last nerve. Since I feel like death warmed over, I realize I'm displying less restraint than normal.
    Fire away and if I'm banned for life, so be it!
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

cachluv Guest
    "Thank god this is a free country and Rush can make fun of someones disability. MJF should be ashamed.... Rush was just practicing his constitutional right to FREE speech. Please look up libel. Yes, opinions do and should fall under First Amendment protections,BUT, in this case we??re not talking about viewpoints alone, but also about pure facts being ignored or distorted maliciously. MJF could have and should have taken Rush to court. The neo - nazi skin heads use the First Amendment to protect what they say also. Does this make them great in your mind? Will you go to your death protecting them too? Free speech is one of the great things about this country... but when it is misused it is the most dangerous thing in this country. It is your freedom to go out and make fun of and speculate about the lives of people with disabilities. But does this mean you should do it? What is it teaching children that may be listening to him?? It is teaching them that people with disabilities lie. That those with disabilities use their disabilities to get ahead. () OH, and MJF is a horrible person. What it really came down to...Rush does not agree with MJF's politics. So he used his weakness to try hurt him, to slander him. AGAIN, he is like the fat bully in every school. He uses peoples weaknesses to HURT them. He is a sick person. "

---Shano, I just came. Are you free for dinner?

Jus' jokin', I love Hubs. But man, what a post.

Shano Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post

---Shano, I just came. Are you free for dinner?

Jus' jokin', I love Hubs. But man, what a post.
    roflmao! Of course!! When you sweet talk me like that I come too! To dinner that is... lol

I challenge people when I think they are wrong, OK.
    I try to do my research and all that.
    I do that here.
    I do that everywhere.

Sorry you are not feeling well by the way.

What do we have here, between 2 to 3,000 death hags?
    Rush has 20 million listeners.
    We live in a free market capitalistic society.
    I don't dictate who makes what salary.
    If someone with another viewpoint wants to challenge him they should do it.
    Air America is very liberal and they are in financial trouble.

Rush has a very lucrative salary and is booked up for next several years.
    He is not a politician who has to frame things a certain way.

I don't remember when Dan Quayle was vice-president that people were saying,' Lets lighten up on Quayle'.

These guys that get elected have to know what they are in for and what people will say about them.

On Stealing election, I was there election night with Busc/Gore.
    The networks tried calling Florida for Gore while Florida and the rest of the country was voting.

OF course they recanted that after the polls closed.
    Do you remember that?
    Talk about stealing elections, what is your take on the Al Franken situation?
    Last edited by coconn04; 03-04-2009 at 12:57 PM.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I want Rush Limbaugh to fail.
    (let's see how he likes the bad karma)

Ditto!
    Honestly.....there should be nobody wishing for the Presidents Policies to fail! We need to be hoping the best for everyone right now. I'm sure Rush is intelligent, but his statement was anything but! Its not something to be joking about. AND I think Barack Obama is intelligent as well, plus truely trying to make the right choices. Years ago citizens stood behind their Presidents choices. We need to do that now.
    Granted....I have to be honest here. It was difficult to stand behind GW's choices.....not so sure many of us did.
    Last edited by Nicki; 03-04-2009 at 01:02 PM.

I challenge people when I think they are wrong, OK.
    I try to do my research and all that.
    I do that here.
    I do that everywhere.

Sorry you are not feeling well by the way.

What do we have here, between 2 to 3,000 death hags?
    Rush has 20 million listeners.
    We live in a free market capitalistic society.
    I don't dictate who makes what salary.
    If someone with another viewpoint wants to challenge him they should do it.
    Air America is very liberal and they are in financial trouble.

Rush has a very lucrative salary and is booked up for next several years.
    He is not a politician who has to frame things a certain way.

I don't remember when Dan Quayle was vice-president that people were saying,' Lets lighten up on Quayle'.

These guys that get elected have to know what they are in for and what people will say about them.

On Stealing election, I was there election night with Busc/Gore.
    The networks tried calling Florida for Gore while Florida and the rest of the country was voting.

OF course they recanted that after the polls closed.
    Do you remember that?
    Talk about stealing elections, what is your take on the Al Franken situation?
    I remember the election night coverage, etc. with the travesty that made Bush President the first time (G.W.). Al Franken doesn't concern me as much as a hate-spewing gasbag who may influence millions of people and infect them with his beliefs.

We are all entitled to our opinions.
    If you feel the need to vet.
    Thats fine too.
    Thats what forums are for.
    I get bored quickly if all I see are people agreeing with me.
    Hope you feel better.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Shadowcatcher Guest
    In his tiny, shriveled, impotent mind, Rush just thinks
    the World waits with baited breath for his daily spew.
    Now he wants to debate the President of the United
    States? Hey Rush, it's easy! Just run for office! Earn
    it! President Obama would LOVE skewer a college
    dropout with a microphone.

I used to think he was sane once... still didn't like him,
    but at least sane. Now, not so much. My father, brother
    and sister have fallen into his bottomless pit of pure
    beligerence, and it has affected us as a family.

He tells his audience that he is the Point Soldier against
    the Liberal Enemy. In his delusion about what America
    is, he believes he has slaughtered the lives and careers
    of more "Libruls" with his mouth than Sampson did with the
    jawbone of that other Historic Ass...

"I remember the election night coverage, etc. with the travesty that made Bush President the first time (G.W.). Al Franken doesn't concern me as much as a hate-spewing gasbag who may influence millions of people and infect them with his beliefs."

Ummm... Al Franken had a radio show on Air America. Somehow, I have a feeling he wasn't doing it to tell people what everyone else thinks. He did it to tell people how he thinks and get them to think the same way no? If Air America had more than a dozen listeners, he could have influenced millions as well.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

GrinReaper Guest

Even once?

Recently Michael Steele, head of the RNC, changed what he said about Rush and aplologized.
    So has Rush ever, even once apologized or retracted any of his statements or been a man and said, "I was wrong?" Ever?

Seagorath Guest
    I just want to see this man in the "dead" thread...

LadyCurry Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Mr. Limbaugh is brilliant. As so many Americans find themselves to be struggling and or out of work, he has plenty of money rolling in. I find it odd, to learn that while he does not wish for Pres. Obama to fail, he only wishes for the policies of the current administration to fail. How is THIS a good thing for all Americans? As much as I respect Mr. Limbaugh's right to earn his income in a legal manner, just like Ann Coultier, & any other public conservative person, I do wonder how it is in THEIR best interests (or that of any other citizen of this country) for the policies of this administration to fail? While I might be viewed and considered as just another irrelevent moderate....I NEVER once expressed that I wished for any of the previous administration's policies to fail. With as much as 80%....or even as few as 8% of our citizens in agreement with the plan for a peaceful withdrawl from Iraq....and the closing of Gitmo, I find the MOST appealing aspect of this plan is the end results of more of our men & women in uniform coming home alive.

In terms of how this latest abuse of power will affect our pocketbooks/wallets, since I don't know too many folks who fall into the upper eschelon who will "suffer" under the taxation assaults, I have no qualms about any of the fallout. I sincerely respect all of you folks who fall into the tax bracket that will be abused by the actions of our government attempting to correct our economy.
    I certainly understand what you are saying Dennis- BUT, my boss DOES indeed make over $250,000! So when he is paying 40% + in taxes...what happens to me? Or many other working Americans? The rich are who employ people like you and I. I really try to look at the positive in most situations- but I find nothing positive about living on welfare!
    On top of all of this- we all should be concerned for our future generations! Yes, I am a mother...I worry about my children/ grandchildren. Why should they have to suffer...isn't the idea to make a better life for the generation to come? I don't agree with this- I don't like the stimulus pkg, I don't like the new whatever they want to call it- "earmark bill." I also understand that Republicans are in on this too- I don't like that as well! The two of these totals DO ADD UP TO over a trillion dollars! I say give it to the people of this country!

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    WOW. That is something. And that is all I have to say. *Thank God, I don't have that much anger in my heart*

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcatcher View Post
    Rush just thinks
    the World waits with baited breath for his daily spew.
    Now he wants to debate the President of the United
    States? Hey Rush, it's easy! Just run for office! Earn
    it! ...
    I wish the American people could vote for a person that speaks their mind.
    Lets face it, people have to be lied to.
    That is how we get politicians.
    Obama is where he is because he is a politician.
    Obama is less than a one term senator.

Think of it also Rush would have to take a pay cut too. He has a 400 million dollar deal.
    He isn't going anywhere.

This is what Rush had to say

The administration is enabling me,? he wrote in an e-mail to POLITICO.
    ??They are expanding my profile, expanding my audience and expanding my influence.

An ever larger number of people are now being exposed to the antidote to Obamaism: conservatism, as articulated by me.

An ever larger number of people are now exposed to substantive warnings, analysis and criticism of Obama's policies and intentions, a ??story?? I own because the [mainstream media] is largely the Obama Press Office.?

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Taggerez Guest
    Fine example of liberal tolerance here.

Anyone who opposes liberalism will be attacked as a racist (even if they aren't) and God help you for ANYTHING physical that could be used against you.

Didn't Obama use cocaine, maraijuana and ecstasy?

Also, to be a fascist or a Nazi, one would have to be a proponent of the kind of big state economics that Obama and FDR supported. In fact, most liberals would like to forget that they admired both Stalin and Mussolini. Much of the New Deal attempted to copy fascist policies. That sure ain't Rush Limbaugh.

Jaxxx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post

what a sweet thing to say............., Jeez, I may disagree with things alot of the Democrat's say, but not once have I ever wished them dead, hope you sleep well.

Taggerez Guest
    Teddy Kennedy killed a woman at Chappaquiddick but the same people who love him, hate Limbaugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Taggerez View Post
    Teddy Kennedy killed a woman at Chappaquiddick but the same people who love him, hate Limbaugh!
    I love Ted Kennedy about as much as the Kopechne family loves him.

TheMysterian Guest
    I like listening to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity,I like their point of view on what's going on in our country and I happen to agree with most of it! I think Obama and the Democratic party is leading this country down the sure path of Socialism,and any voice against it I will listen to,that is my right!
    " The accumulation of all powers,legislative,executive and judiciary,in the same hands,whether of one,a few or many,and whether hereditary,self- appointed or elective,may be pronounced the very definition of tyranny"
    James Madision!

Whether for or against Rush, it's time to get it back on track and keep it there folks. And a reminder:

Do not quote posts that offend you or that break forum rules. Here's a post by our admin, Nick which explains why that's not the way to go here (And which some of you are already familiar with.):

Nick
    Administrator

I'm probably going to end up posting a forum-wide announcement about this and incorporating it into the rules, but please listen:

Quoting a comment that you think is totally out of line or offensive only gives legs to that comment. It doesn't matter if you quote it to say, "Shame on you," or whatever. What you are doing is taking the comment and doubling the number of places it is written. Then someone else sees it and quotes it and now you have the offending comment in three times as many places as it was originally. And so on.

And the more something is repeated, the more it sinks in. So if someone writes, "All Greek men are slimy criminals," and you are a Greek man that takes offense, almost all you are accomplishing by quoting the remark is legitimizing it. And the more ridiculous the original comment, the less helpful it is to quote it.

If someone says an individual deserved a disease and you quote him, to me, as an administrator, you are lending some level of support to his view because you are repeating it and reinforcing it in the minds of readers that otherwise would have just skipped past it or who had a hard enough time reading it in the first place and would rather not see it dredged up again.

Do not quote posts that break forum rules.

Giada Guest
    I haven't listened to Rush in several years and when I did could only do so for a few minutes at a time. His ongoing, "baiting and inciting," distorts any message he might have to offer.

I find it difficult to give credibility to a man who has been married three times, preaches family values, derides those who may have a drug/alcohol problem while using oxycontin, and uses the words, "ladies and gentlemen," when it's apparent to me how little respect he has for humanity as a whole.