Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh

ceege Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    Careful. This thread is strictly for the civilized discussion of Rush Limbaugh's new contract, not the drugs or the hookers.
    And here I thought that the drugs and hookers were written into the contract. My mistake.

pattykad Guest
    And btw the Rush fan who mentioned Ralph Nader should be clapping for joy cuz Nader is why we have W stuck to the bottom of our shoes likes dogshit, errr, bubblegum.[/quote]

Beautifully said!

Chunga Guest
    The Master Of Class at work. What does that mic of his say? EIB. Excilence in Broadcasting?

Rush Limbaugh On the Offensive Against Ad With Michael J. Fox

By David Montgomery
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Wednesday, October 25, 2006; Page C01[/SIZE]

Possibly worse than making fun of someone's disability is saying that it's imaginary. That is not to mock someone's body, but to challenge a person's guts, integrity, sanity.
    To Rush Limbaugh on Monday, Michael J. Fox looked like a faker. The actor, who suffers from Parkinson's disease, has done a series of political ads supporting candidates who favor stem cell research, including Maryland Democrat Ben Cardin, who is running against Republican Michael Steele for the Senate seat being vacated by Paul Sarbanes.

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," Limbaugh told listeners. "He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. . . . This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."
    Limbaugh, whose syndicated radio program has a weekly audience of about 10 million, was reacting to Fox's appearance in another one of the spots, for Missouri Democrat Claire McCaskill, running against Republican Sen. James M. Talent.
    But the Cardin ad is similar. It is hard to watch, unless, for some reason, you don't believe it. As he speaks, Fox's restless torso weaves and writhes in a private dance. His head bobs from side to side, almost leaving the video frame.
    "This is the only time I've ever seen Michael J. Fox portray any of the symptoms of the disease he has," Limbaugh said. "He can barely control himself."
    Later Monday, still on the air, Limbaugh would apologize, but reaction to his statements from Parkinson's experts and Fox's supporters was swift and angry.
    "It's a shameless statement," John Rogers said yesterday. Rogers, Fox's political adviser, who also serves on the board of the Parkinson's Action Network, added: "It's insulting. It's appallingly sad, at best."
    "Anyone who knows the disease well would regard his movement as classic severe Parkinson's disease," said Elaine Richman, a neuroscientist in Baltimore who co-wrote "Parkinson's Disease and the Family." "Any other interpretation is misinformed."
    Fox was campaigning yesterday for Tammy Duckworth, a congressional candidate, outside Chicago, when he alluded to Limbaugh's remarks. "It's ironic, given some of the things that have been said in the last couple of days, that my pills are working really well right now," he said, according to a report on the CBS2 Web site.
    After his apology, Limbaugh shifted his ground and renewed his attack on Fox.
    "Now people are telling me they have seen Michael J. Fox in interviews and he does appear the same way in the interviews as he does in this commercial," Limbaugh said, according to a transcript on his Web site. "All right then, I stand corrected. . . . So I will bigly, hugely admit that I was wrong, and I will apologize to Michael J. Fox, if I am wrong in characterizing his behavior on this commercial as an act."
    Then Limbaugh pivoted to a different critique: "Michael J. Fox is allowing his illness to be exploited and in the process is shilling for a Democratic politician."
    Limbaugh's shock at Fox's appearance is a measure of the disease's devastation, advocates say. Contrary to the charge that Fox might not take his medicine to enhance his symptoms, the medicine produces some of the uncontrolled body movements.
    "Stem cell research offers hope to millions of Americans with diseases like diabetes, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's," Fox says in the Cardin ad. "But George Bush and Michael Steele would put limits on the most promising stem cell research."
    Fox has appeared in ABC's "Boston Legal" this season. In his scenes, taped over the summer, Fox does not shake or loll his head as he does in the Cardin commercial, but does appear to be restraining himself, appearing almost rigid at times.
    A source with direct knowledge of Fox's illness who viewed the Cardin ad said Fox is not acting to exaggerate the effects of the disease. The source said Fox's scenes in "Boston Legal" had to be taped around his illness, as he worked to control the tremors associated with Parkinson's for limited periods of time.
    Staff writer Frank Ahrens contributed to this report.

ceege Guest
    I remember this happening. RL is an asshat of the first order. Just because he is being paid obscene amounts of money to spew his vitrole on the air, does not equate to what he is doing as being ethical, morally correct or appropriate.

Right is right, even if few are doing it.
    Wrong is wrong, even when many are doing it.

Rush Goebbels has a lot of nerve calling someone a shill for a political party. He is a shill himself. Why don't he call Nancy Reagan that? She supports stem cell research as well. This guy is a joke.

ceege Guest
    The worst part is that there are people who hang on every word that drips from this man's mouth like he is speaking gospel.

Jaxxx Guest
    yeah, that would be ME!!!!

ceege Guest
    And diversity is what keeps life interesting. IMO

ozzysmom Guest

Rush Limbaugh, love him or hate him?

What is your opinion of this guy? Personally I think he should just shut up and go back to rehab.

RubySlippers Guest
    i hate him. just because he is a dick. i mean you can make a point without being a dick head. he thinks he's better than a lot of people...he could get so much more respect as a political spokesperson if he did it in a less rude way. anyways, maybe i am being naive.

I'm a Republican and cannot stand him, even if I agree with some of what he says. And don't even get me started on Ann Coulter...

I also cannot stand Michael Moore. Anyone that thinks their opinion is the only one, I have a problem with.

But that's just my opinion...

simon69 Guest

Angry

I loath this creature, he and Ann Coulter need to be ship wrecked on an Island together with nothing to hear but Air America on there radio!! His kind of people are what ruined the Republican party and made it what it is today, he spews hatred toward anything good and has the audacity to say he hopes this administration fails miserably. The reason were in this economic mess is guys like him and there my way or the highway logic. Well Rush if you can do any better to fix this great nation why don't you and the Ann Coulter's of this world run for office and prove what you spew forth from your CPAC friends and do it? He is just a shock jock who like the rest of the folk at the "fair and balanced" Fox news who like to use scare tactics to hide there bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Philliefan View Post
    I'm a Republican and cannot stand him, even if I agree with some of what he says. And don't even get me started on Ann Coulter...

I also cannot stand Michael Moore. Anyone that thinks their opinion is the only one, I have a problem with.

Is there any chance that Tom Cruise could summon Xenu to pick up Rush and take him to a galaxy far, far away?
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

ozzysmom Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by simon69 View Post
    I loath this creature, he and Ann Coulter need to be ship wrecked on an Island together with nothing to hear but Air America on there radio!! His kind of people are what ruined the Republican party and made it what it is today, he spews hatred toward anything good and has the audacity to say he hopes this administration fails miserably. The reason were in this economic mess is guys like him and there my way or the highway logic. Well Rush if you can do any better to fix this great nation why don't you and the Ann Coulter's of this world run for office and prove what you spew forth from your CPAC friends and do it? He is just a shock jock who like the rest of the folk at the "fair and balanced" Fox news who like to use scare tactics to hide there bigotry.

Nicely said.

Agreed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I absolutely cannot stand Rush Limbaugh at all!
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    Is there any chance that Tom Cruise could summon Xenu to pick up Rush and take him to a galaxy far, far away?
    What a wonderful idea!

IrishBabe Guest
    Love him. Love Ann. Don't care what anyone thinks.

And I don't care for Keith Olbermann, but I wouldn't wish evil on him...or even Michael Moore. At least I can admire their dedication to their...um, whatever it is that they do.

vandal Guest
    I agree with everyone would said they hate him, personally I hate anyone who is either too far right or too far left. I dont think they have the publics interest at heart when they say the things they say. The media loves the extremes and of course these knuckleheads get their attention because they are a much more interesting news story than the people who are down the middle. But this country has gotten so divided with little common ground that it makes any real progress almost impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    i hate him. just because he is a dick. i mean you can make a point without being a dick head. he thinks he's better than a lot of people...he could get so much more respect as a political spokesperson if he did it in a less rude way. anyways, maybe i am being naive.
    Agreed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Suzanne30 Guest
    I listen to him once in a while, and he usually doesn't bother me. I even think it's funny when he says things like " Talent on Loan From God" and "With Half My Brain Tied Behind My Back".

But, he struck a nerve when he said that he wanted the present administration to fail. Nobody should want that.

Cettie Guest
    BLEH!!!!!

Rush

Rush has 20 million people tuning in to him.
    How many best sellers does Ann Coulter have?
    I think between 6 to 9.
    Bill Maher and Ann Coulter are actually friends!
    For that kind of thing to happen means that Bill sometimes has to question whether he could be wrong!

Granted if you don't like Rush, he is on the radio on the AM station between 12 to 3 usually. Just tune out.
    I don't know where else people are exposed to him. You actually have to seek Rush out on the radio.

Liberals haven't made it on the radio for a reason.
    Lord knows they have tried.
    I just figured maybe they don't like to read or listen to people who don't agree with them.

I like to hear all viewpoints before making a decision.

Sad world when people only tolerate other individual who agree with then and look down on others who disagree.

What do I agree with Rush about.
    I want the American people to succeed.

Obama's policies include a trillion dollar stimulas. The next week he holds a summit on fiscal responsibility?
    Whatever?

Obama is a politician.
    I guess I rebel against all sorts of authority.
    Last edited by coconn04; 03-01-2009 at 05:32 PM.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    Liberals haven't made it on the radio
    http://airamerica.com/
    Last edited by Luanne; 03-01-2009 at 04:09 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

carebearsluv Guest
    I don't necessarily hate him, but the things he says makes me scratch my head.

I watched his speech yesterday, and was really put off by his "us against them" rhetoric.

SweetWickedHellKatEvil Guest
    It too bad his mind is not as broad as his asstrabadistra

Forever-27 Guest
    Ive openly asked why rush gets slammed by people on these boards. Do they hate him because he makes money doing what he likes to do or does he get ripped for not liking anything about Obamas policies and actions ?

To me and many thousands of others Rush as well as Sean Hannity are outlets for news as well as talk. The stations that carry these shows are generally consertive in nature so the mainstream Obama mania Media like CNN, ABC, MSNBC, CBS dont report on most of the democrat doings since they are very leftist. Can you believe on the CNN website they actually have a section on how you can get abs like michelle obama ? Or how to make your marrage work and last like the Obamas has ? If this isnt part of the obama mania media I dont know what is

GrinReaper Guest
    Al Frankin ran and won the senate seat from MN after speaking against the likes of Lamebrain for years. (He even has a best seller "Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot.)
    Lamebrain has yet to even run for dog catcher.
    Frankin has got more balls than Lamebrain.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Al Frankin ran and won the senate seat from MN after speaking against the likes of Lamebrain for years. (He even has a best seller "Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot.)
    Lamebrain has yet to even run for dog catcher.
    Frankin has got more balls than Lamebrain.
    Again Most liberals are not reading or only want to hear themselves talk.
    I thought liberal meant 'liberal minded' or free thinking.
    This is how they Liberal people view peoplewho don't agree with them.

The actually case in the Senate seat where Al Franken is concerned is still up in the air.

THese were the details of the case.

Preliminary reports on election night had Coleman ahead by over 700 votes; but by November 18, 2008, the official results had Coleman leading by only 215 votes.

As the two candidates were separated by less than 0.5 percent, the Secretary of State for Minnesota, Mark Ritchie, authorized the automatic recount stipulated in Minnesota election law.

In the recount, ballots and certifying materials were examined by hand, and candidates could file challenges to the legality of ballots or materials for inclusion or exclusion with regard to the recount.

On January 5, 2009, the MC Canvassing board certified the recounted vote totals, with Franken ahead by 225 votes.

On January 6, 2009, Coleman's campaign filed an Election contest.

The official certification of the winner of the election by Secretary of State Mark Ritchie and Governor Oawlenty will be delayed until that case is resolved.

There was a lot of goofy business going on in the counting of the ballots and everyone knows it.

Al Franken has not been seated.

Funny how the liberals are OK with this results here but they were protesting all over the plave about the Bush/Gore Election.

By the way, whichver ever way they counted the votes there Bush was ahead.

As for AIR AMerica they have had a lot of difficulties.

Reorganizational bankruptcy and sale to Green Family Media
    On October 13, 2006, Air America filed for Bankruptcy protection under Chapter 11, at the US bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ney York.

During the 4 1/2 years of the network's existence, Air America has lost 63 affiliates to other programming or formats. Air America counts any station that carries any of their programming as an affiliate, similar to radio networks such as ESPN Radio.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

What's kind of a shame is that I think Rush is a pretty intelligent guy, and there are times when I don't mind listening to his talk when it's healthy debate. Unfortunately, he goes too far with the name calling and hate speech against anyone who doesn't hold his conservative views. I find that frustrating.

As I am an independant and moderate in my viewpoints, I often don't agree with his particular conservative views...but I'd enjoy listening more if he'd just stop the personal attacks.

Don't get me started on Sean Hannity though - I can't stand his voice. (Not necessarily his fault - it just grates on me).

Mark Levine is another one who I could listen more if he'd debate w/o all the bashing...although for some reason, listening him go off on a ballistic tirade is pretty amusing, even when I completely disagree with him.
    "I don't want the bodies, just the pictures."
    --Castle

Hate him. That's why I don't listen to him. Unfortunately, he gets quoted a lot in many media outlets looking for some outrageous comment, so I can't avoid him completely.

ozzysmom Guest
    Wow, looks like I opened a can of worms! LOL

burgtwngrl Guest
    He's a do as I say Not as I do kind of person... he used to put down people with addictions while he was addicted to vicodin... Asshole!

I love Obama Therefore I HATE Rush Limbaugh... I wish he would keep his wacked out opinions to himself

THe quotes above just highlight what I have been saying about liberals living in there own world.

The one person thought Al Franken won that Election just highlights that fact.

Again, Rush has 20 million listeners. ( I don't think he is missing the company of some of the people posting negative comments.)

What you read in the paper are somtimes taken out of context.

Here is what Rush had to say about Obama's Policies failing.

Limbaugh stated that it is President Obama's policies that he wants to see fail, not the man himself. Speaking of Obama, Limbaugh said, "He's my president, he's a human being, and his ideas and policies are what count for me.

I mean come on, Obama had a trillion dollar stimulas package. I could see where Rush is coming from.

Here are Rush's accomplishments,

Since 1991, Limbaugh has had the most-listened-to radio show in the United States, with over 14 million listeners a week as of December 2008.

In 2003, he peaked with an audience of nearly 20 million a week..

If your viewpoint warrants that kind of listenership.
    I think you should challange him.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

ozzysmom Guest
    Run for office, Rush, run for office....otherwise I don't wanna hear ya.

burgtwngrl Guest
    I don't understand why people listen to him... Everyone has thier opinion but we don't go on the radio and make a living stating them... I also think he has some real wacked out views of things. He's a obsessive conservative... I don't mind free thinking but he's so in your face he shoves his views down your throat. Who can be bothered?

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    Run for office, Rush, run for office....otherwise I don't wanna hear ya.
    In order to run for office you have to be a politician.
    THere is a difference.

You just can't say want you think.
    I don't think I could ever do that.
    I don't think I could sit there nice things about some stupid trillion dollar stimulas package.

How dare someone speak out against it.
    Are you thinking about where the money is coming from?

I think Rush would have to take a pay cut too.
    He makes a lot of money with his opinion.
    I mean look a AIRAMERICA.

WHO is listening to that!
    Why does that have financial trouble?

I think some of you people should have there own Radio show and see how your opinions go over.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

burgtwngrl Guest
    Coconn04 have you forgotten that the financial collapse happened on George W. Bush's watch?

Obama inherited the problems of the worst administration in my lifetime he's trying to make the best of a bad situation. I believe making the ultra rich pay more taxes than the poor is a good thing they can afford to pay.

It seems to me the only people speaking out about President Obama is the ultra rich conservatives facing tax hikes... very one sided.

not trying to fight but it's my opinion

secretsquirrel13 Guest

BWAHAHA!!! I love you Phillie!!!

This is exactly how I feel as well, plus years ago I waited on the dude when I worked a drive thru (you gotta figure this was over 20 years ago), and he was a pompous ass then...I cannot see where he has improved any...his attitude detracts from the point he tries to make alot of times...

Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    Coconn04 have you forgotten that the financial collapse happened on George W. Bush's watch?

Obama inherited the problems of the worst administration in my lifetime he's trying to make the best of a bad situation. I believe making the ultra rich pay more taxes than the poor is a good thing they can afford to pay.

It seems to me the only people speaking out about President Obama is the ultra rich conservatives facing tax hikes... very one sided.

not trying to fight but it's my opinion

I saw an analysis the other day on the news and that Trillion Dollars Stimulas package will just add to the deficit.

More so than Bush with two wars and everthing else going on.
    I guess you won't thank Bush for keeping you free from terror attacks.

I have seen the figures for the Stimulas.
    Then of all things Obama had a fiscal responsibilty conference.
    Like I said Obama is a politician.

The guy was less than a one term Senator.
    He spent the last two years running for President.
    He never had any executive expereience doing anything.

And What!
    We can't be critical.
    Yes I can.
    Liberals will use that line ( he inherited it frm Bush line) for everything misstep Obama takes.

Since when do liberals care about deficits anyway.
    Money comes from somewhere.
    The problem is like I said Liberal is suppose to be free thinking.

Most people I have seen who call themselve that are sometimes the most narrowest minded people I know.

Just my opinion.

Look at the people accusing Rush of name calling and then go back and read the other comments.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

vandal Guest
    Oh boy here we go...For either side to say that its the others fault is rediculous. Its both of their faults, the dems because they pushed for and give loans to low income families who couldnt afford and shouldnt have been able to afford houses. Its the republicans fault for being in complete control of the government for a good 6 years, knowing darn well the path that economy was headed down and doing little if not anything to try and turn it around.

Im not entirely crazy about Obama but he is our president and I would like to have a little faith the choices he makes, he has surrounded himself with some pretty intelligent people. Sure maybe he doesnt have a ton of political experience but I could also argue that Bush didnt have a a great employment record before becoming president.

ozzysmom Guest
    Politics aside, he's a hipocrite in my book....being a drug addict and then speaking out so strongly about drug addicts, publicly. That's when I lost all respect for the man. hate to use an old line but.....he's kinda the pot calling the kettle black. i'm just sayin..

burgtwngrl Guest
    I can agree to disagree with you. I don't like that guy... it think he's a hypocrite for spouting conservative rhetoric but yet he's an addict.

Think what you like about me... I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt I can bear to listen to him beyond one minute I think he's a pompus jerk.

Don't attack people if they have views other than yours... just agree to disagree

burgtwngrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    Politics aside, he's a hipocrite in my book....being a drug addict and then speaking out so strongly about drug addicts, publicly. That's when I lost all respect for the man. hate to use an old line but.....he's kinda the pot calling the kettle black. i'm just sayin..

Yep I feel the same way he has no credability in my book

I don't love Rush or hate him. I just think he's a tool.

RubySlippers Guest

RubySlippers Guest

simon69 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    THe quotes above just highlight what I have been saying about liberals living in there own world.

The one person thought Al Franken won that Election just highlights that fact.

Again, Rush has 20 million listeners. ( I don't think he is missing the company of some of the people posting negative comments.)

What you read in the paper are somtimes taken out of context.

Here is what Rush had to say about Obama's Policies failing.

Limbaugh stated that it is President Obama's policies that he wants to see fail, not the man himself. Speaking of Obama, Limbaugh said, "He's my president, he's a human being, and his ideas and policies are what count for me.

I mean come on, Obama had a trillion dollar stimulas package. I could see where Rush is coming from.

Here are Rush's accomplishments,

Since 1991, Limbaugh has had the most-listened-to radio show in the United States, with over 14 million listeners a week as of December 2008.

In 2003, he peaked with an audience of nearly 20 million a week..

If your viewpoint warrants that kind of listenership.
    I think you should challange him.
    First, Rush has been running down anything good a Democrat is trying to do. During the Clinton years I had more money to throw around after Bill got us out of the Recession "Daddy" Bush got us into in the first place! I remember him spouting and shelling a count down watch till Clinton was out of his first term and a republican took back over, alas we had 4 more years of Bill and 4 more years of Rush berating his administration. I know he was'nt the best moral man but he cleaned up the mess the OLD man made in those post Reagen years. Plus during those Clinton years Rush made his first millions when the economy was prosper. Rush and his cohorts thrive on spewing negativity and fear in the heartland and people eat it up. As for the liberals and Air America it was hard for them to find a footing in the broadcast market during the Bush years. Oh and before I step down off my soap box, remember when you could'nt talk anything negative about Dubya or you were blacklisted as not being Patriotic and for the terrorists? Well the same applies here, Rush is UnPatriotic toward this President as is his band of merry men from CPAC!

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Oh boy here we go...For either side to say that its the others fault is rediculous. Its both of their faults, the dems because they pushed for and give loans to low income families who couldnt afford and shouldnt have been able to afford houses. Its the republicans fault for being in complete control of the government for a good 6 years, knowing darn well the path that economy was headed down and doing little if not anything to try and turn it around.

Im not entirely crazy about Obama but he is our president and I would like to have a little faith the choices he makes, he has surrounded himself with some pretty intelligent people. Sure maybe he doesnt have a ton of political experience but I could also argue that Bush didnt have a a great employment record before becoming president.

I actually blame Wall St. itself for the present situation
    I am with you about blaming politcal parties
    I don't put the blame for the present situation on either side.
    Actually I think the situation is actually international in basis too.
    WE are living in a global economy and a lot of things are not in the control of the US.

Actually you were talking about George W's employment history.
    HE did make most of his money from the minor league baseball team and George W. did have executive experience before entering politics.
    I am glad he beat Ann Richards, I never liked her.

\
    In 1988, George W Returned to Texas after working on his father's presidential campaign, Geroge W. purchased a share in the Texas Ranger baseball franchise in April 1989, where he served as managing general partner for five years.

He actively led the team's projects and regularly attended its games, often choosing to sit in the open stands with fans.
    The sale of Bush's shares in the Rangers in 1998 brought him over $15 million from his initial $800,000 investment.

Since I accused Liberals of not reading.
    I wish to remind people of that fact.

Obama has no executive experience.

WE have to be critical.
    Some people are busy 'name calling' radio hosts like Rush Limbaugh.
    I don't get it.
    People are not exposed to him until you seek him out on the radio.

I am comfortable with my opinions.

WHy do people feel so threatened?

I guess they are busy half hearing what people are saying.

Can't we all get along!

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Yeah. This thread is about Rush Limbaugh not Obama or George W. They have their own threads. Can't imagine anyone with any view on either one of them not knowing they exist here, in fact, LOL. In other words, please take the GW vs. TheO convo into those threads where it belongs and not in this one. Thanks. We don't need another thread derailed by that.