Page 1 of 16 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh

Chunga Guest

Rush Limbaugh

Ultra-Conservative radio commentator Rush Limbaugh, 57, has signed a $400 million contract to keep his talk show on the air through 2016. Mr. Limbaugh, whose show is heard by nearly 20 million people a week on 600 radio stations, says the deal breaks down to $38 million a year plus a $100 million signing bonus.
    He also says he will not retire until everybody thinks like him. Sorry folks. This one will be my fault. I will never, ever think like this bloated wind bag. I know it's been said a million times, but I listened to his show on roughly 20 different occasions, partially I will admit, and found nothing appealing about this divisive moron. Just think how much hillbilly heroin this kind of money can buy. Does he do any charitable work?

Well he's certainly not hypocritical, annoying, arrogant, or tasteless at all now is he?
    Can't stand that guy; never have been able to, never will.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

Elizabeth Guest

Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Chunga View Post
    Ultra-Conservative radio commentator Rush Limbaugh, 57, has signed a $400 million contract to keep his talk show on the air through 2016. Mr. Limbaugh, whose show is heard by nearly 20 million people a week on 600 radio stations, says the deal breaks down to $38 million a year plus a $100 million signing bonus.
    He also says he will not retire until everybody thinks like him. Sorry folks. This one will be my fault. I will never, ever think like this bloated wind bag. I know it's been said a million times, but I listened to his show on roughly 20 different occasions, partially I will admit, and found nothing appealing about this divisive moron. Just think how much hillbilly heroin this kind of money can buy. Does he do any charitable work?

He ain't worth two cents, in my book....

He is just the non-politician version of Jesse Helms--just more slick.....I can't stand that this man still walks the face of the earth....

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Why anyone would pay that much to this blowhard fucktard is beyond me.

Forever-27 Guest
    Hmm the guys been on the radio since the middle 1980s. Hes got a faithful clientlle that listen to his program daily. No way to justify his bankrolls tho. Ill listen to his show from time to time, not alot though since im at work when hes on. Ill listen to Sean Hannity since hes on while im driving home from work.

Chunga Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Hmm the guys been on the radio since the middle 1980s. Hes got a faithful clientlle that listen to his program daily. No way to justify his bankrolls tho. Ill listen to his show from time to time, not alot though since im at work when hes on. Ill listen to Sean Hannity since hes on while im driving home from work.
    Hannity is an even bigger dick tard. Hannity's America is not where I care to live.

Both in the same place at the same time! Quick! Somebody get a hand grenade!

(Notice Ann Coulters Adams Apple)
    Last edited by Chunga; 07-04-2008 at 04:17 PM.

Chunga Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    He ain't worth two cents, in my book....

He is just the non-politician version of Jesse Helms--just more slick.....I can't stand that this man still walks the face of the earth....
    This just in! Jesse Helms is finally dead!

Adiposeur Guest
    Just think, if he's pulling in $400 million, he's got to making at least that much for the people that own his show/station/contract. They wouldn't be paying him that kind of dough if the profit margin weren't high.

Chunga Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiposeur View Post
    Just think, if he's pulling in $400 million, he's got to making at least that much for the people that own his show/station/contract. They wouldn't be paying him that kind of dough if the profit margin weren't high.
    I don't care how much money he makes for himself or the people he works for! It's how he goes about it.

Curtis Radiohead Guest

With that kind of spending cash, he can be fucked up on OxyContin for a long while!

I have never liked this guy. I was hoping his "drug bust" was going to be the end of it, and then he snags a $400 million contract! TO TALK HIS CRAP ON THE AIR! I work my ass off for $80,000 a year, and this chump walks into fabulous wealth!

I am going to go cry now...

Adiposeur Guest
    I don't care how much money he makes for himself or the people he works for! It's how he goes about it.

I was just putting it perspective. I don't listen to Rush or care for his style. People are rightly gobsmacked at the amount he's getting. Imagine what he's pulling in the people who sign his checks though.

Chunga Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiposeur View Post
    I was just putting it perspective. I don't listen to Rush or care for his style. People are rightly gobsmacked at the amount he's getting. Imagine what he's pulling in the people who sign his checks though.
    I understand your point. It has to be a phenomenal amount of cash. Illgotten gains as far as I'm concerned.

Forever-27 Guest
    Howard Stern is the only radio personality that makes more then rush does. Stern pulls in 550 million per year for ( taking into account hes been on Sirius maybe 3 years now ) a 5 year contract. And Howard is on satalite radio so hes got no sponsors. I listen to alot of Howard Stern also BTW.

Noelle Page Guest
    Gee....I've been a lib and a conservative at different times, on different issues, and I like to hear both sides....but what saddens me these days is angry intolerance....that's not what "classic" liberalism is supposed to be about....like it or not, we have a market economy and if people get paid a lot of money for what they do, good for them I say. That's what's great about America, don't you see? The market will support what it will support. If lots of people listened to Al Franken, he'd get the big payday too.

Ok, flog away. :-)

hoxharding Guest
    Until everyone thinks like him? That is all sorts of wrong right in that statement.
    I find him to be a bombastic,egotistical man who should not be allowed to speak for such money. (in other words, I don't like him)

Ron Burgundy Guest
    I know it's been said a million times, but I listened to his show on roughly 20 different occasions, partially I will admit, and found nothing appealing about this divisive moron.
    You call him a moron? He just negotiated a $400 mil deal, and you......?

Yet another political diatribe by our forums gatekeeper.

And no, I don't listen to him, but your run-on towards him is ridiculous at best.
    Well done sir.
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 07-04-2008 at 05:38 PM.

Chunga Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Who's the moron here? He just negotiated a $400 mil deal, and you......?

Yet another political diatribe by our forums gatekeeper.

And no, I don't listen to him, but your run-on towards him is ridiculous at best.
    Well done sir.
    Outrageous! Political? What did I say about politics? I said he is a divisive, drug addicted, hypocrite. Maybe if you took the time to listen to him, you would know why people are so upset with him. I don't believe for one second you have never listened to him.90% of that article was a cut and paste job. It seems I struck some sort of nerve here. At least I admit I've listened to him good friend! And I just wondered if he helps the needy. That's all. Jeez. Why is it ridiculous to be outraged about this kind of money being payed to one person? And I take great exception to you calling me a moron. I slap you in the face with my glove. Get off my back. Now that's a diatribe.

Last edited by Chunga; 07-04-2008 at 05:58 PM.

MorbidMolly Guest
    ........rut roh Shaggy.......I smell smoke......

STRAIGHT Guest
    Lindbaugh is a real ass and that is being very kind to him. Not only is he a drug addict he is also a Vietnam War draft dodger. I can't stand that guy. I hate extremests on both side but especially on the right. Guys like him and Cheaney and Bush, two other cowardly draft dodgers make me extremely angry for the war and all of the lies and corruption that they have let happen on their watch. These guys make Nixon look like F.D.R. in comparison.

Forever-27 Guest
    Whats disturbing to me was the statement about ann coulter having an adams apple has nothing to do with anything here. . I dont judge people by how they look or anything else about them, except their charector myself. That statement you made is disturbing to me.

Chunga wrote :

" Hannity is an even bigger dick tard. Hannity's America is not where I care to live.

(Notice Ann Coulters Adams Apple) "
    Last edited by Forever-27; 07-04-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Chunga Guest
    Whats disturbing to me was the statement about ann coulter having an adams apple has nothing to do with anything here. . I dont judge people by how they look or anything else about them, except their charector myself. That statement you made is disturbing to me.

Chunga wrote :

" Hannity is an even bigger dick tard. Hannity's America is not where I care to live.

Would you like me to post some of the crap she has said? The Adams Apple crack pales in comparison to what she has said.

Democrats always assure us that deterrence will work, but when the time comes to deter, they're against it.
    Ann Coulter

Democrats couldn't care less if people in Indiana hate them. But if Europeans curl their lips, liberals can't look at themselves in the mirror.
    Ann Coulter

I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know.
    Ann Coulter

I love to engage in repartee with people who are stupider than I am.
    Ann Coulter

I'm not going to be lectured to.
    Ann Coulter

I've decided to cut out the part of the speech where I say anything nice about Democrats.
    Ann Coulter

If John Kerry had a dollar for every time he bragged about serving in Vietnam - oh wait, he does.
    Ann Coulter

If we're so cruel to minorities, why do they keep coming here? Why aren't they sneaking across the Mexican border to make their way to the Taliban?
    Ann Coulter

Liberal soccer moms are precisely as likely to receive anthrax in the mail as to develop a capacity for linear thinking.
    Ann Coulter

Liberals are stalwart defenders of civil liberties - provided we're only talking about criminals.
    Ann Coulter

Liberals become indignant when you question their patriotism, but simultaneously work overtime to give terrorists a cushion for the next attack and laugh at dumb Americans who love their country and hate the enemy.
    Ann Coulter

Taxes are like abortion, and not just because both are grotesque procedures supported by Democrats. You're for them or against them. Taxes go up or down; government raises taxes or lowers them. But Democrats will not let the words "abortion" or "tax hikes" pass their lips.
    Ann Coulter

The Democrats have no actual policy proposals of their own unless constant carping counts as a policy.
    Ann Coulter

The New York Times editorial page is like a Ouija board that has only three answers, no matter what the question. The answers are: higher taxes, more restrictions on political speech and stricter gun control.
    Ann Coulter

The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount.
    Ann Coulter

They've hit us and we've got to hit back hard, and I'm not just talking about the terrorists.
    Ann Coulter

Usually the nonsense liberals spout is kind of cute, but in wartime their instinctive idiocy is life-threatening.
    Ann Coulter

We don't want someone who will get 98 percent of the vote. We want someone who will get 51 percent of the vote.
    Ann Coulter

We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war.
    Ann Coulter

We've finally given liberals a war against fundamentalism, and they don't want to fight it. They would, except it would put them on the same side as the United States.
    Ann Coulter

When we were at peace, Democrats wanted to raise taxes. Now there's a war, so Democrats want to raise taxes. When there was a surplus, Democrats wanted to raise taxes. Now that there is a mild recession, Democrats want to raise taxes.
    Ann Coulter

Whenever a liberal begins a statement with 'I don't know which is more frightening,' you know the answer is going to be pretty clear.
    Ann Coulter

Whether they are defending the Soviet Union or bleating for Saddam Hussein, liberals are always against America. They are either traitors or idiots, and on the matter of America's self-preservation, the difference is irrelevant.
    Ann Coulter

While the form of treachery varies slightly from case to case, liberals always manage to take the position that most undermines American security.
    Ann Coulter

Chunga Guest

Part II

"If I'm going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

"I was going to have a few comments about John Edwards but you have to go into rehab if you use the word faggot." --at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference

"I'm more of a man than any liberal."

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband's deaths so much." -on 9/11 widows who have been critical of the Bush administration

"We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee. That's just a joke, for you in the media."

"Liberals love America like O.J. loved Nicole."

"There are a lot of bad republicans; there are no good democrats."

"We need to execute people like (John Walker Lindh) in order to physically intimidate liberals."

"Whether they are defending the Soviet Union or bleating for Saddam Hussein, liberals are always against America. They are either traitors or idiots."

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity."

"Liberals are stalwart defenders of civil liberties -- provided we're only talking about criminals."

"The New York Times editorial page is like a Ouija board that has only three answers, no matter what the question. The answers are: higher taxes, more restrictions on political speech and stricter gun control."

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

"Usually the nonsense liberals spout is kind of cute, but in wartime their instinctive idiocy is life-threatening."

"We've finally given liberals a war against fundamentalism, and they don't want to fight it. They would, except it would put them on the same side as the United States."

"If John Kerry had a dollar for every time he bragged about serving in Vietnam -- oh wait, he does."

"Press passes can't be that hard to come by if the White House allows that old Arab Helen Thomas to sit within yards of the President."

"The swing voters -- I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster."

Chunga Guest

Chunga wrote :

Don't speak of what ye not know.

STRAIGHT Guest
    It always amazed me when I would see her on T.V. in an interview and listened to her angry, miserable rants. She's one arrogant sunt if you know what I mean.

ceege Guest
    Ann Coulter is a parsimonious bitch IMO

Any ever read Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot by Al Frankin? Hilarious.
    http://www.nndb.com/people/428/000022362/
    http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1895
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200502180006
    The man repeatedly preposes falsehoods as facts. He is also a hypocrite many times over from his stated views on prosecution of drug users and and welfare recipiants. He is unabashed about making downright rude and hostile comments towards large segments of society and people who disagree with him. The one factor that disturbs me the most about him is that I find him totally insincere in his statements. I dont think he really believes most of the bs he passes along.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    Limbaugh is literally a Fat Bastard lol

I also thought the ubiquitous Rush is Right bumper stickers were horrid. Even worde were the "Ditto Rush" stickers appropriated by his legions. I always interpreted those as someone saying, "I have no mind of my own I will let someone else make my thoughts for me".
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

ceege Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Any ever read Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot by Al Frankin? Hilarious.
    http://www.nndb.com/people/428/000022362/
    http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1895
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200502180006
    The man repeatedly preposes falsehoods as facts. He is also a hypocrite many times over from his stated views on prosecution of drug users and and welfare recipiants. He is unabashed about making downright rude and hostile comments towards large segments of society and people who disagree with him. The one factor that disturbs me the most about him is that I find him totally insincere in his statements. I dont think he really believes most of the bs he passes along.
    Al Franken is very accurate regarding Rush Limbaugh. It is amazing to me that anyone listens to RL especially after the nonsense regarding his drug addiction. How this fool holds any credibility is beyond me. I think that most of what spews from his mouth is deliberately meant to be inflammatory apart from what he personally believes. It's all his radio schtick. What's scary to me is that he makes money doing this and actually has an audience hanging on his every word and whether he believes what he's saying, THEY do. A moron making money off a bunch of sheep. IMO

Chunga Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I also thought the ubiquitous Rush is Right bumper stickers were horrid. Even worde were the "Ditto Rush" stickers appropriated by his legions. I always interpreted those as someone saying, "I have no mind of my own I will let someone else make my thoughts for me".
    When i used to listen to Howard Stern, they would say, "mega dildo's"

corncountychoppr Guest
    This is another sickening story along with the Brooke Bennett one

Rush is a hypocrite who preaches that hate and greed are virtues.
    I hope he chokes on his big fat paycheck.

We caught a glimpse of what his type of conservativism considers
    the ideal world ..when they raided the Jeffs cult in Texas
    That was your conservative 1940s era utopia ..women ..non educated..subordinate
    and making skirts ..baking bread..waiting to be bred by forceful means.

Its always the extremist views like his that wont compromise and
    believe that everyone should think as they do..that get us into wars.
    Thank God ..most of America doesnt believe his CRAP

Cathy J. Guest

Despite his contract I have a feeling Rush won't be doing his usual radio show 5 years from now. Either he will quit all together and take his money elsewhere or perhaps going the Stern route..satellite only.

Many radio stations and networks are having serious money troubles right now as many listeners are going elsewhere ( satellite, Ipods, internet, etc...). Anyway back to Rush...when I was in radio I have always heard this rumor that Rush is nowhere as conservative as he makes himself out to be on the air. That wouldn't surprise me if that were to be true. In my hometown we had a local radio talk show who on the air he would be this "Mr. Conservative" but off the air..he was about liberal as one could be BUT he knew the local audience and they wanted conservative talk so he put on an act to cater to them. And it worked !! Could be the case with Rush. I am pretty sure its the case with another talk show host/ former movie critic Michael Medved. Back in the 80's and early 90s he had a few books out and those books didn't at all show his "right-wing" side so either what he does now is an act ( to copy Rush perhaps? ) or he made a 180 in recent years.

BTW..Rush Limbaugh was a very good rock jock though. Many people in Pittsburgh may remember him as Jeff Christie on KQV-AM back in the early 70's. And some of those terms he has been using on his talk show, well he was using them on KQV back then too such as "dittos".
    Last edited by Cathy J.; 07-04-2008 at 09:33 PM.

Chunga Guest
    He also worked in the Kansas City Royals P.R. department and called games for them. At least that's what I have been told. I refuse to Wiki this clown or do any research on my own.

Seagorath Guest
    Just another sign of our "evil system" at work. Hopefully he'll choke and die on a cheeseburger soon...

Elizabeth Guest

Rush, Rush, Go Away....

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    Despite his contract I have a feeling Rush won't be doing his usual radio show 5 years from now. Either he will quit all together and take his money elsewhere or perhaps going the Stern route..satellite only.
    Or, God forbid, he will try and take political office with all those ill-gotten gains...

Chunga Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Or, God forbid, he will try and take political office with all those ill-gotten gains...
    Never. He is not as smart as he pretends to be. Just a shill for the Republican Party. They give him his marching orders and he broadcasts it to the masses.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    I refuse to Wiki this clown or do any research on my own.

That's painfully obvious.

blah blah blah blah blah

Bet you have the sharpest axe on the block
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 07-05-2008 at 08:06 AM.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Howard Stern is the only radio personality that makes more then rush does. Stern pulls in 550 million per year for ( taking into account hes been on Sirius maybe 3 years now ) a 5 year contract. And Howard is on satalite radio so hes got no sponsors. I listen to alot of Howard Stern also BTW.

Howard does have sponsors. They run commercials in big clumps. He is the only channel on Sirius that does have advertising, IIRC.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jefestone View Post
    rotflmao!!!

ceege Guest
    I have to disagree. Chunga has a very accurate perception of Rush Limbaugh despite not researching him. RL's actions pretty much speak loudly and clearly for all see.

Chunga Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    That's painfully obvious.

blah blah blah blah blah

Bet you have the sharpest axe on the block
    Aren't u the guy that says he never listens to him? Odd you can make personal remarks and insults to me since u have less of a knowledge of him than I. Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.

Last edited by Chunga; 07-05-2008 at 09:00 AM.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Rushie made himself deaf by overuse of Hillbilly Heroin. Then he used his ensuing deafness and cochlear implant surgery to garner publicity. Sends his maid out to purchase oxy with a cigar box full of money, but fist pounds about drug users/sellers. All the rules apply to everyone but Fatty McButterpants.

http://dir.salon.com/story/news/feat...ugs/index.html

Oct 7, 2003 | When Rush Limbaugh announced two years ago that he had suddenly gone deaf, he was uncharacteristically circumspect about the possible cause. "There is a theory as to what's happening," Limbaugh told his listeners in October 2001, "but I'm going to keep that to myself. It's not genetic. There's something more going on than that."
    Was the "something more" Limbaugh's abuse of painkillers?

The New York Daily News reported last week that Limbaugh is under investigation for buying "thousands of addictive pain killers from a black-market drug ring." Relying heavily on a story that first appeared in the National Enquirer, the Daily News reported that Limbaugh's former housekeeper claims to have supplied him with massive quantities of OxyContin, Lorcet and hydrocodone between 1998 and 2002.
    Lorcet -- which, like Vicodin, is a mixture of hydrocodone and acetaminophen -- has been linked to sudden and profound hearing loss in patients who misuse or abuse the drug. First in 1999 and then more forcefully in the summer of 2001, physicians at the House Ear Clinic in Los Angeles warned doctors and consumers of a "possible correlation between permanent hearing loss" and hydrocodone-acetaminophen combinations such as Lorcet and Vicodin.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Rush is fat. nearly 60 and smokes. Oh yeah, a company that sells prime super fat beef is one of his sponsors.
    We should put him into the "how long do you have left?" calculator- bet it's not until 2016.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    Rush is fat. nearly 60 and smokes. Oh yeah, a company that sells prime super fat beef is one of his sponsors.
    We should put him into the "how long do you have left?" calculator- bet it's not until 2016.
    He`s a facist pig........I`ll send him a carton of ciggs. along with a side of beef if it helps rid the world of his pompous ass any sooner.....and yes, I mean that.......( I`m not getting off my Vicoden though )

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Good Lord, do not waste any pharmecuticals on the lard ass!

Chunga Guest
    Good find Doll! he's such a tool. Isn't he?

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by newyorkdoll View Post
    good lord, do not waste any pharmecuticals on the lard ass!

lmaoooooooo......sweet........

NewYorkDoll Guest

HAHAHAHA.....sounds to me like your a bit jealous.