Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elton John

discod Guest
    the Drewitt-Barlows................dont even get me started on those two!

Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post

Like Sir Elton's son Zachary, the Drewitt-Barlows' first babies - twins Aspen and Saffron - were born to a surrogate mother in California.
    Please, God, not Debbie Rowe again.
    Cindy

I'm not sure what to think of these two. I think they're being a little self-serving, they're a little old for first time parenthood, imo. I read somewhere that they intend to be "hands on" but let's be realistic, shall we? If they were younger, then I would be ecstatic for them.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

They are pretty old....but you never know. Lots of kids these days end up raised by their grandparents and do ok. My grandmother raised my cousin after my aunt died in childbirth, and lived to see my cousins kids graduate from high school. So who knows? Hopefully they will do well, and I hope they truly are hands-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachamama View Post
    They are pretty old....but you never know. Lots of kids these days end up raised by their grandparents and do ok. My grandmother raised my cousin after my aunt died in childbirth, and lived to see my cousins kids graduate from high school. So who knows? Hopefully they will do well, and I hope they truly are hands-on.
    Grandparents, at the very least, have had experience raising children.
    Something tells me that this is something Elton's partner wanted more than Elton himself and Elton just went along with it.

BY the way, a bit of trivia.

Levon" is a song written and recorded by Elton John with lyrics written by Bernie Taupin

Elton John and his Civil Partner, David Furnish, named their son "Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John". He was born on Christmas Day.

Seems a bit of a coincident.

Lyrics

He was born a pauper to a pawn on a Christmas day
    When the New York Times said God is dead
    And the war's begun
    Alvin Tostig has a son today

And he shall be Levon
    And he shall be a good man
    And he shall be Levon
    In tradition with the family plan
    And he shall be Levon
    And he shall be a good man
    He shall be Levon
    Last edited by coconn04; 12-29-2010 at 10:14 AM.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

I can't imagine a diva like Elton changing a diaper. After the photo shoots are done he'll hand the kid to the nanny and go on his merry way.

Starstruck Guest
    I hope it all works out : - ) But I just can't see Elton walking the halls with a screaming baby night after day after night. I'd have happily given my second son (the baby from hell ) for Elton try out that would have put off babies for life!!! LOL But now I wouldn't trade my 17 year old baby for all the rice in China.

Elton and David agree to never reveal the baby's father.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oG7n2Vtx...secret_1191977
    Wanna see my grandkids?

1karenhb Guest
    I think he is too old too.

Well, it is not like he actually has to conceive and give birth - either one of them.

I can't imagine being 50-60 + when my child was born; I landed on the "other side" of old, was quite young and still able to bring much energy to the times and relationship with my son.

I was once asked if we were brothers, for God's sake.

Hopefully, they want a child for the right reasons; there is no greater responsibilty to be had than molding the perspectives of a young one, and no greater duty to be done than delivering that young one to healthy, balanced adulthood.

Diapers and all...
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Sounds like another little prince in the making: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...xury-flat.html

with the baby being raised by the nannies and rolled out for appearances. Sad

Ladies and gentlemen....introducing Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John!

In the new issue of Us Weekly (out Wednesday), Sir Elton John and David Furnish share first-ever photos of their beautiful baby son, who was born on Christmas Day.

In an exclusive interview, just ten days after Zachary's birth, the couple invited Us Weekly inside their Los Angeles home to share their remarkable journey.

John, 63, and Furnish, 48, speak candidly about the birth of their first child.

"I've never felt anything like it in my life," the music legend tells Us of holding their son for the first time. "You're so awestruck. What can you say? You take it in. The feeling, the joy, the warmth of his body, his breathing...I will never forget that experience ever."

Adds film producer Furnish: "He's a content little guy...He just loves to be nurtured, cuddled, and sung to."

The couple of 17 years also discuss how they will never give up on Ukrainian orphan Lev, 2, and his HIV-positive brother Artyom, four.

John and Furnish are donating all proceeds from the licensing of these photos to their chosen charities
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Quote Originally Posted by Starstruck View Post
    I hope it all works out : - ) But I just can't see Elton walking the halls with a screaming baby night after day after night.
    I think this is where the 'help' comes in. Personally I think he is too old to be adopting.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

I agree they are pretty old....but not that much older than John Travolta (56) and Kelly Preston (48)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachamama View Post
    I agree they are pretty old....but not that much older than John Travolta (56) and Kelly Preston (48)
    At least they have had some parenting experience with an older sister to help.
    I can't imagine just starting to have kids at that age and knowing how to handle things.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

http://thedailywh.at/post/2942088490...y-a-harps-food

Think Of The Children of the Day: A Harps Food Store in Mountain Home, Arkansas, shields its delicate young patrons from the corrupting horror that is Elton John and partner David Furnish showing off their baby Zachary on the cover of Us Weekly.
    Dear Harps: This makes you look really bad. Just thought you should know.
    [jmg.]
    UPDATE: Apparently the shields have been taken down following a vigorous Twitter campaign. The Internet is on a roll today!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

FannyB1923 Guest
    EJ is in the news for saying he's fed up with being treated as a 'second class citizen' in the US......
    I wish to point out to Elton that he's free to return to the UK any old time he wants.\\\

It torques me when Elton and lately Paul McCartney comment in the press about US politics. If they feel that strongly about it, then they should become citizens.

I wouldn't go to Britain and badmouth Parliament or the Queen.

mstee2u1972 Guest
    I was in the grocery store checkout line this morning and overheard a lady in front of me commenting about the US magazine photo of Elton and family. She said "Elton John & his boyfriend are wrong to have that baby. They are crazy!"

Normally, I don't pay ignorant people any attention, but this comment pissed me off....why? Because a lot of people are against gay people from the word go simply because they are gay. I personally see nothing wrong with this man and his partner adopting/having a baby. I would much rather see a wealthy gay man raise a child and love & give him all of the advantages he can vs. yet another single mother having yet another child she can't afford and then becoming a burden to taxpayers. Or another neglected dead child who will wind up as a statistic and a story in Other Deaths in the News section on FAD.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post

http://thedailywh.at/post/2942088490...y-a-harps-food

Think Of The Children of the Day: A Harps Food Store in Mountain Home, Arkansas, shields its delicate young patrons from the corrupting horror that is Elton John and partner David Furnish showing off their baby Zachary on the cover of Us Weekly.
    Dear Harps: This makes you look really bad. Just thought you should know.
    [jmg.]
    UPDATE: Apparently the shields have been taken down following a vigorous Twitter campaign. The Internet is on a roll today!

i live in the south and they put those screens up over ALL the tabloids at the supermarket. Playboy, Penthouse, etc. are only at convenience stores and behind the counter. that's how they roll here

good job US Weekly, turning it into a scandal, and getting press for it.

some nitwit started this whole *outrage* on the twitters, it was getting retweeted like crazy with a number to call the store in question and complain....

i personally think the screens are stupid, but it's not like the elton cover was singled out. every tabloid has a screen in front of it. no matter what the story/pic or headline.

Rush Limbaugh — yes, that Rush Limbaugh — was among the first to congratulate gay icon Elton John in December when the rocker welcomed a baby-boy born through a surrogate!

Excuse me?

Rush Limbaugh, the Conservative radio talker who makes gay marriage the punchline of jokes, is googoo-gaga over Sir Elton “making” a baby?

Rush Limbaugh-Elton John bromance continues

Sure seems that way, and it’s what the singer of Candle in the Wind told Rolling Stone magazine (on the stands Friday) in an interview in which he talks about his relationship with Palm Beach’s second most famous resident (after Rod Stewart).

“He (Limbaugh) was one of the first people to congratulate us on the baby,” John told the music magazine. “Us” means John and his partner, David Furnish.
    John also explained his controversial decision to play Limbaugh’s wedding last June at The Breakers in Palm Beach, saying he first thought Limbaugh’s request was a joke.

“I could not believe when I was asked to play,” he says. “I thought it was a joke. I had dialogue with him before and he said, ‘I’m not anti-gay, I want you to come, bring David.’

John, however, has a request that could get Limbaugh into hot water with his extreme right base.

“My goal is for Rush to say, ‘I support civil partnerships,’” John added. “and if I rang him right now, I think he might agree.”

Limbaugh didn’t respond to a request for comment. While Limbaugh has never been clearly anti-gay, he opposes gay marriage.

“They seek to impose their perverted views, their depraved views on family and marriage,” he once thundered on the radio. “Nobody’s denying anybody the right to get married. Marriage? There’s a definition of it, for it. It means something. Marriage is a union of a man and a woman . . . This is about destroying an institution.”

http://www.page2live.com/2011/02/02/...nce-continues/

Edna St. Vincent Millay

The baby looks like Elton. If the kid starts to play piano in a couple of years, I would say it his.

Elton John has spoken of his unbridled joy at becoming a first-time father at 63. But this picture really tells the story.

In this new photo, the legendary British musician is seen grinning from ear to ear as he holds his son Zachary, who will be two months old on Friday.

John and his partner, David Furnish, welcomed Zachary, via a surrogate, on Christmas Day and having been dividing up the parenting duties ever since. "I knew it would be incredible," John said recently, "but honestly I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been so shocked. I'm like a gibbering wreck in front of him."
    http://www.people.com/people/article...468386,00.html

Edna St. Vincent Millay

JudyAnn Guest
    What a beautiful, cute baby! Oh my gosh! I can understand why Elton's a "gibbering wreck in front of him." I think I'd never put that baby down - I'd squish him with hugs.

Elton John To Find Out Son's Real Father

Sir Elton John plans to find out which of he or his husband David Furnish is the biological father of their son Zachary.

Sir Elton John has announced he will find out who his son's biological father is.
    The 'Rocket Man' singer and his husband David Furnish became parents to four-month-old Zachary Jackson Levon through a surrogate mother on Christmas Day (25.12.10) and at first insisted they didn't want to know which of them was his real dad.
    However, the 64-year-old star has now decided to carry out a DNA test in case Zachary ever needs to know who he is blood-related to for medical reasons.
    Elton told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Zac will have to know for his medical records. If it's David, I'd be very proud. It wouldn't matter to me - and vice versa."
    He also revealed that the anonymous woman who carried his son sends the family her breast milk via air mail company FedEx.
    Soon after Zachary was born, a friend of David's said the couple didn't plan to find out who was the biological father so the little boy would grow up to see his two parents as equals.
    They said: "He and Elton made a pact that they are equal parents - no one will ever know who the biological father is."
    However, Elton reportedly admitted that he hopes to be the one who shares his son's blood, although he would also be happy if David was Zac's real father.
    Another friend added: "Elton was clear he wanted his bloodline to continue but also took on board advice that a younger man may be a more appropriate donor. It is a very complicated arrangement - but one forged by love."
    http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...father_1214892

Edna St. Vincent Millay

DonnaMc Guest
    I guess I'd want to know too!

Quote Originally Posted by mstee2u1972 View Post
    Normally, I don't pay ignorant people any attention, but this comment pissed me off....why? Because a lot of people are against gay people from the word go simply because they are gay. I personally see nothing wrong with this man and his partner adopting/having a baby. I would much rather see a wealthy gay man raise a child and love & give him all of the advantages he can vs. yet another single mother having yet another child she can't afford and then becoming a burden to taxpayers. Or another neglected dead child who will wind up as a statistic and a story in Other Deaths in the News section on FAD.
    I definitely agree. I'm tired of seeing these single mothers who can barely control their massive brood. What are they trying to start their own country? Elton is FAR more qualified to care for this child than many of the "parents" I see on a daily basis. And too old? Not from what I saw last year when he came to Lubbock. Dude was jumping off the piano and performing like crazy for 3+ hours nonstop. He acts way younger than me, that's for sure.

I'm happy for him, I think that kid is going to be just fine.

Cool What's Your Favorite Elton John Song?

As most people who know me know, I'm a huge fan of Sir Elton John. I've seen 51 concerts, and know enough useless trivia to fill (well, to fill my strange little mind!)

Today, March 25, 2017, ELTON JOHN TURNS 70 years old!

I saw this -- not a journal page, but sort of a note -- about what he'd done one day back in 1969. He wrote how it was an "uninteresting" sort of day; he'd visited a friend, eaten some eggs at home, and (almost as an afterthought) "wrote 'Your Song.'"
    That first effort of his and Bernie Taupin's wound up in Billboards Top Ten, and an incredible 66 more songs were to follow, 15 of them landing in the coveted number-one spot.

He founded the Elton John AIDS Foundation, which has to date raised over $200 million to help those living with HIV and to help find a cure. Through education and early detection some countries he's worked with have seen the number of AIDS deaths cut by 2/3, and that was last year's report. It hasn't wiped out the disease, but it's working.

He and his husband David Furnish have two sons, Zachary (five) and Elijah (three.)
    And he's still touring; I know this from a ticket stub from last Spring... it's stuck in a picture here somewhere (I was sick, so I missed concert #52 - damnitall.)

I think my favorite song of his is "Ticking" which is off an album called "Caribou" (1974) and is about the anger inside us all, certainly the kind of anger inside Eric Harris and Dylan Kleibold that horrible day at Columbine in Colorado. (Lyrics below.)

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eltonjohn/ticking.html

Got a favorite Elton tune?
    I ask a lot of people this (I have no idea why, but I do) and I'm always surprised to hear "Goodbye Norma Jean." Not that it isn't good, just... not as mainstream as I'd figure they'd guess.
    Best answer I ever got: "None. If I name one, it's cutting the others short."
    Worst answer I ever got: "Piano Man." (Nothing wrong with Piano Man, and Billy Joel would be flattered!)

So.... got a favorite?

And HAPPY 70th BIRTHDAY TO REG DWIGHT, AKA SIR ELTON JOHN! May he have many, many more!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elton.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	54206  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Then you knew we have had a thread about Elton.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Then you knew we have had a thread about Elton.
    I thought I was starting one! I've only read this page, but surely I've commented on it? I'll look back at one and two, but I did a search before I made the thread (or tried to make one) and there were no results.

I also Googled: FindaDeathforum Elton John and it came up with only a FAD article about Carrie Fisher.... something about needing to lose weight and saying she looked like Elton John.

So I figured it was safe to assume we didn't have one.

First post I read was about the "Drewitt Barlows" and I have no idea who they are, so maybe I haven't read this after all... it's been a minute since I've been here (I came wondering what people thought about the Delphi murders, the EJ post was an afterthought.)

So....?

ETA: Pictures of Elton and David's sons. I think they're gonna be just fine, too.
    Also: Should anything happen to their fathers? Their godmother is Lady GaGa. Take that for what you will! (TJ)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eltonfamily1.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	54212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eltonfamily2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	54213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eltonfamily3.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	54214  
    Last edited by TaupinJohn; 03-26-2017 at 04:56 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

I've been a fan since Lassie was a pup...um...1971? Loved him.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

I wish him well and hope he fully recovers. I do think it's time to hang up the keyboard. The touring life is rough. Even for those that are at the Rock God level. They don't need the money, they have to hire more and more "backup" singers because they can't hit those high notes anymore. I saw Elton on his Yellow Brick Road tour. I am quite happy with that memory and would not spoil it by seeing him now. Plus, FFS, the ticket prices!
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

zenith Guest
    I love "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road." One of the best albums ever.

Has anyone seen the new movie about him?

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    i live in the south and they put those screens up over ALL the tabloids at the supermarket. Playboy, Penthouse, etc. are only at convenience stores and behind the counter. that's how they roll here

good job US Weekly, turning it into a scandal, and getting press for it.

some nitwit started this whole *outrage* on the twitters, it was getting retweeted like crazy with a number to call the store in question and complain....

i personally think the screens are stupid, but it's not like the elton cover was singled out. every tabloid has a screen in front of it. no matter what the story/pic or headline.
    Shame on them.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    I've been a fan since Lassie was a pup...um...1971? Loved him.
    Me too, been an Elton John fan since around the early 1970s.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiame View Post
    Has anyone seen the new movie about him?
    I have. I thought it was very good and they did a great job making Taron Egerton look like him.

Sadly I see a rumor on line that Elton John is
    hiv-positive(hope i'm wrong)
    Been a fan since the 1970s.

That's awful.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    That's awful.
    True, I've been a big fan of Elton John since the early
    1970s. Seen him like 6 times live in concert.

You never know what one reads on the internet.
    (like I said before hope I got it wrong about him
    being HIV-Positive)
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 10-31-2019 at 03:33 PM.

I never liked him or his music, never appealed to me. I had seen a doc on him years ago and he came across as a diva, tantrums and all. Keith Richards had the best line, " His writing is limited to songs for dead blondes". Someone I knew had known the boyfriend years ago in Toronto at the gay bars and said even though he was nice guy he was a heavy drinker.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I remember one of his songs and the period when he was with Kiki Dee. Never a follower. I rented Rocketman on Prime Video today and couldn't watch it. The opening credits were more interesting than the beginning of that movie. I got to the place where he walks out of the therapy building following himself as a child, and thought "I'm not watching this."
    Last edited by cindyt; 11-02-2019 at 05:24 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Each to their own of course.
    No band, no backup, no machines; just the man and a piano...

A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    True, I've been a big fan of Elton John since the early
    1970s. Seen him like 6 times live in concert.

You never know what one reads on the internet.
    (like I said before hope I got it wrong about him
    being HIV-Positive)
    A couple of Blind Gossip sites have reported it also saying that he is gonna reveal it in the coming months. Whether it is true or not who knows?

Here is one of the ones I read :

342. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 10/29 **#7**
    This foreign born permanent A++ lister is about to reveal he is HIV+. Elton John

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    A couple of Blind Gossip sites have reported it also saying that he is gonna reveal it in the coming months. Whether it is true or not who knows?

Here is one of the ones I read :
    I don't think it's the same gossip site I read on line.
    But the internet( who knows whats true anymore?!)
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 11-05-2019 at 03:31 PM.