Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ruslana Korshunova jumps to her death in NYC

Lisamarie Guest
    what a shame....and to do that to your mom.....just heartbreaking..the sad thing is no one will even remeber her...there will be other models...and soon she will just be forgotten....tragic.

She may have wanted to ruin the one thing that perhaps she blamed for her problems in life - her good looks?
    That is an excellent theory.

Miss Swallow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marcel33 View Post
    I still don't get why such a beautiful girl chose such a violent way to die.

She obviously wanted the world to see what she was going through. She could have done it privately, but she chose to jump right where everyone could see--and keep seeing until she was taken away.

Avalon Guest
    Please go to RuslanaKorshunova.com and sign the petition to have the case reopened. In order for your signature to count, you MUST sign with both your first AND last names. Please also provide a valid e-mail address so you can confirm your signature.

Thanks a million!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Please go to RuslanaKorshunova.com and sign the petition to have the case reopened. In order for your signature to count, you MUST sign with both your first AND last names. Please also provide a valid e-mail address so you can confirm your signature.

Thanks a million!
    What makes you think it wasn't suicide? She tried multiple times before & wrote about it often.

Thanks a million!
    done.

lisalouver Guest

Thanks a million!
    Seriously?

Avalon Guest
    I'm not the one who started the petition. It was started by her former boyfriend, Artem Perchenok. Since I run the Ruslana Korshunova page on Facebook, he sent me a message asking that I sign it - I've also helped him promote it as an unrequested favor. All they want is for the police to look further into her death, even if it is still ruled a suicide. Artem has been quoted as saying she may have "just given up" but since there is circumstantial evidence pointing to murder... why not at least looking into it?

RaRaRamona Guest
    I'm not the one who started the petition. It was started by her former boyfriend, Artem Perchenok. Since I run the Ruslana Korshunova page on Facebook, he sent me a message asking that I sign it - I've also helped him promote it as an unrequested favor. All they want is for the police to look further into her death, even if it is still ruled a suicide. Artem has been quoted as saying she may have "just given up" but since there is circumstantial evidence pointing to murder... why not at least looking into it?
    Did I miss the evidence pointing to murder?

Avalon Guest
    It may not have been released to the press? No idea.

A-train Guest
    (Warning! This post contains attachments of a graphic nature, careful before you look!)

Note: captures are from a very low quality flash stream, but I'm sure with the people around taking photos we'll eventually see others...

It seems odd that she landed in the middle of the street jumping from that location doesn't it? *shrug* Also In the pic of her apartment window, it looks like she would've hit that awning thing below?

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by A-train View Post
    It seems odd that she landed in the middle of the street jumping from that location doesn't it? *shrug* Also In the pic of her apartment window, it looks like she would've hit that awning thing below?

I was wondering same thing -- how could her body project so far out into the street? Is that common?

John Connor Guest
    A woman jumped out the 23rd floor of where I work last year. She also landed on the street. There must be some physics at work. The body was interesting. There was some blood but mostly I thought of a grape when it is getting old. She just looked shrunken and a bit withered.

RubySlippers Guest
    eeew. that visual is hard to grasp.

Lisamarie Guest
    poor little thing Ill sighn for sure....I feel for her...and it wouldent be the first time a person was killed and made it look like a suicide. Im not saying it wasent cause I think she prolly did just kill herself...but just in case....

Lisamarie Guest
    I still wonder about securoty cameras from around the building...like anything out of the ordianry...and the pic of her little crumbled hands gets me poor thing....

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    I still wonder about securoty cameras from around the building...like anything out of the ordianry...and the pic of her little crumbled hands gets me poor thing....
    Where the hell are these pics? I have looked all over and can't find anything...

Lisamarie Guest
    they had a geraldo clip that had footage of her body being moved but I tried the link and it says video no longer available ...there are stills of her on the ground though and in one shot her little hands are kind of up and crumbledon her chest.....sad pic...

marcel33 Guest

Talking Back from the dead

Hi Guys, missed you, back after a year and a half!
    Might post some interesting tidbits, so stay tuned
    Always interesting here, feels great to be back!

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    I read an article some time ago that said that people who survive suicidal falls (by what ever miracle) regret jumping almost immediately. If only this poor girl had seen a good doctor and gotten effective treatment. Everything in life seems so hard and serious when you are 20.
    That was actually an amazing.. I believe it was a study where they interviewed everyone that lived after jumping from the golden gate bridge and found that every single person said the moment their feet left the bridge that they knew they didnt want to die and wished they hadnt jumped, they wanted to live.

That would certainly make you think that out of the ones that died at least some felt the same way.

punklove Guest
    Not sure it this has been noted but it is possible to tell if someone has been pushed off or if they jumped, they simply measure where the body falls and they are able to tell by the distance the body is from the building and the floor the person came from.

marcel33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    That was actually an amazing.. I believe it was a study where they interviewed everyone that lived after jumping from the golden gate bridge and found that every single person said the moment their feet left the bridge that they knew they didnt want to die and wished they hadnt jumped, they wanted to live.

That would certainly make you think that out of the ones that died at least some felt the same way.
    Let me share with you from my personal experience;
    I'm a survivor of a failed suicide attempt a few years ago, did'nt have to jump from very high, I had chosen death by hanging (actually a broken neck cause it's more swift) and to make a long story short, I miscalculated the hight and/ or lenght of the rope and landed on my ass on the cement floor of my garage still breathing with the rope tied tight around my neck with various aches...
    What I felt? Strange feelings indeed
    All I can tell you is I can relive the experience in my head in 3 moments;
    -the first thing I remember is before engaging, I was not afraid and was determined to go without big hesitation
    -Second yes things seemed to slow down and I wanted it to be over quick
    -third is the most mysterious moment I ever felt in my entire life, realizing I had messed up and was still alive, I remember feeling puzzled not fear, but for the life of me to this day, I can't remember if I was first glad to be alive or angry because I failed to end it.
    It is that feeling, that moment, that question, that I come back to when I experience the real negatives of life, made me realize that weather you choose life or death, nothing is easy but it's like choosing going thru 2 doors;
    one can reopen to get back in, the other once you've gone thru it locks and you're REALLY stuck on the other side
    Kinda changed my outlook on a few things...

laptop23 Guest

Ruslana Korshunova: Suicide or murder?

beautiful model killed herself .ok.
    but i read one article that NY police "dismissed" suicide theory in her case...
    really?
    i read that this model tried to kill hersels a lot times before.....

"Wonder if she had any chemicals in her system."

I heard she was a human vacuum.

marcel33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Okay and Im gonna ask..anyone have coffin picture??
    See post #187
    Last edited by marcel33; 10-04-2010 at 09:33 AM.

marcel33 Guest

After 2 years the case seems closed + something for the curious

For Lisa Marie and those who may not have seen it, there is a short video of Rustlana's funeral scene on youTube, where she is shown in her casket.

The scene is disturbing so sensitive people please abstain.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgsjMp4pnbs

After all this time the case seems closed, but take a look at her Wikipedia page and this testimony;

Muhammad Naqib, an old concierge who worked in Korshunova’s building shed some light on the model’s death. “I was shocked when I saw her on the pavement. She was on the road, small and pitiful, in a puddle of blood, surrounded by a crowd. Her arms and neck were broken,” the man said. Muhammad was immediately suspicious. “Only next day I realized what was wrong. It was her hair! It was much shorter than when I last saw her that night, lively and happy. It seemed like it was cut in a hurry since the ends were uneven.” “All I got is a polite “thank you.” But nobody called me for an interview,” said Moscow autopsist Sergey who worked on her makeup in a Moscow morgue. “The hair could fall out because of a strong impact, but it could not become shorter. When I was preparing the body for a funeral, I noticed that the hair was in a very poor condition. I even offered to find her a wig, but her relatives refused. The ends were uneven, as if someone had cut it with scissors."

For those like me who watched the video, it definetly looks like her hair has been seriously damaged maybe by herself?

Also see these 2 Russian articles;

http://www.kp.ru/daily/24131.4/351280/
    http://www.kp.ru/daily/24131/351850/

>They may be biased but can all this be bullshit?
    How doubt it...

At least she seems at peace, but quite disturbing to see such a beautiful woman go from the spotlight of the catwalks to end up like this. Makes me think that we are all so fragile after all.
    May she rest in peace.
    Last edited by marcel33; 10-04-2010 at 09:35 AM.

27. 10-01-2010, 05:17 AM

Reason
    reformat

28. 10-01-2010, 05:25 AM

29. 10-01-2010, 05:33 AM

marcel33 Guest

Other interesting reading

From magazine;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21499_ruslana1_122_657lo.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	227.0 KB 
ID:	29058   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21502_ruslana2_122_1136lo.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	340.8 KB 
ID:	29059   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21508_ruslana3_122_684lo.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	332.4 KB 
ID:	29060  
    Last edited by marcel33; 10-04-2010 at 08:55 AM.

marcel33 Guest

Other interesting reading

Elle UK December 2008 article;

Name:	ruslanaqv1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	29061   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ruslanaqv2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	225.1 KB 
ID:	29062   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ruslanaqv3.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	214.5 KB 
ID:	29063  
    Last edited by marcel33; 10-04-2010 at 09:00 AM.

marcel33 Guest

Last photos to ever be taken of Ruslana

These are the last photos to ever be taken of Ruslana.
    Please note the hair and drastic weight loss.

"These photographs exist as the last visual evidence of Ruslana Korshunova ever to be recorded. At 5:00 pm on june 27th 2008, Ruslana was photographed here in these 4 images, and less than 24 hours later was found dead outside her appartment building. Although actual details in the investigation are not clear, the press immediatly declared Ruslana's death a suicide. Her body was flown to Moscow where she was buried in Khovanskoye Cemetery on July 7th. These photographs are in memoriam of her life and are dedicated to her family."

Ph: Erik Madigan Heck

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	29065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	29066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	29067  
    Last edited by marcel33; 10-04-2010 at 09:08 AM.

rjbrasher Guest
    wow they had so much make-up and wax on her face, hardly look like her in my mind. poor woman. Ugh RIP sweety

Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    wow they had so much make-up and wax on her face, hardly look like her in my mind. poor woman. Ugh RIP sweety
    I was just coming to post this. I know in another thread here, we have discussed how waxy Russian corpses tend to look. In this case, though, I wonder how much of her waxy appearance is due to the typical Russian embalming techniques and how much may have been reconstruction from damage done from the impact.

marcel33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    I was just coming to post this. I know in another thread here, we have discussed how waxy Russian corpses tend to look. In this case, though, I wonder how much of her waxy appearance is due to the typical Russian embalming techniques and how much may have been reconstruction from damage done from the impact.
    I don't think she was embalmed in Russia, but what shocked me the most was her drastic weight loss. I had notice in the infamous fox news video that her face was very chiseled, her chin almost forming a rectangle and in the last photos I posted (taken less than 24 hours before her death), even considering the makeup, she looked very chiseled and gaunt. If you look at her modeling work trough her late career, she did'nt have the typical anorexcic size 0 body of most young models, she was a size 4 and weighted 120 pounds for a 5'9 frame which is about normal. I think she was sick, and perhaps her appearence was a reflection of what was going on inside. It disturbs me that her entourage did probably very little else than tell her she was looking good losing the weight. Her being away from her family probably did'nt help either. As for the waxy look, I can easily imagine they almost had to paint her face, because even if I'm no expert, I think a face that has experienced blunt force trauma becomes blueish in a very short time and it must be very hard to cover up the marks to make a face look presentable in a casket. If some member(s) could comment on the subject of covering the discoloration or superficial wounds on the face of a deceased person I'd be grateful. To finish I was very sad to notice they had to cover up most of her arms and hands (they were crushed) and the sight of her favorite stuffed little hippo at her side, made me cry. People that young should not die...
    Last edited by marcel33; 10-03-2010 at 01:04 AM.

OK, as someone from the mortuary biz I gotta put my two cents in. She died in NY, so she would, legally, have to be embalmed to cross state and country lines to be shipped to her native Russia. As for the waxy look, she either had trauma and had to be restored to a more dignified appearance, or the time between death, autopsy, investigation, preparations may have been long enough to play a factor. A way a face can be restored is with a special wax made for mortuaries to mold and restore injuries to the face. Any bruising would also require heavy cosmetics. As someone who has embalmed both autopsied and non autopsied people with long hair, it can easily become tangled and possible damaged in the process. Perhaps she wore extensions or a wig? Autopsied cases with long hair are especially challenging, especially having to suture the cranial incision with all those lovely locks in the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

marcel33 Guest
    Thank you Morty!

rjbrasher Guest
    thanks so much morty you rock hun. I didn't even think about extentions

RaRaRamona Guest

one can reopen to get back in, the other once you've gone thru it locks and you're REALLY stuck on the other side
    Kinda changed my outlook on a few things...
    Wow

From magazine;
    Interesting that she may have thrown a mouse over the balcony to see what happened to it.

If she was so unhappy with herself, I can see her cutting her own hair in some kind of despair before jumping.

So sad

marcel33 Guest

Sleep well Angel

The death of a beautiful woman, is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world.-Edgar Allan Poe

<<Warning death photos>>

Name:	r1a.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	29068   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R2C.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	29069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R3A.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	29070  
    Last edited by marcel33; 10-04-2010 at 09:12 AM.

marcel33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post

If she was so unhappy with herself, I can see her cutting her own hair in some kind of despair before jumping.

So sad
    As if landing on the pavement after a 9 storys fall was'nt enough...

RaRaRamona Guest
    As if landing on the pavement after a 9 storys fall was'nt enough...
    Well, yeah but someone was quoted earlier saying they thought she'd been murdered b/c of her hair being cut.

Lisamarie Guest
    The pics of her in the coffin are weird...I am so fasinated with just the emptiness of her...I dont know what to think...her hair dose look shorter and it is a little odd she was known as repunzel because of her hair, and its cut oddly...I just wonder why she did it? Or did she ....

rjbrasher Guest
    maybe she cracked from the pressure of the modeling industry. Ruslana you must keep your weight at 102, you need to have you hair like this, or this color, omg Ruslana is that a split end? ..etc she probably was like ya know what fuck you, fuck this, and chop chop chop. then when she realize what she did, she was like omg

was there anything said about her mood that day or the days before she did it?
    Last edited by rjbrasher; 10-04-2010 at 06:27 AM.

marcel33 Guest

Add to post #177

Last page

Name:	21514_ruslana4_122_1105lo.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	328.8 KB 
ID:	29064  

marcel33 Guest

Add to post #187

Pictures

Name:	R0.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	29071   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R4.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	29072  

On a weird note it is amazing what morticians can do. You'd think a 9 story fall would equal immediate closed casket. While she doesn't look fantastic I'm sure she looks a lot better than she did on the pavement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

marcel33 Guest

Pictures

Hi guys, I reposted all images from a host site instead of here because hosted here they were to small and unreadable, you can now if you want download them and they will be big enough.

See posts #177 - 178 - 179 - 187 - 192 - 193
    Last edited by marcel33; 10-04-2010 at 09:29 AM.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I was able to read them.

marcel33 Guest
    Ok, Thanks RARA

deathface Guest
    marcel what magazine did that article you posted why did she kill herself come from?

as far as her death, we can speculate, wonder, why, but really the fact she is gone, and wether murder, wether you think a great show, as in the middle of the sidewalk, even so, she was a great human being, I have seen many people die, why , for when people are dieing they have a face , and also to see them struggle, to see them wail, to see them fight, yeah so I put the challange to you watch people die...and see what you really think...and when they look at you and dont see you and there eyes turn white, and they are spasming yeah watch that...ruslana is missed by by me, her death is ..well it is ..and we will never know.. and the truth is its not our rite, for the people who loved her, her family and her friends she is always with them.

it kinda sucks but at the same time, I mean with people on there way out, ( nursing homes) its like they just look rite through you, its totally changed my opioion, also well I tried to kill myself and when you are there its sooooooo peaceful, then hate to be like spiritual and stuiff this really loud noise said NO!! and I had to come back, and you hear things like it wasnt your time, now I do beleve this so when its your time, its your time and theres nothing you can do about it.
    Last edited by deathface; 05-30-2011 at 10:27 AM.

I forgot about this one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

British TV producer and filmmaker Peter Pomerantsev has theorised that Korshunova's suicide was related to her involvement with Rose of the World, a controversial Moscow-based organisation which describes itself as "training for personality development". While researching for a documentary into Korshunova's death, Pomerantsev learned that the model spent three months attending training session at Rose of the World. These sessions—which encourage participants to share their worst experiences and recall repressed memories—are modelled after Lifespring, whose controversial methods were the subject of multiple lawsuits for mental damages in the US during the 1980s. Korshunova attended training sessions with a friend, Ukrainian model Anastasia Drozdova, who committed suicide under similar circumstances in 2009. Friends of the two women reported changes in behaviour after several months at the Rose. Korshunova became aggressive, while Drozdova experienced violent mood swings and grew reclusive. Both lost weight. After three months of training, Korshunova returned to New York to look for work, where she wrote of feeling lost and doubting she would ever find herself. Rick Ross, head of the Cult Education Forum, argues that organisations such as Rose of the World "work like drugs: giving you peak experiences, their adherents always coming back for more. The serious problems start when people leave. The trainings have become their lives—they come back to emptiness. The sensitive ones break." Only months after leaving the Rose, Korshunova was found dead.[20]

http://www.newsweek.com/2011/05/01/the-lost-girl.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]