Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ruslana Korshunova jumps to her death in NYC

as pretty as she was, she's worm food now....
    pull the string!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    as pretty as she was, she's worm food now....
    Unless she has been cremated.

smooches27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    What they were throwing into the bag was probably gloves and other paraphenalia from the scene.

Any parts, if there were any would have to be placed into red biohazard bags and sealed separately from her.
    Oh, ok... thanks lisa! You rock my world.... Can I bug you if I ever have questions in one of my classes???
    Last edited by smooches27; 07-03-2008 at 09:40 PM. Reason: I addes a y to a word that didn't need a why so i ......oh hell, I just suck....

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smooches27 View Post
    Oh, ok... thanks lisa! You rock my world.... Can I bug you if I ever have questions in one of my classes???
    Thanks smooches.

You can bother me anytime you like!

BamaDeathHag Guest
    This is just so sad....she was so beautiful & had her whole life ahead of her

marcel33 Guest

My favorite supermodel in life, and death

(Warning! This post contains attachments of a graphic nature, careful before you look!)

Hi all!
    Read the messages about Ruslana (real name Elena), was very
    suprised to see footage on Geraldo and the apparent lack of professionalism handling at the scene.

I completely understand however how it must be difficult to handle a case like this where the victim lands in the middle of the street..., analyze the scene while preparing the victim and keep it at the same time shielded from prieying eyes. In this case for sure, the cops probably did'nt see the guy filming below the vehicule (!) and the wind did the rest.

Ruslana being one of my favorite models and being a bit of a death hag I analyzed the footage and the circumstances (known this far) asking questions and anserwing a few I hope:

-The construction net covering her balcony was apparently ripped or cut on purpose, did she do it?

-She was wearing bluejeans and a purple thanktop, but no shoes

-If she was not move from the final impact, she just seems to lay far in the middle of the street, why not closer to the sidewalk

I zoomed in on a few captures of the footage: the first glimpse we have of her, a worker just seems to be placing her arms and hands that initially seemed away to the side of her body, on her chest and released them probably to better load her on the stretcher. They initially look bizarre (hands) but up close they seemed normal but probably broken.

Another thing I noticed on that first glimpse, her head seemed arched way back like her neck is broken looking up at the sky and her face is resting to the left in accord with the direction of
    blood flow to the left of her mouth. Was this her initial position? Possible.

In the later scene it's obvious they moved her again her profile now is more normal in a resting position. her eyes are closed and she looks like she's sleeping. I did a capture near the end where we almost see her complete left profile.

Her face seems unhurt but there is evidence of fracture or trauma on the left side of her skull, and evidently we can see that a large amount of bloodflow occured at the left of her mouth indicating severe head trauma.

That's what I noticed from the footage, sadly I don't dare imagine the damage to a 90-100 lbs tiny body fall from 9 story's but at least it ended quickly without pain.

At first I tought she had a hard look om her face but the same capture at a 45 degree angle reveals a sereine peacefull look, almost like a little girl, touching but at the same time totally heartbreaking. What a waste, the end of suffering in life only to be found in the finality of death.

To conclude my observations, I can understand the gesture (my
    father commited suicide in the family house), but how can a young beautiful woman choose such a graphic method to die?
    Perhaps she was so torned on the inside, she decided to do the same to the outside, her beauty that enabled her to have a nice
    career but proof that it failed to help her found happiness.

I've included a candid recent photo of my favorite model (Feb 2008), it seemed she was a very sensitive girl above all very lonely, homesick, living a strong love deception and money problems. Perhaps these finally pushed her over the edge.

I do believe more in science than religion, but if such a thing exists I hope my beauty you are in heaven, grew wings to fly like you dreamed in your poems and fine sereine eternal peace.

The irony of beauty in life, the stillness of death...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amd_ruslana.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	6227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_2a.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	6228   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_4f.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	6229   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_4z.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	6230  

Last edited by marcel33; 07-04-2008 at 12:32 PM. Reason: add warning

Welcome to the board Marcel!
    You've made a very interesting first post, thanks for all that info and stills from the video; quite intriguing.

I'm also very sorry about your father.
    Last edited by norah; 07-04-2008 at 04:05 AM.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

marcel33 Guest
    Thank you Norah, that's very nice of you

marcel33 Guest

Follow-up

Hello again!

I was wondering if somebody here could enlighten me about something, in relevance to this case

I was wondering, even if this case as a low chance of being a homicide, from what I've read in the news online, within 24 hours or less of the event, the investigators had established there was no foul play based on the supposed facts the victim was alone, there were no signs of struggle in the appartment
    and no suicide note (that happens a lot).

But how can they be sure so quickly of that and additionally this happenned in broad daylight in the middle of the afternoon?

And lastly but more importantly, again from what I've read, the official ruling of the suicide seemed to be based on the findings of the coroner/medical examiner, that is to say from observing the type and/or extent of the victim's injuries cause of death is blunt impact trauma (very obvious), and suicide (not that obvious)?

My question is, how by observing the injuries of a victim of a building's fall (and it must be worse I imagine the higher you fall) can they determine between suicide and homicide?

In my mind even if the building has cameras, that balcony is from a potential witness point of view a grain of sand in the landscape and for me it would not be impossible for somebody
    who knew her (that also happens a lot) to be there, with little or no fight, pick her up throw her over. and dissapear without a trace. Just an example of course but...

Still can't figure out this choice, imagine your last view...

Name:	jump.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	6233  

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marcel33 View Post
    Hi all!
    suprised to see footage on Geraldo and the apparent lack of professionalism handling at the scene.

I completely understand however how it must be difficult to handle a case like this where the victim lands in the middle of the street..., analyze the scene while preparing the victim and keep it at the same time shielded from prieying eyes. In this case for sure, the cops probably did'nt see the guy filming below the vehicule (!) and the wind did the rest.

Ruslana being one of my favorite models and being a bit of a death hag I analyzed the footage and the circumstances (known this far) asking questions and anserwing a few I hope:

-The construction net covering her balcony was apparently ripped or cut on purpose, did she do it?

-If she was not move from the final impact, she just seems to lay far in the middle of the street, why not closer to the sidewalk

I zoomed in on a few captures of the footage: the first glimpse we have of her, a worker just seems to be placing her arms and hands that initially seemed away to the side of her body, on her chest and released them probably to better load her on the stretcher. They initially look bizarre (hands) but up close they seemed normal but probably broken.

Another thing I noticed on that first glimpse, her head seemed arched way back like her neck is broken looking up at the sky and her face is resting to the left in accord with the direction of

In the later scene it's obvious they moved her again her profile now is more normal in a resting position. her eyes are closed and she looks like she's sleeping. I did a capture near the end where we almost see her complete left profile.

Her face seems unhurt but there is evidence of fracture or trauma on the left side of her skull, and evidently we can see that a large amount of bloodflow occured at the left of her mouth indicating severe head trauma.

That's what I noticed from the footage, sadly I don't dare imagine the damage to a 90-100 lbs tiny body fall from 9 story's but at least it ended quickly without pain.

At first I tought she had a hard look om her face but the same capture at a 45 degree angle reveals a sereine peacefull look, almost like a little girl, touching but at the same time totally heartbreaking. What a waste, the end of suffering in life only to be found in the finality of death.

father commited suicide in the family house), but how can a young beautiful woman choose such a graphic method to die?
    Perhaps she was so torned on the inside, she decided to do the same to the outside, her beauty that enabled her to have a nice

I've included a candid recent photo of my favorite model (Feb 2008), it seemed she was a very sensitive girl above all very lonely, homesick, living a strong love deception and money problems. Perhaps these finally pushed her over the edge.

I do believe more in science than religion, but if such a thing exists I hope my beauty you are in heaven, grew wings to fly like you dreamed in your poems and fine sereine eternal peace.

Great post!!! I was wondering what was up with her hands, and they do indeed look broken. I hadn't noticed her head tilted back either.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/07022008...del_118186.htm

Though investigators found no suicide note, catwalker Ruslana Korshunova left long messages describing how she missed her home and family, and talked about problems with her love life.
    Shortly after writing the notes, the 20-year-old neatly cut a hole in construction mesh covering her ninth-floor balcony, squeezed through it and plunged to her death, police sources said.
    The slit in the mesh - and a knife left near it - are part of the evidence sources said convinced the city's medical examiner that Korshunova hurled herself from her downtown home.

cherryghost Guest
    Eastern Europeans have/always have had a melancholic nature, call it genetic memory or cultural but there is an acknowledgment of this state of mind even or especially amoungst the generations now alive! Its hard to understand but does exist I believe!

Something about her beautiful image reminds me a little of the Andy Warhol screenprint of the woman in the 50's who jumped from a far greater height off a New York Building and was cushioned(?) in the roof of a car still clutching her pearls!

How inexplicably sad and tragic!
    Last edited by cherryghost; 07-04-2008 at 08:08 AM.

cherryghost Guest
    Unless she has been cremated.
    Wouldnt she still be in the morgue or arrangements being made by the family tho! Id imagine she would be buried in Russia? Just a thought!

marcel33 Guest
    Thank you New York Doll for the article reference, it sure clears up a few things. I had a sense it was a suicide, she reportedly told a "life coach" while on a trip to her homeland at the end of january, that she had tried suicide a few times since she was fifteen, if true clearly a case of chronic depression, hidden by her beautiful exterior bottled up inside and if not treated made worse by her life's problems.

Sadly, I know a bit about the subject, I have a bad history in my family my father having done it like his father before him, and myself suffering the illness since I was in my mid twenty's and a
    missed attempt a few years back. I think our "survivors" have a unique perspective on the subject and believing in science and the merits of medicine I got treated and I still am and probably will be for the rest of my life, there is just no magic cure.

I don't want to call to much attention to myself, all I can say when I see something like this, I get it. What is so heartbreaking and frustrating to me, is that today celebrity and success are so perceived out of reality, we kinda put those people on a pedestal and think it can't happen to them, well as
    this place often shows it definetly does.

In the case of this beautiful model, no I don't consider her better or above all the other human beings but I can't help but think with all those people and advantages around you, how can you end up so alone and depressed? At this age?

I don't know this case just got to me, the contrast of seeing her
    on the catwalk, beautiful photos and seeing a momentum of the end of her life in the middle of the street it just felt unreal but then you realize it is, and probably no one in her life could have
    prevented it.

It's ironic that even with the career she had exposing herself, she perhaps felt so alone that her flashy way to die said "yes I was here and you'll talk about me, maybe just for 15 minutes, but you will"

I will however never forget you for the pleasure you gave me by your beauty and hope to meet you someday, but not to soon I hope...

Those eyes,

Name:	00190m.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	6237  

marcel33 Guest

A few more shots

(Warning! This post contains attachments of a graphic nature, careful before you look!)

Note: captures are from a very low quality flash stream, but I'm sure with the people around taking photos we'll eventually see others...

Name:	gal_korshunova-12.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	6244   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	model9.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	219.5 KB 
ID:	6245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_2d.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	6246   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_4gca.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	6247  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gal_korshunova-1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	6248  
    Last edited by marcel33; 07-04-2008 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Add warning

GravesEnd Guest
    Welcome Marcel and thank you for your posts. I think you have shed more light on this case. I never knew about her other suicide attempts and what appeared to be clinical depression. As you know on a personal level with family history that clinical depression can be devastating. This story of Ruslana brings it more to light being a successful model who had so much going for her. It makes it all the more puzzling to the general public, but nonetheless just as tragic. Thank you for your insight and additional information. I am also sorry to hear of your father who faced similar circumstances.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Hi all!

Thanks so much for all the info! Please though put a warning at the beginning of a post of you're going to post dead bodies. Especially bloody ones. That way people can choose whether or not to look - some people just prefer not to look, & it won't be a shock. Thank you so much.

marcel33 Guest
    Thank you members for your kind words, and RaRaRamona I will take note about the photos. It won't happen for me often, although I'm a bit of a death hag, I'm not much into graphic necro-voyeurism having seen the real thing in real life and the vision(s) usually stays with you.

More light is being shed on the case in recent (almost daily) news articles
    and tough a lot of people find this kind of story trivial , I don't and i'd rather find closure in my interest with at least some light on the truth then some mystery that remains unsolved forever. They are just opinions and may be way off track but that's how I try to learn and cope
    better with the human condition, even if in this case it's tragic.

Maybe tha's why I'm still alive today...

marcel33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    Wouldnt she still be in the morgue or arrangements being made by the family tho! Id imagine she would be buried in Russia? Just a thought!
    I Cherryghost,

From article:

BY VERONIKA BELENKAYA and CORKY SIEMASZKO
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS
    Friday, July 4th 2008, 12:34 AM
    Vorobeyv recounted his romance just before the model's mother, Valentina Kutenkova, and her friends gathered at a Greenwich Village funeral home for a somber farewell.
    Wiping tears, Kutenkova stared at the open silver coffin where Korshunova - her photogenic face framed by her long chestnut hair - lay in a black dress.

Initially, Kutenkova intended to bring her daughter back to her native Kazakhstan for burial. Now she is planning to bury her in Moscow.

I'm sure she was beautiful, can't think about it to much,
    my eyes are getting wet, hope it responds to your query.

lisalouver Guest
    Hello again!

I was wondering if somebody here could enlighten me about something, in relevance to this case

I was wondering, even if this case as a low chance of being a homicide, from what I've read in the news online, within 24 hours or less of the event, the investigators had established there was no foul play based on the supposed facts the victim was alone, there were no signs of struggle in the appartment
    and no suicide note (that happens a lot).

But how can they be sure so quickly of that and additionally this happenned in broad daylight in the middle of the afternoon?

And lastly but more importantly, again from what I've read, the official ruling of the suicide seemed to be based on the findings of the coroner/medical examiner, that is to say from observing the type and/or extent of the victim's injuries cause of death is blunt impact trauma (very obvious), and suicide (not that obvious)?

My question is, how by observing the injuries of a victim of a building's fall (and it must be worse I imagine the higher you fall) can they determine between suicide and homicide?

In my mind even if the building has cameras, that balcony is from a potential witness point of view a grain of sand in the landscape and for me it would not be impossible for somebody
    who knew her (that also happens a lot) to be there, with little or no fight, pick her up throw her over. and dissapear without a trace. Just an example of course but...

Still can't figure out this choice, imagine your last view...
    Welcome to the board.

I see NewYorkDoll answered your question on the how can they be sure it was suicide question, but I can give you a bit of information on how investigators come to that conclusion. I work as a death investigator.

It is usually very easy to come to a conclusion that someones death is a suicide. If there is no note (it is more usual to have no note than to have one) than there are many other signs. Some of them are

1) past history of suicide attempts or suicide ideation
    2) History of depression (we subpeona medical and psych records or just talk to the doctors via phone)
    3) issues leading up to the suicide, expressing wishes to "go away" the giving away of things, saying things such as "it wont matter, I wont be here later anyway" etc
    4) Major problems in their life, financial difficulty, a spouse or gf or bf having left them, etc.

It is a very rare case in death investigation where a suicide is not clear.

Avalon Guest
    Ruslana told her "life coach" that she had attempted suicide 5 times, starting at age 15. He also claims that during her last visit to Moscow to get some help at the Roza Mira training center (considered a cult by critics) she hinted at someone bothering her, though she didn't elaborate.

Two days before her death she mentioned dying to an ex-boyfriend (a man she dated from December to March and who recently got married to his pregnant girlfriend... who he was dating at the same time as Ruslana...); she said, "If I'm not here anymore one day, the world will talk about me." She last spoke to him a coupe hours before she jumped and he claims she sounded happy and didn't seem bothered by anything.

She died penniless - she had been asking for $400 from friends 10 days prior to her death. Any money that she had earned through modeling, and didn't go to her own bills, was sent to her mother. She was very in-demand so people are confused that she didn't have any money saved and that her mother also didn't have enough left over from her own bills to save. Very fishy!

marcel33 Guest
    Thank you Lisalouver for your professional insights, can't argue these guidelines, they make sense, not the kind of job I could do tough, I'm no weeklink but I could'nt court death on a daily basis so I respect what you and your peers accomplish in our society as a whole.

lisalouver Guest
    Thank you Lisalouver for your professional insights, can't argue these guidelines, they make sense, not the kind of job I could do tough, I'm no weeklink but I could'nt court death on a daily basis so I respect what you and your peers accomplish in our society as a whole.
    Thank you for your kind words marcel. It is always nice to hear that people appreciate our work.

It is not the job for everyone, that is for sure, but those of us who do it could never imagine doing anything else.

Hi all!

good ones marcel!
    pull the string!

cherryghost Guest
    We all really appreciate your work Lisa , No doubt about it!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    We all really appreciate your work Lisa , No doubt about it!
    Thank you cherry!

Lisamarie Guest
    Im still very suspicouse about this . Welocme Marcel33!!!! Great post!! Thanks for the pics and stuff!! Also sorry for your loss! In my prayers!! I have russian friends and I think another thing that suprises us all is we all kindof think of russians being these hard seriouse people that can handle anything...and here was one who made it to the top....I mean how many dirt poor russian girls dream of haveing what she had achived in such a small time...and she couldent make it...how sad...makes me wish I could have been her friend.

Lisamarie Guest
    I wonder what the last thing she did before she jumped ya know..like did she say anything...did she brush her hair....like did she just get home and do it?? Just so sad.

princess_oasis Guest
    terribly sad

Maybe she put on clean underwear? My mom and grandma were always after me to put on clean underwear in case I was "ever in an accident".

BabaBooey Guest

Video Footage

As tasteless as it was to air the footage on television, I have to say that it was quite fascinating!

Lisamarie Guest
    I know everyone was like how disgusting and I was trying to get a close up and examining blood flow pattern......

BabaBooey Guest
    Anyone else think she looked like the Joker from Batman? The way the blood was on her face?

marcel33 Guest

Ruslana buried today

The stunning supermodel who plunged to her death 10 days ago will be buried Monday in Moscow, the city where she found joy and heartbreak.
    Ruslana Korshunova's remains arrived in the Russian capital Sunday. She will be laid to rest at Mitinskoe Cemetery.
    "My daughter really loved that city," grieving mother Valentina Kutenkova told the Russian newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda. "[She] would want her beloved Moscow to be her last resting place."

2 things I'm curious about:

" Though investigators found no suicide note, catwalker Ruslana Korshunova left long messages describing how she missed her home and family, and talked about problems with her love life."

I'm curious as to what was written and if they pointed so directly towards suicide

"Cops also found several bottles of medication, their labels in Russian, a source told The Post"

I'd like to know what kind of medication. were they anti-depressants, sleeping pills, relaxants, amphetamines or hard narcotics?

Now that she is at her final resting place, don't know if we'll see a toxicology report (her entourage and neigbors reportedly said that she was not a hard drinker or druggy) and I still don't get why such a beautiful girl chose such a violent way to die.

Repose en paix mon ange, je ne t'oublirai jamais

Hope you're at peace angel, I shall never forget you

Name:	news017.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	6315  

Vamp Guest
    I read an article some time ago that said that people who survive suicidal falls (by what ever miracle) regret jumping almost immediately. If only this poor girl had seen a good doctor and gotten effective treatment. Everything in life seems so hard and serious when you are 20.

lisalouver Guest
    The stunning supermodel who plunged to her death 10 days ago will be buried Monday in Moscow, the city where she found joy and heartbreak.
    Ruslana Korshunova's remains arrived in the Russian capital Sunday. She will be laid to rest at Mitinskoe Cemetery.
    "My daughter really loved that city," grieving mother Valentina Kutenkova told the Russian newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda. "[She] would want her beloved Moscow to be her last resting place."

2 things I'm curious about:

" Though investigators found no suicide note, catwalker Ruslana Korshunova left long messages describing how she missed her home and family, and talked about problems with her love life."

I'm curious as to what was written and if they pointed so directly towards suicide

"Cops also found several bottles of medication, their labels in Russian, a source told The Post"

I'd like to know what kind of medication. were they anti-depressants, sleeping pills, relaxants, amphetamines or hard narcotics?

Now that she is at her final resting place, don't know if we'll see a toxicology report (her entourage and neigbors reportedly said that she was not a hard drinker or druggy) and I still don't get why such a beautiful girl chose such a violent way to die.

Repose en paix mon ange, je ne t'oublirai jamais

Hope you're at peace angel, I shall never forget you
    The notes that she left behind in all liklihood do not point directly to suicide but rather a wish of "I wish I had never come here" or "Everyone would be happier if I were gone" things like this. I have no doubt that the death investigators spoke with all her doctors medical and psych. That is part of our job. Death investigation is a long and tedious process and does not end when we release the body to the funeral home.

I would venture a guess that the combination of her medication, what her family and friends stated they knew, what her medical and psych records and doctors revealed and her past suicide attempts or ideation all factored in to the decision to sign out the DC as a suicide.

As a suicide, her toxicology results are technically not public info (homicides and accidents are) but with her "celeb" status, I am sure that we will see her results at some point.

Guest Guest
    I had only just found out about this on youtube a few minutes back watching a tribute to people dying young. I knew it would be on here. I agree with what has been previously said about depression, I hope she is at peace now. I remember writing my first suicide note when I was around 9. Depression sucks and if I ever choose a way out it would be overdose. But there is so much to life and people to live for, but sometimes, it gets too overwhelming. Usually the people that have committed suicide show no signs beforehand such as depression etc. Sometimes they even act over happy when they have it planned out knowing they will be at peace soon. I've read up alot on it. People can hide it very well.

And yeah unless you have inner peace and are truly happy, beauty, fame, money means nothing. All that matters is how you feel inside.

*racheal* Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SinKittyVixen View Post
    Ya, I noticed her hands. Creepy.
    The hands really creepy! they moved a little bit but were still kinda stiff. I will never forget the hands!

*racheal* Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mistydawn View Post
    Maybe she put on clean underwear? My mom and grandma were always after me to put on clean underwear in case I was "ever in an accident".
    LOL my mom says the same thing how funny!

I read some where that she had to cut the netting from around the balcony to jump. I could be wrong I just thought I saw that some where.

marcel33 Guest

Thank you lisa

The notes that she left behind in all liklihood do not point directly to suicide but rather a wish of "I wish I had never come here" or "Everyone would be happier if I were gone" things like this. I have no doubt that the death investigators spoke with all her doctors medical and psych. That is part of our job. Death investigation is a long and tedious process and does not end when we release the body to the funeral home.

I would venture a guess that the combination of her medication, what her family and friends stated they knew, what her medical and psych records and doctors revealed and her past suicide attempts or ideation all factored in to the decision to sign out the DC as a suicide.

As a suicide, her toxicology results are technically not public info (homicides and accidents are) but with her "celeb" status, I am sure that we will see her results at some point.
    Thank you lisa for your response, it's nice to have your professional opinion.

I was also wondering, when onlookers arrive or are present at this kind of scene before the authorities, do the officers try to obtain photos that might have been taken for information (I would imagine so) , and can they confiscate them to stop for example being published on the web?

With today's technology I mean anyone can so easily take snapshots with a phone or digital camera...

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	6335  

marcel33 Guest

Ruslana Korshunova laid to rest in Moscow cemetery

BY VERONIKA BELENKAYA and OWEN MORITZ
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS
    Tuesday, July 8th 2008, 12:39 AM

The distraught mother of Ruslana Korshunova could not contain her grief as she leaned over the body of the doomed supermodel in a Moscow funeral parlor.

"How pretty you are," cried Valentina Kutenkova as she studied the beautiful girl in the casket, laid out in a black dress.
    Moments later, the 20-year-old model's brother, Ruslan, lightly kissed Korshunova and left a clutch of flowers and some of her favorite childhood toys near the coffin.

Services for the green-eyed beauty, who plunged nine stories to her death from her luxury Manhattan apartment building on June 28, stretched over two days in Moscow.

After Sunday's funeral service, a caravan of about 30 mourners Monday followed the body to its resting place in a Moscow cemetery, Moscow's Tvoi Den newspaper reported.

Following tradition, a second wake will be held 40 days later in Almaty, Kazakhstan, the hometown of Korshunova, who was an ethnic Russian.

The cover girl's inexplicable death at a time when she was seemingly at the top of her game stunned friends and colleagues in New York's flourishing high-fashion industry.
    Police and the medical examiner have ruled her death a suicide, though no suicide note was found.

Some friends and authorities believe Korshunova jumped to her death because she was broke, lonely and depressed over a failed love affair.

After her daughter's death, Kutenkova acknowledged there were problems. "She told me she had problems at work about a year ago, that she wanted to leave the modeling business," she confided to the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper.

"Lately, everything was normal. If she had problems with work, she would have told me."
    Last edited by marcel33; 07-08-2008 at 01:25 AM. Reason: format

well if it was death she sought, she found it. rip do not pass go do not collect....
    pull the string!

Lisamarie Guest
    Once a long time ago I worked in a 10 story building and I would sometimes go out on the bacony and just look at the city...well once I was very depressed and steped up in heels on the ledge just to fell what it was like and it was terrifiying!! As depressed as I was and all the shit that was on my shoulders the jolt of fear that went through my body standing on that ledge freaked me out so bad.I said if I ever did I would take pills and fall asleep....So Im wondering ...if she had pills why not take those?? Why would she do that to her mother I wonder what was so bad that you would choose such a method..its funny one of my very best friends is russian and we were talking about this and she said to me out of no where I think somebody pushed her. I said no impossible they would have survaiance video from the apartment, or something going on......invetigation wise....but it has crossed my mind...russian mafia?? They are out there. Allthough sadley enough I think this poor girl really did just kill herself.

Lisamarie Guest
    Okay and Im gonna ask..anyone have coffin picture??

RaRaRamona Guest

"Lately, everything was normal. If she had problems with work, she would have told me."
    Apparently not. I think she said plenty in her letters.

lisalouver Guest
    Thank you lisa for your response, it's nice to have your professional opinion.

I was also wondering, when onlookers arrive or are present at this kind of scene before the authorities, do the officers try to obtain photos that might have been taken for information (I would imagine so) , and can they confiscate them to stop for example being published on the web?

With today's technology I mean anyone can so easily take snapshots with a phone or digital camera...
    You are very welcome.

I have yet to be on a scene where I knew that onlookers were taking pictures, although I am sure it has happened.

In a large city such as NYC, I am sure that jumpers are a common occurance (they actually are in any large city). The deal with her is that she jumped during a Sat afternoon, and in a very public place.

Police can ask people for their photos for information. As for confiscating them, the police can not do that.

In the instance of this case, the shots might be worth something to someone, but in the case of "any old jumper" (forgive me, for lack of a better term) no one would be interested in the pictures, other than for sheer gore.

marcel33 Guest

Her final living and resting place

Peace Angel

Name:	Balcony.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	356.0 KB 
ID:	6350   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rip.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	215.7 KB 
ID:	6351  

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Once a long time ago I worked in a 10 story building and I would sometimes go out on the bacony and just look at the city...well once I was very depressed and steped up in heels on the ledge just to fell what it was like and it was terrifiying!! As depressed as I was and all the shit that was on my shoulders the jolt of fear that went through my body standing on that ledge freaked me out so bad.I said if I ever did I would take pills and fall asleep....So Im wondering ...if she had pills why not take those?? Why would she do that to her mother I wonder what was so bad that you would choose such a method..its funny one of my very best friends is russian and we were talking about this and she said to me out of no where I think somebody pushed her. I said no impossible they would have survaiance video from the apartment, or something going on......invetigation wise....but it has crossed my mind...russian mafia?? They are out there. Allthough sadley enough I think this poor girl really did just kill herself.

wouldn't surprise me a bit lisa. i'm sure they'll be doing some further investigations, they can tell i think even from how she landed.
    pull the string!

Lisamarie Guest
    Just makes you wonder...poor girl...I do wonder if they had survalinace video from her apartment building???

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    She may have wanted to ruin the one thing that perhaps she blamed for her problems in life - her good looks?