Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruslana Korshunova jumps to her death in NYC

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.a...b-e326ba912f02

Here is the Geraldo at Large clip where you can see her on the ground.

Great find! Thankx! So sad tho. Poor thing.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    She actually looks pretty good.

Of course, I cant see what is under the rest of the bag, but her head and features appear intact.

I noticed the guys on the balcony, a year or two ago I had a guy who fell 40 stories and I was up on the balcony taking pics downward while the media was hovering nearby.

Apparently they have some serious lenses on their cameras since I was captured for the nightly news here (a weekly thing for me) but with my mouth in the most screwed up positon for some reason!

I for the life of me can not understand why that bag was not zipped up pronto with this young lady.
    They kept fanning the bag & closing it then opening it again...and I thought it was sad that paint cans were holding the plastic down.

Darrianne Guest
    I will never understand what can drive anyone - model or not - to suicide. Life is so precious. But, I do know there are illnesses and chemical imbalances and things beyond our understanding or control.

Like someone else said, we all battle our own demons and she lost her battle.

cherryghost Guest
    she looked like something out of a Fairytale!

Ive heard that before.

Yeah Grimm

Pinklovedoll Guest
    I was just reading this on comcast.

I tried to find a picture of her where she was not modeling.

Christ, she was gorgeous. Only 20? Wow.

My goodness,how beeautiful,why???????????

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    They kept fanning the bag & closing it then opening it again...and I thought it was sad that paint cans were holding the plastic down.
    I saw that but did not see the paint cans?!

The bag looked very thin and our bags at work are seriously heavy duty plastic and would not blow like that.

I did not see the paint cans, but Christ, close it up or cover her. We would get our asses chewed at work for doing that.

gleemonex Guest
    ^^Sorry about that, I only searched under her name.

Miss Swallow Guest
    She actually looks pretty good.

Of course, I cant see what is under the rest of the bag, but her head and features appear intact.

She was still so beautiful. She looks like a little doll laying there, I want to pick her up and hold her & make it all better. Such a shame, and a waste. I want to say she should have given herself a few days (to think about it) before making a decision like that, but maybe she had?

When I was that age I'd get horribly depressed before my birthdays, and it would have been so easy to have ended it all, but by the time I was 25-ish, birthdays didn't bother me--maybe she'd get the birthday blues also? It could have even been something like PMS.

itsintheeyes Guest
    Am I screwed up to think that I hope she was able to eat anything she wanted during her last meal?!? Or maybe she didn't want to get old? Maybe she wanted to die in her prime as a model?!? 20's about right.

Sad story, but is it just me, or do a lot of people experience the most trauma and pain in their late teens or early twenties?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

Lily_Aleister Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyouya Ohtori Ouran Host View Post
    Sad story, but is it just me, or do a lot of people experience the most trauma and pain in their late teens or early twenties?
    Teen angst. I think it has to do with hormones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily_Aleister View Post
    Teen angst. I think it has to do with hormones.
    True. As a teen, we gotta have the strength to persevere and move on. A lot of hard things do happen at this time, but it will make us stronger as we grow older. At least that's what I think.

Watching that clip, seeing the bag continuously revealing her bloodied face just filled me with incredible sadness. Poor girl.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

moviestar Guest
    well,now she's famous...she was beautiful,id say she wouldve gone a long way..

Wow, she was gorgeous. Goes to show that you can have all the money, beauty, fame, etc.. but if you don't have personal/internal peace and happiness, it doesn't mean jack.

Leave it to Geraldo.. so classy.

But yeah, I watched. lol

Desertrose Guest
    Looking at the video was painfully sad. People walking around her, paintcans holding down the plastic. Wonder if Geraldo would have a film crew there if that was one of his kids. He is such a slimeball.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertrose View Post
    Looking at the video was painfully sad. People walking around her, paintcans holding down the plastic. Wonder if Geraldo would have a film crew there if that was one of his kids. He is such a slimeball.
    Of course he would!

That clip was just....sad. What's even worse is Geraldo's lame ass commentary. Was he always such a douche?

Just showing her bloody body there on national TV was bad enough.

different kind of girl Guest
    How awful is it that I played and paused that piece over and over? I'm surprised this was aired, but then again, it was Geraldo.

Not awful; just a death hag.

Seriously I did the same. There is a brief second at the beginning where you can see her hands along with the face/chest just sort of clinging to her lifeless body; the way they looked compelled me to try and see it over and over.

I agree Geraldo's words towards the whole matter couldn't have been more heartless and he came across as such a cold jerk. On the other hand, I guess I can't be 100% a part of all the bashing Fox has received over this since my curious mind has gotten the best of me as usual and it'd be hypocritical of me to say the least.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

Does Geraldo even know how to make a decent commentary?

Avalon Guest
    Am I the only one who hopes that when Geraldo dies somebody will exploit it, just as he's done to this poor girl?? How dare he show that footage - error my ass. And, though this is evil to say, I hope his death involves a plunge from a building - KARMA!

24. 07-02-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Darrianne View Post
    I will never understand what can drive anyone - model or not - to suicide. Life is so precious. But, I do know there are illnesses and chemical imbalances and things beyond our understanding or control.

Like someone else said, we all battle our own demons and she lost her battle.
    with all due respect, depression and other emotional/mental disorders are illnesses. it is not a character flaw or character weakness as stigmatization has always led us to believe. suicide and suicidal ideation (having the thoughts, then the desire, then the action) is a process that comes upon us when our depressive illnesses turn our moods into despair, and the body can no longer cope with the emotional pain. believe me when i was going thru emotional pain, i prayed for cancer instead. its is beyond words, and if left untreated can lead an otherwise functioning mind into desperate measures. if you are ever depressed, get help asap. left untreated, ideation can begin so subtly, so quietly...the chemical seratonin is low, and it is a needed chemical for keeping the synaps and neurotransmitters 'sparking' as it were. let us help stop stigmatization of mental illness, and see it for what it is, an illness like any other.
    pull the string!

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    From one of the articles above:

"She's one of the sweetest, nicest people you'll ever meet," said a friend, who did not want to be identified by name.

"I'm still in shock. The world lost a great person."

[...]

The pal said that Korshunova had just returned from a modeling gig in Paris and seemed to be "on top of the world."

"There were no signs," he said. "That's what's driving me crazy. I don't see one
    reason why she would do that."

Korshunova, who had been sending money back to her parents in Kazakhstan, was in love with the city.

"She really liked New York," said the friend. "People made her feel comfortable here."

MIZIZVOGUE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    God what a lucky girl to be that beautiful!! I have spent my entire life wishing , hopeing and praying to one day wake up and look like that!! And look at this poor thing !! How sad!
    I'm sure that the cemetaries are full of beautiful women who felt depressed and no longer wanted to live.

Lisamarie Guest
    wow thanks for the video and yeah I paused looked again and again....she looked very beautiful and I was reminded a little of Dianlinkletter and thought maybe she looked the same way..poor girl....its just so sad she felt that alone....can nayone tell me do people that jump always land on their back like that??

kimba Guest
    wow thanks for the video and yeah I paused looked again and again....she looked very beautiful and I was reminded a little of Dianlinkletter and thought maybe she looked the same way..poor girl....its just so sad she felt that alone....can nayone tell me do people that jump always land on their back like that??
    The people I've known who have experienced a jumper..and there have been 3 - have indicated that in all cases they hit face or head down. Massive head trauma in all cases. (In one case, my friend was looking out the window, when the jumper bounced off the window, on the way down.) She was traumatized as you can imagine.
    She was on the 4 th floor, and raced downstairs only to find him, face down, head crushed, arms broken, lying in the driveway at the front of the building.

I believe I read someplace that her arms and chest were crushed, but I don't know how her face would be that well preserved.She certainly looked like she landed on her back.
    sad...just sad, how beautiful she still was in death...with just the smear of blood on her mouth.

Lisamarie Guest
    I thought the same thing....she looked like she was sleeping...with bllod on her face...the part were he moves her little hands ate the start gets me..just seeing the way they are kind of fisted and stiff gets me...and it looks almost like she has a grimice on her face....but then later footage shows her looking like she is sleeping...do you think she jumped back first??

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Am I the only one who hopes that when Geraldo dies somebody will exploit it, just as he's done to this poor girl?? How dare he show that footage - error my ass. And, though this is evil to say, I hope his death involves a plunge from a building - KARMA!
    I think he'd love it.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZIZVOGUE View Post
    I'm sure that the cemetaries are full of beautiful women who felt depressed and no longer wanted to live.
    They sure are.

32. 07-03-2008, 09:21 AM
    Reason
    will just start an argument

Lisamarie Guest
    Okay this is just awful....but can anyone zoom in on her on the ground there?? Im just womdering. because I would like to see her injuries...one of the things I thoguht was her face would be all smashed up and her face looks really goo..so I was thinking maybe she jumped back first..but then I was looking at that netting and I dont think she could have ...I mean you would have to get through that netting....and Im not sure how much an effort that would tale..so Im wodering can anyone get a close up?? Im wondering maybe the injuries are on one side more or something....just so sad.

I know that in their state of mind, those who commit suicide by jumping aren't entertaining the notion of being scared, but that's got to be one of the more frightening ways to do it.
    I mean, it's highly unlikely, but what if one were to survive? That'd scare the hell out of me.

Okay this is just awful....but can anyone zoom in on her on the ground there?? Im just womdering. because I would like to see her injuries...one of the things I thoguht was her face would be all smashed up and her face looks really goo..so I was thinking maybe she jumped back first..but then I was looking at that netting and I dont think she could have ...I mean you would have to get through that netting....and Im not sure how much an effort that would tale..so Im wodering can anyone get a close up?? Im wondering maybe the injuries are on one side more or something....just so sad.
    I was wondering about all those things too.

Lisamarie Guest
    Okay Imglad its not just me.....

RaRaRamona Guest
    She would have been looking up rather then down and for me at least, that would be a much better view.

Lisamarie Guest
    did the part with her hands bouncing back creep anyone else out?? I went and looked at the pic of her with the stawberry in her hands and and then the video of her dead hands ....weird.....just dont get it....

Lisamarie Guest
    another thing I would rwally like to see is the survalice video from her apartment buiding...just to see how she was when she walked in that night....

Lisamarie Guest
    I cannot spelll!!!!!!! Sorry guys!!

did the part with her hands bouncing back creep anyone else out?? I went and looked at the pic of her with the stawberry in her hands and and then the video of her dead hands ....weird.....just dont get it....

I agree, her hands looked so..well grey. Was creepy because they looked as if they didn't belong with her face since other than the blood, she appeared seemingly normal; like she was asleep.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I watched it again & I didn't notice her hands at all.

another thing I would rwally like to see is the survalice video from her apartment buiding...just to see how she was when she walked in that night....
    Good thought - that would be interesting.

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Ya, I noticed her hands. Creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I watched it again & I didn't notice her hands at all.
    It's right between 2-3 seconds in, very brief but they're visible.

smooches27 Guest
    Ok, I know this is gross, but I wonder if they were keeping the body bag open because they were putting parts of her into it. At the beginning og the video when they sho her body it kinda looks like they are putting something into the body bag with her. Is it just me?
    Last edited by smooches27; 07-03-2008 at 05:57 PM. Reason: I suck... that's why...

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by norah View Post
    It's right between 2-3 seconds in, very brief but they're visible.
    ooooh ya okay that was um I would say creepy but I'm looking at a poor sad girl who's smeared herself all over the sidewalk, so creepy's a given.

lab_rat Guest
    I saw her hands. They were stuck in a funny position. I guess rigor mortis had already started to set in?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
    I saw her hands. They were stuck in a funny position. I guess rigor mortis had already started to set in?
    I'm sure they were shattered. I think they covered her (if you could call it that) & the news crews were on the scene lickity split.

ETA (ew if you can pardon the expression )

tydtm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    Wonder if Tyra has an alibi.

HAHA! No kidding!! She was a pretty girl!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kimba View Post
    The people I've known who have experienced a jumper..and there have been 3 - have indicated that in all cases they hit face or head down. Massive head trauma in all cases. (In one case, my friend was looking out the window, when the jumper bounced off the window, on the way down.) She was traumatized as you can imagine.
    She was on the 4 th floor, and raced downstairs only to find him, face down, head crushed, arms broken, lying in the driveway at the front of the building.

I believe I read someplace that her arms and chest were crushed, but I don't know how her face would be that well preserved.She certainly looked like she landed on her back.
    sad...just sad, how beautiful she still was in death...with just the smear of blood on her mouth.
    The majority of jumpers that I have been on at work have been found on their backs.

Most of their bones are usually broken, yes. They can look amazingly intact though.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smooches27 View Post
    Ok, I know this is gross, but I wonder if they were keeping the body bag open because they were putting parts of her into it. At the beginning og the video when they sho her body it kinda looks like they are putting something into the body bag with her. Is it just me?
    What they were throwing into the bag was probably gloves and other paraphenalia from the scene.

Any parts, if there were any would have to be placed into red biohazard bags and sealed separately from her.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
    Rigor starts to set in the small muscle groups first (fingers, toes and jaw) at about 2 hours, sometimes a little bit sooner.

I do not know how long she was lying there but for her hands to look "stiff" from rigor she would have had to been lying there for longer than 2 hours.

I did not see her hands in the video, maybe I should take another look.