Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruslana Korshunova jumps to her death in NYC

GravesEnd Guest

Ruslana Korshunova jumps to her death in NYC

A European Vogue cover model fell to her death from her Manhattan apartment building Saturday in an apparent suicide, published reports said.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/28/mod....ap/index.html

lisalouver Guest
    I was just reading this on comcast.

I tried to find a picture of her where she was not modeling.

Christ, she was gorgeous. Only 20? Wow.

God she was beautiful! What could possess someone with the world at her feet to do such a thing. Too sad.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

cachluv Guest
    Chemical imbalance in the brain is some serious shit.

KristinEileen Guest
    Her accident is still under investigation..for all we know she was up there and tripped, I for one think that there is a distinct possibility that she jumped...but from what I understand Vogue named her "The Face to be Excited About in 2005" so I am not sure what would make her want to jump...unless of course she was pushed!

Sphr798 Guest
    I read this story this morning. It seems she was discovered from a photograph that was taken of the area she lived in. The modeling agent searched hard to find her after seeing the photograph. Couldn't help thinking that maybe they should have left her alone, she might be alive now.

Quote Originally Posted by KristinEileen View Post
    .unless of course she was pushed!
    Wonder if Tyra has an alibi.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ceege Guest
    She does. We were having croissants together this morning at just that time.

*aside* You have no idea how much that woman can eat!! I had to fight her for my share.

SinKittyVixen Guest
    So sad. I just read this on AOL.

The wind blew her skinny self off the roof.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    The wind blew her skinny self off the roof.
    LMAO
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seagorath Guest
    Wonder if she had any chemicals in her system.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Wonder if she had any chemicals in her system.
    If she did, they're on the sidewalk now.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DOA Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    Isn't that called a chemical spill? I'm sorry, that's so bad.

Cupcake Guest
    Those of you that have never considered suicide as a way out would not understand this poor girls thinking. YES she was beautiful, YES, she had the world at her feet, but none of that means squat when you can't see the forest thru the trees. She was 20 and very far from her home and family...

Been there, tried it. When one has no hope, life isn't worth living, no matter how much ya got going for ya. People could tell you blah blah blah until they are blue in the face, but if YOU yourself doesn't believe it, it just falls on deaf ears....

R.I.P.

Cupcake

GravesEnd Guest
    From this New York Post article it does sound like suicide, description from witnesses. According to her boyfriend he had dropped her off, after they watched the movie, 'Ghost'.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06292008...nge_117767.htm

Vamp Guest
    How sad. She was so young and so beautiful. What a horrible way to die.

ApricotRoses Guest
    I think she was Breathtakingly beautiful.

But.... well said Cupcake.....

Unless you've been to the depths of depression, it's hard to understand. If all it took was beauty and money to be happy in this world.... we'd have a lot less dead "stars". Really, she was a child, in a VERY BIG, scary, DEMANDING profession. No family here, who knows what her personal demons were. I hear that no matter how beautiful or skinny these girls are, they are constantly criticized in one way or another, to be BETTER.

Also read that there was construction netting around her balcony, and it appeared to have been "cut".

So many times, outward beauty is more of a curse than anything else.

RIP pretty baby. Your family is surely devastated.

GravesEnd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ApricotRoses View Post
    I think she was Breathtakingly beautiful.

But.... well said Cupcake.....

Unless you've been to the depths of depression, it's hard to understand. If all it took was beauty and money to be happy in this world.... we'd have a lot less dead "stars". Really, she was a child, in a VERY BIG, scary, DEMANDING profession. No family here, who knows what her personal demons were. I hear that no matter how beautiful or skinny these girls are, they are constantly criticized in one way or another, to be BETTER.

Also read that there was construction netting around her balcony, and it appeared to have been "cut".

So many times, outward beauty is more of a curse than anything else.

RIP pretty baby. Your family is surely devastated.

ApricotRoses, that couldn't have been said any better, and so true in the entertainment business, and in this case I'm sure.

cachluv Guest
    Actually, I think there's more people on this board that can understand exactly how she felt. There's a lot of people here who have considered ending their pain the permanent way.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Chemical imbalance in the brain is some serious shit.
    Yes... It is. Very sad. If it was suicide, I hope she is at peace.

Lita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DOA View Post
    You two are bad! *snicker*

Her death has been ruled a suicide. She was severely depressed over something but she hid it very well.

lisalouver Guest
    Determining that a death is a suicide is sometimes hard, but most often it is easy to tell that it was a suicide.

There are many things that lead an investigator and the Medical Examiner to determination of manner of death. Those things rarely hit the papers.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GravesEnd View Post
    From this New York Post article it does sound like suicide, description from witnesses. According to her boyfriend he had dropped her off, after they watched the movie, 'Ghost'.
    Well hell. I can't blame her. 'Ghost' is a terrible movie. One of the worst.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Wonder if Tyra has an alibi.
    Wonder if Naomi has one?

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Wonder if Naomi has one?

LOL!!!

OJ did it.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by GravesEnd View Post

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06292008...nge_117767.htm
    Well that explains it.

Wow that's freakin scary.

unaddressed depression leads to suicide. this girl did not have a character flaw or character weakness, it is mental illness, it can happen to any of us. depression is not a trifling mood it is an illness, and needs to be dealt with as with any other illness. i bet anything she got the 'get over it, you have everything' speech from people, until her mental despair drove her to it. its not the person we wish to kill its the issue!~

"You ought to realise that suicide is murder, since after suicide there remains a corpse exactly as with any ordinary murder. Only it is yourself that has been killed.” (Jung, 1975)
    Last edited by hell0kitty; 06-29-2008 at 07:53 PM.
    pull the string!

Lisamarie Guest
    God what a lucky girl to be that beautiful!! I have spent my entire life wishing , hopeing and praying to one day wake up and look like that!! And look at this poor thing !! How sad!

Maruz83 Guest
    More proof that beauty & money can't buy happiness.........

Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Actually, I think there's more people on this board that can understand exactly how she felt. There's a lot of people here who have considered ending their pain the permanent way.
    What catchluv says. I think if you read any of the suicide-related threads ("The Bridge" thread in Entertainment, for example) that a lot of us have struggled with deep depression and thoughts of suicide.

I thought I'd chime in too, because there seems to be an impression creeping in, undertone-wise, that everyone is being flippant and insensitive. I think there's a difference between insensitive and gallows humor. I think this is gallows humor, here.

Lily_Aleister Guest
    I noticed that her boyfriend had dropped her off at 5 a.m. Who knows what happened, but I can remember many a night spent partying using cocaine with friends, and being dropped off in the morning with no sleep. Lying in bed trying to sleep with the sun coming up and feeling that crash bringing you down, the chemicals warping your thoughts. Many times I think I experienced "cocaine psychosis" and thought about ending it all. Thank God I have since stopped, but I know what it's like to be 20, beautiful, alone in a big city, and wealthy, and this is exactly what I was doing. Hopefully her system is clean and she wasn't using anything .. it could have just been extreme sadness living in the darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by KristinEileen View Post
    from what I understand Vogue named her "The Face to be Excited About in 2005"
    Maybe she was depressed because three years later, most of us had still never heard of her.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily_Aleister View Post
    I noticed that her boyfriend had dropped her off at 5 a.m. Who knows what happened, but I can remember many a night spent partying using cocaine with friends, and being dropped off in the morning with no sleep. Lying in bed trying to sleep with the sun coming up and feeling that crash bringing you down, the chemicals warping your thoughts. Many times I think I experienced "cocaine psychosis" and thought about ending it all. Thank God I have since stopped, but I know what it's like to be 20, beautiful, alone in a big city, and wealthy, and this is exactly what I was doing. Hopefully her system is clean and she wasn't using anything .. it could have just been extreme sadness living in the darkness.
    You're avvie is sadly appropriate for this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Maybe she was depressed because three years later, most of us had still never heard of her.
    Maybe, but there are very successful models I have never heard of - and I subscribe to gobs of fashion magazines. I still can't notice everyone. ISOme probably do care about being a household name though. Also, models start out at 13 - 15 years old. In your twenties you're ancient.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    God what a lucky girl to be that beautiful!! I have spent my entire life wishing , hopeing and praying to one day wake up and look like that!! And look at this poor thing !! How sad!
    Ahhh...Lisa...HELLO!!!

Any mirrors handy, neighbor?

She was a lovely young woman, sad, the tragedy of it all.

We all battle our own demons, she lost the fight with hers...or won...that would be a matter of her own perspective.

I just feel bad knowing that had I been there, my face could have broken her fall.

Sorry guys...

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Theres some controversy, FoxNews showed her dead body, bloodied face and all. The clip I found was already taken down. And FOx news is calling it an error. Death hag that I am, I wanted to see it.

surly Guest
    http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.a...b-e326ba912f02

Here is the Geraldo at Large clip where you can see her on the ground.

GravesEnd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post

Good find. Leave it to Geraldo. Can see her bloodied face to the side. Welcome to FAD.

I was pretty shocked to see that. I never watch Geraldo and to see this really freaked me out.

its back on, all you can see is the profile of her face bloodied mouth. poor girl. the stillness of death...
    pull the string!

RaRaRamona Guest

Holy freakin cow. Is nothing sacred anymore? Recording under a van, sheesh. I know, I know, I am a voyeur - I love knowing every detail of people's spirals, but honestly...that's just sad.

P.S. The Christine Chubbuck reference was right on.

Cadence71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Well hell. I can't blame her. 'Ghost' is a terrible movie. One of the worst.
    Every time I see Whoopi Goldberg I get depressed. lol

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Holy freakin cow. Is nothing sacred anymore? Recording under a van, sheesh. I know, I know, I am a voyeur - I love knowing every detail of people's spirals, but honestly...that's just sad.

P.S. The Christine Chubbuck reference was right on.
    Remember this is Geraldo youre talking about.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Remember this is Geraldo youre talking about.
    You're right. I watched it again & the first time I missed him saying "We are watching her broken body being loaed...something something." Sheesh

47. 07-01-2008, 12:14 AM

lisalouver Guest
    She actually looks pretty good.

Of course, I cant see what is under the rest of the bag, but her head and features appear intact.

I noticed the guys on the balcony, a year or two ago I had a guy who fell 40 stories and I was up on the balcony taking pics downward while the media was hovering nearby.

Apparently they have some serious lenses on their cameras since I was captured for the nightly news here (a weekly thing for me) but with my mouth in the most screwed up positon for some reason!

I for the life of me can not understand why that bag was not zipped up pronto with this young lady.

gleemonex Guest

Ruslana Korshunova

I saw this up on one of the computers at work a few days ago. Ruslana was from Kazakhstan (the country that the character of Borat spoofs). She jumped from her ninth story apartment in Manhattan. She was 20 years old and 4 days shy of her 21st birthday. The footage shown on E! showed several people taking pictures of her body under the sheet.

This article has a description of the events by witnesses:
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/06282008...ide_117616.htm

So beautiful, so tragic.

KristinEileen Guest
    What a beautiful girl and so sad that she committed suicide. Every person that knew her was shocked because there were no outward signs of depression. My theory is that the pressure got to be too much for her and she figured that this was the only way out...

Previous discussion on her:
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8930

Lovely pictures of a lovely woman! Very sad.