Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anne Bancroft

Vamp Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HippieMama View Post
    I just adored her . . . I think she died of cancer of the uterus. My favorite movie was To Be or Not to Be, with Mel Brooks (her hubby). Of course, The Graduate is a classic too!
    It's rare for someone to die of uterine cancer. (Speaking from one who has had it.) Usually the person at most needs a hysterectomy.(The cancer is usually in situ and doesn't spread.) I wonder if she ignored the signs. (They are pretty obvious, usually heavy bleeding.) What a useless waste, that something so treatable killed her.

I LOVED her in that Greta Garbo movie. (She plays a woman obsessed with Garbo that wants to meet her as she lays dying.) I loved her in the Miracle Worker. However, she will always be Mrs. Robinson to me!

kandykisses Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    It's rare for someone to die of uterine cancer. (Speaking from one who has had it.) Usually the person at most needs a hysterectomy.(The cancer is usually in situ and doesn't spread.) I wonder if she ignored the signs. (They are pretty obvious, usually heavy bleeding.) What a useless waste, that something so treatable killed her.

I LOVED her in that Greta Garbo movie. (She plays a woman obsessed with Garbo that wants to meet her as she lays dying.) I loved her in the Miracle Worker. However, she will always be Mrs. Robinson to me!
    I love Mrs Robinson. Ann Bancroft was in Don't Bother to Knock. A very early Marilyn Monroe movie. She was one of those women who always looked older. In that movie she had to be young but she just had that look. Like she had already been there done that.

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    there was also another film i remember, THE PUMPKIN EATERS with peter finch. excellent!!!!!!!

editorial: girls get your pap smears, and ovarian cancer tests! these are silent killers! just lost a friend to ovarian cancer!!!!!!
    I just lost my Grandma to ovarian cancer, she died less than a month after being diagnosed. Thank you for spreading the word everyone needs to get screened!!!

kandykisses Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes1986 View Post
    I just lost my Grandma to ovarian cancer, she died less than a month after being diagnosed. Thank you for spreading the word everyone needs to get screened!!!
    I am so sorry for your loss.

1karenhb Guest
    My favorite is Garbo Talks. She was a classy lady. I could never really imagine her being married to Mel Brooks. Guess opposites do attract.

kandykisses Guest
    Women always love that guy who can make them laugh.

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kandykisses View Post
    Women always love that guy who can make them laugh.
    You're right about that!

Loved her in The Turning Point

c l p Guest
    i also loved her in gi jane with demi moore.

Bayou Queen Guest
    She truly was one of my all time favorite people. I adored the Miracle Worker, and I used to think how she and Mel Brooks could be married too.........until I saw Fatso!

She was so hysterically funny in this, and she wrote and directed it. Here's a "coupala" clips...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DkeWQB9h-o

The Opening Scene
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDlG0...eature=related

Get the Honey
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar9HNDDcMgQ

I loved both Dom and Anne!! May they rest in peace!

ZoeAnne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    She was fantastic as Holly Hunter's and Robert Downey Jr.'s mother in "Home for the Holidays." It came out in 1995 (I believe) and hardly anyone I've talked to about it has seen or heard of it. It's a great movie!
    I love this movie!! I watch it evening Thanksgiving!! I've turned on alot of my co-workers to this movie by leaving it playing on my computer when I leave in the morning....most have LOVED it!! As always, Anne rocked this character!! But as someone else posted, she will always be Mrs. Robinson but everytime I watch it, I get that song (Mrs Robinson) stuck in my head for days and I drive myself crazy

MoonRabbit Guest
    I watched the film "Don't Bother to Knock" Anne Bancroft is very young in this film (in her 20's) and she really looks fantastic like a young glamor girl.
    Richard Widmark and Marilyn Monroe are in the film.
    Here is some history of the film.
    I enjoyed it! All three actors are great in it. A must see film for
    anyone that loves Ann Bancroft!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_Bother_to_Knock

This is her grave. The Angel is crying.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Grave_300.jpg

John Connor Guest
    I never did mind the little things.

I carry that around on a piece of cardboard in my wallet. Good advice for the A-type.

. .
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

graciehillfarm Guest
    Despite her "activities" in "The Graduate", she always came across as so classie.
    I think she and Mel were fortunate to find one another when they did. Obviously, he made her smile, and that is a major turn on for us ladies : )