Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Adolf Hitler

They had the plans and that's enough reason to have ground them in the dirt, as far as I am concerned.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

He had to be stopped of course; and I think it ironic (and proper) that some of the greatest scientific minds of the day - like Oppenheimer - were Jewish. Early on in Hitler's path to aggression, Germany lacked sufficient military strength to employ force in answer to force; but he met with none.

In the book Adolph Hitler by John Toland; he reportedly said that if anyone had forcibly opposed his re-militarization of the Rhineland and his violation of the treaties signed at the end of WWI; he would have had no choice but to back down.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Poo Bah MCGee Guest
    Unbelievable, there are apologists for the Nazis; the absolute filth of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Poo Bah MCGee View Post
    Unbelievable, there are apologists for the Nazis; the absolute filth of humanity.
    There are deniers, too.

Well, It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time...

Or, "This may be the best mistake we'll ever make"...

An Indonesian museum has taken down a popular exhibit that allowed visitors to pose with a life-sized wax figure of Adolph Hitler standing in front of the gates to Auschwitz.

It was apparently popular with tourists - including school children - who could pose for photos and selfies with the "sure-footed" dictator:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/indonesia...054518541.html

In a completely unanticipated and unforeseeable development, the Jewish human rights organization, the Simon Wiesenthal Center, criticized the display resulting in it's removal.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arbeit Macht Frei.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	188.8 KB 
ID:	54539  

Well now, that brings poor taste to an entirely new level.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Or, "This may be the best mistake we'll ever make"...

An Indonesian museum has taken down a popular exhibit that allowed visitors to pose with a life-sized wax figure of Adolph Hitler standing in front of the gates to Auschwitz.

It was apparently popular with tourists - including school children - who could pose for photos and selfies with the "sure-footed" dictator:

In a completely unanticipated and unforeseeable development, the Jewish human rights organization, the Simon Wiesenthal Center, criticized the display resulting in it's removal.

I could see this happening in a few South American Countries, In Indonesia? That's a bit of a surprise. The selfy thingy doesn't surprise me anymore. All this time I thought the last thing he ate was a bullet.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

This is unrelated to the most recent link, but I highly, highly recommend the German film "Downfall" for an excellent, historically accurate portrayal of the last weeks of Hitler and the Third Reich. I generally don't like war movies, but this one was fascinating and horrific. The acting is uncanny, right down to Goebbel's limp. It's on Netflix.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp1RXmM1-60
    Last edited by Nessa; 11-24-2017 at 08:46 PM.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

That's interesting.
    I'm guessing he probably didn't have a real big appetite right about then anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    This is unrelated to the most recent link, but I highly, highly recommend the German film "Downfall" for an excellent, historically accurate portrayal of the last weeks of Hitler and the Third Reich. I generally don't like war movies, but this one was fascinating and horrific. The acting is uncanny, right down to Goebbel's limp. It's on Netflix.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp1RXmM1-60
    I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up.
    If you watch it let me know what you think!

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    If you watch it let me know what you think!
    I will, if I ever even have time to catch it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

[QUOTE=JimC;1539175]Or, "This may be the best mistake we'll ever make"...

/QUOTE]

I'm not that surprised. There was a report a while back about tourists taking selfies when they visited Auschwitz with some even making jokes about being baked where the people were gassed. There was also an artist who did a project of selfies taken in idiotic poses from people who visited the Holocause memorial in Berlin and pasted them onto actual pictures of the victims to shame them for showing no respect.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2658...ial-in-berlin/

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post

I'm not that surprised. There was a report a while back about tourists taking selfies when they visited Auschwitz with some even making jokes about being baked where the people were gassed. There was also an artist who did a project of selfies taken in idiotic poses from people who visited the Holocause memorial in Berlin and pasted them onto actual pictures of the victims to shame them for showing no respect.
    Dozens of teens, Asian and otherwise, did the selfies and poses when I was at the USS Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor in 2010.
    I guess it's a generational thing?
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 11-26-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2658...ial-in-berlin/
    Wow - I'm sure that any of those people who see their pics in that context will gain a different point of view about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Dozens of teens, Asian and otherwise, did the selfies and poses when I was at the USS Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor in 2010.
    I guess it's a generational thing?
    That's probably part of it.
    I suspect that most of them don't intend any disrespect; they are just so far removed from the events being commemorated that they don't understand the solemn nature of the places.

Then again, some probably wouldn't care.

I wouldn't be jumping up and down to claim this throne.

'Hitler in Hell': George Grosz masterwork unveiled in Berlin

https://www.dw.com/en/hitler-in-hell...lin/a-52252359